"William...I..." She reached for him, but he backed away, cringed even.

"I've...I've been such a fool...honestly, to think that a woman such as yourself....that any woman would want me for hers..."

"Oh for crying out loud!" She took hold of him by his shoulders and pulled him back to her, tossing him down the bed and slipping her body over top his until she was straddling him. She'd taken him completely by surprise and now found himself with his wrists pinned over him against the headboard. The weight of Buffy's slight body on his was rather welcomed, but he was as confused as ever."You might wanna try actually letting me get a word in edgewise before you get all shirty on me!"

"Beg pardon?"

"You better beg. William have the past five hours meant nothing to you? Do I have to tell you that I love you every two minutes so you remember to believe it."

"Would be nice."

"I absolutely, totally wanna marry you."

"Oh!"

"So stop with the insecurities and....and...stuff..."

"I promise to try, but Miss Buffy, you must understand that before tonight I had never known....never been touched." There was that utterly irresistible sweetness that she loved right before her. She lowered her gaze and a smiled tugged at the corners of her mouth.

"Every day, I will touch you, touch every part of you." Her hands released his wrists and slid themselves down the lengths of his arms, the over his shoulders, up his neck until she cupped his face. She wished for good old electricity then, just so she could see his features more clearly. She didn't dare open the curtains now that this cocoon of theirs was warm and snug. She bent her head and pressed her lips to his, insinuating her tongue between them, then deep into his mouth. She detected a smile from him as he kissed her back. His arms wrapped around her and held her down on him, the taut points of her nipples creating a lovely friction on his chest.

This little sojourn back to William had been Spike's idea, in fact he'd asked her if they could, please. After their day spent alone in the basement upon her returning from her first visit inside her vampire's mind, spent primarily making love, they had not smashed the stone as Willow had insisted. Instead, Spike had inconspicuously pocketed it. A few nights later when time allowed, Buffy had gone downstairs with him and was met with his request. He asked her if she could please do something for her, something he never got to do in life and so desperately wanted to. She was a little hesitant, the Prokaryote stone rated very high on the oogy-ness scale, but those soulful blue eyes were begging her. She couldn't refuse. And now she was quite pleased she hadn't. William was so soft and so warm, an interesting, but not necessarily better contrast to the vampire.

William broke off their kiss and sat them up, causing Buffy to feel a little wary. He looked as if he had an ominous speech to give,"Miss Buffy..."

"William, before you start, I think you really should just call me Buffy. No need for formalities here, 'cause hey, naked and pleasantly sticky with you."

"No I suppose not. Not after you've given me the gift of your body....of your soul, I dare say, if you have indeed promised yourself to me?"

"There is nothing I want more than to be Mrs. William...." Oh crap. Buffy realized she had absolutely no clue under the sun what his last name was. Why oh why didn't I ask Spike? Well, Buffy, because he couldn't talk what with your tongue down his throat. Shut up. Stupid brain. Cover, quick. "I want to hear you say it...."

"Mrs. William Harcourt."

"Buffy Anne Harcourt, wife of Mr. William Harcourt. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" William's face looked full of pride, he obviously agreed."Now, back to what you were going to tell me a moment ago?"

"Right...right...Well, my sweet angel, to begin with, I love you." Buffy gave a little giggle, snuggling her nose under his chin and if there happened to have been any light, he could have seen her blushing."But furthermore, I confess, that am as a man lost and wandering through thick, black woods, no end in sight." Buffy scowled and rolled off him, putting a little distance between them so she could listen to what sounded like an epitaph to their life together rather than a blessing. William was pained when he sensed that his words had wounded her heart. He always thought himself good with words, but expressing his innermost thoughts plainly without the thin veil of poetry he knew was terrible, eluded him."Perhaps we could be under the covers before I attempt to explain myself." She nodded and crawled to head of the bed and over the pillows, letting him pull down the heavy layers until the crisp white sheets were found. He let her ease in between them, catching her hiss against how cool they were. He joined her, covering them both up to their necks. The slight gap between them felt like the expanse of the ocean, something William could not abide."I think we ought to be a little closer, don't you?" He felt her nod against her pillow and he pulled her into his arms."Tad warmer?"

"Getting there. Maybe if we were enen closer..." She pressed her fingertips into his arms, trying to pass her intent through touch. William understood, he'd been becoming increasingly aroused with each passing second under the covers. Making love as they had, without the false sense of security of being under said covers, had not irked him, being as the entirety of the occurrence had undone him as if it were a religious experience. But now, he wished for things to be slightly more to his comfort. Being in bed, in the traditional manner promised to give him just a little.

Buffy gasped when she felt his hand delve in between her knees, slowly travelling up the length of her inner thigh. He touched inside with his fingers, finding her ready for him, still marveling at the mere presence of it. Everything that lay between her legs, the silky, clinging viscous moisture, the delicate and hot skin and especially the tightness of it, how even around his finger she had to stretch to accommodate him. He moved around, caressing the curve of her bottom, then eased under the back of her thigh, lifting it up and over his hip. He touched the head of his cock to her opening, spreading the lips apart.

"May I come inside, Miss Buffy?"

"Come inside me, William." With a single thrust he was sheathed to the hilt, ecstatic to have joined with his goddess once more. His hand at the small of her back pressed her even closer until their stomachs were flat against each other. He shuddered and let out a slight cry from the heat of her, the slice of heaven gifted to him.

"Oh, love, my golden girl..." Buffy tucked her head under his chin and stifled a moan. He filled her up nearly to a point after which she could bear no more, but never too much. Just perfect."Buffy, what I am meaning, what I am feeling...my heart...rather..."

"Shhh...." Buffy soothed him with tender strokes of her hand on his shoulder,"Take your time....I'm not going anywhere. Not that I could, we're kinda anchored." She gave him a little squeeze inside and she got the growl she'd wanted from him. William and growlies? Rated 10 on the orgasmo-meter.

"Most men of my age have made their fortune, gotten their wives and have children by now, mothers stowed away in apartments or country homes. I can't say as to why my life had to take so abnormal a path...why no lady ever spoke to me, why no man ever saw fit to call me friend. I manage the money my father left us. I educate myself. I read and I sleep cold and alone night after night after night. There's been no joy for life inside me....none at all." Buffy ignored the stray tear that fell down her cheek and hugged him close."You came to us a month ago, your family taken from you, the burden of your father's debts on your shoulders, suitors of the worst character proposing to take you as theirs...foul men that would use you callously...oh to think that one of them would have had you..."

"You have me now, only you will ever....keep talking..."

"I fell in love with you the in the very first moment I laid my eyes upon you and I grew fearful. You see why it is that I am lost? There shall never be another in my heart, never another shall alight my soul as you have...my love.....my Buffy....god I love you so much. Promise me you'll never leave me alone! Please Buffy, I couldn't bear it! I cannot go back to those cold, awful, sterile wanderings!"

"William, no! I'll never leave you...I couldn't either, go back to being alone...I need you. I love you!" The emotions poured from them and manifested with the crushing movements of their bodies. The position was a little awkward as he started trust into her urgently, however nothing in the world could have ceased him from making love to the woman who was promised to him. Buffy let him continue in this fashion, knowing that his need was overcoming what he'd learned about lovemaking this night. Still, it was not as if this wasn't exceptionally pleasureable to her, it just lacked technique. His hand went down between them, searching for and finding her swollen clitoris, desperate to have her come around him once more. Buffy cringed and shook, quickly pulling his hand away."Mmm...honey, not so much...it's kinda sore. We've been doing this all night long." William froze, perplexed and ashamed.

"I've hurt you? I didn't know...I....oh dear...."

"Hey now, don't get upset..." Buffy rolled on to her back, taking him with her. She settled him deep between her thighs, wrapping her legs around his waist,"Be gentle...just back and forth....the rest will take care of itself."

"I have so much to learn."

"William, you're a wonderful lover...there are so many different ways...so many different pleasures. We learn together how to do this. Make love to me, William." He rose above her, arching his back and sinking in deeper, eliciting a gasp of delight as he touched the edge of her womb,"Yes! William..." Her legs tightened around his torso and she in turn arched up into him, pressing her breasts to his chest and holding on for dear life. She sought his mouth, needed the attendant comfort of his lips. His mouth was so soft and kissing him was as emotionally connecting as the friction below. After spending all the hours of the night making love, their energies were waning. William let himself go heavy on top of her, still pushing gently to and fro inside her. Buffy twisted her hips just so, helping his cock to stimulate the bundle of already over stimulated nerves at her top wall. The kiss was reaching a fever pitch, hands clutching fistfuls of hair, bodies perspiring and moans of rising ecstasy filling the room.

"Oh Buffy! I love you....love you! Buffy...Buffy...my darling Buffy!" William chanted this to her as he came. The sensation of his warm semen filling her womb brought her to orgasm. This one started deep in her belly, making her feel slow and tight. Soon she was shaking from the intensity of it, words failing her as infinite prisms exploded behind her eyes and her entire body went rigid. The climax carried on and on, and as it died down, William started to move again and a new one began for her, swelling the last one back up higher than the first. The enduring pulsing around him made him hard again, bringing Buffy to yet another orgasm, and then another, and another after that.

"William...it...it.....won't...won't end! Oh god! William! William! William!"



Buffy was wakened before the rising of the sun by sweet birdsong outside her window. The absolute last thing she wanted to do was move, especially with William sleeping soundly with his head pillowed on her breasts, but she didn't think it was exactly a good thing for the servants, or heaven forbid his mother to catch them naked in bed together. She just prayed no one had heard them the night before. She looked down at William, sleeping as peacefully as Spike used to whenever she'd allowed him to be in her arms last previous year. Buffy let out a contented sigh, but knew that their time was over for now. Just one more thing to do, but that would come later.

"William? Honey? Wakey wakey." She tapped his cheek, rousing him from sleep. He opened his eyes and gave her a rather dopey grin,"You need to go." His first few moments of blissful wakening disappeared into a hurt frown.

"But last night..."

"Was glorious. The household will be waking up any minute now and we probably shouldn't be caught naked together in bed, don't you think?" He shot up like he'd been struck by lightening, a strange creeping terror washing over him.

"Oh dear lord....we shouldn't have...no, I mean, it was beautiful, wonderful....but..."

"Breathe."

"What are we to do?"

"You sneak across the hall to your bedroom. I'm going take a bath and relax, maybe sleep a little more, somehow wrench myself into that god awful corset and then come down for breakfast with your mother."

"Oh...well, that's rather simple, isn't it?"

"And then tonight I'm gonna sneak into your room and you can do me upside down for all I care. Actually, I do care, that could be fun!" He dropped his forehead to her shoulder.

"You've been my undoing, woman."

"I prefer to think that I've made you. Neither of us is whole without the other, William. But, unless you want your mother calling me a filthy strumpet for corrupting and taking advantage of her sweet boy....you better go." He sighed and nodded in agreement.

"A single second away from you will be a thousand years of torture."

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

"Then when I return to your arms, Buffy love, I will love you one hundred fold!" Buffy laughed, every word spoken from him brought her joy. Loving him was making her happier by the moment, and helping her affirm just how phenomenal a person Spike truly was.



"You two have been as thick as thieves all morning!" William's mother exclaimed, looking back and forth between her son and ward, who were sitting across from each other at the breakfast table. Buffy and William had made a concerted effort to not smile at each other this morning, but the knowing looks between them, the quick glances that made the other one blush couldn't quite be hidden from a very observant mother. Not to mention the fact that Buffy had managed to slip off her shoe and had placed her foot in his lap, then proceeded to massage him until he's grown hard. She half expected William to die of embarrassment, but instead found that he was accepting the fact that he was a man and one who was in love. He'd glared back at her with such lust cloaking his eyes that it turned out that she was the one who'd been overcome. She took her foot away and concentrated on her eggs."If I didn't know any better I'd wager that you two are keeping a secret from me."

William cleared his throat and scoffed,"Honestly mother, to think such a thing." He gave the game away by looking over at Buffy and smirking. The Slayer stifled a too feminine un-Slayer like little giggle and took a sip of her tea.

"William John Harcourt and Miss Buffy Anne Summers! You are keeping secrets!"

"Well, perhaps just a small one."

'William! I insist you tell me this instant!" There was an amused aire about Mrs. Harcourt, picking up on the happiness of the couple.

"May I, Miss Buffy?"

"Of course," Buffy replied. He made a motion to Buffy and she rose from the table, walked behind William's mother to come and stand at his side. William rose too, and took Buffy's hand in his, holding it close to his heart.

"Mother, something wonderful has occurred. I have asked Miss Buffy to become my wife and she has consented." His mother's tears came instantly and she frantically searched for her handkerchief to catch them."Are you happy mother?" She nodded her head, feeling foolish for being so happy. She went first to Buffy, embracing her tightly, then drew her son in as well.

William held the two most important women in his life in his arms and for the first time ever, held hope for his future.



As the stone slipped from Buffy's body she muffled her out cry into Spike's pillow. Beside her the vampire caught the once again hardened Prokaryote Stone, this time in the security of a silver locket that hung from a chain around Buffy's neck. He closed the stone between a picture of Buffy and a picture of himself. It was his gift to her, their secret. He kissed her cheek and rubbed her back until she recovered, then she turned into him and pulled him close.

"Alright, love?" he asked, whispering in her ear.

"Yeah, just fine, Spike. Did I do good?" She pulled back and saw the tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Did you see how happy she was? Oh Buffy, thank you." She brushed her lips over his and urged him to continue,"I took her life, I turned her into a demon....I took the one person who truly loved me and destroyed her...but you, my sweet love, you let me make her happy. I don't care that is wasn't bloody real. I remember the look on her face when I told her that her son would have a wife, would be happy. Thank...thank you so much."

"Spike, honey, there's no need to thank me, I love you. It's made me happy to do this for you."

"And you were so gentle with him...me..."

"I was so terrible before. I know I can't take it back, but I thought if I could make things good for William somehow..."

"It made all the difference in the world, pet. It absolutely did. This Prokaryote merging we've been doing, it's just another depth to our loving each other, you getting that?"

"Yes, I know it isn't real, but it seems like it is. It's so wonderful, isn't it? I love you so much and I love William too and I know he's you. I love you both, but I know you're one....I'm in love with one man only, you getting that?"

"Don't fret over it, love. Demon and soul are comfortably one."

"Then why the secret? Shouldn't we tell the others about us? I thought you'd want that."

"Part of me does. I half wish they've come down to this dank basement for a spot of midnight laundry or something and find us shaggin' like bunnies on this old cot...but I can't have them thinking you're neglecting the mission, especially for me. One hint of that and the Watcher will start carving a fresh stake for me."

"Don't talk like that! I can't imagine....promise me you won't ever leave!" He sighed, wishing the words he was about to speak were the god's honest truth, but he knew they both knew that there were no guarantees either of them would survive the impending showdown with the First Evil. Still, just saying the words was enough.

"I promise, my beautiful Miss Buffy, I will never leave you."