“So what are we doing again?” Willow questioned Buffy as she dug under her bed with a raised eyebrow.

Buffy turned to give Willow a “duh” look, “An exorcism.”

Willow’s red brows knitted together, “Someone went Linda Blair?”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at that, “No silly. I’m exorcizing Ryan from my room.” She let out an “ah-huh!” as she pulled a pair of blue and green plaid boxers from under her bed, “I know these were down here. Sneaky bastards like their owner.”

Willow’s face turned as red as her hair and looked away with a nervous laugh.

“Hand me the garage can,” Buffy asked, “I think these are it.”

Willow handed her, her tin garbage can that was half way full with clothes, CD’s, and an stuffed bear in a pumpkin costume that Ryan had won for Buffy at the Halloween fair. Buffy tossed in the boxers before her hands reached up around her neck and unclasped a small diary key on a chain. The key to his heart. Bullshit. Now, if it was a joint on a chain, well that would be a whole different story.

“Okay now what?” Willow asked, not really getting it, “Just giving it back to him isn't an exorcism. It’s just…give back.”

Buffy nodded. She hadn’t really thought ahead of this point. She stopped to think about it a second before inspiration hit. She picked up the box, grabbing her inspiration off her desk and started out of her house with Willow in tow.

Once they were outside, Buffy set the box down in the middle of the driveway and pulled out a book of matches. Willow’s eyes widened, “Omigod Buffy! You can not incinerate Ryan’s stuff! Be a giver!”

Buffy smiled wickedly, “No thanks. I like my way better.” With that, Buffy struck a match, setting it on fire and tossed it into the can before Willow could stop her.

All either girl could do was watched the fire.

**********************************************************

Monday, the day Buffy had been dreading. Monday was the day she had to face Ryan. Yeah, things were over between them. She was done with him. She was sick and tired for being treated like dirt. So what if it would make her single again. She’d deal. Ryan had been an…experiment. Yeah, an experiment. Her first boyfriend. Okay so there was Nate Billson in the seventh grade but going to a dingy school dance in which they’d ditched each other for their friends within minutes didn’t count.

“You okay?” Willow asked as they entered the school, taking note of her friend’s obvious tension.

Buffy bit her lip and turned to Willow, “Not so much. I’m gonna break up with Ryan today. I just don’t know, ah, when.”

Willow gave her a sympathetic smile before saying, “Yeah, well I figured that after you burned his CD’s and clothes.”

“It was fun,” Buffy laughed and Willow gave her a look. She smiled wickedly and added, “Really, really fun.”

They stopped outside of Willow’s homeroom and hugged quickly.

“If you need any support, I’m here,” Willow smiled.

Buffy nodded and took a deep breath, “I know. Big chocolate fest at my house after school. I’m planning on totally eating the pain away in chocolate form.”

Oh, a lot of snickers were going to be consumed tonight. With that last thought, Buffy turned to make her way to the court yard where Ryan and his buds usually messed around before school.

**********************************************************

“Hey skater boy,” Spike said as casually as he could, “I need to talk to you.”

Ryan stopped and turned to see one of the people he hated most in life. He was always sniffing around Buffy. And that smirk! God, Ryan really wanted to wipe it off his face.

Boy guys stopped and glared at each other. There they stood, in the middle of the courtyard, staring each other down. They must have looked like idiots. Yeah, like they cared.

“Yes bleached wonder?” Ryan sighed, finally looking away.

“Okay, I have a problem with you,” Spike took a step forward, trying to intimidate, “I got a call last night from Buffy and she was crying her bloody eyes out. Do you know why exactly?” The last part was spit out like poison.

Ryan shrugged, “I dunno, she was being real bitchy on Saturday. PMS maybe?”

The closer he got, the stronger the urge to smash skater boy’s face in got. He had a feeling wouldn’t like that though, “Not the answer I was looking for skater boy,”

“Listen Captain Peroxide,” Ryan laughed sarcastically, “I don’t know what you're getting at here but I do know that you have a thing for my girl. Must hurt to know that no matter how much time you spend with her, she always come back to me and then we’ll fuck.”

Spike’s fist clenched at his sides.

“Yeah, in the beginning she’d been all cute and sweet and I’d wanted to spend every moment with her but now, she’s just arm candy. I think I might break up with her thought. You know what? This little conversation made me see the light. I’m gonna keep her around a little bit longer,” Ryan went on with a smirk that put Spike’s to shame, knowing that he was pissing off the platinum blonde, “I mean man can she suck…”

Ryan hadn’t seen it coming but he felt it for sure. Spike’s fist came crashing into his face with all the force he hand, “Don’t you EVER talk about her that way! She’s a bloody goddess and you're nothing but a piece of fucking dirt!”

A crowd had gathered by the time the second punch was thrown.

Buffy entered the court yard and instantly heard the loud chant of “FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!” Oh come on, Buffy thought. Guys were just so immature. Like they had something to prove by hitting each other.

Her arm was suddenly grabbed with a perfectly manicured hand to the point of pain. Cordelia Chase, who had witnessed the whole thing smiled at her ever so brightly, “Who knew you had it in you Summers. I guess you didn’t come out of the shallow end of the gene pool after all.”

Buffy’s brows scrunched together, “Wait a second. Huh?”

Cordelia’s eyes widened slight but then went back to silently smirking at her, “You mean you don’t know? They’re fighting over you!”

Buffy shook her head, completely confused on what was going on. That was until she heard a loud, “Bloody hell!” and things then got a whole lot clearer.

Buffy pulled out of Cordy’s grip and pushed her way through the crowd of kids as fast as possible. In the middle of the circle was Spike and Ryan trading punches.

“STOP IT!” Buffy practically screamed, “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TWO THINK YOU'RE DOING!?”

They stopped almost instantly, both turning to stare at her. To say the least, she looked pissed.

Buffy was beyond pissed. She was tempted to take a swing at both of them herself, “Answer me! What the hell is this about?!”

“Luv…” Spike started but Buffy cut him off short.

“Don’t you date “luv” me William,” Buffy bit out, making sure to exaggerate his real first name.

Spike turned to Ryan, “Come on skater boy. Go tell your girlfriend what you were saying about her. It’s a real bloody riot you know!”

Buffy turned to look at her for sure now ex with cold eyes, “Well come on now Ryan. What were you saying about me?”

Ryan avoided the question perfectly, “That doesn’t matter Buffy. He loves you, you know.”

Buffy eyes widened slightly before she shook her head vehemently in denial, “No way. Not a chance in hell. Never!” she turned to Spike with wide eyes, begging him to tell her differently.

Spike was about to open his mouth and deny it but he couldn’t. It was true. He loved her, “I can't do that kitten.”

Buffy’s eyes looked like they were going to pop. That’s how huge they were, “Why?”

Spike turned and looked at her with the most beautiful, sincere eyes she’d ever seen, “Because I do you,” It had come out as nothing more then a whisper.

“Oh.”

**********************************************************
tehe, I’m an evil bitch aren't I? I’ll have the next chapter up as soon as I can. Reviews to make me write faster you know…