just before hand, this’ll probably gonna be my last update until after X-mas cuz I’m gonna finish up “A Christmas Present to Remember” for Darla Winifred which I say is a great story and if you haven’t already, u should really read it. Thanks for the reviews and enjoy! Oh yeah, btw THANK U SO MUCH whoever nominated me for best high school fic for The Blood Awards (www.geocities.com/bloodawards) in which I’m also judging for so u should all and check that out because I said so and now you're all probably thinking okay we get it, shut up and get to the story so I will : )
**********************************************************

“Do we really have to tell him?” Buffy asked, biting her bottom lip between her teeth, a nervous expression covering her face, “I mean he’s a guy. He might buy that I’m just getting fat right?”

Joyce sighed and shook her head, “Buffy, we have to tell your brother. He loves you as much as I do so I’m sure that he’ll be understanding.”

Buffy blinked at her mother a few times before asking, “Where have you been for the last few years mother? He is not going to be all understanding! I’ll be lucky if he doesn’t kill me and then go kill Spike and Ryan! This is Liam mother.”

The elder Summers sighed again, “Everything is going to be okay sweetie. I know that Liam has quite a…temper but you're his sister and no matter what he’s going to support you just like I am.”

Buffy nodded solemnly before sinking back into the comfy living room chair. All she could do was wait for Angel to come home and make things even worse.

About forty five minutes later he stepped through the front door. He took one look at his sister and mother and suddenly had a strong urge to turn around and walk right back out of the door he’d just entered from.

“Angel, son,” his mother started, patting the spot next to her on the couch and smiled up at him, “Why don’t you sit down?”

His eyes brows shot up in question before he took a seat next to her, “So what’s going on?

Buffy shot her mother a pleading look before Joyce sighed once more and said, “Buffy has something to tell you but you need to promise me that you’ll try to be understanding.”

Angel nodded slowly; the bad feeling that had hit him when he’d came in growing considerably, “Okay.”

“I’m pregnant,” Buffy blurted out before she could stop herself.

Hearing those words, Angel bolted out of his seat and whipped around to face his sister, “You're what?!”

Buffy looked down at her hands. All of a sudden her sky blue nails had become the most interesting things ever, “You heard me.”

That’s when the pacing and the incoherent rants started, “Oh could you Buffy! What were you thinking?! How could you be so stupid?! Have you ever heard of protection?! Abstinence! Abstinence is a wonderful thing for you Buffy!”

Buffy and Joyce just stared at the dark haired teen, waiting patiently for him to finish.

“And I’m guessing Spike is the father?” he finally asked.

Buffy froze. The one question she’d hoped he would have just assumed about. She looked away and said quietly, “I don’t know.”

“What?” he snapped, “You don’t even know who the father is?! I didn’t know you were that big of a whore th…”

“You finish that sentence Liam and you will regret it,” Joyce bit out

he turned to his mother and shook his head, “How can you be so cool with this?! You're sixteen year old daughter his pregnant and doesn’t know who the father is!”

“It’s either Spike or Ryan,” Buffy explained quietly before she looked up at him, her eyes blazing, “I’ve never slept with anyone other than them so you can shove me being a whore up your ass!”

Angel shook his head and laughed bitterly before he stalked right out the house, leaving an angry Joyce and a nearly in tears Buffy.

**********************************************************

Spike had come home, grabbed a bottle of scotch out of his father’s liquor cabinet and locked himself in his room. The old man had come home demanding to know why he hadn't came back to school in which he’d only gotten a, ‘Sod off’ in response. After about fifteen minutes of yelling through the door, he’d given up and gone downstairs.

He took a long swig and shook his head. Stupid bitch. Who the hell did she think she was to do something so bloody selfish and idiotic? And then there was the skater boy. He took another swig. Fuck, he’d rather have had her cheated on him then it being skater boy. She’d loved Ryan before him.

There was a loud knock on his door. He almost wished it was an pissed off Angel to beat the shit out of him. At least he could get a spot of violence to make him feel better.

“Blondie bear?”

He mentally cringed at his ex’s high pitched voice before asking, slightly slurred, “What do you want Harm?”

“I missed you,” she practically purred, “Didn’t you miss me?”

Spike’s alcohol laden mind didn’t once contemplate the consequences of what he did next. He got up, opened the door, grabbed Harmony and kissed her hard.

If he couldn’t have Buffy or even violence, he sure as hell could have meaningless sex.

**********************************************************

Buffy sat on her bed flipping through a copy of Elle, not really paying attention. It was something mindless to do and that’s all she needed. She’d already re-pained her nails and rearranged her desk three times. Now she’d moved on to magazines.

She jumped slightly when there was a knock on her door before it opened to reveal Angel. His face held no emotion whatsoever. Sighing, she went back to an extremely interesting article on Milan in the fall.

“I’m sorry,” he finally stated, his voice cracking slightly.

Buffy looked up surprised at his apology, “I know.” She laughed slightly before adding, “I just never thought you’d actually say it.”

“So you're going to be a mommy huh?” he asked, sitting down on the end of her bed.

They locked eyes before she nodded, “Yeah I am and you know what? I’m gonna be a great one.”

He nodded back, looking away, “I know you will Buffy. You're sweet and caring and loving and I’m such an asshole.”

“Yeah,” Buffy smiled in agreement. At his sharp but playful look she giggled, “Well you said it, not me.”

“Buffy be honest with me,” he said after a few seconds of comfortable silence, “Am I bad brother?”

Buffy sighed and closed her magazine, “No Angel. You're too good of a brother.” He gave her a skeptical look, she elaborated. “I mean you love me so much and you’d do anytime to protect me but that’s the problem. I need to get hurt to learn how to live. Life isn't sunshine and puppies. It’s hurt and pain sometimes and you gotta take that and turn into something good. I love you bro, I really, really do but you have to let me fall a little if you ever want me to learn how to pick myself back up.”

He laughed lightly as they bugged, “I love you to Buffy. When did you get so smart?”

Buffy pulled away slightly and smiled, “Oh I’ve always been like this, I just hid it well under bubble gum and giggles.”

“That you did,” he nodded in agreement, hugging her once more, “That you did.”

**********************************************************

*Clink*

Buffy’s eyes opened slightly at the noise. She blinked a few times before shutting them once more and rolling over.

*Clink*

This time it was louder. She squeezed her eyes shut, determined to ignore the noise.

*THUMP*

Her eyes shot open and she growled in aggravation before tearing out of her bed and over to the window. It was two in the freakin morning! Who the hell was out there?

She froze as her eyes connected with blue before she whispered, “Ryan…?”

**********************************************************
was that a bad place to end it? Oh well. *smiles cheekily*