Chapter 30: Surprise (Part 1 of )

Buffy tossed and turned in her bed, unable to sleep. She woke with a start and put her hand to her head. She turned on her lamp and let out a sigh. Then she picked up a glass from the night-stand, to drink. But the glass was empty, so she got up to refill it.

She walked down the hallway, unaware of Drusilla who walked silently behind her. Buffy opened the bathroom door and entered the Bronze. The room was crowded and somewhere the band played a soft ballad.

Willow was sitting at a table with a large cup of cappuccino and an organ grinder's monkey.

Willow spoke to the monkey, "L'hippo a pique' ses pantalons."

Willow smiled and waved at Buffy, who waved back. Then she saw her mother who was dressed up.

"Is it time?" her mother asked.

"What?" Buffy asked.

Her mother tried to pick up a champagne glass, but knocked it over. The sound of the glass shattering reverberated through the entire club. Her mother walked away.

Buffy looked around the room, and passed by Willow who was still talking to the monkey. Buffy pushed through the crowd to the stage, but there was no band playing. She turned around and saw Spike standing by the pool table. She smiled at him and he smiled back as he started to walk to her.

Suddenly Drusilla appeared behind him wearing her game face. Before Buffy could say anything, Drusilla thrust a stake into Spike's back.

"SPIKE!" Buffy screamed.

They reached out for each other but before Buffy could touch him, he turned to dust. The rings on his fingers clattered to the floor.

"Happy New Year, Buffy." Drusilla said.

Buffy sat upright in her bed, waking from her nightmare. Her heart was pounding. She could still feel the loss of Spike, even if it had only been a dream.

She showered and dressed quickly. Her mother was barely up when Buffy was out of the door. She had to check on Spike.

She ran to his apartment. She was about to knock on his door when she heard a moan and the sounds of a fight. Terrified that he was being hurt, Buffy burst through his door and stopped dead in her tracks.

Spike was sitting in his armchair in front of the TV. He wasn't wearing a shirt, and his jeans were only halfway up his hips. He was stroking an erection with one hand. Her mouth hung open, her eyes were glued to the sight, until she heard her own voice coming from the TV.

"Buffy?!" Spike got up and tried to put his pants back on.

Buff ignored him for the moment, and walked around to where she could see the TV screen. Spike noticing where her attention had wandered, dove to turn it off. The set went off, but not before Buffy saw footage of her fighting a vampire. Judging by the clothes and the way she'd been wearing her hair, the video had been made sometime last year.

"Buffy. . . Look. . . this isn't. . . " Spike tried to think up an excuse.

Buffy couldn't help but giggle. She was pretty sure that if vampires could blush, Spike would be red as a beet.

"Was that. . ? Where did you get that video?" she asked.

"It's not what you think. I. . . last year, before we started training together, I filmed you, so I'd know how you fought. So I could train you better. That's all I swear." There was a comical look of terror on his face.

"And now you use them to. . . " Buffy's stern voice faltered.

She wasn't mad at Spike. It was kind of weird, but she was actually flattered. To know that he didn't look at other women when he was alone, but her. She really was his fantasy girl. She was what he thought about when he touched himself.

Himself. My what a big himself it was, too. Not that she had anything to compare him to. Suddenly she felt a little shy and nervous as she wondered how she could ever fit that much inside herself.

"Well I. . . What are you doing here this time of morning?" he tried to change the subject.

She wished she could get the subject back around to Spike's sexual practices, and his sexual parts, but didn't know how.

"Um. . . I-I had this. . . dream that Drusilla was alive." As soon as she spoke the words her fear and sorrow returned, driving away thoughts of Spike's body.

"What happened?"

"She killed you. Right in front of me." She felt like she might cry.

"Was it? Was it a Slayer dream, pet?" He put one hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"I don't know. It felt so real, though. . ." she began to sob.

He pulled her close, and Buffy found her cheek pressed against his bare chest.

"It's okay, luv. I'm sure it was nothing. Just a dream." He stroked her hair.

She placed her hand against his chest. She was getting all quivery again. It was hard to be sad, hard to be frightened when she was being held tightly against that especially manly chest. Buffy was overcome with the desire to lick him. To taste his skin.

It was only when she heard him moan, "Buffy," that she realized that she'd actually done it.

"You're not mad at me?" he asked, shyly.

"Actually, I was wondering if you wanted any help," she said coyly. Then she was embarrassed by her brazenness "I mean, not that you need help. I'm sure you know what you're doing much better than mmm-"

He silenced her with a kiss. His tongue filled her open mouth, desperately seeking to explore her. She felt him sweep her up into his arms as her own tongue reached out for him. She gripped his shoulders tightly, unaware that her nails were biting into his skin.

He didn't break the kiss until he had laid her down on his bed. She gasped for breath as he looked deep in her eyes.

"What exactly did you have in mind?" he asked. His hand untucked her shirt and his thumb began to trace circles on her stomach.

"I thought. . .I meant. . . "

"It's okay, baby. Just tell me what you want."

"I could touch you. . . you know, do what you were. . . doing."

He smiled at her. "Well. . . if that's what you want. . ." he was practically purring.

There was a hungry look in his eyes. The thought of getting him off, made Buffy squeeze her legs together. She was growing both tingly and wet down there.

He took her hand and placed it against the bulge in his jeans. Taking the cue, Buffy unfastened them and his cock spilled into her hands.

"Hoo," she exhaled as her fingers curled around his cool length.

He moaned, and caught her lower lip with his mouth. He began to kiss her gently. His hand closed over hers, and their hands began to move together.

"That's it. . . baby. Yeah. . . just like that," he murmured between kisses.

She pulled back from his kissing to ask "Is it good?"

"So good, baby. So soft. Your thumb. . ." his own thumb pushed hers up so that it ran over the head of his cock at the top of a stroke. "Just like that," he panted.

He took his hand away, and placed it on her inner thigh. He gripped her leg hard, and began to rub it. In response she squeezed him.

"Oh, God!" he cried, then he attacked her mouth. He was back to the desperate kisses they'd shared earlier. He rolled on top of her as he tried to devour her. He moaned as he kissed her, and he began to thrust against her hand.

She squeezed him tighter, and he gasped. His hand moved from her thigh to her ass, and he gripped her tightly.

"That's it. . . please yes. . . Buffy!

Her own excitement grew as she pumped him faster and faster. She found one of his legs between hers, and she began to rub herself against him. The friction of their bodies sent shivers all the way up her spine.

Suddenly he pulled away from her, rolling onto his back.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked.

"God, no, pet. Everything right. Just didn't want to make a mess of your clothes."

"Oh." She hadn't really thought of that.

He reached across her to pull a black silken handkerchief out of the bedside table as he finished kicking off his pants. She took it from him. She felt a little silly because it took her a few tries to find a way to cover the tip of his cock, and still allow her to stroke him. As she did so, she sat up, straddling his leg again, needing the contact between their bodies.

She began to rub him and herself at the same time. She was almost disappointed at the rapid pace that he came. Still, hearing him scream her name, seeing his face contort with pleasure was wonderful. The only problem was that now that he was done, she felt silly rubbing herself against him.

She lay next to him. He took the handkerchief from her and discarded it. Then he put his arm under her head and played with her hair. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and began to purr. His other hand rested on her thigh and he began to caress it with his thumb.

"Now how am I ever going to pay you back for that?" he asked rhetorically.

Slowly his hand slid up her thigh. Instinctively, she pulled apart her legs to make room for his hand.

The tips of his fingers ran lightly over the crotch of her panties, sending little tingles through her. He began to trace little circles on the fabric. She tried pressing herself against him, but he pulled his hand back. She whimpered.

"Do me a favor, luv?" he asked.

She was willing to do anything he wanted, as long as it would get him touching her again, so she nodded.

"Suck on my finger. Get it nice and wet."

He proffered the finger to her, and she took it in her mouth and sucked hard on it. She never would have thought that that could be such a deliciously dirty act. He pulled it slowly from her mouth, then his hand was back between her legs.

He slipped his hand in the waistband of her panties, and slipped them down around her legs. Then for the first time he was touching her down there without anything between them. She gasped as his finger gently spread her folds open. Then he gently slipped his damp finger inside her.

She inhaled sharply. She'd never felt anything fill her before. Slowly he began to move his finger in and out of her.

"Oh boy," she exhaled. Suddenly she was aware she'd been holding her breath.

She closed her eyes as the new feelings started to spread through her.

"Hey now," Spike called softly to her. "None of that. Look at me."

Her eyes flew open and she found herself caught in his cerulean eyes, and the desire she saw reflected in them. Time seemed to stop as she gazed lovingly into his eyes. Then a second finger entered her. She gasped.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Wonderful," she breathed as she began to move slowly in time to him.

His thumb then brushed lightly against her clit.

"Ahhh," she cried as sparks flew up to her womb.

He smiled wickedly at her, then his mouth caught hers in a kiss as his thumb began to rub her clit. As soon as he began to kiss her, she rolled up against him. She grabbed him by the shoulders and dug her fingers into him.

He began to increase his speed, and she gladly pushed harder and harder against him. She felt like that ball of sparks that had been growing inside her was going to explode. She needed it to. It was more sensation than she'd ever felt in her life. She loved it, and yet was overwhelmed by it.

He mouth tore away from Spike's as she screamed, "YES! Spike!"

Her whole body seemed to shake as she exploded. She couldn't breath, couldn't control her body as she bucked against Spike's hand.

As the world came back into focus, she gasped for breath. Spike pulled his fingers out of her, leaving a tingly trail down her insides.

"Wow," she said.

He smiled at her, his tongue peeking out between his teeth. Suddenly she could think of all sorts of things that tongue might do to her, and another tremor ran down her body.

"You like that, luv?" he teased her.

"Uh-huh," she nodded. Sentences were definitely beyond her at the moment.

He put his fingers in his mouth, and sucked her juices off of them.

He chuckled. "Good to know I haven't lost my touch."

"No, touching was of the good." She smiled up at him and snuggled against his bare chest.

She was just considering if maybe she should be a little nakeder herself, when Spike yawned.

"Sorry," he apologized.

"Oh man. It's time for you to be sleeping, isn't it? I should get going anyway. My mom will wonder where I ran off to this early in the morning. You're coming tonight, right?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

"I know it's kind of last minute, and I should of thought of it before, but does Robin want to come? We could introduce him as. . . Well, I don't know, but we could think of something."

He laughed. "What kind of teenager are you anyway, pet? Robin made up some excuse about spending the New Year looking for vampires preying off of partygoers, but I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want to be saddled with the old man."

"You're not so old. Well, okay, technically you're ancient, but you're cool. I think he's silly."

Spike yawned again. "Thanks pet, nice to know that I'm a hip cradle-robber." He kissed her lightly on the lips. "See ya tonight."