Faith’s small car pulled into the driveway of an apartment complex and then engine died down.

“We’re here,” the brunette announced as she shut the car door and walked towards the apartment. Buffy followed behind as Faith unlocked and opened the door.

The apartment was pretty beat up, but still kept up pretty well. When they got back to Faith’s room, the rebellious girl took out a cigarette. “Want one?” She asked.

“They’ll kill you ya know,” Buffy replied with a smirk.

“Haven’t killed me yet.”

“Guess you’re lucky.” Faith smiled and put the cigarette out.

“Fine, Princess. For you, I won’t smoke.”

“Really?”

“No. I just won’t smoke around you,” Faith replied with a sneer of her own.

Buffy felt herself laughing a little and sat down on the edge of the bed. It wasn’t a second later and Faith was off the bed and going through her closet. “Whatcha doing?”

“Getting you something to wear,” came Faith’s muffled reply. Buffy frowned a little and then realized that her sweatshirt/jeans combo wasn’t the best for a night out.

Faith emerged from the closet with a pair of black, leather pants, a red v-neck quarter-sleeve shirt, and a black, form-fitting jacket. “Should fit,” the teen said simply and threw it at Buffy, whose eyes were wide.

“You want me to wear this?”

“Yep. Put it on,” Faith ordered as she left the room so Buffy could change.

----

“Wow. Hot, B,” Faith complimented when Buffy emerged from the room.

“You sure? Not too slutty?”

Faith just smiled. “Slutty is the look we’re going for, Princess.” Buffy returned the grin.

What the hell. One night out. My dad’s in town anyway. It’s not like Angel will hurt me with Dad there.

---

Buffy and Faith had only been at the Bronze for about fifteen minutes and Faith informed Buffy that her other friends should be getting there soon.

When Faith told Buffy they should go dance, Buffy declined and went to the bar to get some drinks instead.

“Buffy?”

Buffy turned to the owner of the voice and smiled uneasily. “Cordelia, right?”

“Yeah. Wow. You look…”

“Different?” Buffy offered, feeling self-conscious now.

“Yeah. Looks good on you though. Bit hot in here for the jacket, though.”

Buffy couldn’t take off the jacket; that would show the bruises she definitely didn’t want anyone to see.

“I’m fine.” Buffy just eyed the girl carefully for a moment. “Is there a reason you’re talking to me? Oh, sorry…that sounded really rude. I just meant…well, last I check you and your friends don’t like me.”

“It’s not that we don’t like you. We’re just shallow,” Cordy said with a smile. Buffy let out a small chuckle. “Spike likes you though. Spike doesn’t just take up for every new kid that shows up at school. Don’t expect to sit at our table at lunch or anything…unless Spike wants you to. But we won’t give you a hard time.”

“Um…thanks?”

“Sure thing,” the brunette replied with a smile. It was then that Faith came up, breathing heavily.

“Man, B. You’ve got to get out here.” She eyed Cordelia and rolled her eyes. “Stay away from her, Cordy.”

“FYI, I was only making conversation. I’ll be going now. But Buffy, a bit of advice…stay away from Faith. She and her friends are nothing but trouble.” With that, Cordy walked off to sit at a table with her friends. All of them were there, even Spike.

“So, B, what about those drinks?” Faith said, forgetting all about Cordelia.

“Sure. What do you want?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll get the drinks. Why don’t you go get another table? I think someone snagged ours.”

“Sure thing.” Buffy went over and sat down at the only available table. Soon, a couple of Faith’s friends that buffy recognized came in. She smiled and waved them over.

“Hey, you’re Buffy, right?” A girl with short red-dyed hair asked.

“Yeah.”

“I’m Kat. This is Taylor and Micha.” The girls sat down and gave Buffy a smile. “Where’s Faith?”

“Right here,” Faith replied, coming to the table. When she sat down, she brought a couple of beers up to the table.

“Ah, thanks,” Taylor said and took one.

“Um…Faith?” Buffy eyed the drinks.

“Don’t worry, Princess.” Faith put a Sprite on the table in front of Buffy. “Figured you’d want the boring stuff.”

Buffy still just sat there. She was tired of being careful and responsible. And she was tired of feeling broken all the time. Buffy pushed the Sprite aside and picked up a beer. “Whoa, B.” Faith stopped her from drinking it. “Look, Cordy wasn’t entirely wrong.” Faith knew that her and her friends did some bad things, but she didn’t want to bring Buffy down too.

“Doesn’t matter,” Buffy replied and took a long gulp of the alcohol. Faith gave her an uneasy smile, but drank her own anyway.

----Three hours later---

Buffy, Faith, and the others were laughing uncontrollably now. They’d each had more than they should’ve to drink and were beyond drunk now.

It was almost eleven, but the Bronze was still full of people.

“Faith.” The owner of the voice appeared behind Faith. He was one of the bartenders. “Look. I sneak you and your friends the alcohol because the owner is your cousin and doesn’t mind, plus you promise not to get drunk. You’re gonna make me lose my job.”

“Not only that. You could go to jail,” Buffy supplied in a slurring tone, taking another sip. “And you know what they say about guys in prison.”

The other girls at the table burst out laughing and the bartender looked uncomfortable. “Faith…”

“Relax. We won’t have anymore. These are our last ones. Tell Jerry-” the owner, and Faith’s cousin “-not to worry about it. No one’ll find out about him giving minors alcohol, alright. Now go. Shoo.”

He walked off, sighing and the girls started laughing again. Suddenly, Buffy felt a tap on her shoulder. “Huh?” She didn’t turn around, but looked at her shoulder. “What was that?” She asked, being to drunk to realize that a person was trying to get her attention.

“Buffy.” It was Cordy. Buffy turned around and smiled, almost falling from her stool.

“Oops.”

“Buffy…what are you doing?”

“More importantly, why do you care?” Buffy slurred out.

“Because I’ve known Spike since first grade. And he’ll care once he finds out.”

Buffy shrugged her off and was about to take another sip when the bottle was jerked from her hands. “Hey!”

She turned to the thief, ready to yell, but when she saw it was Spike, she only laughed. “This isn’t funny,” he informed her.

“Hmm…I thought it was,” she mumbled.

“How much have you had?”

Buffy started counting on her fingers. “A lot,” she answered when she gave up trying to find out how much she’d had.

He suddenly pulled her away from the table. “Bye-Bye,” she clumsily called to her friends as she was being pulled away. Spike turned her to face him and she felt dizzy. “Whoa…stop spinning.”

“I’m not spinning. You’re drunk.”

“Prove it.”

Frustrated, Spike let out a sigh and closed his eyes for a second. “What are you doing, Buffy?”

“Talking to you.”

“No. Why are you drinking?”

“Because it’s fun. Plus, it makes these stop hurting,” she replied cheerfully as she rolled up her jacket sleeve and revealed the bruises.

“Buffy…”

“No! You don’t get to tell me what to do. I have an aunt and uncle for that, remember?”

“And what are they gonna say when you walk in drunk?”

Buffy just started giggling again. “I doubt they’ll say anything…just kick me into a wall or something.” This made her laugh even more.

“Drinking isn’t going to make this go away.”

“Really?” She snorted and shook her head slightly. “Cause right now I’m drinking and everything’s perfectly fine.”

“Buffy…”

“No! I haven’t felt this way since the stupid car accident in LA!”

“Car accident?…oh, so that’s what happened in LA?”

“Yep. And now I’m fine. So…drinking is definitely of the good.”

“Yeah, until you stop drinking and get a pounding headache.”

“So, I won’t stop.”

“That’ll kill you, Buffy.”

“And would that be so bad?”

He sighed in frustration again but kept himself calm. “Come on,” he replied, taking her arm. When she winced in pain, he realized that he must’ve grabbed a bruise. “Oh, Buffy…I’m sorry.”

She shrugged it off, walking out the doors as he followed her. “No big deal. Not like you put the bruises there in the first place.”

---

By the time they reached Buffy’s house, Buffy was twirling herself in little circles and singing her ABC’s. “Luv, we’re here,” Spike said softly, but glad that he only saw her father’s car, not her uncle’s.

“Oh, yay,” she said sarcastically. “Well, Spike…thanks for the ride,” she said.

“Pet, we walked here.”

“Oh, right. Thanks for…walking me here then.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? I’ll come by and give you a ride to school.”

He waited until she’d walked in the door to start walking toward his house.

Tomorrow should be interesting…