Chapter 3 Caratis

The first thing the gang noticed as they entered the bar was the singing and how awful it sounded. Then, they realized it was a damn karaoke bar.

A green-skinned demon approached them with a smile on his face. Buffy and Spike moved into a fighting position. The demon laughed at them.

“Now Sweet cakes, is that anyway to greet someone?”

“But you’re not a someone are you?” Spike replied with a chuckle.

“Speak for yourself! You are correct, but we really don’t need to go into that! Call me Lorne.” The smile still in place, he held his hand out.

Buffy looked around the club and finally noticed it was a demon bar. As well as a karaoke bar.

“It’s a karaoke demon bar?” Buffy asked as she shook Lorne’s hand.

“Well yeah, Sweet cakes. Care to blow us away with your talent? But please tell me you’re not a Manilow fan? My ears still haven’t stopped ringing!” Buffy gave him a confused look but shook her head no.

Spike gave a bark of laughter as he looked at Lorne.

“I’m Spike. And no, I don’t like that sod at all!” Spike and Lorne shared a look and then broke out into more laughter as the others looked on.

“Come on, I’ll show you to a table and have someone come over to take your order.” Lorne showed them to their table, and then left them with a smile. Not long after that, a waitress arrived to take their order. She was back with in minutes.

“You know this place ain’t so bad.” Dawn said.

“No Dawnie, it’s not.” Willow sounded surprised when she heard Tara’s comment, but couldn’t agree more. It was just like a normal bar, apart from the demons and lack of fights.

“So is anyone gonna sing?” Xander asked with a goofy laugh.

“Well we should! Cause you know, nothing could sound worse than this guy!” Willow exclaimed. The demon on stage was singing an awful rendition of ‘I Am What I Am’. Which seemed fitting.

As Buffy and Spike had already finished their drinks, they hailed the waitress over to get more. Spike decided to heat things up a bit and ordered a bottle of Tequila.

The bottle soon arrived with shot glasses, lime slices and a salt pot. While Buffy poured the drinks for her and Spike, Spike placed his hand on Buffy’s thigh, while making sure no one was looking.

Buffy groaned inwardly and tried to remain calm. However it just wasn’t possible so she downed her shot, then refilled her glass.

After about a half hour, the pair of them were well and truly drunk, while the rest of the gang were stone cold sober. But everyone was enjoying themselves. And that was the main thing.

“HEY!” Buffy shouted. Everyone looked towards the Slayer and rolled their eyes when they saw how out of it she really was. “Spike should totally sing!” Buffy collapsed in giggles at the look on Spike’s face.

“You have got to be joking me, Slayer?”

“Nope. Come on it’ll be fun, unless of course, the Big Bad’s afraid to sing a little song.” She teased.

“Fine. You really want me to sing?” Spike asked shyly. Buffy nodded in answer and watched in rapt fascination as he got up and walked towards the stage.



End Chapter