After dinner, Spike took her to a club, and again Buffy saw the perks of going out with a rock star. He walked right up to the front and was let in without any question, while the line wrapping around the building was virtually ignored.

And once inside the club, there was no scrambling for tables either, as Spike led her up to a VIP section, with a comfortable, plush couch to sit on as opposed to the hard chairs down below. Almost as soon as they sat down, a bottle of champagne Buffy knew she never would've been able to afford was brought over to them.

She could see getting used to this very easily…

Buffy sat close to Spike on the couch, the champagne plus the wine she'd had with dinner making her feel a little giddy. She knew she was far from drunk, but she was pleasantly buzzed enough for her nervousness to be a thing of the past.

Spike's arm snaked around her, pulling her closer, and Buffy didn't complain. Instead, she draped her leg over his, his thigh sliding between hers, and leaned forward, to press soft, but hungry kisses against his neck.

Spike groaned, his eyes sliding shut. "Kitten…" he said softly, the word coming out as a low moan.

Encouraged by his response—and the growing bulge in the leather pants—Buffy bit down lightly on his earlobe before saying into his ear, "I want to dance, Spike."

He wasn't entirely sure how he'd be able to move in his current state, but if Buffy wanted to dance, then dance she would.

Spike took Buffy's champagne glass and set it on the table along with his before taking her hand and leading her down to the floor. Heads turned to watch them as they walked by, and not simply because of his star status. The passion simmering between them was electric, making them stand out among the crush of bodies in the darkened club.

As soon as they were on the dance floor, Spike turned Buffy, pulling her flush against him, her back to his front. He rubbed against her sensuously as her arms rose, one wrapping around his neck and the other tangled in his hair. She tilted her head to the side, allowing him to lean in to kiss and nibble at the column of her throat.

They moved in perfect time with the music, yet seemed to be in a world of their own. Spike's hands rested on her hips, guiding her movements and torturing himself with the feel of her rubbing against him. He knew he'd never make it through this night without being inside of her.

Three years had been too bloody long…

Suddenly, he turned her back around to face him, their eyes locking as he did. Buffy's arms wrapped around his waist now, her hands trailing over his back through the material of his shirt, making Spike shiver. His own hands moved from her hips to the curve of her ass, pulling her body even closer to his straining erection.

His hand rubbed over the top of her bottom, then stilled and tested it again as he realized there was something he couldn't seem to find.

Buffy looked at him with a grin that almost made his knees buckle and mouthed four words that proved to be his undoing.

"I'm not wearing any."

Spike's eyes glazed over and he panted, the knowledge Buffy was bare underneath her dress enough to push him over the edge. She felt his cock twitch against her at her admission, and leaned in close to his ear, wanting to make sure he heard her over the music.

"Take me home with you, Spike."

Spike didn't argue. Screw "dating." They hadn't been able to keep their hormones in check years ago, and trying to now would be nothing but a losing battle. She was humping him on the dance floor and wasn't wearing any knickers. He could put the past behind him.

They somehow managed to navigate their way out of the club without stopping their groping, and as soon as the valet had gone to get his car, Spike pulled Buffy around to face him and kissed her, not caring one whit about the people standing outside the club now staring at them.

All that mattered to him was having Buffy back in his arms where she belonged.

He broke away from Buffy reluctantly when he felt the valet tap him on the shoulder. "I thought you were dating Eve Hart," the valet said as he handed Spike back his car keys.

"Eve and I are over," Spike said curtly before handing the valet a tip and walking with Buffy over to the car. He got the door for her, helping her in before he went around to the driver's side.

Buffy took a few deep breaths as Spike started the engine, trying to calm herself down enough to at least get to Spike's place.

"I was surprised to see you in something other than the DeSoto," Buffy said as she ran her hand along the seats of the two-seater convertible Spike had come in that night.

"I take this when I know there's going to be valets involved," Spike replied. "I don't trust them with my baby."

"So you'll trust them with a fairly new, obviously expensive sports car, but not…" At the look Spike shot her from the driver's side, Buffy stopped. "Of course. Makes perfect sense to me."

They made the rest of the drive in silence, both of them focusing on getting to a place where they could be naked as quickly as possible.

The closer they got the Spike's house, the more Buffy realized just how much he'd moved up in the world. The houses they were passing were way beyond any price range she'd ever lived in, even back when her parents had still been married and money had been significantly less tight than it had been after the divorce.

Spike turned into a drive and stopped to punch in a code to open a large, metal gate. Buffy swallowed as the gate slowly opened. The idea of going home with a rock star seemed almost absurd, yet at the same time, it was Spike, which felt comforting and normal.

She decided to focus on the Spike part now. She'd have time to get used to the part where Spike was now rich and famous later.

Spike parked the car, then came around to Buffy's side to help her out. She paused for a moment, getting a good look at his house as she listened to the sound of waves lapping the shore in the distance. "Nice place. Looks…expensive."

"I could afford it," Spike replied, though his tone wasn't one of bragging, just fact. "The album did well, as did the touring and the merchandising." He broke out into a grin. "Plus, we caught Quentin stealing from us."

Buffy gasped. She'd known something had happened with Travers, though she'd never actually gotten the whole story. "Spike that's…why are you smiling about that?"

"'Cause we caught him good and proper. Had all sorts of incriminating evidence. The wanker got so scared he agreed to pay us a huge lump sum settlement to keep his arse out of jail." Spike shrugged. "Thinking of him sitting in a jail cell was a pretty thought, but we took the money. He's ruined anyway."

Then, Spike came up behind Buffy and wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close. "Though if I'd known he was what took you away from me, I might have opted for the prison term."

Buffy leaned against his chest, her eyes closing for a moment as she savored being with him again before she spoke. "Spike, I am sorry for that. More than I could ever tell you. I shouldn't have let what he said get to me the way it did. I shouldn't have left."

"Things were rough for us all the way around then," Spike replied. "We got off track somehow and couldn't figure out how to get back on." He turned her around and looked into her eyes. "But let's just put that behind us now, yeah? Let tonight be the start of something new."

Buffy nodded, her throat tightening on her with emotion and making her doubt her ability to talk.

"I'm not letting you go again," Spike promised softly before he leaned in and sealed his vow with a kiss. The kiss started out slow and gentle, but soon the passion in them had risen again, bringing them back to the state they'd be in back at the club.

"Inside. Now," Buffy panted when they broke away for air.

Spike gave no argument as they rushed to his front door, where he fumbled with the lock as Buffy rubbed herself against his side, kissing and nibbling his neck as she did. Finally, the door opened, and Spike closed and locked it quickly before his keys and wallet hit the ground, followed by Buffy's purse.

He spun her around and pushed her against the wall, his mouth against hers again as she grabbed him and pulled him closer. The moment cast echoes of their first time together over four years prior, both of them flashing back for a moment to the memory.

Tonight was, in some way, the first time for them all over again.

"You have a bed nearby?" Buffy gasped between kisses.

"Yeah. A nice, big comfy one."

"Take me to it."

Spike lifted her into his arms, amazing himself with his ability to walk with both Buffy's roving hands and lips and the current tightness of his pants.

Then, he stepped into the living room, and almost dropped her.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Spike's angry growl of a question made Buffy's head whip around, and she gasped when she saw Eve Hart standing by the couch. Then, she rolled her eyes. "You have got to be freaking kidding me."

Reluctantly, Spike lowered Buffy onto her feet, though he kept his arm wrapped around her waist. "Get out of my house before I call the cops," he said to his ex.

Eve raised her hands. "Whoa now, kids. Let's not be hasty. Spike, I just came to talk to you. I didn't expect to end up in the middle of the family reunion."

Spike's whole body stiffened, his temper barely in check. "Get out of my house."

"I'm doing you a favor here, Spike," Eve replied as she dropped her hands. "Because if you don't kick her out right now, then it's over for us, and I don't think that's something you really want."

Spike's sharp bark of laughter made Eve flinch. "Are you completely daft? That's exactly what I want, you stupid bint. That's why I broke up with you. I don't want you. I will never want you ever, ever again."

"You're making a big mistake," Eve replied, her eyes narrowing.

"You know, somehow, I really don't think so."

"You will regret this, Spike." Eve started towards the door, yet stopped when she reached the couple. "This isn't the last you'll hear from me."

Spike and Buffy stayed in stunned silence for a moment until they heard the front door slam behind Eve.

"Whoa," Buffy said, blinking. "She's mental."

"Yeah, I got that vibe," Spike replied, scratching the back of his head. "Why do I always get the crazy ones?"

"'Cause maybe opposites really don't attract?"

"Ha bloody ha." Spike sobered then, and turned Buffy around to meet his eyes. "You all right, luv?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," Buffy replied. "It was kind of freaky having her in here, but she's gone now. Do you think she meant that thing about it not being the last you heard from her?"

Spike shrugged. "Probably not. She's just been in Hollywood too long. Has to make a dramatic exit. Though I'm so having the locks changed first thing Monday morning." He leaned down and kissed Buffy on the forehead. "I'm going to lock up and make sure she's really gone," he said. "Will you be okay in here?"

Buffy nodded. "Just hurry back."

Spike gave her one more kiss. "I will."

*** *** ***


Reviews? I know that was sort of mean, having it all that tension lead up to nothing, but I promise I will more than make up for it…

Also, just a reminder, the posting schedule for this story has changed and will now be posted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.