Buffy tossed her copy of the school paper "Dirty Laundry" in a garbage can carelessly as Willow and she walked down the hall. All anyone ever read in that thing was Lindy’s gossip column and today it had seemed much more like fiction then fact. Like some quote on quote “mousy” girl could ever have not just one but two guys digging her. Yeah right.

“So you mean Ryan was about to ask you out?” Willow asked excitedly.

Buffy sighed and nodded, “But then Angel tears into our driveway and starts to practically rush Ryan’s car. God my brother is so good at ruining my life.”

“Well I think that if he really likes you,” Willow smiled, spotting Ryan creeping up behind her friend as they spoke, “Then he’s gonna ask again.”

“Yeah right,” Buffy muttered, “He’s probably too scared of Angel to even look at me anymore.”

“You never know,” Willow smiled, “I have to get to bio. Bye Buff!”

Buffy shook her head, wondering if Willow had had one too many latte’s this morning before starting to walk again.

She only made it a few feet before two arms wrapped around her waist and she was pulled to a clearly male body. Buffy let out a loud squeal of surprise before she realized who it was, “Ohmigod Ryan! Don’t do that!”

He laughed as she pulled away and spun around to look at him, “What was the sound you made? I’m surprised my ears aren't bleeding.”

Buffy smacked him on the chest playfully, “Shut up jerk! You took my by surprise is all. Watch your back Cooper.”

He laughed again, “Listen, as much as I love harassing you, I’m on a mission.”

“What kinda mission?” Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“To get you to go out with me on Friday,” he replied as nonchalantly as he could.

Buffy lit up, “I like that mission. Not so much with the impossible and I can't believe I just said that so I’m gonna say yes now and shut up.”

“Great,” he replied, “I’ll see you latter Summers.”

Buffy watched Ryan disappear down the hall and smiled. Her life was good.

**********************************************************

Spike on the other hand, wasn’t so oblivious when it came to Lindy’s article. He couldn’t believe he’d even stooped to read the bloody gossip column of a high school paper but he was glad he did.

Spike stomped into the school’s “news room” and found Lindy sitting at her desk reading her e-mail. She looked up at him and smiled, “Hey Spike. What can I do for you?” Like the bloody bitch didn’t know.

He glared at the brunette girl, “Don’t act innocent Morgan, you know bloody well what I’m here about!”

Lindy sighed and rolled her eyes, “Okay fine, say I do know what you're here about. What do you want me to do? This is even better then my soaps so I’m not giving up on your little predicament.”

He sighed heavily and sat down at one of the chairs on the other side of her desk, “Fine, then you can at least give me some fucking advice. What ‘m I going to do? I haven’t been able to stop thinking of the stupid chit since yesterday.”

“I’m going to be honest with you,” Lindy said, “I think that you're kinda slimy. I mean you humiliated and treated her like dirt last year but now that someone showing an interest in her, you want her. That makes you a total slime ball in my book but I’m still going to help you. Don’t ask me why because I have no clue.”

Spike sighed again. She was right as always. He didn’t bloody well like her calling him slimy but he needed her help so he didn’t want to piss her off, “Just tell me what to do oh all knowing one.”

Lindy laughed slightly, “No need to be an asshole because you heard something you didn’t like. You want my advice?”

Spike nodded silently.

“Then get to know her,” Lindy advised, “Be her friend. Get passed her new beauty queen looks and skater boy. After you’ve found out what’s underneath and you still want her, then I’ll have your back.” She paused, standing and collecting her stuff, “Until then.” With that, she left him sitting in there.

**********************************************************

Buffy sat on her living room couch painting her toenails a shiny hot pink and watching TRL. She finished her little toe on her right foot, finally finished and stretched out her legs in front of her. Ooh, pretty color.

Britney’s “My Prerogative” came on and Buffy reached for the remote to turn up the volume before she jumped up off her couch happily. She was sure that no one was home at the moment and started to dance around her living room, singing along.

She didn’t notice the black DeSoto that had pulled into her driveway of course.

Spike didn’t even bother knocking. He’d been around so long; he had his own key to the Summer’s residence. He had decided to take Lindy’s advice and try to be her friend. He didn’t know how long he could go with out making a not so platonic move though. He heard some bloody awful music coming from the living room and followed it. If Angel was listening to Britney Spears, his friend had a lot of explaining to do.

Spike stopped at the scene before him. In just a pair of little pajama shorts that were more fit to be underwear then sleepwear and a tight tank top that exposed all of her smooth shoulders and flat stomach was Buffy, trying to imitate the dancing on TV. She was doing a bang up job. He could only stare at her. This didn’t last long though. Buffy twirled around, still shaking her but and saw him.

“OHMIGOD!” Her face flushed bright red. Buffy really didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Laughing was probably her best option. She let out a small giggle, her face still bright with embarrassment, “Uhh…hey Spike? Why are you in my house?” It was a very relevant question.

His name snapped him out of his trance, “Come again luv?”

Buffy stopped. Had he just called her luv? Oh deary he had. Strangely, it didn’t have the same affect she would have thought it would have had just four months ago, “I asked why are you in my house.”

“Oh, uh, yeah…” he trailed off, trying to think of a way to saw what he wanted to say. Where was his bloody bad ass demeanor when he fucking needed it? It’s not like he hadn’t seen a woman in less. Bloody hell, he’d seen A LOT of woman in less then what Buffy was wearing at the moment but somehow this had managed to turn him into a stuttering git, “I uh…bloody hell. I need to talk to you alright?”

Buffy blinked a few times, not really knowing what was going on before she raised an eyebrow, “Um, okay.” She took a seat on the couch and looked him expectantly, “What about?”

Yeah mate, Spike’s mind goaded him. What about? It’s not like he could just bloody well declare her as his, throw her over his shoulder and carry her upstairs to shag her senseless. That plan worked for him but he was sure that she wouldn’t like it as much as he did.

“Today would be nice,” Buffy stated sarcastically,

Spike started to fidget uncomfortable before taking a deep breath and starting, “I want to be your friend.”

Buffy eyed him warily. Okay this was weird. Spike Giles wanted to be friends with her. That was REALLY weird. Guys like him never did anything with out an ulterior motive but she’d play along for a little while at least, “Okay.”

He stared at her, not really sure if he’d heard her right, “Okay?”

Buffy nodded, “Yeah, okay.” She paused and smiled at him a little too brightly, “Now that we’re friends, we can go shopping together tomorrow. I need to pick out an outfit for my date with Ryan this weekend.” She thought she’d throw in that some guy actually liked her as more than a friend for good measure. You know, just in case his plan was to get her to think he really liked as more and then walk all over that notion. It wasn’t going to happen to her again. She was NOT going to let bleach brain here hurt her again.

Spike smiled tightly, partly from the mention of Ryan Cooper and partly the fact that he was going to have to go shopping, “Sounds great luv. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow after school. Oh! And maybe after we can see if they can squeeze us in for manicures at the new salon at the mall,” Buff chirped.

Spike turned back and looked at her in pure horror before she laughed, “Just kidding! Bye.”

Once Spike was in his car, his head fell against the steering wheel with an agonized sigh.

**********************************************************

I told you reviews made me write faster! I want to thank you all and to answer a question that was asked a few times by reviews, I’m not going to make Ryan an asshole. He’s gonna be MUCH more competition for Spike then Riley ever was. Review PLEASE!!