Summary: Set in S6. Goes AU after Gone. Buffy and the gang head to LA, with Spike in tow. Buffy finds out some life altering news, how does the gang react? Read and find out.
Rating: NC17
Authors Note: This is my first fic, so please be gentle. * These are for thoughts* Thanks to Paganbaby for convincing me to write and to Madame Draco for Beta-ing!
Disclaimer: Joss, ME and FOX own it all, just the stories mine. Lyrics belong to Daniel Beddingfield and Rod Stuart.


Chapter 1 Arrangements


“Oh Spike….” Buffy mumbled between kisses. “We can’t….Oh God, you have to stop…. No don’t stop!” Spike’s hand slipped under her shirt and bra and massaged her left breast and then the right. His lips moved lower until he was nibbling on her exposed neck. When he reached a sensitive spot Buffy finally came back to her senses and pushed him away.

“Why did ya stop, Slayer?” Spike asked trying to gain control over his raging libido.

“We’re standing in my backyard, Spike. Plus Dawn and Willow are home. They could come out at any time. Oh and also it’s wrong.” * Yeah right Buffy! Tell yourself another one*

“Oh yes.” Spike sighed, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. “Can’t forget how wrong it is!” He took a seat on the porch steps and looked up at the stars.

“Listen Spike, I can’t be with you, you know this.” Buffy said and walked up to the back door, prepared to go inside.

“Can you at least tell me why?” He asked, still looking up at the sky.

“Because of them.” And with that she turned and walked inside.

“Just once, Buffy. Just once, do something for yourself.” Spike flicked the cigarette to the ground and stormed off into the night.

/////////////////////////////////////-------------------------------//////////////////////////////////////////////////


Buffy watched as Spike stormed away. His last words still echoing in her head.

“Hey Buffy. How was patrol tonight?” Willow asked cheerfully.

“Slow.” Buffy replied not really paying attention to what Willow was saying.

“Xander and I came up with a really cool idea, how about tomorrow night we go to LA and go to some clubs?” Willow needed to get away from Sunnydale. Her magic addiction was getting worse and she didn’t know how to stop. So when Xander suggested going to LA Willow jumped at the chance.

Buffy looked at Willow and realized how much she needed to get away from Sunnydale. Also she could take Dawn. It would be great for them to spend some time together. Plus she deserved a night off from slaying and what a better way to relax!

“Sure, why not?” Buffy smiled at Willow and then yawned. “Right bedtime for Buffy. Night Wills.” Buffy walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs and into her bedroom. She stripped off her clothes down to her bra and panties and climbed into bed.

This was when she opened up. When she knew without a doubt that she loved him. That she wanted him and all he could give her and give all she could back. When she was alone. But she couldn’t tell him, for fear of losing her friends. What would they think of her, if they knew? The things she did when she was with him. Things she never even dreamed about until he showed her. But try as she might she couldn’t stop. And if she was honest with herself she didn’t want to stop. Someday she would tell him how she felt. Maybe, if she could find the strength.


---------------------------///////////////////////////////////////--------------------------------------------


“We’re not all gonna fit in the car, Xander.” Anya tried to explain to her fiancé for the umpteenth time. “There’s six of us. Count them. Six. We won’t all fit!”

“You know Anya has a point.” Tara told Xander.

“Thank you, Tara.” Anya looked pointedly at Xander as he continued loading the trunk with their over night belongings.

Just then a motorbike pulled up outside the Summer’s home.

“Spike, what are you doing here?” Buffy asked angrily. * Just what I need right now, lusty thoughts when I know I can’t have him.*

“Thought I’d come by and annoy you lot. Although it looks like your going on a road trip without me. Gosh, I think I may be hurt!” The sarcasm in his voice was a cover up, because in fact Spike was hurt. * How could they not have asked me to go with them. I thought they were finally starting to accept me after I stuck around all summer.*

Buffy knew Spike was hurt but there was nothing she could do. Unless………….

“Hey Spike fancy coming along?” * That’s it, Buffy, nice and easy. Keep the excitement out of your voice.*

Spike looked at Buffy trying to figure out if she really wanted him to go or if it was just pity.

“Where you going?” Spike asked only looking at Buffy. * God, she’s beautiful* he thought. * Oh stop it before you start sprouting poetry.* He mentally shook his head to clear the thoughts and returned his gaze to Buffy.

“LA.” She replied “And guess what Spike? You get to take me. I mean can I ride with you?” Buffy looked around frantically trying to find out if anyone caught her slip. Thankfully they were all sorting out seating arrangements.

“Sure luv. Hop on.” * Oh god, the Slayer is gonna be sitting up against me for 2 hours. How the hell am I supposed to drive without crashing the damn bike?*

“Guy’s, I’m riding with Spike.” And with that she climbed on the back of the bike. With her arms wrapped securely around Spike’s waist and her feet resting on the pedals, the bike took off at lighting speed heading for the City of Angels. Literally!



End Chapter.