hey guys! thanks ever so much for all the reviews! I just wanted to say go read Darla Winifred’s “First Loves Die Hard” which she took over for me if you haven’t already read it. It’s complete and she did a far better job finishing it then I ever could have! Quick warning though, short chapter, long song and I stole the name of Ryan’s band from a book I read a while ago. Don’t exactly remember the name but of well.
**********************************************************

Just ignore it. Just ignore it. Just ignore it.

The looks and whispers were getting to be too much. You know, it was truly amazing how fast word spreads around a small town high school. Everyone might as well have been there to actually witness Spike and her confrontation.

She couldn’t ignore it.

Sure the ignore it and it’ll go away approach to life normally worked for her but not this time. She had to get out of here or she was going to kill herself. The whole school knew that she was pregnant and didn’t know who the father was. How exactly did that make her look? Well that was a simple question. It made her look like a complete and utter ho.

Buffy waited at her locker until the halls were empty. She started to shove her books into the cramped locker, grabbed her bag and stealthily started out of the school. She reached the front gates successfully before a hand grabbed her arm.

She let out a loud yelp and whipped around to see Ryan smiling at her, “I see you're still as easy to scare as ever.”

Buffy glared at him in return, “Asshole.”

“You love it,” he laughed.

Instead of replying ‘yeah, I do’ like she would have when they were together, she just smiled awkwardly before asking, “What do you want Cooper?”

“Figured you would need a ride,” he shrugged.

“Well…” Buffy bit her bottom lip in between her teeth. Okay this could turn out two ways. One, nicely, or it could turn out very, very badly. It would more than likely turn out very, very badly. Then again, it’s not like her life could get much more complicated, “Okay. Let’s go.”

Ryan smiled at her with his very best ‘I’m a cute little skater boy, love me, not condemn me’ smile, “Your chariot awaits.”

“You know,” Buffy stated as she got into the passenger’s seat of Ryan’s car, “I have skipped school more this year alone then I’ve ever have. Actually, before this year, I don’t think that I’ve ever skipped school. You people are very bad influences on me.”

“I personally take pride in it,” Ryan laughed before he started up the ignition and they drove away.

**********************************************************

They’d spent the day at the mall looking at baby clothes. Okay so it was more like Ryan tagged along as Buffy cooed over every little booty and jumper. All in all, it had been a relatively good day minus earlier events of course.

“You want to head off to the Bronze?” Ryan asked as they pulled into the Summer’s driveway.

Buffy blinked at him a few times before asking, “And facing everyone? I don’t think so.”

“Oh come on Summers,” Ryan smiled, “It’s Friday night and if you don’t show up, u let them win.”

Buffy closed her eyes and sighed. He did have a point. She’d already let them win by running away.

“Okay but I swear, anyone makes any cracks at me, bitch is going down,” Buffy threatened, “I may be small but I sure as hell can pack a punch.”

Ryan raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

“Yup,” she smiled on the outside but on the inside, she was all but happy.

Ryan sighed inwardly in relief as they took off again. Everything was going to work out perfectly.

**********************************************************

Today is just not my day, Buffy decided as she entered the dimly lit club only to come face to face with Harmony, Cordy, and the rest of the “popular” girls. She didn’t even have Ryan there to stand up for her. Stupid Ryan had disappeared, promising to be back as soon as possible.

Avoiding any eye contact, she attempted to push her way through. No luck.

“Listen you little slut,” Harmony bit out, “I know you think that my Spikey knocked you up but I can't even see him wanting to touch you. Why don’t you just go ruin the life of your stupid little boyfriend Ryan and leave my blondie bear alone.”

“You can have your “Blondie Bear” Harmony,” Buffy sighed, trying not to let the other girl’s words get to her. What the hell did she know anyways? “You two deserve each other.”

“What’s that supposed to…” Harmony started but was cut off when a male voice introduced “Mystery Pisser” and music filled the air.

All Buffy could do was turn to the stage and watch Ryan start to sing.

“Maybe when the room is empty,
Maybe when the bottle's full.
Maybe when the door gets broke down,
Love can break in.

Maybe when I'm done with thinking,
Maybe you can think me whole.
Maybe when I'm done with endings
This can begin, this can begin
This can begin.

If you could be my punk rock princess,
I would be your garage band king.
You can tell me why you just don’t fit in
And how you're gonna be something

Maybe when your hair gets darker,
Maybe when your eyes get wide,
Maybe when the walls are smaller
There will be more space

Maybe when I'm not so tired,
Maybe you could step inside
Maybe when I look for things that
I cant replace, I cant replace
I cant replace.

If you could be my punk rock princess,
I would be your garage band king.
You could tell me why you just don’t fit in,
And how you're gonna be something.

If I could be your first real heartache,
I would do it over again.
If you could be my punk rock princess,
I would be your heroine.

I never thought you'd last,
I never dream you would.
You watch your life go past,
You wonder if you should.

If you should be my punk rock princess,
So I could be your garage band king.
You could tell me why you just don’t fit in,
And how you're gonna be something.

If I could be your first real heartache,
I would do it over again.
If you could be my punk rock princess,
I would be your heroine.”

Oh god, oh god, oh god. There was no mistaking what the song was supposed to mean or whom it was directed towards. Ryan didn’t seem as cool with the strictly platonic as she thought he was.

Buffy pushed her way through the crowd leaving Harmony still ranting more then likely and up to the stage.

“We need to talk,” she hissed at him as he came down the small set of stairs on the side of the stage and over to her.

Slightly taken back by her tone, he nodded followed Buffy out of the club to the entrance. She practically pushed him out of the door and jabbed a finger into his chest, “What the hell was that!?”

“I still love you Buffy,” he stated, “I already told you that and I’m telling you again. God, you and Spike or over and I could be the father of the baby. It only makes sense for us to be together now.”

She shook her head vehemently, “No Ryan! I don’t want to be with you anymore! No matter what happens between me and Spike, I still love him. You said that we could try to do this as friends which hey, you were very, very wrong about so now I’m saying I do this on my own.”

She started to walk away when Ryan grabbed her arm and spun her around before kissing her.

That of course is when Spike decided to show up. The platinum blonde male took one look at the scene in front of him before turning around and walking right back to his car unnoticed. When he’d told her to go raise a happy family with the skater boy, he sure as hell hadn't meant it.

Buffy wrenched away from Ryan before smacking him hard. It was all too familiar, only this time she hadn't wanted to kiss and the slap had come after, “You can shove your songs up your ass Ryan Cooper! I don’t want to be with you!”

The blonde boy shook his head angrily and shouted back, “Fine!” and with that he stomped back into the club leaving an extremely emotionally distressed Buffy.