A/N: This chapter contains underage sexual relations. I'm not an advocate for this type of behavior but it happens.

Buffy walked into Baldwin's thirty minutes late wearing faded jeans and a pink t-shirt. Her hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail and the only make-up that adorned her face was lip-gloss, eyeliner and mascara. She looked like she was going to do her laundry rather than enjoy an evening at an expensive restaurant. Due to her attire, the hostess tried to refuse her entry but Buffy made it clear she was prepared to make a scene. She was on a mission with one objective in mind, breaking up with Riley. Buffy ignored the snobbish stares she received as she walked through the restaurant. She located Riley shifting in his seat. From the look on his face, she could tell he was pissed off she was late. She walked up to the table and took a seat. Riley greeted her with contempt.

"Why are you dressed like that? I thought you were going to wear the black dress I like?"

Buffy smirked at Riley.

"That's not important right now."

Crinkling his brow with curiosity, Riley just looked at Buffy. There was something strange about her behavior.

"Did you order for me already?"

"Yes" he replied.

Buffy signaled the waiter to come to their table.

"Sir, would cancel the....ah...what did you order me."

"Chicken Marcello"

"Yeah...cancel that and bring me a Cosmopolitan instead and make sure it's on a separate check please."

"Buffy what are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm canceling my order and ordering a drink."

"Are you on the rag because you're acting like a bitch right now."

Buffy looked at Riley, moving her head from side to side, chuckling.

"For someone who works so hard trying to be classy, you're gotta long way to go."

Riley was about to speak, when he noticed Faith walking toward his table.

"Hold on a second. I'll be right back. I need to go to the bathroom." Riley said, smugly.

"Try not to be long. There is something I need to tell you."

Riley smirked at Buffy while she gave him a fake smile. He walked up to Faith, pulling her by the arm and escorting her towards the bathroom area.

"You're late. You know I hate that."

"I'm sorry baby. I had some trouble sneaking out...I mean...oh never mind." Faith said, unable to come up with a better lie.

"Now I got to figure out a new plan. She's acting funny. I didn't expect that. Now you've pissed me off by being late. This is not turning out the way I want it to."

"Don't be mad at me baby. Let Faith make it better."

She tongued Riley's ear then bit his ear lobe. With a lustful gaze, Riley wondered what Faith had in mind.

"I'm not wearing any panties...come on...let me show you how sorry I am." Faith said, pulling Riley into the men's bathroom.

"We can't do it in here."

"Shhhh...yes we can...we'll be quick." Faith said, pushing Riley into the bathroom stall.

Buffy looked at her watch, wondering what was taking Riley so long. She had finished her first drink and was about to order another one until she heard a voice calling her name in the distance.

"Buffy...Buffy Summers is that you."

Buffy looked up at the friendly and overly cheerful gentlemen standing in front of her. She didn't recognize him.

"It's me Mr. Wilkens, Riley's number one client or so he tells me."

"Yes...I'm sorry how are you. It's been a long time since I've seen you. How is your wife, Jenny."

"Oh she's terrific."

"And your daughter Faith. She recently had a birthday...what is she fifteen now?"

"No...she turned sixteen three months ago and let me tell you she's a hand full. Me and the Mrs. are trying our best...you know teenage hormones and stuff."

"We all go through it."

"Yeah, you're right. Say, is Riley around. I need to talk to him. He hasn't been returning my calls lately."

Buffy had taken a deep breath then let it out.

"He said he was going to the bathroom but that was almost thirty minutes ago. I think I'm going have to go in after him."

"No...no you sit still little lady. I'll go get him."

"Thanks...it was nice seeing you again."

"You too...say you and Riley should visit sometime. Me and the Mrs. would love to have you."

"We'll see." Buffy replied, knowing that was never going to happen.

As soon as he turned his back, Buffy stopped smiling. Mr. Wilkens was a nice man but he gave her the creeps. She had thought to herself no one could be that cheerful and be human. She'd only met him once in the Hamptons along with his wife, Jenny. She was a younger woman, clearly with him for the money. She never met his daughter Faith only knowing what she heard about her. Several gossipy women talked about how the teenager looked much older than her age and how she flirted with every man she came into contact with. Mr. Wilkens was one of Riley's very first clients, taking a chance on Riley when he was an up and comer. The man was worth millions. After Riley earned Mr. Wilkens a nice little fortune to go with his other fortune he introduced Riley to other potential clients. When Riley, started landing bigger clients, Mr. Wilkens wasn't that important to him anymore. Riley stopped keeping in touch with him only dealing with him when he felt he had too to keep him happy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Wilkens walked into the men's restroom, inspecting it for cleanliness. Giving it four out of five stars. He washed his hands after concluding no one was inside except him. When he heard what sounded like two people making naughty in one of the bathroom stalls, he changed his mind about the star rating, downgrading it to a two. He was appalled. Immediately, he headed for the door to tell the manager about god knows what act was being committed inside.

"Oh Riley"

Mr. Wilkens stopped and turned around.

"Faith"

He couldn't believe his ears. He walked into the stall beside them, stepped onto the toilet seat and looked down. He saw his adopted daughter Faith riding his prized stockbroker, Riley, someone he treated like a son.

"Faith" He shouted, causing both Faith and Riley to look up immediately.

"Daddy"

"Daddy?" Riley replied, trying to get Faith off him.

"Mr. Wilkens, sir...let me explain."

"There is nothing to explain." Mr. Wilkens said stepping down from the toilet seat to retrieve his daughter.

Faith stepped out of the stall smiling, letting her immaturity show.

"Sir, she came on to me. I didn't know she was your daughter."

"Hey, that's not true. Daddy this is my boyfriend and I'm in love with him. I didn't know you were going to be here...is mom with you?"

"Sir, she doesn't know what she's saying."

"My God man. She is only sixteen years old."

"What...She told me she was twenty-one."

Buffy was tired of waiting for Riley. She wanted to know what was taking him so damn long. She walked into the bathroom area but before she could open the door to yell for him to come out. Mr. Wilkens was pulling some woman out by her arm and Riley was following them out fumbling with his pants.

"What the hell is going on here?" Buffy said, looking at Mr. Wilkens, then the woman then back at Riley again until it became clear.

"I'll tell you what's going on. Your child molester boyfriend was in there having relations with my daughter."

Buffy's mouth dropped in shock, staring at Riley and thinking how he really fucked up now.

While Mr. Wilkens carted his daughter off through the restaurant kicking and screaming, Buffy started to laugh.

"What the hell is so funny?"

"I came here to break up with you, but I see you have bigger problems now." Buffy said, shaking her head from side to side still laughing.

"Don't do me any favors. At least I haven't been slumming."

Buffy stopped laughing. She looked at Riley with questioning eyes.

"You did a poor job of covering your tracks sweetheart. I know about the cabdriver. Let me give you a bit of advice. If you're going to cheat, always upgrade never downgrade."

"Looks whose talking, coming from a man who going to be doing 3-7years as someone's prison bitch but it looks you've already been fucked by old Rupert. Don't you pay him to keep track of your clients? You haven't been getting your money's worth. Not knowing one of your major clients had a daughter is bad for business. Maybe when you get out of prison, my cabdriver can put a word in for you at the company. I'm sure they're always looking for new drivers." Buffy replied no longer feeling the need to talk with Riley any further about her relationship with Spike.

Riley watched his ex-girlfriend walk away.

"You think I care because I don't. You're going to miss me and I wouldn't take you back even if you came crawling."

Buffy stopped and turned to face Riley.

"Tell it to judge...Oh and Riley, don't bother returning the key to my place. The locks have already been changed."

Buffy walked over to her table and paid her check. She passed two police officers on her way out.

"He's in the back by the bathrooms." She said, pointing the cops in the right direction.

Buffy walked out the front door, feeling like a new woman. She hailed a cab and headed straight to Spike's place. She knocked on his door anxious and excited to see him. No one answered so she made herself comfortable on the floor, thinking about all the things she wanted to say to him. The minutes turned into hours and Buffy had fallen asleep in the hallway.

Spike cursed under his breath. The elevator to his building was down as usual. He was exhausted from working a double shift, trying to pay off the $2500.00 he'd spent on Buffy's roses and wasn't looking forward to climbing four flights of stairs to his apartment. When he rounded the corner to his floor, the sleeping blonde perked him right up. He smiled, wondering how long she'd been waiting for him. He kneeled down in front of her to nudge her awake. Buffy opened her eyes and smiled.

"Spike"

"Shhhhhhh, luv...come on let's get you inside."

"No I have to tell you first."

Unlocking his apartment door, Spike helped Buffy to her feet then scooped her up in his arms to carry her inside.

"Tell me what, pet." He replied.

Buffy looked at the man who opened her eyes and claimed her heart.

"I'm ready...I'm ready for you to love me."

Spike smiled, kissing her on the lips then pulling away.

"It's about time."


The End

A/N: I failed to mention in the previous chapter that the idea for the 1,000 red roses was not mine. I used it from a scene in the movie "Fall".

A/N: I hoped everyone like the story. I really enjoyed writing it and sharing it with you so please review. I need them.