Author's Note: Short chapter, but more to come soon. Keep readin and reviewin and I'll keep writing (holds out slimy hand) do we have a deal?

**

In one night, your dad endeared himself to the whole family (that's just the kind of guy Spike is, but of course, you knew that). Really, we were glad to have him around the house.

"Son of a bitch," Dawn mumbled the curse before biting her lip and folding her arms to convey a sign of maximum annoyance. Just who the hell did this guy think he was?! Riding the chairty ticket into her home, eating the rest of her roast beef and then taking a --

She glanced down at the Spongebob watch adorning her right wrist and let out an almost inhuman growl.

Hour and thirty minute shower!

Buffy hadn't mentioned him as being part of the mentally challenged community, and Dawn was sure this guy was dapper of brain enough to know they're were four other people in this household. Three of which were school aged; who would most certainly need a handy, empty bathroom at their disposal.

Foam was on the verge of frothing up the corners of her mouth when the water finally shut off. Dawn's foot tapped uncontrollably at the sound of various cabinet doors being opened and closed, followed by the running of the faucet and the distinct swish, scrub of toothbrush on teeth.

Hour and forty five minutes...

At last, a sigh of relief escaped the young teen's mouth when the lock popped and the doorknob was slowly turned:

Shower fog billowed out into the hall as the hot air smacked her in the face. It was enough to choke her, and her hair frizzed within a nano second; ten to one the shower was going to shoot out chunks of ice when she stepped into it, but suddenly, Dawn could care less.

Standing in front of her, towel perfectly knotted around his perfect waist, water droplets clinging to his perfect chest, and abs, and perfectly curly, blonde hair matted to his head, was the most gorgeous man she'd ever had the privilege to lay eyes upon (as of today, Dawn's walls would be stripped bear of Chad Michael Murray's face).

He smiled at her and the teen went slack-jawed.

"Sorry, Bit. Didn't mean to take so long, the stink of mental hospital required a few extra scrubs." He winked. Dear god, he winked a wink that shot Dawn through the rest of puberty in three seconds.

Man of her dreams was looking at her expectantly; Christ! She should say something! "Ha, extra scrub, good one!" or, "It was no problem -- really, take as long as you like in the shower. I can be three hours late for school.", and, "Marry me! It's probably legal in Kentucky..."

Dawn's mouth opened for a second chance at forming words --

"You the stray B brought home last night?" Faith had come out of nowhere with her swagger and cocksure attitude -- guaranteeing to make her twin look five years younger in comparison.

Spike grinned with a nod of his head. "Milk bones and all," he replied.

Making no attempt to hide the fact she was admiring his 'assets', Faith breezed past her sister and into the bathroom. Hand resting on the door, she drawled, "Stay as long as you like." before quickly closing it on a stupefied Dawn.

"Ha! Extra scrub! That's a good one!" Dawn finally laughed loudly -- a little too loudly, but Spike had already disappeared down the hall, leaving the poor girl to look as if she were the Sunnydale General cast-off.

Weary hand reaching her head, Dawn mumbled, "Smooth, Summers. Very smooth."

**

Buffy carefully examined the three outfits laid out before her. She wasn't sure if he'd like them; from the little she had seen of Spike's wardrobe, it was clear he didn't like any styles dated after 1985...

"Those for me?"

She casually turned around to find a half-naked Spike smirking behind her.

She now understood why the guy had a 'Greek God' complex -- with that impossibly lean and muscular body, complete with well-defined arms and legs, and abs, what man wouldn't?

Oh god -- abs.

How long has it been since I ended things with Riley, again...?


Inner Buffy was swiftly given a kick in the ass as Outer Buffy -- in all of her poised glory, struggled to regain control of all thoughts and motor skills. Arms folded a scowl locked into place.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Spike quirked a brow. "Problem?"

She made frenzied gestures at his towel-d form. "This does not meet Summers Home dress code standards! Standards that are in place to combat certain thirteen year old hormone bombs! And you..." She was getting flustered and Spike knew it -- the smile on his face said it all. Ass. "Just -- try running around the house with some clothes on next time."

Spike snickered. "That's what I'm here for, ducks." He eyed the clothes on the bed from over her shoulder. "Looks respectable enough. That's what we're goin' for, innit?"

Buffy cleared her throat before saying, "Yup," popping the 'P'. "Unless, you wanted a lucrative career at the local Hot Topic." Heading toward the door, she added, "Anyway, I'm gonna leave you to solve that nakedness problem."

Quickly closing it behind her, Buffy rested against the door for a moment, eyes shutting briefly only to open and come face to face with her little sister's.

Dawn stammered, "I was just...Andrew peed on the toilet seat again,"she finished lamely and practically ran into her room.

Smoothing out the planes of her shirt, Buffy took the girl's lead and wasted no time dashing for the stairs.

To Be Continued...