Buffy stiffened in shock the second their lips met. This wasn’t a gentle kiss. In fact, there was nothing gentle about it at all. Spike’s mouth devoured her mouth urgently, his tongue demanding entrance to her mouth.

He was kissing her. Spike was kissing her and hey, it was one amazing kiss! Wait, Spike was kissing her and she was standing her like a stiff board! No, that wouldn’t do. It seemed like all of her angry drained from her body all at once.

Buffy opened her mouth for him and let his tongue slip in as she wrapped her arms around his neck and got lost in the kiss.

When Spike felt her start to respond, he softened the kiss slightly and let go of her wrist, only to wrap his arms around her small waist and pulled her even closer to him.

Heaven.

Lindy exited her house, doughnut in mouth, keys and bag in hand, stopped and did a double take. Buffy and Spike where making out on her front porch. Well there was something that she wasn’t expecting. Once it was concluded that it really was indeed the two of them making out on her front porch, she rolled her eyes and muttered, “Took ya long enough.” around the krispy cream.

She then smiled wickedly (well the best she could anyway) and dropped her bag to pull out her cell from her back pocket. She snapped a picture quickly before tucking her phone away again, grabbing her bag and getting in her car. Neither noticed her presence once. Lindy took a big bite out of her doughnut as she started her car, giving the couple an “Ahh look they’re so cute” look and headed off to school.

Buffy was the first to pull away, gasping for air. A million thoughts rushed her at once. She’d just had the best kiss of her life with the guy that loved her and she was pretty sure she loved back but at the same time, this was the same guy that had hurt her so badly in the past. Could she ever completely forgive and forget?

She looked into Spike’s eyes and saw nothing more then love and devotion. She had her answer. Yeah, she could.

**********************************************************

“Lindy, let me use your phone,” Harmony Kendal whined, following Lindy down the hall.

Lindy suppressed the urge to roll her eyes and turned to the air headed blonde, “Why? What’s wrong with yours?”

Harmony put her hands on her hips, “Because my battery is dead and I have to reschedule my manicure. Now gimme!”

Lindy sighed before handing over her phone. She caught a quick glace of Harmony’s
watch and almost pissed her pants, “Oh shit! I gotta get my column into Duncan or the little rat bastard’s gonna kill me. Give me it back at lunch!” With that, she raced down the hall.

Harmony didn’t hear Lindy. She was to busy fuming over a picture of her beloved Blondie Bear sucking face with Angel’s little sister. How dare that little slut! Spikey was her’s!

An evil smirk crossed her face before she quickly dialed a number and waited.

“Hello?” Angel grumbled into his phone. He’d been sleeping do to the fact that he was suspended from school for the week. He was in no mood to talk to anyone. After yesterday’s events and the fact that Buffy didn’t come home last night because she supposedly spent the night at of all people’s houses, Lindy he was not a happy camper.

“Hey Angel,” Harmony said casually, “I think you should get a good look at these.”

Angel held his cell in front of his face to reveal a picture of his sister and his best friend kissing. Not just like a light peck on the cheek, or even a small kiss on the lips but engaged in a full blown make out session.

The need to rip Spike’s head off became overwhelming as he gripped the phone tightly and brought in back up to his ear. He uttered a tight, “Thanks Harmony.”

“And these,” Harmony went on quickly before he got a chance to hang up.

Angel was soon looking at pictures of Buffy doing body shots, dancing like a whore and grinding on a pole.

Talk about a brother’s breaking point.

**********************************************************

“Wow,” Buffy breathed, touching her well-kissed lips.

Spike nodded before stating in an uncharacteristically quiet voice, “I really do love you.”

Buffy smiled weakly, not really knowing how to reply. Everything was just so hard. “I know.”

Brief disappointment flooded Spike but quickly shook it off. He’d give her time to say it but deep down he knew she felt it. It was only a matter of time, “You know this changes everything luv. I’m not letting you go.”

“Yeah but what about Angel? You know he’s not going to take this lying down. Actually, he’ll probably lock me in my room until I’m thirty and then smash your face in. Neither sound very appealing,” Buffy pointed out with a loud sigh.

Bloody hell, she had a point. Angel had already made it clear by the shiner he had on his left eye that he was not happy about it. Not wanting to go into it, Spike offered, “Come on luv. I’ll take you home.”

Buffy sighed heavily once more and nodded, “Okay.”

With that, they got into Spike’s car and headed in the direction of the Summer’s home.

**********************************************************

Buffy stared at the doorknob like if she touched it, it would burn. As her hand slowly made it’s way to the knob, the door was violently flung open to reveal her brother. He didn’t look happy to say the least.

“Ohmigod Angel!” Buffy exclaimed in shock as the door had swung open, “What the hell is your problem?”

In response, a cell phone was shoved into her face. Her eyes widened when she saw what was on the screen. So Lindy HADN’T been kidding at all about her doing the pole. Wait a second! Lindy ratted her out! And so what if she’d went out and had a good time? It wasn’t any of Angel’s business!”

“So what?” Buffy shrugged nonchalantly. The nonchalance that she wasn’t feeling by any means at all.

“So what!? So what!?” Angel raved, “You were acting like a little fucking whore! And then you went a proved practically fucking Spike!”

Buffy’s eyes widened, “What are you talking about you jackass!? We kissed! That’s all! A kiss! And you know what? It was a breath taking, knee buckling, world spinning kinda kiss too!”

Angel shook his head heatedly. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing! Taking a deep calming breath, he turned to his sister and stated, “What happened Buff? You used to be the nice girl and then Ryan came along and…”

Buffy cut him off immediately, “Don’t you fucking dare. If anything Ryan changed me for the better! At least now I know that it’s okay to be myself and not hide in your perfect Mr. Popular shadow. So what if he hurt me? At least he opened up my eyes that you seem so content keeping shut.” She paused to take a calming breath, “Well guess what Liam? I can see now and I’m lookin at you and truthfully I don’t like what I see.”

Not sparing him a second glance, Buffy walked out of the house.

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed
And it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know
Exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me
To hold your hand
'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

Oh...I've had it up to here!
The moment that I step outside
So many reasons
For me to run and hide
I can't do the little things I hold so dear
'Cause it's all those little things
That I fear

'Cause I'm just a girl I'd rather not be
'Cause they won't let me drive
Late at night I'm just a girl,
Guess I'm some kind of freak
'Cause they all sit and stare
With their eyes

I'm just a girl,
Take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype

Oh...I've had it up to here!
Oh...am I making myself clear?
I'm just a girl
I'm just a girl in the world...
That's all that you'll let me be!
I'm just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb
Makes me worry some

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to Is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

Oh...I've had it up to!
Oh...I've had it up to!!
Oh...I've had it up to here!

**********************************************************
nothing can ever go right for poor Buffy can they? Sigh. Okay well sorry I took so long to update (and yes for me, when I’m really into a story a few days is a long time apart for updates) but that little thing called reality decided to come bite me in the ass. Okay well review pretty please and I’ll give you cookies. Song: “Just A Girl” by No Doubt which is my life theme song