Carefully and quietly, Spike climbed the tree outside Buffy's room. It had been two weeks since she had slept in his crypt. The next day-to his delight-she had given Captain Cardboard the boot. Unfortunately she'd made it quite clear that that didn't mean she and Spike would be sleeping together again.

When he'd tried to talk to her about it, she'd laughed at him, and told him that, 'It was just sex,' and it would be better if they both just put it behind them. When he wouldn't let it go, she'd hit him. After a couple such encounters he'd realized that either he had to make a complete fool of himself and confess his love, or he'd have to leave her alone.

He'd chosen option number three, stalking. Over the last week he had started following her on her patrols. Watching her wherever she went. It wasn't hard - she was as regular as clockwork. Always patrolling the same areas at the same time. The sad thing was, he seemed to be the only vamp in Sunnydale who'd picked up on this.

Tonight it hadn't been vamps, though. Tonight she'd had a nasty fight with an Aabi demon. He'd been tempted to step in and give her a hand, but she'd managed the whole thing by herself - even if she did get herself covered in light blue blood when she cut off its tentacles.

That's why she'd called an early night. She was taking a shower to clean off the demon goo. It also gave Spike the chance he needed to hide himself in the tree outside her window. He'd found a spot to hide where he had a great view of the mirror on her vanity, but she wouldn't be likely to see him. Times like this having no reflection was very handy.

After half an hour or so she came back into her bedroom. She was wearing a fluffy bathrobe and was taking her hair down. He watched mesmerized as she shook out her long golden locks.

She walked over to her vanity and picked up a squat glass jar, opened it, and scooped out some blue cream. Then she turned the vanity chair around sideways, put her right foot up on it, and began slowly rubbing it into her skin. For a moment Spike nearly laughed. The cream was almost exactly the same color as the blood she'd just washed off. But then her hands started working up her leg.

He licked his lips as he watched her fingers massage the cream into her calves. Carefully, quietly, he reached down to unzip his jeans and grip his cock firmly in his hand. He wondered what sort of scent she was rubbing into herself. He imagined himself slowly kissing and nipping his way up those well-muscled legs until he came to her sex. He tried to remember the heady scent of her arousal and the way her pink lips opened up to the probing of his tongue.

Buffy's hands moved up her leg, past her knee, to her thigh. Then she moved aside her bathrobe and in the mirror he could see her hand run over the smooth flesh of her bottom as she continued to rub the cream in. He had to force himself to keep his hand moving at a slow steady pace as he stroked himself, so as not to cum before he finished watching his private show.

She switched legs then. This time when she moved aside the bathrobe he could see not only her ass, but in the mirror he could see just the faintest hint of the dark curls between her legs. That tiny tease almost sent him over the edge. He bit his lip to keep from moaning, his right hand tightened its grip on his cock, and his left hand dug into the bark of the tree.

Having finished with her legs, she turned the chair back around the proper way and sat at the vanity. Then she slipped her left arm out of the bathrobe. To Spike's disappointment, the fabric clung to the curve of her breast only barely revealing her cleavage.

She began to rub the cream onto her shoulders and chest. Then to Spike's delight her hands went lower and she cupped her breast. The robe still obstructed most of his view, but that was okay. It was enough for Spike to know her hands were caressing herself, to imagine that it was his thumb making circles around her nipple.

His own movements became more frantic. His tongue ran over his lips, licking up the drops of blood from where he'd bitten himself. In his mind the tip of his tongue was tracing her nipple. He could hear her moans as he sucked it into his mouth - her cries when he gently bit the tender flesh.

He came suddenly. He'd forgotten where he was - what he was doing - and he nearly lost his position. Cursing under his breath, he regained his footing. Not only would it have been embarrassing to fall out of the tree, there was no telling what Buffy would do to him if she caught him watching her like this.

He was especially glad that he hadn't given himself away when he looked back into her room. She had finished with her moisturizing and stood up. She moved over to her dresser and let the bathrobe fall to the floor. There she stood in all her glory. It was only a glimpse. A second later she had slipped on a nightgown.

It was really more of a slip. It was light grey, silky and clung to all her curves in a way that screamed, "Touch me." Just as he was enjoying the way it flared about her hips and the skirt brushed the skin on her thighs, she turned out the lights and got into bed.

Instinctively, he vamped. His golden eyes could make out her still form lying under the covers. For a while he just watched her, wanting desperately to go inside, lie on top of her, and pepper her with kisses - run his hands over her silken curves. But he knew she would never allow it. Finally he gave up, got down from the tree, and went off to find something to kill.

********************************

'Stupid vampire,' Buffy thought. 'What took him so long to leave? If he'd loitered around outside my window much longer, I'd've had to tell him to leave.'

It wasn't true of course. There was no way she was going to let Spike know how easily she could sense him, that she knew he'd been watching her this last week. 'It's all about tactics,' she told herself. 'Being able to sense exactly where he is, it's like a secret weapon.'

He could have been in a room full of vampires and Buffy was pretty sure she could have told you exactly where he was. He just felt different from the other vampires. 'Which is only because he's around so much,' she told herself. 'It has nothing to do with anything else, just like I was gonna wear my sexy nighty all along. I never even considered wearing my Yummy Sushi pajamas. Nope, not for a minute. Besides, he was watching me undress, this was much faster to put on.'

Now that she was sure Spike was gone, she allowed her legs to fall apart just a little as her hand reached between them and she started to caress herself.