Chapter 20 Reptile Boy (Part 2 of 3)

Buffy was gathering her stuff together after class when Cordelia came into the room.

"Buffy! Did you lose weight? And your hair... All right, I respect you too much to be dishonest. The hair's a little... Well, that really isn't the point here, is it? The Zeta Kappas have to have a certain balance at their party, and Richard explained it all to me, but I was so busy really listening that I didn't hear much. Anyway, the deal is they need you to go. And, if you don't go, I can't. And I'm talking about Richard Anderson, okay? As in Anderson Farms, Anderson Aeronautics," she was becoming really excited. "And Anderson Cosmetics." She sobbed. "Well, you see why I HAVE to go. Buffy, these men are rich. And I am NOT being shallow. Think of all the poor people I could help with all my money!"

"Cordelia, I can't go. I have duty responsibility, a boyfriend. . ."

"So? I won't tell anyone you were out in public with me."

"Gee, thanks. Look, I'd like to, well actually I wouldn't."

"But-"

"No."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Giles came out of his office into the main part of the library carrying a sword behind his back and looked around. Seeing there was no one there he started practicing a few thrusts to his front and back. He spun around and thrust again.

"Will you be ready if a vampire's behind you?" He said to an imaginary Buffy.

He thrust the sword behind him, pretending he just jabbed one. He raised the sword above his head to stab his pretend fallen victim. He didn't see Buffy, Willow and Xander come in through the door until he heard it close.

Upon noticing them, he tried to make it look like he hadn't been doing anything.

"I didn't see you three... creeping about."

He tossed the sword through the open cage door and kicked the door shut.

"Um, how did it go last night?" Giles asked Buffy.

"Found this," she said, handing him the bracelet.

Giles peered at the inscription. "E-N-T."

"I've seen something like that before," Willow said, scrunching her brow in thought.

"It's broken in two. I don't know what the rest of the letters might have spelled. And there's blood on it," Buffy pointed out.

"Uh, I didn't see any," Giles said, looking closer.

"Spike showed up. He could smell it."

"The blood?" said Xander making his gross face. "There's a guy you wanna party with."

"Blood," Giles commented absentmindedly.

"In Sunnydale. What a surprise," said Willow.

"Okay, here's what we're gonna do," suggested Xander. "She should probably make the rounds again tonight, and we should try to figure out who that bracelet belongs to."

"Yes, good idea," Giles agreed. "Yes. She'll patrol, and, and we'll reconvene..."

"Uh, hello? She's standing right here? And what if I weren't available?" Buffy said, grabbing the others attention.

"Why wouldn't you be?" Giles, asked confused.

"Well, for instance. . . Cordelia invited me to a frat party, what if I wanted to go?"

"Buffy, I think this is more important than a college party," Giles said annoyed.

"That's not the point. The point is you assume that I have nothing to do. That I have no life."

"You're the Slayer, which comes with-"

"Certain responsibilities. I know Giles, I just wish, I wish that maybe you would entertain the idea that I might have something better to do than spend my night in graveyards. "

"Maybe you could get Spike to help, after all he was the one who knew about the blood," suggested Willow, trying to mollify her friend.

Buffy jumped on the suggestion at once. "Good idea. I'll see what Spike knows, you guys research the bracelet. Bye," she said as she went out the door of the library.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Buffy forced herself to walk slowly to Spike's apartment. It was still light out, so he probably wouldn't be up, and she felt bad about waking him. She'd even stopped by a convenience store on the way, to satisfy her sweet tooth by grabbing a lollipop. But that hadn't killed much time, or done anything for her Spike jones.

Finally, she stood in front of his door, unsure of what to do. She didn't want him to start getting annoyed at her for constantly waking him up. On the other hand, if he was sleeping, she might catch him shirtless again. Not that there was anything wrong with dressed Spike, just meant she could undress him.

Buffy blushed at her own thoughts and the spreading dampness between her legs. She realized that she kind of wanted to undress him all the way. She sucked hard on her lollipop and tried to divert her curious mind away from thoughts of naked Spike.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"If we hit them during the day, you, me, the Slayer-"

"I turn into a pile of ash, remember, I'm a vampire too," Spike told Robin impatiently.

To Spike's dismay Robin was only getting more and more stubborn in his desire to kill Angelus. Not that Spike wouldn't love to see Angelus on the end of something wooden and pointy. However, if Angelus found out about Robin, god only knew what he'd do to him, just to hurt Spike.

Now Robin had found the old factory where Angelus was staying and wanted to assault it. Even if Angelus did have a good twenty or so minions around. Not to mention the possibility that he'd brought Drusilla with him.

He should have kept a closer eye on Robin the other night, but instead he's gone to see Buffy. It had been about a week since Robin had walked in on them, and he hadn't seen her since. It had been driving him nuts.

Suddenly Spike noticed a second heart beat, just outside his apartment door. Then the scent hit him, Buffy, and not just Buffy. A Buffy who was very eager to see him. On the one hand, he was delighted that she was so close, on the other he didn't want there to be another confrontation with Robin.

Even so, he opened the door, idly wondering why she was just standing there. As he opened the door, she jumped back startled. The moment he saw her, he felt his cock start to harden. Not only did she smell absolutely delicious, but she was sucking on a lollipop, her cheeks caved in.

'Oh, god,' he thought. 'Was she thinking about. . . Did she come here to. . ?' he wouldn't let himself complete that thought, knowing he'd be completely lost if he did.

Swallowing hard he said, "Come on in, pet."

She took the lollipop out to smile at him. Then she saw Robin and frowned.

"Hey," she said as she came in. Then her tongue came out to lick the base of her lollipop.

Spike quickly moved aside to let her in, and to lean against the armchair so as to hide his growing erection. Not even Robin's presence could interfere with the direction his blood was flowing.

"You come by here rather often I see," Robin said aggressively.

"Well, yeah, Spike and I work and train together and stuff." She put the lollipop back in her mouth and sucked it in and out.

Spike didn't think he could take much more. Then he realized that he wasn't the only one being effected by Buffy's show. Robin's scent told him that his son's mind was moving along similar lines.

Spike almost leapt across the room to toss Robin out.

'How dare he think of MY Buffy that way,' Spike thought. He managed to keep his temper under control. Instead he opened the door.

"Work which doesn't concern you," he said through gritted teeth. Both Buffy and Robin were looking at him strangely. "Out!"

To his surprise Robin didn't argue, just grabbed his coat and left. Spike slammed the door behind him, and then turned on Buffy.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he demanded, snatching the lollipop away from her.

"What? Do I get a lecture on tooth decay now, DAD?" Buffy said, but under her anger Spike could hear the hurt, and she looked almost as if she was going to cry.

"I'm sorry, pet, I didn't mean to yell at you," he said softening.

"So why don't you get rid of the bumpies, then?" Buffy asked softly.

Surprised, Spike suddenly realized that he must have vamped when he yelled at Robin. He couldn't remember the last time he'd unintentionally vamped. So much for self control. He concentrated until his face reverted back.

"What did I do anyway? And what's your problem with my sugar addiction?" she asked, trying to cover her hurt with a joke.

He laughed, not at her, but at himself. He so often forgot how young and innocent she was. He gave her back her sweet.

"Nothing. You didn't do anything. It's me. Forget about it."

"Like that's going to happen. Tell me. I want, correction, I need to know what got you so upset that you went all grr," Buffy insisted. "Were you fighting with Robin again?" she asked concerned.

"Yeah, it was Robin. He. . . Never knew anyone I loved could piss me off so much."

"Well, I know just the thing. Patrolling. If we're lucky we'll find some vamps to beat up. Besides, I told Giles I'd look for more clues about that necklace."

"Sun won't be down for another half hour. We'll have to find some way to occupy ourselves," he said, moving closer to her.

She ran one hand up his chest and behind his neck, kissing him gently on the lips. Then she realized that she was still holding the lollipop.

"What a choice," she joked. "Sugar or Spike."

She looked around for somewhere to dispose of the candy, but Spike stopped her.

"Why not have both?" he asked as he picked her up and carried her over to the armchair.

He sat down settling Buffy into his lap. Then he began to kiss her neck and caress her back.

"Go ahead love," he encouraged looking at the lollipop.

She put it in her mouth and sucked it for a second. Then she took it back out and looked at him.

"This is silly. Wouldn't you rather have me kissing you instead of sucking on. . ." comprehension dawned on her face. "Oh."

"Does it bother you?" he asked cautiously. He had no idea how she would react to his thoughts.

"No, I mean I never thought of. . . Does that mean you want me to. . ?"

"Not now, you're not ready, I can tell. I don't want you doing anything you're not comfortable with. But later, yeah. That would be. . . nice."

"Nice?" she giggled. "Well, in the mean time I guess I should just take advantage of being allowed to indulge all my desires." She blushed at her own words, but she snuggled more into his lap allowing his erection to dig into her buttocks.

He wrapped his arms tightly around her, and began nuzzling her again as she went back to sucking on her treat.

Just as Buffy began licking the base of the sucker again, the phone rang.

"Bollocks!" cursed Spike.

"Think it's important?" Buffy asked, equally annoyed.

"Well, it's either about switching my long distance service or someone's life is in peril. No one really calls me about much else."

"If it's the phone company, someone's life may still be in danger," Buffy teased as she got up.

He smiled at her, and got up to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Yes, Spike. It's Giles. Willow and I found out something interesting about that bracelet you and Buffy found. The girl it belonged to disappeared, and other girls have been disappearing every year at the same time for quite some time now. Most likely it's some sort of anniversary for the killer. We should examine the place where you found it for more clues."

"Right, well, that'll have to wait a bit, seeing how it's still bright and sunny out, but Buffy and I can meet you at the cemetery once the sun is down."

"Yes, right. We'll see you then."

Spike hung up the phone and turned back to Buffy.

"So where were we?" he asked.