Friday

Spike turned on the TV. Although he was yesterday's news, his mug shout appeared often. He switched it off, feeling panic about to set in. Time was running out. He showered, wrapping a towel around his waist and lit a fag. He stashed the money in the seams of his leather trench coat, folding it carefully and then placing it at the bottom along with the gun and various clothing items on top. He looked at the clock not expecting Buffy to be home from school for another four hours, giving him plenty of time to make some arrangements. He searched his jean pockets for the number Xander had given him for his friend Dalton. Spike needed some fake IDs and birth certificates to ensure crossing the border without hassle. He searched Buffy's drawers finding an old college ID, thinking Dalton could probably transfer her photo onto a new one. He packed all his things, not that it was much since he never really unpacked since he arrived in Sunnydale. He'd sat on the edge of Buffy's bed thinking about her while the ash from his cigarette compounded but didn't fall to the floor. He grabbed the stripe of pictures located on her mirror, tearing two off for himself. He made a call to Dalton then headed to Los Angeles.

Dalton lived on the outskirts of on the state line marking California and Nevada. His trailer was small and boring and there wasn't another neighbor within miles. Spike thought it was the most depressing sight he'd ever seen. He knocked on the door greeted by a short balding eye-glassed man.

"You Spike."

"Maybe, are you Dalton?"

"Maybe"

Both men eyed each other with distrust until Spike replied.

"I'm a friend of Xanders. He told me you could help me out, mate."

"Well, why didn't you just say that over the phone...come in. What can I do for you?" Dalton said, warming up to Spike.

"I need two ID's one for me and another one for my girl. I'm also going to need two birth certificates. Here's all the information you need. How soon can you have this ready for me?"

"It want be ready until Sunday. Can you stick around until then?"

"Looks like I'm going to have to mate. How much for everything?"

"Two thousand dollars. I'll take half now and the rest when you pick it up."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy returned home early from school she wasn't feeling well. She called out for Spike but he didn't answer. She looked around her apartment, noticing the briefcase was lying on the floor empty. She walked into her bedroom to lie down and it was there she noticed Spike's duffel bag was missing. Soon after, she noticed he'd taken some pictures of them. She was overwhelmed with sadness. Spike left without saying goodbye. Now she knew how it felt like after abandoning him in the hotel two months ago. She closed her eyes remembering their last night together and how passionate and loving he was. She thought maybe that was his way of saying goodbye with one last roll in the hay. A single tear had fallen from her eyes. She wiped it away but another one fell then another. Buffy was crying over Spike. She'd never had her heart broken before; guessing the heaviness she was feeling in her chest was what it felt like. She looked in her mirror, seeing her face covered with streaks of eyeliner and mascara running down her cheeks. She walked into the bathroom to wash her face and reapply but it was useless more tears started to fall. She'd felt dizzy again. She placed the lid over the toilet seat, resting her face in her hands. Getting over Spike this time wasn't going to be easy. She loved him after all, thinking maybe if she told him he'd stay and forget about Mexico. She didn't know what the big deal was anyway. Sunnydale was just as hot, and sunny with beaches too. She couldn't figure him out, having given up on trying to since he showed up unannounced. However, his mystery was one of the things that attracted her to him in the first place along with his ability to do what he wanted and not have to answer to anyone. She missed him.

Once the dizziness subsided, Buffy headed back towards her bedroom for some much needed rest. She almost made to bed when she heard a knock at her door. She hurried to answer it, thinking Spike had come back. She called out his name before answering the door, opening it half way. There were two gentlemen dressed in suits and ties, wearing sunglasses. One guy was very tall with sandy blonde hair and the other was black with a baldhead.

"Can I help you?" Buffy asked.

"Are you Buffy Summers?" asked the tall gentlemen.

"Who wants to know?"

"I'm Detective Riley Finn and this is Detective Forrest Graham."

"I'm Buffy Summers."

"May we come in"?

"What's this all about?"

"May we come in."?

Buffy opened the door wider, motioning the detectives into her apartment.

"Have a seat"

"Thank you mam"

"Ms. Summers we're investigating a double homicide involving William Jones, aka William Reynolds, aka William Hartford."

Buffy's brow crinkled starting with the first name the detective called out even more at the other two names. "I'm sorry officers" She replied shaking her head.

"Detective, please"

"I'm sorry detective but I don't know anyone by that name."

"What about Spike?" asked Detective Graham.

Buffy stopped shaking her head when the detective mentioned Spike's name. She never bothered to ask him if it was his real name then again she didn't think she would see Spike again after leaving Las Vegas.

"I know him."

"Your landlord Mr. Synder contacted us...identifying him as the man he saw in your apartment yesterday afternoon. He said he was your boyfriend. Where is he Ms. Summers?"

"He's not my boyfriend. I mean...I don't know what I mean. He was here but he's gone." Buffy replied nervously.

"Did he say where he was headed?"

"He talked about going to San Francisco. He said some guy owed him some money there."

Riley motioned for Detective Graham to make a call to headquarters warning all units to be on the look out for Spike in the San Francisco area.

"Can you tell us anything else?"

"No that's all I know."

"If you're lieing to us Ms. Summers, we want hesitate to arrest you for aiding and abetting a murderer."

Tears began to fall from her eyes. Buffy didn't want to believe Spike was capable of killing anyone. She didn't want to believe the detectives but now everything started to make sense. The talk about Mexico, the secrecy, and the money but why her why did he stay in Sunnydale when he could have just left after he got the money. It didn't make any sense but nothing Spike did made any sense except in his mind. However, she didn't know where he was. All she knew is that he was gone and she would never see him again.

"Well, thank you for your time Ms. Summers. If you can think of anything else, here's my card."

Buffy placed the card on her coffee table. All three of them stood at the same time, walking to the front door.

"Detective Finn, who did he kill?" Buffy asked.

Riley opened his notebook for reference.

"He killed a state trooper and one Clem Smith, a buddy of his. Those two shared a rap sheet a mile long."

Buffy didn't know Clem and Spike never mentioned he had any friends. He seemed like a loner and a person with trust issues. After the detectives left, Buffy rested her head on the front door, she felt sick. She'd run into the bathroom, throwing up in the sink instead of the toilet. She grabbed a towel from the handle to wipe her mouth. Spike was a murderer she thought but her gut was telling her it wasn't true. However, she would never find out because the only person to answer that question left without saying goodbye.

The detectives had stood outside Buffy's door.

"What do you think, man?" Detective Graham asked.

"I think she's lieing. She's covering up for him. Did you see the look on her face? She's in love with him. I've been on the job long enough to know a woman in love will do anything to protect her man."

"So what do you want to do?"

"We wait...stake the place out...something tells me he's going show his face...a girl that beautiful... I would come back."

"She is hot"

"Call another unit for back up." Riley said.

Buffy needed to lie down. Her head was spinning and her heart was pounding out of control. The visit from the detectives left her confused. All this time she was thinking Spike was just this carefree guy, living life on his own terms not a murderer. He was her definition of a free spirit; a live and let live kind of guy but a murderer. She refused to believe it, burying her head into her pillow, willing herself to sleep.

Spike parked his car several blocks from Buffy's apartment, placing his duffel bag in the trunk of the car. As he approached her building, he noticed an unmarked police car parked a few feet from her complex and a squad car pulled up beside it. He tried not to panic, immediately backing up and returning to his car. He stopped, knowing he couldn't leave without her. Most men when have called him a fool and others would say he was that stupid guy in that movie, given the chance to get away and not taking it. Spike was a fool, a fool for love. He figured enough time had passed for Buffy to be home. He'd crept around back, looking through her bedroom window. He saw her, lying on the bed. He smiled, pounding on the window.

Buffy was startled out of her sleep by the loud knocking. She looked in the direction of her bedroom window, seeing Spike displaying a devilish grin. She hurried to the window, opening it and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I thought you left. What are you doing here...the police are looking for you. They said you killed two people. Is that true? Spike what's going on. I'm scared. You have to get out of here."

"Calm down, pet. Listen to me Buffy...I didn't kill anyone...you have to believe me. I know I have to go but I came back for you. It's now or never, luv. Are you coming with me?"

Before Buffy could answer, there was pounding at her front door. A man shouted it was the police requesting her to open the door.

"Spike I can't. I don't know."

"Mexico...Mexico...Mexico" Spike replied, taking slow steps backward, staring into her eyes.

Buffy heard her front door open abruptly. She was hesitating and looking back and forth, feeling her heart rate speed up and off the charts.

Spike knew he was running out of time. He continued to stare into her eyes.

"Buffy I love you please come with me."

Three simple words changed her mind. Buffy smiled at Spike then grabbed her purse, letting Spike help her out the window. They ran over to the car about to get inside when they were spotted by a patrol car. Spike opened the trunk, pulling out his duffel bag. He grabbed Buffy by the hand.

"Run, pet" He shouted, sprinting in the opposite direction of the squad car.

The two lovers continued running several blocks, ducking and dodging out of sight from the speeding police car, giving chase. Out of nowhere two more appeared until finally one of the cops stopped his car and chased them on foot. Buffy was determined to keep up with Spike, letting him pull her by the hand the entire way. They stopped briefly, surveying where they were. Spike knew Buffy was running out of steam but they needed to continue. He grabbed Buffy by the arms.

"Do you trust me?"

Buffy was using the opportunity to catch her breath so she nodded her as a yes.

"Then trust me when I tell I want let go of your hand."

Buffy smiled, knowing in that moment. Spike wasn't going to leave her.

The cop proved to be no match for the two of them. Buffy and Spike outran him by several blocks, finding an abandoned building to hide in. Spike walked in first, still holding Buffy by the hand and making sure there weren't any nasties lurking about. When he was confident they were safe, he hugged her close then kissed her lips.

"You alright, pet?" He asked, licking his dry lips.

Buffy looked into his eyes, grabbing Spike by the face and kissing him roughly on the mouth. The adrenaline was pumping to every part of her body. Her heart was thumping in her chest. Buffy was on fire. She continued to kiss him, using all her strength backing him into the wall. Spike kissed her back passionately, turning them around. He'd torn his mouth away from hers, looking into her desire filled eyes. There was a lustful grin on her face as she pushed down her panties and stepped out of them. He watched her, becoming fully aroused. He pressed his body against hers, kissing her with fury while hoisting her up.

Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist while Spike successfully unbutton and unzipped his jeans continuing to kiss her and hold her up at the same time. He guided his cock into her with ease. Buffy was soaking wet and hot. The lovers fucked against the wall in the midst of chaos blinded by their desire for the other and forced into silence except for their heavy breathing.

The intensity of the moment was getting to them. Spike buried his head in her shoulder trying not to come out loud while Buffy clutched at him with her teeth embedded in the flesh curve between his neck and shoulder. Both had come only seconds apart, using all their will power not to scream out. Spike's head wanted to split in two from the intense migasm threatening his ability to hold her up. The force of Buffy's orgasm was equally overwhelming while she continued to bite into Spike's flesh.

Unable to support her weight, Spike dropped Buffy's legs as she struggled to maintain some kind of hold around him. He was still hard and pulsing inside her so he did what he had to do. He pulled her down to the dirty floor, pushing her onto her back to continue waylaying into her. Another orgasm rocked Buffy's world but Spike was there to muzzle her moans with his mouth and tongue. She gripped his ass, pushing him in deeper, feeling his hot come spilling inside her. Buffy returned the favor, covering his mouth with hers while he grunted every milky drop. Spike rested on Buffy before rolling off her, both breathing in uncontrollable unison from their pleasure. He pulled her to him, securing his arm around her while she rested her head on his chest. Mentally and physically exhausted, they fell asleep.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, please review. I need it.