The Making of a Man
©2004 Evenstar


"Miss Buffy? Miss Buffy, answer me please?! Mother have Worthington fetch Dr. Gaul, I fear she's been taken ill!" the man's voice cried. Buffy gave her head a shake and tried to open her eyes, finding only dizziness and swirling colors flashing. She groaned and tried to move, but felt hampered by something tight and heavy around her body. Simply breathing proved difficult."I think she's coming back to us. Miss Buffy, it's me."

"Spike?" Buffy groaned, recognizing his voice at least amongst the confusion.

"Spike?" a woman inquired, an older woman's,"William, what is she referring to? What spike?"

"I don't know mother," William replied,"Possibly something to do with the railway? Or those exotic lizards from the South America we saw last week at the Royal Conservatory, they had spikes down their backs." William returned his attentions to young lady laid out on the chesterfield in the family's sitting room. He pressed a cool wet cloth to her brow,"There, there, dear Miss Buffy, you're back with us." Her hand went to her forehead and covered his. She held it there, knowing their every nuance after being so intimately touched by those strong hands in the past.

"What happened?" Buffy asked,"Where am I?"

"Do you not recall? You're at home Miss Buffy. With mother and I."

"I....I don't remember.......why am I here?"

"You fainted," the elder woman spoke, standing behind her son,"We were about to sit down to dinner when you took a spell. You frightened us half to death, dear."

"No...no...in this house?" The woman and her son shared a concerned look.

"You live here," William recounted,"You came to stay with us when you lost your mother, father and younger sister. You've been mother's companion for nearly a month now." Okay, Buffy, so not in Sunnydale anymore, the Slayer thought to herself, but that's alright because oh my god those...

"Eyes are so blue..."

"I beg your pardon?" Behind him Buffy caught his mother giggling, or rather, trying very hard not to. The strain of the breath in her lungs seemed to concern William, but he cast his eyes downwards under Buffy's stare and they seemed lost under his wireframe spectacles and errant locks of hair.

"Sorry...I'm just a little out of it. More like wiggy with a capital wig but I've done the wonky time thingy before, so as long there's no evil mummy hands waiting to strangle me I'll be peachy."

"Mother, I think she's gravely ill, her brain is in a fever, you can tell by the way she speaks. We need a doctor." Buffy rolled her eyes and sat herself up, William's hand and the cloth falling away.

"No doctors, I'm fine, completely recovered."

"Miss Buffy, you really shouldn't press yourself." William's hands had unwittingly placed themselves on her shoulders. He looked her square in the eye, attempting to be firm, but instead looking altogether utterly adorable. Buffy smiled at his sweet face, the innocence and concern for her compelled her to do so. He was nothing like Spike in appearance beyond those perilous, clear blue eyes and the sharp features of his face. His skin was a warmer color, his hair a rich dark blond and left to grow a longer than her vampire's. She wondered absently what it would be like to run her fingers through those lush locks, or tickle those completely un-Spike sideburns. His suit told her he was a gentleman, the room told her he was well off, then the crystal, china and artwork told her he was probably rolling in it. Buffy realized finally after the color of William's eyes that this situation she found herself in was beyond anything she'd ever encountered on the Hellmouth. She was dressed in full Victorian garb, corset included, which explained the total lack of being able to breath thing. Buffy gave her head another shake.

There had to be a reason why she was here. Her last memory before waking up from a supposed fainting spell was of closing the door in Giles' face after the wretched night of him and Wood nearly killing her Spike. No...there was more to it. Spike had come home much later, she'd been waiting up for him. She'd gone down into the basement...then it all got blurry.

"William, she should lay down, in her own bed perhaps," William's mother suggested. Buffy took in the other woman for the first time. She was elderly, with a kind face, few of her features however reminded her a William. He must have taken after his father,"Though I dare say the lady is unfit to walk..." There was a glint in her eye that Buffy caught. Mother was playing matchmaker it seemed, which Buffy found rather amusing.

"If you'll permit me?" William asked. With a slight nod of her head, Buffy found herself scooped up in his arms, the blanket falling away and she being carried from the room and up the staircase. Funny, she mused, she fit perfectly against his body, but she'd always known that. She let her head drop on to his shoulder and she sighed. He shuddered briefly with excitement of her hot breath against his throat.

"I feel much better William."

"I'm glad of it, you gave us quite a fright I must say."


"I didn't mean to. Please forgive me?"

"Of course, you know I will never hold a thing against you."

"Why's that?" Realizing he'd just let a hint of his true feelings towards her escape, he tried to cover.

"Um...mother holds you in high regard. You've been a godsend to her since your arrival. I know you were quite out of sorts when Mr. and Mrs. Summers were lost to tragedy...and your lovely Miss Dawn. It was lonely before you graced us." Inside his mind he was telling himself to hold his tongue, lest he allow another word of how he truly felt about the lady in his arms to be revealed. He'd kept himself guarded when it came to the young Miss Buffy Summers. Her brazen ways and carefree spirit filled him with joy, but he was unsuitable for such woman, but he took happiness from her presence nonetheless. For example, two weeks previously when he'd received an invitation to attend a gathering at the home of Miss Cecily Addams, he had surprisingly, to himself most of all, declined. He cited to his mother that Cecily's crowd bored him so and he much preferred quiet evenings at home with his books after seeing to his daily affairs with the estate. Before Buffy this invitation would have had his head in the clouds, nearing up to Heaven itself. Instead that night he had sat across the sitting room by the fire with a brandy in one hand and a book of sonnets in the other. Secretly he'd been watching Buffy as she tried in vain to crochet. His mother had spied the bemused smile on her son's face as he marveled at how no matter how hopeless Buffy and needles and spun linen were in combination, she continued to try. Anne had seen it then for the first time. Her son was in love.

William nudged open the door to Buffy's quarters with his foot, then took them inside, placing her down on the mattress and turning to leave.

"I need help please," Buffy said.

"With what?" Buffy huffed out a breath and stood up. She reached behind her and undid the top clasp at the back of her dress, then presented her back to him,"The buttons first, then the lace on the corset." When no response came, she wondered if he'd left, or perhaps, heaven forbid, fainted, but looking over her shoulder she saw he was still there. He looked like he'd seen a ghost. She supposed the bit of bare back she was showing him was equally as terrifying to the poor man."William, please, it's beginning to hurt."

"You're...you're in pain?"

"Yes, please help." With shaky fingers he attended to the dozen or so buttons that did up her frock. The material parted, suddenly becoming loose and flowing, dipping off her shoulders. William inhaled a shaky breath, his hands trembled so badly that when he made the effort to unfasten the knot at the top of the lily white corset that encased her slim body he could gain no purchase and instead merely brushed his fingers over her bare skin. Buffy curled her shoulders up and giggled. William furrowed his brow and mentally pictured this as a duty, and not the privilege it was. He untied the knot and hurriedly pulled the straps down, every tug revealing another inch of the curve of her spine. When he was done he backed away quickly, chastising himself for having lingered too long on drinking in her naked back.

"Good....goodnight!" He virtually leapt out of the room, closing the door with almost a slam. Buffy sighed and smiled to herself. That had been wickedly fun. Poor William. The Slayer was utterly perplexed and even a little frightened to be in the past, but William just seemed to make it all worth while. He was charming, sweet and so both like and unlike Spike that she couldn't seem to separate the two. This was him. Pieces of the puzzle that made up her heart seemed to fall into place. She loved him. Suddenly Sunnydale couldn't get any further away, this was exactly where she wanted to be.

She'd let down her hair and given it one hundred strokes with the silver handled brush from atop her dressing table and changed into the nightgown that had been laid out on the bed by one of the servants, she seemed to vaguely recall this so of every night. It was a thin linen of crisp white than hung diaphanously down her body. She was not however ready for bed and was sitting cross legged on top of the heavy tapestry like covers of the four poster bed.

There was knock upon her door and whoever was outside waited until she replied,"Come in?" she called back. A sliver of yellow light cut through as he opened the door. William stepped inside with a candle held aloft and shut the door behind him to prevent a draft from invading her room."William?"

"Are you well still? Cook can fix you a plate if you're hungry. Mother wished for me to check on your welfare before I retired and....and.......and now that I see you are back in good spirits, I'll bid you goodnight."

"William! Wait! Don't leave just yet, please?"

"Alright. Is there something you need?"

"Come here, sit down."

"It's late and I should..."

"Just for minute?" His mouth twisted up in a quirky way that Buffy found rather sweet, as if trying to work out a complex equation in his head. He placed the candle holder on the dresser and cautiously took a seat at the end of the bed, well away from her.

"Miss Buffy, this is not proper."

"Does proper really matter? We're alone."

"Yes, I am well aware of this fact, which is why I will be leaving you now." He went to rise, but she scampered over and moved her arm across his chest and kept him from rising.

"Stay...stay with me."

"I really cannot. If you do not wish to spend the night alone, perhaps one of the maids would oblige..." Her hair fell over one shoulder, shimmering like a shower of golden sunlight. He darted his eyes away from her as she moved to sit next to him. From the corner of his eye he could see a sliver of breast peaking over the top of her chemise. Buffy knew he was trying with everything in him not to look. She also knew this was not going to be easy, but she wanted this and more importantly, she knew William needed it. He seemed to have so little joy in him. Nothing but duty and responsibility and a serious case of sexual repression. She'd be gentle and careful. He was after all a virgin obviously, even at what she guessed to be closer to thirty than twenty - but he was still a man.

"William? Will you kiss me?"

"Miss...Miss Buffy, there is no agreement between us, I have not spoken....though you have no father..."

"Do you want to kiss me? Don't you think it would be nice?" He was wringing his hands in a nervous fit, but Buffy noticed it was in an effort to hide something besides nerves. He was visibly aroused by her mere proximity, a rather sizeable bulge having formed between his legs, not well hidden in this style of trousers. God, she thought, he's got to be dying here.

"Very....very nice, I'm sure, but..." he whispered. Buffy turned her head under his and caught his lips with hers. There was nothing wild and passionate about this one, it was soft and light and presumed nothing. She pulled back after a few seconds.

"You're a good man, William. Has anyone ever told you that?" She pulled off his spectacles and placed them on the bedside table.

"No...no...but I should go..."

"Stay....stay." She kissed him again, this time with a little more fervor. He was so caught up in the moment, that the fact that Buffy was unbuttoning his vest and shirt went unnoticed until her warm hand had reached inside and touched his skin. He yelped like an animal that had just been caught in a trap."We mustn't!"

"Don't be afraid...I won't hurt you."

"This had gone too far!" She returned to his mouth, and he resisted for a moment, then somehow let her persistent tongue inside. He was uncertain of what to do now, but let her take control. Down below she was fiddling with his trousers, trying to get them undone and down his hips a little. When she succeed, his erection sprang free, long, thick and hard with pearly drops of precum already glistening on the head. She deepened the kiss, but as she did so, she carefully curled her hand around his hard shaft. He pulled away from her and looked down, eyes growing as large as the moon."Oh god...no...I..." He was paralyzed and Buffy wasn't quite sure if words would calm him. She could stop and let him leave, but she reasoned that it would probably damage him further. She knew it was inside him, the passionate man with a joie de vie that had needed a demon to bring him out.

She lowered her head down into his lap, rather excited herself to be touching him again like this. It had been so long since she and Spike had touched...done anything. Something was standing in the way - their history, uncertainty, danger, fear. She admitted that it was because of her that they hadn't reconciled. Because no matter how much she wanted him, how she'd totally forgiven him, or how firmly woven into the fabric of her life he was, she couldn't make that leap of faith she knew in her heart would bring her true happiness. She wanted to risk the pain, but she was a coward. Somehow though in this place, with the same man before his innocence had been brutalized by Drusilla and Angelus, she found it unnecessary to leap. She had already fallen. In her hands she held his erection. A hot, hardened column that certainly she was the first woman to have ever touched. His skin was unbelievably soft, from the nest of not so dark curls from which it began to the swollen head with which a velvety blanket of foreskin enwrapped it.

She bestowed a kiss upon the tip, it was as sweet as his lips. Just as her tongue began to caress it, he came suddenly, surprising himself and to a certain extent, Buffy herself. The white liquid spilled out and caught on her lips, more running down over her hands.

"Oh dear god!" he gasped, but certainly not from the ecstasy of the release. He was absolutely horrified, especially at the sight of Buffy's angelic face glistening with his cum."I'm so terribly sorry...it came upon me suddenly. Please forgive me!" With one hand still lovingly massaging his softening cock, she reached over to the bedside table for her handkerchief to collect what she couldn't reach with her tongue. His eyes were wide and his body trembling as he watched her swallow and behave so casually about something that was fast undoing him. She smiled at him and wrapped both hands around his penis again.

"Don't be embarrassed. I didn't mind." He tried desperately to ignore what her soft, warm hands were doing, and gain the strength to put an end to this torture.

"I've shamed you and myself, Miss Buffy....please I must go...and we're to never speak of this again." She shook he head and continued to be worshipful of what she held in her hands.

"You don't really want to go, William, do you?" He resisted, even as his erection was returning.

"Yes, let me have my peace." She let go of him and got to her feet. She didn't quite move away yet, instead she reached out and touched his flushed, sweat dewed face. Her fingers played over the sharp jut of his cheekbones, her thumb over his trembling bottom lip, her index tracing across his closed eyelids.

"I want to give you peace."

"Then it is time for me to go...I shouldn't have allowed this, no gentleman would ever misuse a poor maid so."

"No misusing here, promise. I just want to make you feel nice, want to give you something special." He looked away from her, down at his half-hard cock jutting up from under his shirt and the trousers pulled down under his hips, he was so ashamed and embarrassed in this moment he thought he'd surely die from it. Buffy could tell what he was thinking and it saddened her."I'm sorry if I've hurt you...that wasn't what I wanted."

"I'm a man...this is my doing." She sighed and sat down on the bed next to him, too close for his comfort. She reached out again and he recoiled, but this time she took his hand in hers and brought it to her heart.

"Feel this?" He nodded.

"My heart...beating fast, as fast I imagine yours is. It beats for you." She held his hand to her, holding on stronger when he tried to pull it away. She unfastened the laces that trailed up the front of her nightgown until it was down to her middle. She opened the fabric and revealed to him her small, but perfectly lovely breasts. He seemed fascinated by them, their shape, every curve and slop that converged at a deep pink aureole and a pointed tip. Beyond his own volition, his other hand rose and cupped one, his thumb gently petting the nipple. Buffy gave a long soft moan and arched into his touch. His hand closed around it and squeezed and Buffy sighed such a sweet cry it nearly broke his heart. Then he pulled his hand away as if her skin were an open flame."Don't stop!"

"This is wrong....this is so wrong. I'm a knave, a foul and filthy man....God will punish." Buffy wanted to laugh, this was getting ridiculous, but she couldn't. All she felt was empathy and a strong will to protect him. There was no way she could end it now, and leave him sickened with himself, thinking sex was a dirty evil thing.

"God doesn't punish people for loving each other William." Her words seemed to spark something inside him, though likely just another panic attack. He looked in her eyes with awe.

"Lo...love?" She felt an ache inside, seeing him so overwhelmed with the notion. Buffy understood him better than he thought, she was sure. This was something she was all too painful aware of with Spike. All he ever wanted was to be loved. Buffy touched William's face and smiled.

"I love you, William." Suddenly she found herself surrounded by his two strong arms and pulled against his chest. Buffy held fast to him, burying her face against his neck and hugging him back. She breathed in his scent, so much of which that despite the bitterness of his sweat and sallow soap was everything Spike. Both men were one in the same. William she loved and Spike she loved. And this time she was going to make him believe it. She raised her mouth to his ear, nibbling slightly on the lob."Make love with me, William." His head dropped to her shoulder and he sighed.

"I've never...."

"I know, sweetheart, we'll learn together."

"I don't know what to do. I mean...I'm aware of what's to occur..." This time she did giggle a little. She pulled back and flipped her hair behind her shoulders.

"Don't worry and don't be afraid. This is going to be wonderful, I promise. It's a natural thing. Do you trust me?"

"I trust you, Buffy."

"Nothing you do will be wrong, okay? I want you to touch me...with your hands, with your mouth.....with this..." She lightly stroked the once again flaccid flesh hanging from his opened pants, something he'd oddly forgotten until then."There's no rush...just feel."

"I do want to...but where to begin?"

"Maybe you could kiss me again?"

"I can do that."

"And very well I might add." He seemed rather chuffed with receiving the compliment. He closed his eyes for moment, as if steeling himself before joining the fray of battle. His hand moved behind her neck and drew her back to him. He wasn't really sure of how to do it, but Buffy loved the passion behind it as he fumbled. She allowed it for a time before taking control. She slowed him down, stroked his face and gently massaged his tongue with hers until he got the hang of it. His kiss was something special, unique. He poured every ounce of his emotions, his need into it and drew it back out of her. Taking the lead for a moment, William took her by the shoulders and turned her down to the bed, still kissing her deeply. He moved on top of her, become a little more fervent, letting his instincts take over. Buffy's hands were pulling at his shirt, trying to get it off, but he was too focus on the one thing to allow her to do.

"Mmmm, William...stop." At her words, the uncertain, timid, frightened man returned. He rolled off her quickly, and nearly off the bed.

"I've hurt you? I'm sorry....I..." She rolled her eyes and looked upon him with nothing but love.

"I wanted to get your shirt off! You didn't hurt me, I know you would never never hurt me. Get undressed, pants too, then come here." He let out the breath he'd been holding and chuckled warmly. He was pulling himself in so many directions he hardly knew which was what and who was who."If you work yourself up any more, honey, you're going to give yourself a heart attack." He gave her a stern look and didn't budge. She slipped off the bed and let her own nightgown fall to the ground. She stepped over the white fabric and came back to the edge of the bed. William beheld this golden goddess with reverence. This was the inspiration he'd been searching for all his life, this was the embodiment of love. Dreadful words of prose swam around inside his lust addled mind, but now wasn't the time for words."Come to me, William." He did as she bade, dragging himself over to her, kneeling on the bed. She pulled off his shirt, revealing that hard muscled and exquisitely sculpted torso. Buffy bent down and pressed her mouth to his pectorals, making him shudder and gasp. When she dipped down to firmly tongue his nipples he couldn't hold back a groan.

She continued with her ministrations while she tugged his trousers down under his bum, squeezing the cheeks and making him give a sound she was certain was a growl. There was a little more of Spike in this man than she first thought. He fell back to the mattress and Buffy pulled his pants the rest of the way off, his shoes and socks also. Now that they were both naked, there was nothing to impede them. She came over him and lay down beside him, laying her leg between his two, her thigh rubbing against his heavy sac and slowly rising cock. She lay nestled in his arms and he held her close, still uncertain, still nervous.

"Do you love me?" Buffy asked. William had tears in his eyes, though none yet flowed down his cheeks.

"I've never know love...until now, until you. All this time I had ideal picture in my mind of who she was, the one I'm always writing about. I tried to fit it upon others, like a costume. But that moment, in the dining room when I thought you were in peril, my heart seized. If I were to lose you, Buffy, I could not endure. I love you."

"You won't lose me, we'll be together a hundred years from now!" He laughed then, and kissed her with confidence. He wasn't quite sure what to do with his hands, so they remained in the middle of her back. She was so soft and yielding to his every touch, every stroke of his tongue in her mouth, every time he squeezed her body tighter to his. They continued like this, with deep, needful, loving kisses for what seemed an eternity, until Buffy took the initiative. She took one of his hands and guided it down, between her legs and then pressed his fingers to her wet center. His eyes opened, a little amazed at the heat of her, the slippery coating on his fingers and the softness of her delicate skin."Feel that? It means I'm ready for you...that I want you." Keeping his eyes locked with hers he pressed on, surprised when he found he could sink the entire length of three digits inside. He moved them around inside her tight passage experimentally, stretching her, exciting her and himself in the process.

"Oh my love...you areexquisite." Buffy gasped and spread herself more open.

"Oh William, that's wonderful, don't stop!"

"This pleases you?" She felt a pang of sorrow for him with his question, he was completely unaware of how much she was enjoying this.

"Very much....there's more..."

"There is?" She pulled him out of her and glided one finger of his between her swollen folds until the tip found her clitoris.

"Right there...oh...."

"This is....unexpected...."

"Be gentle, just rub slowly." He watched her face as his wetted fingers slid back and forth over the hardened nub. She contorted her features, bit her bottom lip and made moans and cries that thrilled him. All his Victorian proprieties were virtually forgotten, nothing mattered to him now but her pleasure - giving her pleasure, loving her. Cecily Addams and her crowd, hell, the rest of the known world be damned, this was who he belonged with.

"William!!" Buffy cried, her hips suddenly lurching off the bed, her hand grabbing his arm and her breath come in harsh pants. He felt her sex throbbing, the muscles below where he was touching pulsing. Carefully he drew his hand away and turned into her, pulling her close. After she calmed she held him too, still making little sighs of satisfaction,"That was perfect..."

"I did well?"

"I said perfect!"

"Right...sorry."

"Oh don't ever be sorry! We've only just begun."

"I'm not sure I can..."

"Shhh...just feel, remember? Wouldn't you rather have something besides your fingers inside me? Hmm?"

"I...that is to say....alright, yes!" Buffy laughed and kissed his shoulder, then bit into it. It made him growl again. She pushed him on to his back and climbed atop him, sitting her wet center on his stomach. She leaned down and they met for another kiss, his hands fisting in her hair, relishing in how soft it was. She's swept him away, he decided, as if he were a damsel in some epic and she the brave warrior.

She felt him grow against her, felt that huge wonderful length of flesh coming alive for her. Rising above him she hovered over him and looked into his eyes as she impaled herself fully. The sudden envelopment of his cock in the snug sheath of her body nearly sent him over the edge instantly. She was blazing hot around him, so tight he feared she'd devour him, but she was so so soft and wet, and she'd said it was for him. Above him, illuminated by the the candlelight, she was glowing, as a goddess come down to bless him. His hands glided up and down her thighs. She was happy being with him, he was learning, letting himself feel it. She placed her hands on his chest and leaned over him."I do love you, William, remember that, never forget it." He was unable to answer her back, too overwhelmed by the myriad of sensations coursing through him. She lifted herself off him slightly, the cool air making his slickened cock twitch."Help me a little, okay?" His hands went under her and eased her almost all the way off him, until only the blood engorged head remained inside. She pushed back down until she had all of him, then he raised her up again,"Just like this, lover."

They were slow at first, submersing themselves in the glorious feel of it, and all the while he watched. Spike had always done that, watched her. William seemed fascinated by the sight of his cock disappearing inside her, then reemerging slick with her juices, that was until he bucked up once to meet her descent and she gave a sharp cry. This of course immediately had him panicked. He'd have gone soft if Buffy hadn't done something purely wicked with her inner muscles. He shuddered from the ecstasy of it, but he primary concern was her.

"My love? I've done something wrong!?"

"No! No. Something very right! Do it again, there's a spot...inside me.....oh William it's so good!" This idea he definitely approved of, that there were more ways to give her pleasure. He knew that there were books written devoted to this act, that his so called peers visited with prostitutes, or had their way with shy, insecure servant girls, but this had never been for William. His first kiss had been only half an hour ago, now he was making love to a woman. In this moment he vowed to devote himself heart and soul to finding every spot that made her body sing for him.

He thrust up each time she slid down on his hard length and each time she made that noise! Her moans, gasps and cries were a symphony to him, her body pure poetry in and of itself. His constant state of awe permitted him a smile and when Buffy saw that he was losing a few of his inhibitions she stepped things up a notch. She rode him harder and faster, placing her hands on either side of his head and leaned over him. Sweat flew off the tips of her bouncing breasts and he caught the drops on his tongue.

They were getting ever closer to orgasm, William's hard-on felt now somewhat painful and Buffy seemed hypnotically lost in the rhythm. Her eyes had closed and her mouth had fallen open, her hot breath soothing over his own flushed face. He craned his neck up to kiss her, but her lips proved evasive so he allowed her to reign over their lovemaking and moved his hands up her back to pull her down to him. He was learning fast, this kiss was perfect, deep and sensual and every nuance reminded her of Spike. He stroked the roof of her mouth with his tongue, then curled it around hers and drew them both back into his mouth.

Buffy's movements atop him slowed until she was only rocking on him gently. William's hands roamed over her back, down her ribs, heat trapped between their bodies. Wondering from the previous time if it could be done again so soon, William insinuated his hand between them, exploring the hot, slippery place where they were joined, carefully feeling around until he located that wonderous little nub. He strummed it gently, just like she said to. She broke off the kiss and her forehead fell to the pillow and she seemed to be crying, but she assured him it was in pleasure by gasping I love yous in his ear.

It came upon her slowly, he wasn't exactly aware of it himself until suddenly he found he couldn't breathe. She was practically sobbing out her climax while the flesh gloving his cock began to tighten around him. He lay there shaking, clutching her while wave after wave of pleasure rolled through her, centering around their joining. He thought he was dying. Inside his head he counted each pulse of her sex around him, an effort to keep himself from loosing consciousness. It was not long before it was coming upon him too. It had never been quite this intense. Often he had woken from shocking, sexual dreams, cock hard, or rather softening in wet sheets; even the attentions earlier from her mouth weren't comparable to this. He felt the pain in his tightened up balls, coupled with the vibrating muscles of his abdomen. The pressure became greater, the ache unbearable to the point where he thought he was going to be sick. Then, miraculously it was leaving him. His blood was thrumming and screaming inside, his skin felt unbelievably hot and he didn't know if he simply couldn't open his eyes or if he'd gone blind altogether. He was emptying streams of his liquid into her womb and her body was accepting it and milking every last drop from him. It was divine.

He wasn't precisely sure how long it was before they moved or spoke again, it could have been a century for all William knew. His first clear knowledge of coming back to himself was Buffy brushing his wet hair from his sweat drenched brow. He had gone soft, but somehow she held him snug inside her. She was kissing his face, gossamer light touches on every feature. He exhaled a long breath, but as he tried to form words, none were forthcoming.

"Still with me?" Buffy asked, smiling at him, her skin glowing golden in the dim candlelight.

"Effulgent!"

"Pardon me?" He closed his eyes, mentally cudgeling himself.

"What I meant to say, was that you are beautiful."

"Oh....you're beautiful too. Thank you."

"Oh, love...I am the very spirit of vexation! I have no words! To think that only an hour ago I was.....I was..."

"Unknowing?"

"Yes!"

"And the spirit of what? Does sex make you all poety?" He was perplexed. She smacked her brain, well educated Victorian gentlemen would never be able to grasp the finer points of Buffyspeak. Despite the fact that they'd just had glorious, earth moving sex, fueled completely by love, he was embarrassed."William?" He looked up at her, lips tight and eyes full of both love and fear. She knew how monumental this had been for him. She flashed to memories of when she'd taken Spike the first time, this same man had that look on his face now."Hey, hey...William....look at us, feel us...this is real."

"It feels like a dream. I fear that I will wake come dawn and I will be alone again, as always, forever. That I will be reminded how unworthy I am of loving a woman, being loved by her. I've been so lonely....for....for so long...." Buffy frowned and looked down on his sweet, innocent face. He truly was Spike, becoming a vampire had changed nothing about his core self, this soul inside him, this light had only been dimmed by the demon, never snuffed out.

"William, answer a question for me?" He nodded weakly, avoiding her eyes."Do I inspire you? Are there any poems inside you head just for me?" Before Buffy could register the change that had come over him he'd flipped them over, instantly growing hard again. Buffy was wide eyed, shocked and delighted! There was a deep rumbling sound in his chest, one Buffy knew well. There was a bit of a bad in her sweet William. He arched his back and pushed into her with his renewed erection, in turn Buffy raised her hips up to him. Without knowing anything much beyond sordid rumors spoken in hushed corners at college or dinner parties about how it was done, William knew how to make to love to his woman.

He moved over her with long, slow thrusts, almost upon his knees for a stronger, deeper penetration. There was a wicked gleam in his eye and his poetry was bloody awful as he composed strings of words together exhaulting her beauty as he pumped. Nonetheless, Buffy was thrilled, nothing had ever been sexier to her than William's mid-coitus recital of prose. Between stanzas he suckled at her nipples.

Several hours later, when they were spent and beyond exhausted, yet still too elated by what had occurred and fascinated by each other's bodies to sleep, William and Buffy basked in the after glow. They were still atop the bedcovers, but the curtains around the canopy bed at been drawn shut, leaving them in a cocoon of body heat and darkness. Buffy was propped up on an array of feather down pillows, with William's head resting down low on her stomach. She'd been soothingly stroking her fingers through his long wavy hair for some time now, just listening to him breathe. He toyed with the fingers of one of her hands, often bringing them to his lips to dot the tip of each digit with a kiss. He was finding comfort in nudity, with her, modesty had no place here. When he asked, she promised to show him more ways to please her, to worship her. She told him about what marvels his tongue could do to her sex. He was eager to try then and there, but she told him they should save a little mystery for tomorrow night.

"All this time, my love, I never noticed how very pretty your hands are," he mused. She stopped her motions and lay her hand on his cheek.

"It's dark, you can't see my hands. Also, you don't have your spectacles on."

"The heart sees all when light is stolen from us." Buffy smiled, he really was bad with poetry, but he was wonderful with other words,"My sweet girl, I do love you so."

"I've loved you for a long time. I always too afraid to show it."

"There will be no more of that, this I declare here and now!" He turned over a bit and kissed her stomach,"We'll tell each other every day! May we tell mother?"

"You want to tell your mother we had sex?!"

"No! Of course not! Do you wish to kill the poor woman? I want to tell her of our impending nuptials."

"Uh...we're getting married?"

"Well...um, of course...I cannot call myself a gentleman if I am not married the woman with whom I have just.......done what I've just done with. I will make an honest woman of you!!" He sat himself up and even in the dark she could see the uncertainty that marred his face,"Unless....unless of course you do not wish to have me as husband..."

"Oh, William...I....."

Buffy cried out as the Prokaryote stone left her body and rattled on the concrete floor, rolling away from her. She stared at it for a moment, its shiny black surface making it visible in the darkened basement. She had remained awake all night, waiting until she'd heard Spike's return. She'd gotten out of bed and followed him down into the basement after a while, hoping he was asleep already. She just wanted to see that he was alright. Getting into a big conversation about what had occurred at Wood's was on her list of things she least wanted do, right behind tackling the mountain of a mess that was the kitchen. He'd dropped his leather duster on the floor at the bottom of the stairs and kicked off his boots as he'd lumbered towards his cot. He'd been sprawled on top of the sheets, sound asleep. She'd carefully inched towards him and knelt down beside him. His face was burnt and bruised. She'd maneuvered her legs out from under her and in the process, kicked at the discarded stone accidentally. She picked it up, and before she knew what was happening the thing liquefied and began to crawl up her skin towards her eye. It was inside her before she could stop it or call for help.

Now it was a stone again and she was out of her mind and back to reality. Next she became aware of the fact that from beside her Spike had reached out and grabbed her wrist."Buffy?" He had that same timid and uncertain look in his eyes that she'd seen on William just seconds ago.

"It...it wasn't real?" He was about to say something when the tell tale sounds of people waking upstairs interrupted. Potentials pounded upstairs to the bathroom or into the kitchen for breakfast, and to create even more mess. Buffy bowed her head and fought back tears, begging the Powers to send her back to William this instant.

"Buffy!" Spike demanded, sitting up and trying to get her attention. Above them the door to the basement opened. Buffy heard Spike growl,"Sod off!!"

"Spike?? It's important!" Willow called back,"Is Buffy there?" The vampire let go of Buffy's wrist and got out of bed, stalking over the stairs. Coming to the bottom he gave the witch a nasty glare, one that nearly incited the redhead to flash him her own scary face.

"What do you want?!"

"The...the Prokaryote Stone."

"What about it?"

"Giles didn't know...I just figured it out...it, it needs to be smashed otherwise whoever picks it up is gonna take a not so pleasant tour in Spikeland." The vampire flinched and looked over at Buffy, still sitting on the floor by the cot,"That's not to say that...that you have a scary issue filled psyche full of violence and....and bad stuff..."

"No, 'course not, Red. Close the door, I'll take care of it." She hesitated,"Now Willow!" Once she was gone Spike turned back to Buffy.

"Love, get up off the floor...it's cold." She moved lethargically, uncertain and climbed on to the cot, laying her head on the pillow. The tears came then and Spike heart ached with want to take her pain into himself, spare her all this torment that kept coming and coming. He took up her former spot on the floor and cocked his head to one side, looking over her."Sorry for the interruption pet. Now, I believe you were about to answer a question." She looked confused, worried,"Do you wish to have me for your husband?" The light that came through her eyes then humbled him. He raised his hand to her face, stroking her cheek,"Don't rightly know what the stupid bloody rock did inside your pretty little head, but it was real....at least it was inside my noggin'. I'm not him, not anymore...but he's still in here, and he loves you. So...."

"It joined us...I mean, it put me inside your head....I think..."

"Something like that. It wasn't an actual memory or anything, mother and I lived alone. The stone just wove you into my memories....wove our memories...or created new ones......bloody hell, I don't know what I'm saying!"

"You're doing okay. Keep going."

"I'm not a man of words. Always tried to be, always failed."

"I seem to recall a few well chosen words."

"Buffy, my poetry was awful."

"Yeah, honey it really was, but I wasn't talking about the poetry."

"No?"

"No. But I loved the poetry, really. I loved that you meant every word...god, I do love you. I love you." She saw William before her then, sweet and timid and always uncertain and convinced he was beneath her."You believe me, don't you?"

"I..." Maybe he didn't, she feared. William was so eager and desperate for her love and now Spike, after a century of learning to keep himself guarded when he needed to survive was too scared to let it be true. She knew once he did he'd be completely vulnerable. She backed away until she was against the wall and for an instant he was wounded, but when she opened her arms to him, he smiled and began to lose is fragile persona. He crawled into bed and burrowed against her, hiding his face between her breasts and letting her wrap him up with her arms and legs. She kissed his hair and rubbed his back,"Believe that I love you...and that what happened was real, real for us. I love you, Spike."

"I love you, Buffy. Bloody hell woman! You seduced and deflowered me!" They were both laughing.

"Yep! And you loved it..."

"I was such a virgin.....I'm never going to live this down am I?"

"I think you'll manage. I think I feel kinda honored. I mean, it's not like I'm going to take up deflowering sensitive Victorian men as a hobby like decoupage or something, but I'm in with the idea of having one all to myself. What do you say?"

"Answer my question. Be my wife?"

"Yes, William, I'll be your wife. On one condition."

"And what pray tell is that?"

"We gotta get us one of those big beds!" He bounced a little on the cot and winced when he heard one of the springs give way.

"Agreed. Until then though..." He began to nuzzle her neck, pressing kisses on her skin.

"This one will do just fine."

"You really love me? Here and now, as I am?"

"I do. I love you, Spike. Now, tell me again how my eyes are as jewels of the Sea of Eire betwixt with the fiery amber of Valhalla's hearths...."


TBC...