Kat adjusted the rear-view mirror in her car and put the car in reverse to back out of the school parking lot. Within seconds, the group was speeding off.

“Gotta tell you, B, I didn’t think you had it in ya,” Faith said from the front seat as she turned to look at Buffy.

Buffy was still unsure about all this, but she didn’t let it show.

Ever since the incident in LA, she’d kept to herself, and was afraid to go out to do anything.

But she was so sick of being the freaking responsible one.

Why be responsible when she’d only get punished by her uncle anyway?

She might as well give him a reason to hit her since he was doing it anyway.

“So, where’re we headed?” Kat asked everyone in the small vehicle.

“Willy’s place,” Taylor suggested and Faith thought for a second.

“Guys, I don’t know. Justin and Scott’ll be there,” Faith reminded them.

“Which is why I’m suggesting it,” Taylor replied, annoyance evident in her tone.

It wasn’t that Faith didn’t want to go. Of course she did. She just didn’t want Buffy going. Justin and Scott were not good people. And whenever Faith and her gang hung around them, they became ‘not good people’ too.

With a sigh, Faith nodded. “Bring it on,” she sighed.

---Few minutes later---

“Girls!” Willy greeted from the bar cheerfully. When he spotted Buffy, he smiled. “So, who’s the new kid.”

“Willy, this is Buffy. B, this is Willy.” Buffy nodded toward him, feeling a little uncomfortable being in here.

“The boys are in the back, if you’re looking for them,” Willy announced and then went to his next costumer.

When the group reached the back, Buffy immediately tensed. There were four guys in addition to needles, weed, and pills.

Didn’t take a genius to figure out they were high.

“Kat!” One of the boys greeted, and the said girl went and sat by him. “Oh, who’s the new girl?”

“Buffy,” Buffy answered without wavering.

The girls all had a seat, Buffy sitting in her own chair. Something in her head was telling her she shouldn’t have come, but she moved that thought aside.

When Buffy looked up, she had to retrain her eyes from popping out of her head. Kat, Taylor, and Micha were each taking some form of the drugs in front of them.

Faith however, wasn’t, which Scott noticed.

“Come on, Faith. What’s your deal today?”

Faith just shook her head ‘no’, and leaned back in her chair.

Scott then turned to Buffy, offering the stuff Faith had just turned down.

Buffy scared the hell out of herself when she didn’t answer, but just eyed the substance for a moment. Her mind was screaming at her to say ‘no’ and leave. But for some reason, she was actually considering.

Well, until she heard Faith’s voice. “No way, Princess. I let you get away with drinking last night. But you are definitely not going this far.”

Buffy just stared at the brunette teen. “But-”

“No ‘buts’. Period, B.”

Buffy was in a way grateful that Faith was a good enough friend to stop her from doing bad things. But for some reason, Buffy couldn’t push away the thoughts that wished Faith hadn’t said anything.

---A few hours later---

The girls were leaving, about to go back to school. As Buffy was walking out, Scott pulled her aside. “Hey.”

“Um, hi?”

“Listen…if you ever need anything without Faith holding you back…” He trailed off and handed her a piece of paper.

---3:15pm. School is just being let out---

As Spike exited the school, he immediately looked for Buffy. He’d been absolutely apprehensive all day long. Finally, he spotted Kat’s car pulling up and a amused Buffy stepping out. She waved goodbye to them as they pulled away.

“Have fun?” Buffy heard an irate voice ask from behind her.

Whirling around, Buffy narrowed her eyes. “As a matter of fact, I did.”

“You’re lucky that the teacher didn’t come back ‘til the end of class. Otherwise, you would’ve been caught.”

Buffy sighed and shrugged. “So what. I had fun.”

“So, that means…” He trailed off as he took a step forward. “Summers, I want a quick explanation of why I can suddenly sense pot.”

“As in the drug?”

“Yes you stupid bint, as in the drug!”

“Calm down. I didn’t take anything, I swear, alright? We went to Willy’s and a couple of guess were doing all kinds of crap.”

Spike just stared at her with a mixture of anger and disbelief. “Don’t go there again, Buffy.”

“Don’t tell me what to do,” she demanded in a warning tone. “I didn’t do a thing but have fun with my friends, so back off.”

---Buffy’s house---

Buffy sat in Spike’s car in her driveway. After a short argument, Spike had offered her a ride back home.

“Hey, Buffy…sorry about earlier. I just…I get worried.”

“You shouldn’t.”

“But I do.”

Buffy turned to face him and saw the look of concern on his face. “I need to go.”

Before he had a chance to reply, Buffy hopped out of the car and raced toward her house.

And the second she had the door closed, she felt the familiar, hard grip on her arm wrench her from her standing point.

“Ow, Angel, stop!” He pushed her roughly away, causing her to hit the wall.

“Don’t tell me what to do! I just got a call from the damn school saying you got into a fight yesterday!” Buffy wasn’t expecting the next punch, but cried out when it connected with her jaw. “Do you have any idea how that makes me look?”

“About as good as it looks when your niece is abused!” She retorted angrily and pushed him away from her. Angel pushed her harder before backing up.

“Go to your room.”

Not wanting to get into another fight, Buffy did as told.

---Buffy’s room---

She couldn’t get herself to stop crying as she looked at her new bruises in the mirror.

This had to end.

One way or another.

The pain just needed to stop.

That’s when Buffy remembered the piece of paper Scott had given her.

Taking it from her jeans pocket, Buffy unfolded the paper that held the phone number on it.

The pain just needed to stop…