Chapter10-You, Me, and He

One month had passed and Buffy was impressed with the effort Riley was making to improve their relationship. The old Riley was slowly reemerging. She wasn't expecting him to change overnight. It was going to take some time but she didn't want to place a timetable on it. The new Riley had taken her to the movies something he always told her he never had time for in the past. Whenever they were together, he turned off his cell phone and stopped talking about work but never stopped talking about himself. Since he made so many changes, she was willing to overlook that issue by changing the topic of conversation they both could share in. Occasionally he did stay late after work, but called her to let her know or just to tell her he was thinking about her. They stayed in more watching TV, listening to Jazz and renting videos. He still gave her presents but they were less expensive and extravagant and more meaningful. He'd given her a Movado watch because he remembered her telling him hers was broken. After she complained about a stressful workweek with meeting deadlines, he surprised her with a home spa complete with massage table, oils, hot bath, fluffy robe and slippers. Riley even played masseuse rather then pay to have a stranger do it. Things were going really well and seemed to be headed in the right direction but something kept nagging in the back of her mind. Things seemed to be going a little to well that it almost seemed too good to be true. She tired to shed those haunting thoughts and remain positive.

Buffy had to admit it seemed like overkill when Riley had taken a week off from work to visit his family in Iowa. He hadn't seen his family in a year. They'd taken vacations before but usually to exotic places. Riley never wanted to go back home. Sometimes he avoided answering questions whenever some one asked him where he was from. She knew he was ashamed to answer. Unfortunately, they didn't stay the entire week. Riley was getting homesick for New York and his constant complaining bugged her. She enjoyed the country more than the Hamptons. The people from his hometown were genuine and friendly something she found refreshing. She realized it was a good idea to return to New York after the old Riley started making comments about the townspeople being country bumpkins. She was embarrassed for him and quickly remedied the situation by reminding him he used to be one too that was when she became suspicious that maybe his changes in behavior weren't real. However, she couldn't think of a reason why he would go through all the trouble. Again, she suppressed her doubts.

She and Riley only argued once during the entire month, when she discovered Riley had listened to a message on her answering machine. The sneaky bastard confessed only when during a visit to her doctor, his assistant mentioned she'd left a message regarding her birth control pills. Buffy didn't remember that day seeing a message on her machine and figured Riley listened to it and wasn't smart enough to press the save button. Quickly, the argument ended when Riley became suspicious but Buffy handled the situation, telling him it was a surprise for him because she knew he hated using condoms. The real truth was she hated using them with Spike.

Sex with Riley improved. He was more attentive in a clumsy sort of way but Buffy managed to work around it by getting on top more and holding his hands to her breasts. Unfortunately, he was still unable to give her an orgasm. Patience wasn't her strong suit but she couldn't have everything. Truth was she still loved Riley and over the last four weeks she was beginning to develop some familiar feelings for him. After all, they had a two-year history. She realized the good outweighed the bad when one morning she made a list of the good and bad things about their relation- ship. Staring at the list she noticed the trouble started with them eight months ago around the same time he was dubbed the "King of Wall Street". Then it was goodbye jeans and hello Gucci. She also realized she couldn't blame all their problems on him. She allowed herself to get caught up in the hype and neglect their relationship by not bothering to speak up when Riley was further gone then she was. Therefore, she owed it to their relationship to give it a second chance. If it didn't work out she could at least say she tried.

Unbeknownst to Spike, Buffy had made her choice. Since Riley's return they hadn't spoken. She dialed his number a few times but didn't have the heart to continue, hanging up after the first ring. She missed Spike and it was extremely difficult not to think about him. Luckily she had her work to keep her busy. Plenty had piled up on her desk during those two exquisite months they spent inseparable. However, it was those nights when she lay in bed alone as the moonlight shined through her bedroom window that she would find herself awake thinking about him. The moonlight served as a reminder of the night she watched it illuminate his muscular body after some intense lovemaking. Buffy smiled remembering that night well. It was the same night she realized she needed to make a choice between him and Riley. It was the same night the song "Only Time" spun its truthful words around them. It was the same night she almost told him she loved him. Strangely, she recalled she may have told him in the heat of the moment through sexual ramblings but since he didn't mention it to her she never gave it another thought. She remembered the tears she wiped away, wondering if they knew something she didn't like the choice she made. Perhaps it was her tears that wept for Spike.

Several weeks had passed and not a word from Buffy. Spike missed her. He missed her smile, her touch, and just her period. He tried not to call her, wanting to give her some time with the wanker. He assumed everything had turned out fine when Riley showed up unannounced. He knew she had tried to call him several times but each time he answered his phone no one was there. He figured she couldn't talk maybe because Riley was around. Spike grinned knowing he was fooling himself. It was impossible for Riley to be with her 24/7. If Buffy really wanted to talk to him, she knew where he lived and worked. He wasn't hard. Spike refused to call her not wanting to put her in an awkward position to explain why she dumped him for someone he knew wasn't making her happy. Unbeknownst to Buffy, Spike wasn't going to go without a fight for what he wanted. As he sat in his cab thinking about her, he decided he was going to make sure she knew it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Buffy...there's a delivery for you.''

"Could you bring it into my office, please"

The door opened and in walked Buffy's coworker, smiling from ear to ear.
The first thing that caught Buffy's eye was the single red rose sticking out of the decorative bag. Wide-eyed and flushed, she shifted in her seat holding back a smile. The coworker sat the bag on her desk waiting to find out whom it was from but Buffy excused her. She opened the bag and inside was a Hershey's candy bar, a small rhinestone tiara and a CD. Buffy recognized the CD immediately. It was the one Spike played for her the night she realized she was falling in love with him. Also inside was a note with the words "Only Time". Buffy had fallen back into the black leather chair, reading the note over and over again. She needed to stop avoiding him. She left work early and headed home to change out of her work clothes. When she arrived at her front door, she noticed another single red rose placed between the doorframe and the handle. She opened the door, overwhelmingly blinded by the sight of what looked like hundreds and hundreds of red roses through out her apartment. Everywhere she looked there was a vase or a basket filled with the beautiful flowers. Her blood pressure rose and her mouth dropped as she walked further into her home. She noticed a white envelope propped up against one of the vases. She opened it and smiled. Spike had written her another poem.

SERIOUS

It's as serious
As your life
When smoke gets in your eyes
And a beautiful lady
Lights a fire in your bones
And nothing will be as it was tomorrow

And nothing will be as it was tomorrow
As the magic of passion
Lays arsenic and old lust upon your tongue
And the sharps and flats
Or reality vanish in the dark
Of the dark

As you shake me
Up and down
Like a pair of dice
And all the liquids
Turn from tepid water into steam
And you, so sure and so serene
Ballets on the secret dream within your dream

And nothing will be ever
As it was today
With your toes feeling
Like the roots of eternity
Making love to the dust whence you came
And you are elevated
Six stories down
With your emotions gone totally astray
In the fastbreak narrative of pillow talk

And you can no longer see
To find the beacon lights of home,
Because it's as serious
As your life when a your lady lays you out
Among her petals and her thorns
I howl like a hurricane
With a volcano in my bone
And nothing will be nothing will be
As it was as it was as it was
tomorrow

Buffy stood in her rose garden, mouth opened wide, eyes glazed over, with flushed skin. Beads of sweat graced her forehead. She fanned herself with the envelope feeling hot and needing the sturdiness of the couch. She was still unable to take it all in paralyzed by Spike's passion and confused at the same time. Spike had no commitment or obligation to her yet he wanted to love her and she wanted to be loved. He had a part of her soul she wanted back. Building enough energy to stand, she walked into her bedroom and changed. Before opening the door to leave, she'd taken one last look at her roses.

Spike looked at his clock, thinking Buffy discovered what he'd done. It was a risk but she was worth it he thought. He nursed the glass of bourbon in his hand while he sat in the dark. The only light in the room came from the streetlights, giving the living room a peaceful luminous vibe. One thought plagued his mind. What if his plan backfired? Instead of taking Buffy from Riley what if he pushed her away. A knock at the door jolted him out of his thoughts. He knew it was Buffy. He opened the door then stood to the side, gesturing for her to come in.

"Hello, luv"

"Hi"

"It's been a long time."

"I know"

"Come to dump me properly this time or are you going to let me love you."

Spike had caught Buffy off guard with his straight forwardness.

"I can't do this anymore."

"Then why are you here...you could have just continued to stay away."

"I knew I had to tell you to your face...I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry...we had fun right...I'm a big boy...I'll get over it...It's not like I didn't know what I was getting myself into...However, I had to be true to myself and at least try to fight for you."

"The roses...why so many."

"It's how I feel...how you make me feel." Spike replied walking toward her until he was only inches away from her face.

Buffy shuddered from the nearness of him. She swallowed before speaking.

"How I'm I going to explain it?"

"Just say they were delivered to the wrong place, the wrong person...I'm sure you'll find a way...seeing that you two are still together...I take it his return proved no problem for you." Spike replied, running his hand along her cheek.

Buffy looked into Spike's eyes, trying to control her breathing. Her plan was to tell him it was over and leave quickly but he was touching her. It was gentle and disarming.

"No...don't," she said, looking down at the floor.

"Do you love him?"

Buffy was unable to respond.

"Look at me. Do you love him?"

"Yes" she said, looking away as tears filled her eyes.

Spike knew Buffy was lieing and called her on it.

"You don't have to lie to me, pet"

Buffy raised her head realizing Spike was seeing right through her. However, she did love Riley she just wasn't in love with him anymore.

"Does he love you?"

"Of course he does"

"You're not happy." Spike said, leaning in to skim his mouth over her.

Buffy closed her eyes while his lips hovered around hers and their breath mingled.

"Spike" She said, opening her eyes after the orgasmic whisper of his name.

"Buffy"

They stared at each other for one second and it was over. Their lips joined as Buffy melted into Spike's arms and in an instant the kiss changed from a smooth mellow dance into a sexual debate of tongues. Without separating, Spike had taken her by the waist swiftly, holding her close. Buffy was the first to break the kiss.

She backed away.

"I can't...we can't."

"You can't run from what you know you want." Spike replied, roughly pulling Buffy up against him again. He kissed her, taking possession of he mouth then breaking away.

"Say it...say you want me...say you want me to love you."

Buffy looked into Spike's passion-filled eyes and grew weak.

"I want you to love me."

Spike smiled, smothering Buffy with kisses while he backed her into the bedroom. The journey seemed endless. Spike wanted to make love to her with a wild hunger. He removed her denim jacket and pulled her t-shirt over her head then resumed kissing her. Buffy wasn't in control any more. Floods of emotions erupted inside her making her body alert with nothing but want for him. Standing beside the bed, Spike removed Buffy's bra then his t-shirt. Her nipples pouted under his gaze.

"Lay back, luv"

Buffy responded, sitting on the edge of the bed first then scooting backwards.

"Not too far."

Spike kneeled before her, removing her shoes then reaching up to remove her jeans along with her pretty pink panties. He inhaled her scent and an abundance of salvia moistened his tongue. He stood up and leaned over her inserting two fingers inside her warmth. Buffy closed her eyes and jerked with a sigh. He lowered his head to rain kisses on her breasts then his lips closed around one puckered nipple then the other. She watched him, running her fingers through his hair, rapidly inhaling and exhaling. Buffy was falling into a bottomless pit of pleasure as Spike continued to work the curve of his fingers. He was guaranteeing her orgasm by stopping in mid curve to press at her sweet spongy flesh. He kissed and licked her midriff then lapped at her navel like a kitten would milk adding more pressure to her sweet spot until she came. Spike felt the hot cream-colored liquid coat his fingers and seep into the loose skin in between the others. He retracted his sticky fingers and placed them into his mouth then hers. Her taste was sweet, arousing and more potent then a shot of vodka. The smell of her own scent hovering between her nose and dry lips solicited Buffy's eyes to open followed by her mouth. Staring into Spike's adoring eyes, she tasted herself and teased his fingers with her tongue while she let her thumb play in his pre-cum. She brought her thumb to her mouth and extended her tongue to drag her thumb down the length of it. Spike's cock irregularly pulsed at the sight, drawing out another inch.

He returned to his kneeling positioning and placed Buffy's quivering legs over his shoulders. He planted a kiss insider her inner thighs then pressed his tongue wide against her, licking away the signs of her first orgasm. Transforming his tongue from wide and flat to long and firm he probed her moist sex. She clasped her ankles in place holding him in position. Spike talented hands gripped her hips and thighs while his tongue inhabited her center. Buffy was unable to find a balance between rational thought and utter confusion. Aborting all thought was the best answer, having done it so many times under his touch. Her moans narrated her pleasure while his tongue coerced another orgasm out of her. It made two no four she didn't know resigning to the fact it was hard to keep track of multiple orgasms.

Spike unlocked and removed her legs from his shoulders, using his strength to wrap one of his arms around her waist to carry her up the bed. Buffy held onto to him tight accepting the difference between male and female. His masculine strength cradling her delicate feminine form was an instant turn on. Spike eyes blazed with emotion and his bottom lip began to tremble. He cupped her cheek staring into her eyes.

'Don't let this end...don't let this end."

"Things are different now...I feel if we continue. It would feel more like I'm using you and I don't want to do that."

"There really isn't no complaining her pet...use me up...I have to have you."

"I can't."

"Shhh...It may not be what you expect...I thought I was in your heart, Buffy."

"You are...its just that my heart changes."

"You don't love him anymore."

Buffy turned away.

Spike sensed her uneasiness. Now wasn't the time to talk about the pounce. He wanted to ease her troubled mind.

"Look at me." He said, placing his finger under her chin.

Spike lowered his head finding her lips in a desperate search to find her feelings. Buffy responded with a deep hungry kiss and anxious hands. Spike pulled away from her and smiled. He had found what he was looking for. Now it was time to ease her tortured-soul.

"I'll be her waiting...waiting for you to love me back."

Buffy was unable to speak shocked by his words and the open invitation of love in his eyes.

"Why do you love me?" she asked, wanting to know what was it about her that made it difficult for Spike to let her go.

Spike smiled at the easy question.

"I love the sound of your voice...the way you dress... your smile...intelligence...the way you move... the way you feel...they way you smell...the way your skin taste...the way you come...the way you look at me and how it makes me feel...like anything is possible."

Buffy was about to speak.

"Shhhh...let me finish....I fell for you hook, line and sinker. I don't want you say anything...just let me be with you, hold you and kiss you...pet even the angels know it's right...what's between you and me."

Buffy tried to speak once again but Spike shook his head from side to side.

"No more talking...just take me inside you."

Spike's frustrated erection ached for her. He touched the gate of her femininity then grabbed the base to direct it around in circular motions before he entered her. The pace was a mixture of desperate fucking and slow lovemaking. Buffy was behaving like an addict willing, wanting and needing. She clung to him as they bounced on the mattress while Spike gave her all he had and she took all she wanted. He'd spun a passionate web around her causing her heart to swell with emotions. She was tired of second guessing her heart. She loved Spike but she honored his words and didn't speak.

The lover's cohesion was a unique tangle of heat, heart and tongues. Her pleasure formed his name many times and this time was no different. The heat between them seemed to engulf the room. Spike pulled out of her turning her over and fucking her from behind. Buffy whimpered out loud, feeling even more pleasure from the new position. Grunt after grunt he worked his cock into unlocking the mysteries of her depths and solving everyone of with thrusts so forceful the headboard was introduced to the wall a few times. Buffy gripped and pulled the sheets from their tucked place exposing the bar mattress. No longer having its support, she grabbed the headboard. Spike covered her backside and placed his hands over hers, pushing into her and feeling her pushing back. He whispered into her ear. "My sweet sexy Buffy" and she lost it, coming soon after the pronouncing of her name. He continued to pound out his orgasm until he couldn't anymore. After a few of restorative breaths, he eased out of her to lower himself down her body and rest his head on her sweaty buttocks.

A secret joy danced across Buffy's face while she laid her head on the soft pillow with her partially opened mouth. She was still quivering with want but the numerous orgasms kidnapped her strength. Spike kissed and fondled her ass, slowly working his way up her body. He turned them over to their sides, spooning her. His draped his arm lazily over the dip of her flesh between her hip and waist while his other arm lay across the pillow above her head. He buried his face into her damp hair and dozed off. Buffy climbed out of his bed searching for her clothes. She dressed then sat on the bed to put on her shoes. She tried to stand but Spike grabbed her hand, pulling her back down. He kissed her and Buffy didn't protest, reaching up to grab the back of his head to kiss him deeper. Spike had broken the kiss looking into her eyes.

"Leaving without saying goodbye."

"I was going to wake you before I left."

"Why don't you stay?"

"I can't"

"You can't or you want."

"I have to be in the office early tomorrow and if I stay here...something tells me I want be making it in to work."

Spike knew she was right. The kissed they shared hardened him again and masturbating wasn't an option.

"Are sure you can't stay just a little while longer, pet?" Spike said, snaking his hand up her shirt to squeeze her breasts while placing sweet kisses to her lips between words.

"I promise I will be quick."

Buffy smiled against his mouth.

"There is no such thing as being quick when it comes to you."

"Then let me prove it to you and then you can be on your way." Spike replied, unhooking her bra with ease then removing her shirt.

The need burned again for the insatiable lovers. Spike removed Buffy's jeans and panties. His lips canvassed up her body until he mounted her with grace. Buffy grabbed his ass, guiding him into her. Spike wasted no time thrusting hard and fast, lowering his head to kiss her in between thrusts. They panted and groaned together taking turns silencing the other temporarily with deep-throated kisses. They were at such at a level of desire that nothing else mattered. Passion-clouded minds executed reason as flesh pounded with flesh. Buffy's hands wandered recklessly up and down his back. Spike managed to tear his mouth away from hers, letting his heated gaze devour her instead.

"Tell me" Spike demanded, kissing her again.

The intrusion of his tongue prevented her from speaking.

Spike had broken the kiss again.

"Tell me...tell me its mine." He demanded again, thrusting harder into her while his mouth continued to torture and tease.

Buffy was losing all her faculties. Spike's tongue was a wicked instrument of persuasion.

Spike knew what he was doing he didn't need her to tell him. He was convinced.

"There's no need to tell me, luv...I already know."

Buffy's mouth opened but she didn't argument the claim, honoring his ownership. Only desired-inspired reactions were necessary. Their mouths met with an equal need. Hot moist lips exchanged heat and the joining of their sexes generated the same heat while it coursed through their veins. The lovers ascended to a higher plane of sexual existence. Spike watched Buffy reach her orgasm, locking eyes with hers while he milked into her.

Spike hailed Buffy a cab, paying the driver in advance insuring her ride him. He kissed Buffy goodbye then patted her on the ass, helping her into the cab. He closed the door and watched the car pull off. He walked to his building then stopped. He looked around the area having the strangest feeling that someone was watching him.

A/N: In writing this chapter, I realized this is going to be the last sex scene. I decided to extend it as a bonus to all the people who have been faithfully reading this story. I hoped you enjoyed it so please review...I need it.

A/N: For Isabel, I hope I offered you a better insight into Buffy's state of mind regarding her reasons for not leaving the Riley. Although, after what Spike just did. I think you may get your wish. :)