*A.N: Ash and Joanne are the best, I must say. Their opinions are really helping me out. Also, the reviews! I’m ecstatic. Keep it up, and we’ll get to the REAL spuffiness REALLY soon.*

Chapter One: What’s My Line? Part 1

Stepping under the hot spray of the shower seemed like the best choice Buffy had made since she woke up. The winter nights weren’t treating her well, and cold nights made her miss the warm body she used to cuddle up with.

The thought, had tears falling from her eyes. She wept everyday at the reflection of what she had, and what she left behind. She wanted nothing more than to phone home, and ask her mother for the chance to come back, but couldn’t allow herself to do it.

After her shower, she absently walked into her room in her towel, startled by the built, brooding man that stood before her. “What are you doing here?” She asked, her anger raising, as the clutched the towel tighter to her bare body.

“I came to get a few things, heard the shower running, and thought I’d wait till you came out.” Angel spoke softly, watching her carefully, taking in the way the towel draped over her curves. “We need to talk, Buffy.” He said, and began sitting on the bed.

“Don’t you dare sit on that bed…not after what you did.” She pointed her finger at him, wishing she could flail him with such a simple gesture, her voice shaking with anger. “Wait for me in the living room.”

“I’m sorry…” He began.

“Please, just let me get dressed.” She looked down at the floor, ignoring the emotion in his eyes, and slammed the door to the bedroom closed, once he stepped out.

Minutes later, Buffy emerged from the bedroom, wearing a black ribbed turtleneck sweater, boot-cut blue jeans, and thick gray socks. Her long blonde hair was still wet. She made her way into the living room, and stood before the man she once loved, her arms across her chest, as she waited for him to speak.

“Buffy…I really am sorry. I love you, I really do.” Angel said.

“I heard it all before.” She replied heatedly, her face showing no emotion.

“What happened between Darla and I, it was a mistake…I hadn’t seen her in years, and all of a sudden I walk into my office, and she’s my secretary. She was my high school sweetheart.” His voice pleaded.

“Do you really expect me to believe that?” She asked, not breaking stance.

He put a hand through his spiky brown hair, frustrated with her anger. “Please, Buffy, just listen to me.”

“You know, you were the only man I’d made love with…my first. We came here and got married, and consummated our relationship, and when I found out about HER…I thought for a second that it was me…I thought that I wasn’t good enough.” She felt those tears approach her again, but held it in. “I actually thought that everyone was wrong about you, that I had that perfect life ahead of me, and you cheat on me because of some old high school crush? You have to do better than that.”

Angel suddenly broke down, getting on his knees before her, clutching to her hips, his head against her thigh. “Forgive me, I’ll do what ever you want…give you anything.”

Buffy’s tears slowly fell; she couldn’t help but feel sadness and pity for him. “The only thing that will make me forgive you right now…is an annulment. I want to pretend this never happened.”

He stood angrily. “I won’t do it…we’ve been together for six months, our marriage has only had five…we need to work this out.” He stood, looking at her with anger in his eyes.

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you, because I can’t stand the sight of you at this point.” She shook with rage, mad at him for hurting her, and mad at her for crying in front of him.

“You know what, when your inner bitch decides to take the backseat, I’ll come back.” He stalked to the door, Buffy close behind him, and opened it, wide; coming face to face with a tall, lean man. “Who are you?” He questioned nastily, running a hand over his face.

“Spike-I mean, William EVans, I’m here to see Buffy.” He replied simply.

“William…sorry, Angel was just leaving.” Buffy perked up a bit, and grabbed the stranger’s arm, pulling him into the apartment.

“Who the hell is this? Captain Peroxide?” Angel questioned agitated.

“It’s William…actually I prefer Spike…it’s a thing. Angel…what kind of sissy name is that?” He countered.

“Spike…are you compensating for something else?” Angel continued.

“No, but with a name like that, I wouldn’t ask those kind of questions, ponce.” Spike smirked at his own comeback.

“Angel, enough…please, just go away.” Buffy pleaded.

“Not until you tell me what he’s doing here.” Angel ordered, pointing a finger at the British man.

“William…Spike lives here.” Was all she said, before closing the door on Angel, and turning to her new roommate.

“How soon can you move in?” She asked.