I love this story with all of my heart, for it is my baby BUT to be truthful I’m running out of ideas so I’m ending it with this chapter. Forgive me, but it’s time for me to move on to bigger and better things. Though this is my very last chapter I promise that you will find out who the father is in the epilogue! I love all of my readers and reviewers! *hugs all of my readers and reviewers* Oh yeah, go watch the video Darla Winifred made me for this fic at her new vid website www.darlawinifred.tripod.com. Thanks ever so much for it babe!

********

Today was Buffy Summers seventeenth birthday.

To bad she didn’t remember the last sixteen.

Sighing heavily, she pulled herself from bed and over to her closet to pull out the dress that she’d bought that week with Willow. Willow who had been her best friend before had slowly became her friend once more in month or so she’d been memory-less. She laid the short red, pink and orange linen funky floral print dress on her bed and headed into the bathroom down the hall.

She stopped in front of the mirror above the sink and stopped. She had no clue who was looking back at her. Shaking her head, clearing herself of that sad thought that just wouldn’t seem to leave her alone, she stripped and stepped into the shower.

*******

Buffy re-entered her bed room, drying off her hair in the process. She glanced over to her bed and dress and stopped.

“So what now?” Buffy thought aloud as she lay naked in Spike’s arms. She’d finally got the guy she actually wanted but, like she’d asked, what now?

“So what now?” he repeated, “Well I was thinkin we’d shag again…”

Buffy rolled her eyes, cutting him off, “You know that’s not what I meant.”

There was a moment of silence before he sighed slightly, “Yeah. I know luv.”

“Well? I mean Angel isn't going to be exactly happy about this and what about Ryan, I mean he did ask if I was going to go right to you after we broke up and the kids at school and…”

She never got a chance to finish her worried ramble. She flipped them over so he hovered about her, looking into her eyes. Buffy melted.

“Nobody else matters Buffy. I love you and nothings going to change that.”

And with that, he kissed her deeply.


Buffy stood perfectly frozen, the towel wrapped around her body nearly slipping away. Oh my god, she thought. She remembered something! Not just some minimal thing either but something important from before!

She knew what had happened between her and Spike but only had a rather vague explanation from her friends to go on. Oh lord was he yummy.

Buffy let out a small yelp and almost dropped her towel once again when her bedroom door burst opened and Willow and Lindy came barreling in giggling like crazy.

“Happy birthday!” they both laughed loudly.

Buffy raised an eyebrow before she asked, “Are you two on crack?”

“Sweetie,” Lindy shook her head, “If I were on drugs I wouldn’t be doing the cheap stuff.”

This caused her to roll her eyes at her friend before she asked the two, “So is there a reason for bursting into my room like you are indeed on crack?”

“Yes there is,” Willow nodded, “We’re kidnapping you.”

“You're kidnapping me?” Buffy repeated slowly, confused.

Lindy nodded, “Yes.”

“Okay, why are you kidnapping me?” Buffy asked, trying not to laugh.

“Well that’s a secret so put on some clothes and come on. You're being kidnapped,” Willow ordered with a large smile.

“You know you all are sorry ass kidnappers,” Buffy grumbled good naturedly as she picked up her dress off of her bed. She turned to look at her two friends and then at the door, “Uh, could you both like get out?”

Lindy rolled her eyes before grabbing onto Willow and pulling her out of the room.

********

“I couldn’t eat another bite if I tried,” Buffy mumbled, pushing away a large platter of pancakes that wasn’t even half eaten.

“Me either,” moaned Willow, doing the same as her blonde friend, “Who knew that the lumberjack platter was THAT big?”

They’d gone for breakfast at a small little diner on the outskirts of Sunnydale and decided to split a lumberjack platter. It had come out with five pancakes bigger then a normal sized plate.

“I know. It’s almost obscene. We have to come here again,” Lindy smiled.

All through breakfast she’d put off telling them about her remembering. It’s not like she could just say mid-bite ‘oh yeah, I remember something today by the way.’ Okay, yes she could but still, “Uh so when I got out of the shower this morning and I got into my bedroom, I, uh, I kinda…”

Willow and Lindy both gave her odd looks.

“I remembered something.”

Silence.

“Ohmigod!” Willow exclaimed, “Buffy that’s amazing! What did you remember?”

A small blush crept across her cheeks, “Uh…”

Lindy smiled wickedly, “Something naughty huh?”

This of course just made Buffy turn a deeper shade of red.

“You little perv!” Lindy giggled, “Your first memory since you lost it and it was something dirty!”

Buffy sighed before replying, “It was exactly naughty, we were like doing it. It was just…intimate.”

“Hey,” Willow suddenly lit up, “Maybe that it’ll be like a chain reaction and you’ll start to remember things and finally get everything back!”

Buffy smiled at this. Maybe, just maybe.

Lindy looked at her watch and then at Willow, “Oh dear, look at the time. We have to go Wills.”

Buffy looked suspicious and Willow just looked clueless.

“Why?” she asked.

Lindy suppressed the urge to roll her eyes, “You know, to do that thing.”

“That thing?” Willow stopped to think for a moment before blurting out, “Oh! The surprise party…oops.”

*******

“I said I was sorry!” Willow whined as Lindy glared at her.

Buffy, Lindy and Willow stood outside of the VIP room of Bounce, Lindy’s uncle’s club where the not so surprise party was being held.

Lindy just continued to glare, “Buffy, just, you know, act surprised?

She laughed and nodded. “Surprised, got it.”

“Don’t mock me Buffy Summers,” Lindy warned, a playful edge to her voice.

Buffy threw her hands up slightly, “No mocking at all here. I’m completely mock free.”

“Yeah right,” Lindy grumbled, “Let’s just get this over with.”

“So glad you're excited for my party,” Buffy laughed as they pushed the door open and were greeted with darkness before…

“SURPRISE!!!”

Buffy let out a giggle as she was showered in confetti and silly string.

“Oh my god!” Buffy giggled, acting as though she had no idea about the party.

“Happy birthday Buffy,” Angel smiled, hugging his sister, “The big one seven.”

Buffy laughed and nodded, “That’s me. I have to say, I feel significantly more mature.”

“You do get that no matter how old you get, you’ll still be my baby sis right?” he laughed back as she pulled away.

Buffy gave him a peck on the cheek, “Wouldn’t have it any other way big bro.”

“Go have fun,” he smiled, giving her a slight nudge in the shoulder, “I won't even lecture you for your actions tonight.” He paused before adding, “I’ll save that for tomorrow.”

Yeah, like she could do so much hard core parting pregnant.

She rolled her eyes before she was whisked away by Lindy. Her brunette friend dragged her a few feet over to…a pole. Oh lord.

“Think real hard about this,” Lindy ordered.

Buffy turned and laughed at her, “Why? What does this have to do with anything?”

All she got as a snicker and, “Oh, you have memories with this pole.”

A horrified look crossed Buffy’s face, “Please tell me you're kidding.”

“Sorry babe,” Lindy smirked, “Butcha do.”

“And this is going to help me remember?” Buffy raised an eyebrow, “This doesn’t seem like a thing I’d want to remember.”

“Come on Buff,” Lindy pouted, “At least try.”

Rolling her eyes, Buffy placed a hand on the poll and…nothing.

“Oh well,” she sighed, “I gave it a try.”

Lindy nodded, disappointed before she lit up and smiled, “Let’s dance!”

With that, the two friends headed to the dance floor. A somewhat familiar beat filled the air and it came to her.

Buffy smiled brightly as her fingers brushed over the cold metal pole. Her alcohol laden brain never once gave thought to the fact that strippers used poles like these. All she wanted to go was get down. With out further adue, she latched on and swung around, wrapped her legs around and throwing her head back with a laugh all while grinding herself up against the pole.

“Buffy?” Lindy asked, her friends eyes wide, “Buffy? What’s wrong?”

“Oh my god,” Buffy groaned, “I must have looked like such a slut!”

A smile lit up Lindy’s face before she attached her with a hug, “You remember! She remembers stripper Buffy mode!”

This of course got odd looks. Like they cared.

*********

Spike took a deep breath, still debating going in or not. He hadn't seen her in a while and it was killing him. Bloody hell, he missed her so much it almost physically hurt. He exhaled with a sigh before entering the VIP area that Buffy’s birthday was being held in. He had to talk to her.

*********

The night was going so quickly. After presents and pigging out on birthday cake like no tomorrow, Buffy sat on one of the large cushy coughs, hand on her stomach smiling as she watched her friends party. There was only one thing missing though.

Spike.

He’d never showed and it kind of hurt. It was obvious they’d been in love before the
”incident” and he couldn’t hate her that much because he’d hung around at the hospital after everyone had left while he thought she was sleeping, just holding her hand and telling her how much he loved her and how sorry he was. Yet, he hadn't bothered to show.

“Buffy.”

Buffy looked up.

Spike stood there, looking rather unsure and Buffy couldn’t help but smile.

Wrong, he had showed. He showed because he loved her.

“Hi,” she smiled at him, “Happy birthday to me.”

He laughed slightly before offering his hand to her and saying, “Come on, I want to give you your present in private.”

Buffy nodded and took his offered hand.

He led her to a small, unoccupied lounge spot in the corner where they both sat down. He didn’t let go of her hand and she didn’t pull it away. They just sat there in silence for a moment, holding hands. It felt right.

Finally, he spoke up, pulling something from his pocket. He took a deep breath and looked into her eyes, handing her the gift.

Buffy accepted it with a smile. It was a small velvet right box. She studied it for a moment before opening it up and froze. It was the most beautiful thing she’d ever seen.

Inside was a breathtaking ruby ring. The jem was small but it didn’t matter. It was perfect.

She looked up at him confused, “I can't take this from you. It must have cost a small fortune.”

He shook his head, taking the ring and her hand before slipping it on the ring finger of her right hand, “It’s a promise ring. My da gave it to my mum when they were in their teens. His promise was to marry her someday and he did. Before she died, she gave it to me, telling me to give it to someone I truly loved and intended to keep a special promise to. Buffy I promise you I’ll be there for you and the baby if it’s mine or not, even if you never get your memories back. Bloody hell, I love you so much.”

Buffy didn’t get a chance to reply, Spike had leaned in and captured her lips in a tender, loving kiss.

She pulled away and looked into his deep blue eyes, tears clouding her own.

And she remembered.


THE END