*sighs heavily and hits self upside the head* I know that my timing is off so please just bear with me until I can fix it? I still have some research to do on pregnancy cause I’ll say now, I know nothing about it. So like I said, bear with me until I can get things straightened around. Now in the art of shameless self promotion, go read the fic Darla Winifred and I are writing together “The Teen Dream” under the name DeliciousDarlaKittenKate cuz I said so!
**********************************************************

Buffy blinked at the people in front of her for a moment before asking, “Uh, excuse me but who are you people?”

“That problem being temporary memory loss,” the doctor finished, turning to look at Joyce.

“S-so she doesn’t remember anything?” she asked in a distressed voice.

“For the time being, she has no recollection of anything that happened in her life before the accident. All you all can do is try and help her to remember. Anything to trigger her memory, a photograph, a song, a certain smell even. I wish I could tell you that she’ll get her memories back in a day but even though this is temporary it could indeed last.”

“So Buff,” Lindy smiled at her very confused friend, “You like soap operas right?”

In return she got a scowl from Willow but she just shrugged it off. Who exactly was going to explain to her that she was pregnant at sixteen, had almost went through an abortion to get rid of a baby with two possible fathers who are both in love with her? The poor girl’s life was a freakin soap opera.

“I don’t even know my name and you're asking me if like soap operas?” Buffy asked, her voice getting a slight edge. These people were seriously confusing her.

“You're life is sort of…” Willow started to explain, “Complicated at the moment.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow, “Complicated?”

“Yeah, as in you're a sixteen year old girl pregnant with baby with an undefined father,” Xander replied.

It was his turn to get a scowl from Willow, “You could have put it a little more gently!”

“Oh my god,” Buffy muttered. She looked up at the people and stated, “I’m so freakin confused! Who are you anyways?”

A half smile appeared on Willow’s face, “Uh, I’m Willow, one of your best friends.” She gestured to the boy who’d so kindly explained why her life was a soap opera to her and the girl who had asked her if she liked them, “And they’re Xander and Lindy. Also your friends.” She then turned to a brunette boy, “This is Angel, he’s your brother and…”

“I’m your mother,” Joyce cut in, “I almost lost you today baby.”

Buffy smiled awkwardly before looking at the gorgeous piece of man standing in the corner, looking anywhere but here, “And who’s he?”

Willow bit her lip, Xander and Angel’s expressions hardened, her mother smiled sadly and the mystery man finally looked at her, “Uh…Spike, you're…uh…bloody hell.”

“We all better go,” Joyce sighed, the air in the room thick with tension, “I’m sure Buffy would like to get some rest and this all must be so overwhelming.”

“You can say that again,” she muttered, looking over the people who claimed to be her friends, family and well she didn’t know what the hottie was to her. Boyfriend maybe? She then remembered the guy name Xander’s comment. Maybe, he was the baby she was supposedly having, father.

The people in the room gave their goodbyes and left, Spike lingering for a moment. He looked at Buffy and sighed. At least she couldn’t remember the horrible comments he made to her before the accident. Then again, she couldn’t remember anything at all.

**********

They released Buffy from the hospital two days later. Much to everyone’s dismay, the blonde teenager’s memories still hadn't returned.

Buffy sighed heavily as she collapsed onto her bed. The second her body hit, a sense of comfort came over her. She rolled over slightly, trying to get comfortable. There was a large bump under the covers she was lying on. Sighing slightly, she sat up and pulled the offending object out. She stopped and smiled at the soft pink stuffed pig she had just discovered. Everything was so familiar and so foreign at the same time. She’d give anything for something, anything at all to make sense.

She set the pig aside and got up to search the rest of her room.

She wandered over to her closet and started to inspect it’s content. She touched a silky red top and smiled slightly. At least she didn’t seem to be lacking in the fashion department. She noticed a small chest buried under a pile of clothing and smiled again. maybe there was something in there to help her out. She swept the clothing aside and opened up the chest, relived when she found it to be unlocked.

Inside was a photo album and a stack of what looked like diaries. A-ha! She grabbed hold of the edge of the chest and gave it a tug to pull it out of the closet. Once she’d pulled it over to her bed, she sat down and took out one of the diaries. It was clearly one that had been filled and retired a while back. Reclining back into her pillows she opened it and started to flip through the pages.

She stopped when she spotted ‘I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!’ written in slightly sloppy handwriting, little girl’s handwriting. She raised an eyebrow and started to read the entry.

I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! Who the heck does that little jerk think he is anyways? Telling me I was to girly to play with him and Angel and then calling me Betty! My name is Buffy and I am not to girly to play football! Stupid William Giles, what does he know anyways?

Buffy couldn’t help but giggle. Whoever William Giles was, he sure managed to piss mini-her off. She continued flipping through the pages and finding nothing. She tossed the one diary back into the chest and pulled out another. The first page had her attention immediately.

Dad left today. He just simply packed a suitcase and was gone. He’d barely even said goodbye to me or Liam. I knew it was going to happen though so I don’t know why I’m letting this affect me so much. Mom and him were always fighting. It still hurts though. I hope I don’t have leave mom or Liam. If I have to move to LA with dad, I’ll probably never see Spike again. Oh well, he probably wouldn’t even notice that “Angel’s” little sister was missing anyways. He’ll never notice me.

Buffy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Not wanting to read anymore, she threw that diary back into the chest and pulled out one more. It was her current diary she decided after reading the first entry about her first day as a junior.

OHMYGOD! Today was the best day ever! First I’d told Angel, my all mighty brother no and then I talked to that skater hottie Ryan Cooper and he drove me home and it was amazing! But the Angel had to ruin it of course. The thing I don’t get though is why Spike would want to drive me home, Angel asking him or not. Maybe, just maybe Ryan will be able to rid me of my undying love for the bleached boy. God I hope he asks me out! I don’t know why he wouldn’t. Not to sound shallow or anything but I look damn good this year. You never know.

Buffy smiled. Ryan Cooper? Was he the other possible father for the baby she was having? Buffy shrugged. She’d said it herself. You never know. With that thought, she continued to flip through the pages. She stopped at the last page she’d written on.

How am I going to do this? I’m only sixteen fucking years old. I tried to get rid of it but I couldn’t. I could never do that to Spike. God I love him so much and I screwed up so bad. There’s no going back now. What’s done is done. God I’m a fucking idiot. He doesn’t want me anymore though. I shouldn’t be surprised. Did I think this is something he could forgive me for? Now I have to tell Ryan. I have to be fair. I don’t care if in the end it’s just me and my baby. It’s my baby and that’s that. I’ll always have my family and my friends. I just wish I have my love.

Buffy stared down at the page shocked. She’d tried to kill her baby. God she learned again that she had a baby not even a week ago but it was still her baby. How could she do something like that? And Spike. It sounded like she’d gotten the boy she’d wanted and then fucked it up. Lindy had been right. Her life was a total soap opera.

*********
hey people, one more little thing, go vote at www.geocities/bloodawards! It’s good for your soul, well not really but you know what I mean…