I LIED! I love u guys so much I just couldn’t leave u hanging like that! It’s short but it still takes off the edge of that nasty cliffhanger.
**********************************************************

“Ryan…?”

The blonde skater smiled up at her, guitar in hand, “Hey Buffy.”

Buffy’s eyes widened in disbelief at his casualness before she hissed, “Ryan Cooper if you start to play some cheesy ass love song for me on that thing I will kill you. This is to cliché even for you!”

His smile turned sheepish before setting the guitar down, “Yeah, so it’s been done before. I’m not seeing your point.”

“I’m coming down there and I’m going to kick your skater ass! It’s two in the freakin morning!” With that, she ripped a fuzzy pink robe from her closet and started to climb out her window like she’d done so many times before, this time a little more carefully then ever before.

She whipped around when her feet hit the ground, searching for her ex boyfriend and possibly her baby’s daddy. She started to let out a scream when she felt someone grab her but a hand came over her mouth silencing her. She ripped herself from his arms and turned to glare at him, “What the hell do you think you're doing?”

He raked a hand through his thick, long blonde hair before sighing, “I just needed to talk to you Buff. I was trying to pick up on some girl the other night and it made me realize something.”

Buffy’s eyebrows shot up, “That’s real nice. What exactly did it make you realize?”

There was a long silence before he stated, “That I’m not going to get over you. That I was so stupid to throw what we had away like I did. That I still love you.”

“Oh my god,” Buffy muttered. Could her life get anymore complicated?!

“And I know you're with Spike and all Buffy and I don’t expect you to leave him for me or anything but I just thought that you deserved to know,” he finished, letting out a long breath.

“Me and Spike are over,” Buffy said quietly, regretting it instantly. It made it sound like she wanted to get back together.

Ryan suppressed a wide grin at her words, “Really? What happened? You two get into a fight?”

Buffy laughed coldly, “Oh you have no idea.”

There was another long moment of silence before Ryan asked, “Wanna go grab some fast food and talk about it?”

Well, who was she to turn down fast food right?

“Okay.”

**********************************************************

Buffy stuffed another fry into her mouth and took a sip of her chocolate shake before biting into her second double cheeseburger. Ryan just stared at her in amazement. When they had been together, she’d been able to pack it away but this was inhuman.

She noticed him staring and asked, “Wha?” through a mouthful off food.

Ryan just smiled and shook his head before taking a sip of his Mountain Dew.

Buffy looked at her ex and a sudden wave of guilt hit her. He was so oblivious of what was going on and he was right in the middle of it, “Ryan, we really, really do need to talk.”

He nodded, turning to look at her again, “I know.”

Buffy looked away again, not wanting him to see all of the remorse and sadness in her face, “I’ve kinda been lying to you.” She paused before sighing, “Okay, so I’ve been keeping something huge from you.”

“That being?” Ryan asked after a few beats.

“Well you know the last time we uh…uh…you know…” she blushed slightly, “Did it, we well, we kinda forgot something.”

It took him a few seconds before he got it, “Oh god. Buffy are you trying to tell me that…”

“Yeah,” she whispered, “I’m pregnant and that’s not all. It gets so much worse.”

He nodded silently, waiting for her to go on. She was completely surprised her didn’t blow up like Spike or Angel. He was just sitting there calming waiting for her to finish.

“The thing is that, I uh, also had sex with Spike within in time for him to qualify as daddy too with out anything too,” she confessed, “And then I did the worst thing of all.” Tears were starting to form, “I was gonna get an abortion Ryan. I was gonna kill the baby with out a care in the world but I couldn’t do it. It was unfair to you and Spike and the baby and everyone else. I’m so sorry Ryan and please don’t think I ran to you because Spike left me. I’m here because you deserve to know and now you do.”

An all too familiar uncomfortable silence settled before Ryan did something unsuspected. He pulled her into his arms the best he could with the seats dividing them, “It’s okay Buffy. Don’t cry. We’ll get through it together. I’ll take responsibility for the baby, mine or not.”

“Why?” Buffy whispered tearfully, “I love you Ryan but as a friend now. I don’t want to be with you like that.”

He nodded, “It doesn’t matter. We’ll do this as friends.”

“Is that possible?” Buffy wondered aloud. Well was it?

“We can try,” Ryan sighed, pulling away.

Buffy smiled tearfully, “Okay. We do this as friends.”

Spike didn’t want her but at least now her baby would have a daddy, even if mommy and daddy were completely platonic.