I have a problem. I know and I’m willing to admit it. At this moment I have *counts under breath quickly* 3 and becoming 4 at this moment maybe WIPs. Hey, I wonder if there’s a Spuffy Writers Anonymous? Anywho, in order for this story to work I need Buffy to REALLY like this new guy and to be honest I can't stand the idea of Buffy being in love with anyone but Spike and as much as it pains me it’s absolutely necessary. The prospect of Buffy being REALLY in love with Angel or Riley is a total stomach turner so I’ve created a new and temporarily tolerable dude for Buffy…for the time being anyways.

**********************************************************

Last year for Buffy Summers had been hell. Summer had been hell for Buffy Summers. This year? It wasn’t going to be hell for Buffy Summers if she had anything to do with it. On the last day of her sophomore year, she’d been publicly humiliated by Spike Giles, her unrequited love of her life. She wasn’t going to let anything like that happen again. She’d been so stupid. Like a guy like Spike would ever give her a second look. She was invisible. Even when they bumped into each other at her house when he was hanging out with Angel, he didn’t even acknowledge her. Like she’d said. Not this year. This year was going to be different. This year her hair was blonder, she had contacts working their magic and her skirts had gotten just a tid bit shorter. Last year held one great purpose in her life though. Talk about a reality check.

Buffy ran her fingers through her bouncy shoulder length golden blonde hair and self consciously applied another coat of shiny pink Lancôme lip gloss. Did she look okay? The jean mini she was wearing was at least an two inches shorter than her normal skirts and her little pink “This Is What a Feminist Looks Like” baby doll tee was a little tighter. Not to mention she was wearing more than her normal lip balm.

Her thoughts were cut short by her mother, “Buffy! Willow and Xander are here!”

“Coming!” Buffy called back down, picking up her backpack and heading down to greet her friends. They’d have to be quick though. She had to dodge Angel. Many people would appreciate the new look. Her older brother? Not so much.

“Ohmigod! Look at you!” Willow giggled as Buffy reached the bottom of the stairs.

Buffy smiled brightly, “I know. You look amazing too Wills!”

The two friends hugged happily before Buffy turned to Xander, “Hey Xander. You ready?”

Xander gave her his trade mark goofy smile, “As ever. What’s another year of endless torture anyways?”

Buffy giggled, “It’s gonna be different this year. I know it.”

“Woman’s intuition?” he raised an eyebrow.

Buffy shook her head and laughed, “Nah, just a shorter skirt.”

“Buffy…” her brother started from behind her.

“Yes Liam?” Buffy used his real name, telling him to bring it on.

“You can not wear that skirt,” he sighed, “You can almost see your ass.”

Buffy turned around and raised an eyebrow, “But big brother, you don’t mind when Cordelia Chase’s ass is hanging out of her skirt. What’s the diff with me?”

“Don’t test me Buffy,” he practically growled, “Go upstairs and put on something that covers your ass.”

“No.”

Her answer kinda shocked both of them. Another thing about Buffy was that she always played the obedient puppy. Not this time.

No one had noticed that Spike had entered at the house and at the moment was staring at the girl he’d rejected publicly only three months ago in awe.

Staring down her brother for a few seconds more Buffy led Willow and Xander out of her house, leaving Angel behind, angry as ever.

“Ohmigod!” Willow laughed, “Go independent Buffy!”

Buffy beamed, “Yeah, I like her too.”

**********************************************************

Yup, today was going pretty well. Buffy hadn’t, tripped, stumbled or bumped into…

“OUCH!”

Buffy stared up at the sky and blinked a few times, “Spoke to soon.”

“Talking to yourself again Summers?” Standing over her was Ryan Cooper, the super skater cutie, holding a hand out to her to help her up.

Ryan Cooper was a hottie in his own way. He had shaggy, skater style blonde hair that needed to be cut desperately. He wore a slightly baggy but fitting SKATE OR DIE tee and he needed to pull up his pants because you could see his Spider Man boxers. Yup, he was definitely a hottie if not more.

A blush burned Buffy’s cheeks as she sat up and took Ryan’s hand before he pulled her up. A few beats passed and neither let go of each other’s hand. Finally, blushing again, Buffy pulled her hand from his and turned away, looking anywhere but him, “I am such a klutz. And here I thought I could make it through a day with out falling flat on my ass. Guess I was wrong.”

“Oh come on now Summers,” Ryan smiled at her, “Some guys might just find you klutziness endearing.”

Buffy laughed, almost bitterly, “Yeah right.”

“No, it’s true,” Ryan shook his head and they started to walk, “I know I do.” Surprisingly, the last part of that statement had come out more as a confession then a statement.

“You gotta stop that,” Buffy blushed.

“What is that?” he raised an eyebrow, still smiling charmingly at her.

“Making me blush,” she giggled slightly.

“Another thing some guys find appealing,” he stated, staring straight at her.

“And how about Ryan Cooper?” she asked, growing more confident.

“He definitely fits under that category.”

Buffy laughed, “Thank you. This makes up for the whole falling flat on my ass thing.”

“Anything for a lady,” he laughed back, holding out an arm to her, “Walk you to class?”

“Most def,” Buffy smiled brightly and linked arms with him.

How would of thought that tripping would bring a whole world of good?

**********************************************************

Spike was angry and he didn’t know why. Why did he care if Angel’s little sis talked to that whelp Ryan Cooper anyways? He’d broken the chit’s bloody heart on the last day of school and hadn’t given a care in the world. What was the fucking difference now?

Spike practically growled as they linked arms and started to walk away. Oh this was just bloody fucking great. This year was going to be hell.

*******************************************************
review if you want me to continue. And remember people, if you like this story and you want more then you really should review because I base the continuation of each of my new stories on the reviews. Just though you should know. You could also e-mail with suggestions @ MissParis77@aol.com. Yeah, i'm begging now.