**falls off computer chair laughing** okay, I really need a beta. I was pointed out in a review the fact that I said “because I do you” instead of the clean version of “because I do” not that I would mind letting Spike do me…anyhow so sorry but the last three beta’s I tried never contacted me again! grrr. Okay, I’m over it. ENJOY!!!

**********************************************************

Ryan avoided the question perfectly, “That doesn’t matter Buffy. He loves you, you know.”

Buffy eyes widened slightly before she shook her head vehemently in denial, “No way. Not a chance in hell. Never!” she turned to Spike with wide eyes, begging him to tell her differently.

Spike was about to open his mouth and deny it but he couldn’t. It was true. He loved her, “I can't do that kitten.”

Buffy’s eyes looked like they were going to pop. That’s how huge they were, “Why?”

Spike turned and looked at her with the most beautiful, sincere eyes she’d ever seen, “Because I do,” It had come out as nothing more then a whisper.

“Oh.”

Buffy couldn’t think. It was like the entire world had frozen around her. Spike loved her? No, that could never be…could it? Apparently yes!

“You…” Buffy started but was quickly interrupted.

No one saw the punch coming from Angel either.

“You love me sister?!” Angel exclaimed as his fist connected with his friend’s face.

This couldn’t be happening. They could be friends all they wanted. JUST friends. No kissing, touching, licking, no ANYTHING of the sort!

“Bloody hell!” Spike roared in pain and surprise, “What the fuck was that for?!”

“Ohmigod Angel!” Buffy cried out, grabbing his hand roughly.

Buffy couldn’t believe this was happening. All she’d wanted to do was come break up with Ryan, get through her classes and go wallow for a little while. It was clear that her plan was failing miserably. First Spike and Ryan and now her brother with the hitting. And let’s not forget the fact that Spike just declared he loved her. She didn’t even want to think about that one yet!

Angel yanked his hand away from his sister and asked, “Do you love him back?”

This question made Buffy freeze. To be honest, she just didn’t know. She should know! She should know the answer was no!

If so, then why did she feel so unsure? She’d learned to love him as friend and yes, her attraction to him lingered but come on, look at the boy. Oh this was so fucked up, “No!”

Hurt flicked in Spike’s eyes but he quickly covered it and stayed quiet. She didn’t love him back? Well that was just bloody dandy wasn’t it?

“Coming through! Let me through god damn it!” Lindy Morgan snapped as she pushed her way through the kids. This was just too good! She knew that things would eventually boil over but she’d never suspected that it’d be this major!

She pulled Buffy into a quick hug before asking in her best “I care” voice, “Want me to get you out of here?” This time, Lindy did care though. This was a first for sure.

Buffy nodded mutely. A thousand thoughts running through her head at once, “Please.”

With that, Lindy grabbed Buffy by the hand and pulled her along quickly. Angel, Ryan and Spike were to busy fighting among themselves to even notice. Stupid boys. Once they’d plowed their way through the crowd, they made a mad dash to the parking lot, not once stopping until they’d reached Lindy’s car.

Buffy leaned up against the white convertible to catch her breath. The second she did, she crashed, “Ohmigod! Did you see that? Pinch me cause stuff like this only happens to me in dreams! Dreams Lindy! Dreams!”

Lindy grabbed Buffy by the shoulders and gave her a little shake, “Snap out of it girl! You're awake and that really did just happen.”

Buffy stared at her with wide, disbelieving eyes, “Really?”

Lindy nodded slowly, “Really.”

This of course launched another panic attach, “But WHY does he love ME? He’s a Spike Giles Lindy! And I’m just a Buffy Summers! The Spike Giles’s of the world NEVER fall for the Buffy Summers! NEVER!”

“Sweetie,” Lindy sighed, “Please. The boy has been head over heels since the beginning of the year. I can't believe he had to tell you for you to figure it out.”

“Really?” Buffy asked in utter disbelief. Where was she for the past three months? Spike was in love with her? This made no sense whatsoever.

“Mmhm,” Lindy nodded, “Now, here comes to the biggie. How do you REALLY feel babe?”

Buffy honestly didn’t know.

**********************************************************

Snyder paced in front of his desk, smirk firmly in place. Oh he was just loving this.

Spike, Angel and Ryan sat and glared at the little bald Nazi, waiting to see what their punishment was. He’d been pacing and smirking evilly for the past minute and a half.

Snyder had been looking for a reason to go off of Spike and this was it. Bloody fucking hell this was not going to be good.

The pacing finally stopped but the smirking didn’t. Principle Snyder turned to the three boys and his smirk only grew, “Mr. Giles, Mr. Summers, and Mr. Cooper. My three favorite delinquents. Why am I not surprised that it was the three of you that started a bar room style brawl in my courtyard this morning?”

No one replied of course.

**********************************************************

“Come on Buff,” Lindy said as she slid into the driver’s seat of her car, “I’ve got just the cure for you.”

Buffy eyed Lindy suspiciously, not trusting the brunette’s tone of voice. This of course made Lindy laugh, “Sweetie, this is a once and a life time offer for a spa day and then clubbing with a Lindy Morgan of the world. Are you in, or are you out?”

Instead of replying, Buffy just got in on the passenger’s side and smile at Lindy. She was more definitely in.

**********************************************************
please note that this was just a little filler chapter in which nothing was really *meant* to happen, just to show you all Buffy’s reaction. In the next chapter Buffy gets really drunk which is always good for a laugh…