Buffy didn’t tell Willow or Xander just who her shopping was going to get done with. She knew damn well that Xander would pop and blood vessel if he found out that she was going shopping or anywhere with Spike for that matter. It was kinda funny that her friend’s where more bitter about the year before than her. It’s not like it had happened to them or anything. She spared a quick glace at the clock and sighed. Thirty more minutes of World History. Whoopee! Not. Buffy looked at the clock once more before drifting off into her own little world.

*********
FLASHBACK
*********

Buffy Summers eyes filled with tears as the nine on the digital clock turned into a zero once again. Two hours. She’d been waiting for Spike Giles to pick her up for the last two hours. Wiping away the tears and shaking her head, she stood and headed up the stairs to her room. She collapsed down onto her bed and let a sob tear through her.

She’d been so stupid! She’d been delusional enough to think for one minute that a guy like Spike would ever give a girl like her a second glance. The world just didn’t work like that. No one would ever see her as anything more than the ugly duckling.

Monday, she decided, closing her eyes. Monday she would confront him. She’d give him a piece of her mind for sure. Yeah, Monday…Those were her last thoughts as she drifted into a fitful sleep.

**********************************************************

On Monday Buffy made one of the biggest mistakes of her life. She approached him in front of his friends. At least Angel hadn’t been there. She wasn’t even sure if he knew.

“You never showed up,” she stated quietly.

“Blondie bear?” Harmony Kendal, the one person Buffy hated the most in this world automatically started to whine, “Why is the freak talking to you?”

Spike ignored his girlfriend and smirked at Buffy before bursting out laughing. This wasn’t the laugh she found to be so charming, this sent chills down her spine, “You…” laughter, “Actually thought…” more harsh laughter, “I was going to bloody well show up?”

People were starting to gather around to witness the utter humiliation of Buffy Summers. What a joyous event. Buffy looked down at her feet, tears starting to gather in her eyes, “Well yeah. I’m sorry.” She turned to get out there as quickly as possible but soon learned that he wasn’t done.

“Well isn't that just a bloody riot?” the crowd’s laughter only egged him on, “What is it? Betty? Bethy? You thought that I’d actually stoop myself to ever asking you out for anything more than a laugh? You're nothing in this school. You're beneath me.”

Buffy couldn’t stand it anymore. Tears were streaming down her face and showed no sign of stopping anytime soon. To hurt to even comprehend complete thoughts, she bolted as fast as she could. The sound of people laughing still rung in her ears as Spike malicious words replayed over and over in her head. Buffy ran and ran until her legs gave in on her.

Life sucked.

**********************************************************

“What?! I’m up!” Buffy exclaimed as the bell rang, ripping her violently from her dream.

Willow looked at her friend as she gathered her books and stood, “Um Buff? Are you okay?”

Buffy looked around before taking a breath and nodding, “Yeah, sorry. I kinda feel asleep. Bad dream.” Buffy got up from her desk and Willow and she exited the classroom.

“Wanna talk about it?” Willow asked in her caring friend voice.

Buffy sighed deeply and shook her head, “Nah, I’m okay. So over it.”

Willow didn’t look convinced but thankfully didn’t press the matter any further, “Okay Buffy. Have fun shopping with your mom.” With that, the girls parted ways.

Buffy couldn’t help but wonder if her dream had had an ominous meaning behind it or if it was just her mind wigging out of her about hanging with Spike unconsciously. It was more than likely option B. Like she actually believed in dreams with meanings. She quickly opened her locker before shoving in her books and grabbing her backpack. Time to meet up with Spike.

Now there was a thought she was sure she would never have. Wow, her life was just getting weirder and weirder by the second.

**********************************************************
*smack* *smack* dear lord that would have to cause some MAJOR emotional damage. What an ass Spike was. I know, I know. You're all probably think how could Buffy just forgive him for something like that? Well, she’s trying to be all strong. This is for all of you wanted to know what had happened between the two! Thanks ever so much for the great reviews. If you want to see just what happens at the mall, all you have to do is review, review, review!