Chapter 18: Inca Mummy Girl

A/N nothing really to do with the episode Inca Mummy Girl, except for a brief talk about what it means to be chosen at the end. Also, I may not be able to update for a while. The other night my laptop broke. I only have this chapter to post becuase I was able to get at the copies my beta’s sent back to me.

"So you and Spike are back together?" Willow asked as they walked through the halls of Sunnydale high.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, who knows where he's been, what he's been doing, and with whom," Xander interjected, as he pushed open the doors to the library.

"Ah, it's good that you're all here," Giles said as he saw them. "First of all, Buffy, I should tell you that Spike is back."

"Way ahead of you, Giles. He came to see me last night, not to mention the whole,-‘showing up just in the nick of time’ trick he pulled during the fight last night," Buffy said.

"And did he talk to you about Angelus?" Giles asked.

"Just a brief, cryptic warning. You know, the usual. Something about how he won't fight me, he'll just go after my friends."

"And you wait till now to tell us this?" Xander asked.

"Sorry," Buffy said, looking sheepish.

"Yes, well. I hope now you'll start to take the threat of Angelus a little more seriously," said Giles. "I've been doing my research and Spike's right, he won't come at you directly. He'll try to goad you into making mistakes."

"So, no goading for me. Just call me cool as a cucumber Buffy."

"It's not that simple, Buffy," Giles insisted. "We all have to be on our guard, that goes for you two as well," he nodded toward Xander and Willow. "You'll need to train, Buffy. Be on your guard at all times, ever vigilant. Alway-"

"You know, Giles, you're right," Buffy interrupted. "I do need to train. In fact, I should go find Spike right now, and get the low down on this Angelus, and start our training again."

Before anyone could say a word, Buffy had taken off.

"Wow, did she just use our lives being in danger as an excuse to mack on the undead?" Xander asked, staring at the place she'd been.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Buffy knocked on the door to Spike's old apartment, hoping he'd returned there. No one answered. She was just about to leave when the door swung open to reveal a sleepy looking Spike wearing only his jeans.

'Yum,' thought Buffy as she looked at shirtless Spike.

"Did I wake you?" she asked. "Sorry."

"No problem, luv," he said while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "I was going to get up in an hour or so anyway."

"Cause you're a vampire and have daylight issues, which makes my house warming gift really lame," said Buffy, looking down at the small potted cactus she was carrying. What had she been thinking?

He chuckled and stood aside to allow her in. He closed the door behind her, and much to her disappointment went to put on a shirt.

"So what brings you by? Shouldn't you be off doing. . . whatever it is you do?"

"Can't a girl just stop by to see her. . . friend?" Buffy had been all confidence when she'd left school. Now suddenly, she wasn't sure. Her relationship with Spike was far from normal.

"Friend?" said Spike moving in on her in a predatory manner. "I thought we were more than that."

Buffy squealed as he scooped her up, sat in the armchair in front of the TV, and pulled her onto his lap. She settled herself against him, resting her cheek against his chest. She really wished now that he hadn't put his shirt on.

Spike put his hand under her chin and tilted her head up to look at him.

"You do know I love you?" he asked.

Her breath caught. Sure, there had been hints, strong suggestions, but he'd never come out and said it so bluntly before.

"I love you too," she whispered.

Then his mouth was on hers. Eagerly, she opened herself to him as his tongue began to explore her mouth. He cradled her in his arms and held her tightly as he kissed her.

Everything melted away around them; her whole world became Spike. Time didn't so much stop, as go away. She ran her hands up his chest to his silken hair. Because he'd just gotten up, he hadn't slicked it back yet, and her fingers played in his curls.

After a while she became bolder, and her hands moved around her back, and under her own shirt. Her fingers found the clasp of her bra, and she undid it. Then she wriggled the straps down off her shoulders and tossed it to the floor.

She broke off the kissing to look in his eyes as she took one of his hands in her own, slipped it under her shirt, and around her breast. His thumb and index finger caught her nipple, and she gasped as he gave it a tiny squeeze. The sensation ran all the way from her nipple to the growing wetness between her legs.

"Buffy," he said reverently as he looked deep in her eyes.

It scared her a little to see how much love, how much want was reflected there. His other hand moved up under her shirt to begin teasing her other breast and she began kissing him again. This time the kisses were shorter because Buffy found herself needing to use her mouth to gasp and moan.

Without thinking, she shifted her position so that she was now straddling him. As she slid herself down in front of him, she felt the hard point in his jeans press up against her sex. Now it was his turn to moan.

She pulled her head back a little so that she could look at him, and experimentally ground herself against him. She was rewarded by a deeper moan and him calling her name.

They moved against each other as their eyes locked. The passion that now burned in those blue orbs sent shivers down her spine.

One of his hands moved around, down her back. The tips of his fingers slipped under the waist of her jeans, but made no attempt to go any further. Still, he used that hand to pull her close against him, as he began kissing her neck.

"Spike," she called out as she pushed herself harder and harder against him. Each time he rose up against her, the seam of her jeans pressed against her in the most wonderful way.

"Can I see you? Can I kiss you?" he asked as the hand that was fondling her breast squeezed it to make clear his meaning.

Part of her wanted to rip off her top, but another part of her was too embarrassed of what he might think of her. What if he saw her breasts and didn't like them. What if they weren't big enough? But what if she didn't? Would he think she was just a scared little girl?

She hated this part of their relationship. The part where she became aware how much older and more experienced he was than her. It sounded romantic, the idea of him being her first. But she hated not knowing what to do. Not knowing how to touch him.

"Maybe I want. . . you. . . to take your shirt off. . . and kiss. . . you? Did you ever think. . . about that?"

She wasn't sure how she managed to say so much and she was embarrassed the moment the words left her mouth.

He pulled back from her, and she was sure that all this nice kissing and. . . stuff, was about to end. But then she saw the smile on his face.

"Go ahead," he said in a husky voice.

Trying to look confidant - like she did this sort of thing all the time and it was nothing - she slipped her fingers under the hem of his shirt. The trembling in her fingers as she touched his bare stomach gave her away. But she couldn't stop. It was as if her hands were stuck to his skin. She could do nothing but run them up to his chest, lifting his shirt as she went.

Then it was off, and once again she was greeted to the sight of his chest. She noticed that his nipples were hard now, and without thinking she reached up to pinch one in the same way he had done to her.

His hips surged up underneath her as he drove himself against her and cried out, "Yes, Buffy, luv, kiss me there."

Urged on by his pleading, she moved her face closer to his other nipple. He moaned as her breath touched it. Hesitantly, she stuck out her tongue, and ran it over the top of his nipple.

"That's it, baby," he urged her on.

Underneath her own shirt, his thumb began to circle her own nipple. She took the hint and traced his with her tongue. She wasn't sure what excited her more. His response to her, or the idea of him doing the same to her.

Deciding she wanted the latter, she gave him one last sweep with her tongue, and pulled back, her hands above her head, a shy smile on her face.

He wasted no time pulling her shirt up off over her head. When his gaze fell on her bare breasts, evaluating her, she felt embarrassed again, and started to cross her arms to cover herself up.

He caught her wrists, though.

"Please don't. You're so beautiful. So perfect, nothing to be ashamed of."

There was just a hint of question in his voice. And she knew by the supportive look on his face, that he would understand if this was too much. If she wanted to stop.

The fact that he was so easy going about the whole thing, that he'd made it clear to her before he left that he didn't want to push things faster than she was comfortable with, made her embarrassed all over again. This time for trying to hide herself from him.

She moved her arms away and let Spike looked at her. He smiled at her encouragingly before taking in the sight of her. His hands slid down her arms, and around her shoulders. Then he bent his mouth to her chest, and began to circle her breast with kisses.

His tongue snaked out and he began to tease her nipple. She curled her fingers through his hair, and held him close to her. Then he sucked her nipple into his mouth.

Her legs tightened about him. She felt the barest brush of his teeth, and it set her whole body trembling in anticipation.

There was a single knock on the door, which opened suddenly as Robin stepped in, "Dad I-" he didn't finish. Instead Buffy could hear the door slam shut behind her.

She squealed in embarrassment as she scrambled off of Spike's lap. Her hands covered her chest, as she looked for her shirt. Thankfully, Robin had gone back into the hall.

Spike was cursing as he got up, grabbed his shirt, and headed out the door. Buffy found her shirt and bra. As she was putting them on, she could hear angry voices coming from the hallway, although she couldn't understand the words.

Despite wanting to crawl under the bed and die from humiliation, once she was dressed she opened the door and stepped outside.

As soon as he saw her, an angry Robin turned on her and said, "Shouldn't you be out killing vampires or something?"

Buffy had been ready to apologize, but Robin's harsh tone drove all thoughts of that from her head.

"If you haven't noticed, the sun's still out. We professionals don't consider it the best time for vampire hunting."

"Professional what?" Robin shot back at her.

Spike snarled; his features shifted to his demonic aspect, and he raised his hand. He never struck. Instead, both he and Robin froze. Gold eyes turned back into shame filled blue ones.

"I'm sorry," Spike whispered in a horse voice, "I'd never. . ." he took off down the hall toward the basement of the building, and the access to the sewers, leaving Buffy and Robin alone in the hall.

"Look, I'm sorry. It didn't occur to me that you were living with Spike. It should have, but. . . " Buffy tried to make peace.

"I'm not. I just came by to- It's none of your business." And uncomfortable silence stretched between the two of them. "He's old enough to be your father you know."

"Yeah, he's old enough to be my grandfather's father. It's weird, I know, and not just because of the age thing. But I love him, and I figure I should be in love while I can. I'm the Slayer, the one chosen not to have long term plans. If I don't live in the now, I don't really get a chance to live."

"And while you're making out with my dad, who's making sure everyone else has a chance to live?"

"Hey! I do my job. And it is MY job. What are you doing here anyway? Angelus killed your mother, I know that, and I'll take care of it. You have a life. I mean you just graduated from college right? Shouldn't you be looking for a job or something? Not hunting demons."

"You may be the Slayer, Buffy," he said her name with disdain. "But you don't know anything about me, or my mother. I will finish this thing with Angelus, even if-"

"It gets you killed?" Buffy asked. Then she softened her voice. "Look, you're right, I don't know what it's like to lose your mother, and I don't know you. But I do know Slayers. I know what it's like to be a teenage girl and be told that you're going to spend the rest of your life in graveyards fighting just to see one more day. I know what it's like to think you'll be lucky if you make it to eighteen. I know what it's like to have some British guy show up one day and tell you that you don't have a future anymore. And I bet your mom, whenever she looked at you, thought she had a future again, thought that you could have all the things she was never going to have. It's not fair to her, or to you that she died, but don't you think she'd rather have you live your life, then throw it away for revenge."

"You're wrong," he said, while backing away from her. "You don't know us. You don't know anything." He took off, leaving her all alone.