chapter thirteen - dark matter

Fred had always been comfortable with the idea that all things overlap one another, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, sometimes completely. However, the physical distortions created by Lilith amazed her. She had transformed from near perfect beauty to feral dog, to dove, to rat and back in seamless succession without pause before spitting out the words, ‘shut your filthy mouth' to Willow. ‘Course Fred had seen vampires shift from demon to man and back, but Lilith's visage was human and beast in one frame.

As she stood in her spot on the dirt floor, Fred could no longer doubt – if she ever had – the power of the Seven Wiccas of the L'Quaratong of the Zek dimension. She felt it humming through her – and in Lilith's mask, Willow 's scowl, and Lillie's blank stare. As a scientist, Fred had to appreciate the intricacies of it. This magic didn't devour but co-existed within them, without diminishing in strength. Fred was able to think and even act independently for the most part. Certainly, there were things she had to do, like follow Lillie into the portal. Still, Fred had to be pragmatic. Being a student of physics had taught her that knowledge was power. She was better off gathering as much information as possible if she had any hope of getting back to Wolfram and Hart to warn her friends – and to help Spike. Good thing Willow and Lilith seemed to be preoccupied with each other. Their squabbles were giving her time to think – and to plan.

“When I was falling, or should I say, being pushed through the portal?” Willow said, sarcastically. “My mind was clear. I knew what was going on around me. Just like now, I know we are being controlled in a kind-a, sort-a, maybe, grungy way.” Willow emphasized her point by glancing around the dirty dark hole where they all stood. “B-but you don't own our minds.”

Lilith stretched her neck from side-to-side, slowly, and then lengthened her entire frame to an eerie height as she floated closer to Willow . “We avoid the unbelievable and understand our purpose as we wait for her.”

“Jeez…riddle queen much or what?” Willow snapped as her chin jutted forward. “I told you. I don't like riddles. Can't you just say what you mean in regular talk?” She sounded like she was scolding an irritating acquaintance who had made a careless remark, thought Fred. Willow was showing no fear whatsoever in dealing with Lilith. Even the Queen Wicca's mutations didn't seem to alarm her.

“What her are you talking about?” Willow demanded.

“You know who I'm talking about. Don't pretend ignorance. It's beneath you,” Lilith wrapped her arms around her own body, embracing herself. “You know how much she means to us.”

“Buffy?” Willow looked like she was figuring something out. “Are you talking about Buffy?” Willow 's voice questioned, irritated.

They both watched as Lilith moved closer to Lillie, who had stood ghostlike and silent for several long moments. Fred shuddered as Lilith embraced Lillie's seemingly frozen body. At that instant, the two Wiccas could pass for twins – they were nearly identical. Same height, knotty coiled hair, piled on top of their heads. But there was something still very human about Lillie and not so human about Lilith.

“Buffy is the core that connects us and she will return us to our ultimate power,” said Lilith into Lillie's ear as she hugged her body close to her own. “Your Buffy the Vampire Slayer is Color, the fifth Wicca, and the her to which I always refer, Earth Witch.”

As she listened to Lilith's words, Fred's heart nearly missed a beat as she got what it all meant. What had Lilith said? Buffy was Color, the fifth of the seven Wiccas or ‘quarks'. Up, down, strange, charm, color, beauty and truth. It was all about physics – quantum physics at that. Beauty was dark matter at the bottom of hell and Truth was decay, rising to top and fueling Beauty's transition to Charm. While Color, it, no she – Buffy – was the force that linked them all together, making them one, making them the most powerful destructive entity in the universe.

Fred forced herself to stay calm – and not scream. If Earth's science was the anchor of the Zek dimension's magic, Lilith had just declared Buffy the bringer of the end of the world. Fred could only imagine the enormity of the power that would be unleashed.

She had to escape and prevent Buffy from meeting Lilith.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffy was asleep as Spike reached for her hand. Seemed to him like the best time to touch her and feel the warmth of her skin against his own for a few moments.

He leaned forward, untying the ropes securing her left wrist. Then he took her hand into his, and lifted it to his face. He pressed her warm, soft flesh against his own. Holding her hand, he fixed his eyes on her hair, then on the long lashes resting against her cheeks. He hadn't really had a chance to look at her – really get a good stare in – since she'd arrived from the airport earlier that day.

“Sod it all, Slayer. You've been in town only a few hours, luv, and look at you,” he spoke softly, unable to stop the small smile forming on his lips. “Beautiful as always,” he sighed.

“Spike, what are you doing?” Her voice seemed to come from everywhere in the room.

“Didn't wake you, did I, luv?” he mumbled. “No, still asleep, pet, still resting?”

Her other hand, the one he wasn't holding, the one that should have been tied to the bedpost, made its way to his face, cupping his chin briefly before moving a thumb slowly over his lower lip. He kissed her fingertips as they passed by. She continued to move her hand, tracing an easy long pattern from his chin, down his throat. She lingered at his neck, her fingers moving over his collarbone, before drifting lower to massage the muscles of his chest through his black t-shirt.

“This is not another bloody dream, is it, Slayer?” Spike sighed, closing his eyes briefly.

Buffy sat up then to push his duster off his shoulders. He shrugged the coat off quickly. She began tugging his shirt out from the waistband of his jeans. He raised his arms, allowing her to lift the shirt over his head. Both of their eyes were open now, and she was looking into his, her lips slightly apart as if she needed more space to breathe. Decisively, Spike turned from her, and reached down to untie the ropes binding her legs.

It took only a few seconds to release her completely. Spike stood up then, and removed his pants while keeping his eyes locked on her face. When he finished, he sat back on the bed, pulling her to him as he raised her arms over her head. He lifted her shirt off almost as quickly as she'd removed his and tossed it aside. Then with flat palms, he rested his hands on the outside of her breasts, before gently pressing them together. Slowly, Spike lowered his head to her bare chest, and sucked one of her nipples into his mouth. Buffy inhaled sharply as he also began massaging the other nipple firmly with his fingers and thumb. She grabbed him by the back of his head, drawing him closer.

“Oh Spike, that's good, oh, god, feels so good.”

She started moving her hands over his body. He released her breast from his lips and opened his mouth, drawing the air into his throat to take a breath he didn't need. But he had to – been too long since she'd touched him this way. Would end too soon if he allowed himself to feel everything she was doing to him. The act of breathing might help to calm him.

Just need to think about her face, her eyes, her hair, her body, her breasts, her skin hot against his body. Where was she touching him? He felt her hands everywhere on his body.

"Oh god, yes...there...right there," he murmured.

Buffy held Spike's cock with both hands. Spike watched as she glanced up, meeting his gaze with her own before lowering her head to place her mouth and tongue on the tip of his cock. The heat and the wetness felt so good, so completely unsettling, that he cried out. Buffy paused for a second. Then Spike watched her open her mouth wide, taking his width into it. Instantly, her tongue and lips began sucking steadily, as she slid his cock in and out of her hot throat. A mindless groan escaped him.

“Yes, Buffy, please god, keep doing that. Ahhh...feels good...too damn good."

The smell of her arousal filled his nostrils, crippling his ability to think. He didn't really need to think, did he? This was Buffy. This was him and Buffy. Bodies together, joined, caressing, loving and, oh god, he wanted to kiss her. He needed to feel her wet lips against his mouth. He placed his lips on the top of her head and lingered. She was still working her mouth over his dick, her moist tongue caressing him from his balls to the tip and back. He pulled her up to him, seeking her lips. Her taste and his taste mingled in his mouth as his lips found hers. She pulled him on top of her, and held his ass firmly against her body, her legs wrapped around his back.

Hours or moments later, Spike couldn't really tell, he was on his back and Buffy was on top of him, riding him strong and hard. Moving into him and barely lifting herself, Buffy kept him deep inside her. She worked her hips slowly at first, rolling them back and forth on his cock, her body dripping with passion and heat, covering his stomach and thighs with her wetness. Spike tried to sit up, but she held him down, pressing her strong hands into his chest. Holding him in place, she began to move faster. Back and forth, pressing her weight down even harder than before. Spike thrust into her. As she moved down, he pressed up, his stomach muscles straining as he drove himself into her deeper and deeper. Then she reared back, bowing her spine while placing her hands on his calves. Spike reached up and grabbed her breasts, rolling her nipples with this thumb and fingers, alternating between pulling them into hard peaks and caressing her full breasts completely before bringing them into his mouth to suckle one after another.

He knew they were going to come soon. She couldn't stop him from sitting up now. He sat up, adjusting Buffy on his cock, wrapping her legs around him with his hands before grabbing her hips firmly to keep her still. He kissed her then. His lips grabbed hers, his tongue reaching inside her mouth, searching to find hers. The wet, deep plunge of their tongues didn't stop their moans or smothered cries. Buffy started moving again as Spike loosened his hold on her hips. He kept kissing her, filling her mouth with his tongue. He rocked her hips over his dick with his hands. As she bore down to match his movements, he pulled her faster and faster, back and forth over him.

“Oh, fuck…yes, god, right there, Buffy. Love, oh god, yes.” Spike placed his hand on Buffy's stomach. He could feel himself inside her as he started to come. Buffy's orgasm hit her as Spike cried out her name over and over again.

“Not a dream, is it Buffy?” Spike whispered, holding her shaking body against his own, as they lay back in bed. He was still buried insider her, as she began to kiss him again, more deeply than he'd ever remembered.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike awoke alone in Angel's bed not knowing how long he'd been asleep but instantly sensing that Buffy was nowhere in the apartment. She wasn't even in the building.

He pulled his knees into his chest, wrapped his arms around his body, and closed his eyes.

to be continued...