A/N: Warning!!! Character Death

Sunday

Buffy climbed out of bed, covering her mouth with one hand to run to the bathroom. She closed the door behind her then kneeled over the toilet to puke up yesterday's meal. Backing away from it, she pulled a towel from the rack above her head to wipe her mouth. She gripped the towel hard, knocking her forehead against it. The solitude of the bathroom had given her time to think. Between Las Vegas, school, money concerns and Spike, it had dawned on her she missed two periods. Since her cycles were irregular, she wasn't too concern, thinking she would get a pregnancy test to end her worry.

She exited the bathroom, looking over at Spike. He was still sleeping in the same position when she entered the bathroom. She picked up her clothes, smirking at how dingy her skirt and top looked. Instead of putting them back on, she searched through Spike's duffel bag for something to wear. She struggled to pull out a red button down shirt. It was barely budging so she reached both hands into the bag. She had felt something hard and heavy lying on top of the shirt. She pulled it out then quickly dropped it to the floor, shooting a quick look over at Spike. She pulled the red shirt out of the bag; eyeing the gun she'd dropped on the floor, wondering why he had it.

Spike's shirt hung low around her like a dress then she wrapped his black belt around her waist to give it an eighties look. She stashed the gun back into his bag and crept out of the room, carrying her shoes in her hands.
The early morning sun greeted her with open arms, making her feel better. She walked into a small mom and pop store across the street from the motel. She purchased a comb and brush set, a pair of shorts, a tank top, and a home pregnancy test. Buffy smiled at the older lady ringing up her purchases. The woman smiled back then became flushed when she picked up the pregnancy test. Buffy pretended the woman's reaction didn't affect her as she walked out the door glad the experience was over. Her next stop was the diner down the street. She ordered eggs, bacon, juice and some muffins to go.

Quietly, she entered the room relieved Spike was still asleep. Placing the items and food on the table, Buffy removed the test from the bag. She locked the bathroom door behind her, following the instructions on the box. She placed the stick on the bathroom sink and waited. Five minutes, later Buffy had her answer. She was pregnant. She figured she was about seven weeks, counting backwards to her last period up to now. There was no question that Spike was the father. Buffy had only slept with two men in her eighteen years, Spike being the third and the last. She used protection with him sometimes, rolling the dice with him other times and letting the heat of the moment influence her all of the other times. Now the reality of her actions had caught up to her, making her realize life wasn't always about living in the moment and doing whatever felt good. Life was happening now and the tears falling into her lap were real. She seated herself on the edge of the tub, looking down at her stomach, trying to picture herself pregnant but she couldn't. She was too young she thought, knowing her situation was going to change everything. She knew she wanted to be a mother someday, rubbing her hands across of her belly conflicted in her emotions.

Spike had awakened from his orgasmic stupor, searching for Buffy. He noticed the bathroom door was closed. He called out to her but she didn't answer. He climbed out of the bed and knocked on the door.

"Buffy"

"Go away Spike."

Spike twisted the knob of the front door, finding that it was locked.

"Buffy open the bloody door."

"No"

"What's wrong, luv?"

"Leave me alone."

Spike backed away from the door then kicked it in, startling Buffy. He looked at her, noticing her tear riddled eyes. He glanced over at the sink, moving his head in close to see the purple and white plastic object before him. He picked it up, seeing two red lines. He dropped it in the sink backing up against the bathroom door. His mouth was wide in shock. He looked at Buffy again but didn't say anything.

"Are you mad?" she asked.

Spike never wanted a girlfriend, never wanted children, and never planned for the future. Now, it was staring him in the face. This time he wasn't the one rolling the dice. Life had done it for him.

"No worries, so we're having a little one. It changes nothing." he replied, chuckling nervously.

Buffy responded by looking at Spike, thinking how he couldn't possibly be serious. Now she knew why it was all or nothing with him.

"How can you say that? It changes everything. I can't go with you to Mexico. It doesn't make sense now. I have to see a doctor." She said, walking pass him, facing the bed.

"Why so you can kill my child...that makes no sense, luv." Spike replied, walking up behind her. He encircled her in his arms, running his hands up and down her stomach. He kissed her shoulder, then her neck.

Feeling him pressed against her backside was suppose to make her think everything was going to be okay. Buffy knew she had to challenge him or nothing would stop Spike from treating everything so casually.

"It's wrong for us. You don't see it but I need to stop you."

"I can't let anybody stop me, luv."

"That's what I'm talking about Spike. You're twenty-six years old and you're still running."

"I know I have the devil dancing on my shoulder but I'm a good man, Buffy...just give me the chance." He said, moving his hands lower to rub his fingers up and down her pussy.

Buffy could feel herself melting at his words and touch. No matter how good it felt she had to continue challenging him.

"What will we do in Mexico once the money runs out?"

"Get more, keep going." Spike replied.

"How do we get more, become thieves?"

"I don't know. Why do you keep asking me questions about the future? I don't know about it...nobody knows about it...so fuck it, we roll the dice. As long as you love me then trust me when I say everything is going to be right as rain."

"I don't want to love you. I don't want to go with you."

"You love me...I know it."

"It doesn't matter if I love you."

"You love me...now say it."

Buffy started to cry.

"Say it" Spike shouted, turning her around to face him.

Buffy was still silent.

Spike released her, punching his fist into the wall. He grabbed her again.

"Alright then, if you say you don't love me then I'll go." Spike said, smirking and staring into her eyes.

Buffy was still silent.

"Go on, pet... say it...say it and I'll go. It's easy... say it." He shouted.

Buffy was still silent, staring into his eyes.

"You can't say it...can you?"

"I don't love you." She replied, looking away after the word don't.

"Liar...my little liar." Spike replied, kissing her and pouring every ounce of passion he had for her into it.

"Spike, please."

"Please what...make love to you." He replied, planting fevered kisses to her neck, face then back to her lips.

Buffy's head was spinning. She was giving into the passion as his mouth dominated hers.

"Yes"

Spike pulled away from her and smiled, unbuckling his belt from her waist and ripping the shirt open. He lowered her to the bed while his mouth found hers again. Their tongues intertwined lustfully. He kissed down her body, finding her erect nipples to bite and tease.

"Spike, you're insatiable." She whispered.

Spike looked up.

"So what, pet"

"I like it." Buffy replied, pulling him up to her by the shoulders to engage in a heated kiss.

Spike entered her, fucking her with a slow rhythmic motion while hovering above her.

"I know you love me. I can see it in her eyes. I feel it when I'm inside you just like this."

"Spike, I do love you...I do." Buffy whispered.

He lowered his head, taking hold of her lips with his as his body glided against hers. Buffy unleashed her passion and relinquished her soul as their pelvises rose and fell together in perfect synch. She moaned against his chest and neck. Spike gasped as Buffy took him in deeper and deeper. He was hitting her true hot spot and she was coming and coming hard. She cried out from the pleasure as it absorbed into every pore, every cell. Spike reached for her hands, locking them with his and bounding them to the bed while he pumped into her. The intensity of the moment ascended until it became overpowering. Spike came, whispering her name as a steady flow of hot semen filled her.

Spike called Dalton while Buffy slept, knowing she needed her rest. Everything was ready. He roused Buffy from her sleep, escorting her to the bathroom so the two could shower only to end up fucking again against the tiled wall. Finally, emerging clean and sated, they both dressed. Spike wanted to hot wire another car but decided against it, knowing it would take too much time to find the perfect one. He was going to take his chances with the Volkswagen since it was less suspicion form of transportation. He watched Buffy get dress, admiring her body as searched for signs of a bulging tummy.

"Ready, luv."

"I'm ready."

"Right, then...lets go."

Spike allowed Buffy to walk ahead of him out the door. He opened his duffel bag, pulling out the gun and tucking it in his waist. He was going to get rid of it. He stopped at a gas station to fill up, handing Buffy a one hundred dollar bill to pay for the gas and buy some snacks for the road.

"I'll be your last American food for a while, pet."

Buffy smiled as Spike patted her on the butt. She walked into the convenience store, looking for the most nutrition snacks she could find. She glanced over at the middle-aged woman eyeing her suspiciously, making Buffy feel uncomfortable. She looked away then walked behind some shelves, noticing the woman was still looking at her. She'd given up selecting her items carefully, wanting to hurry out of the store. She brought her items to the counter and noticed the clerk was missing. She called out for some help and then the woman reappeared from the back carrying a phone. The clerk seemed nervous while she rang up Buffy's items. Also, Buffy noticed the woman was taking her time scanning the items. She looked out the glass doors. Spike was sitting in the van, waiting for her. Finally when the woman finished, Buffy threw the money on the counter and ran out the store. She jumped into the passenger seat, looking at Spike with worry.

"Spike we have to get out of here now."

"It's too late, luv.' He replied, hearing the screaming sirens. He grabbed his duffel bag from the back seat. He pulled out his leather trench, handing it to Buffy.

"Here, put this on and don't ask me why."

"Spike its eighty degrees outside."

"Don't argue with me, pet. It will be clear to you later." He replied, looking out the back window, watching the police cars pull up.

"We can still make it. There are a hundred ways out of this town." Buffy replied.

Spike turned to her with his heart full of love. Tears filled his eyes, Buffy wanted to be with him to the bitter end. However, his time had run out and he wasn't going to drag her down with him. Spike had to let her go. He kissed her passionately then pulled away from her.

"Remember I'll always love you even in death. Take care of yourself and my child...make sure it a better life than I did."

Buffy looked at Spike with questioning eyes. She was confused why he was telling her this.

"Spike I'm scared. What are-?"

"Shhhh...put on the coat and don't say another word."

"But...I...I love you, too."

Spike smiled.

"I know you do." He replied, cupping her cheek then running his thumb across her bottom lip. Buffy kissed it. He closed his eyes, committing her beautiful face to memory. There wasn't much time. He jumped out of the van, running over to the to her side. He grabbed Buffy by the neck and shoulders, dragging her from the car. He pulled the gun from his waist, holding it to her head.

Detective Riley Finn and Forrest Graham along with nine other heavily armed cops pointed their guns at the lovers.

"Hold your positions, Riley shouted.

Spike whispered in Buffy ear, as he continued to drag her further and further away to the side of the building.

"Forgive me, luv but I have to do this."

Buffy did as she was told and didn't say a word. She understood what Spike was doing. She started to cry.

When Detective Finn saw Spike pulling Buffy around the side of the building, he radioed the sniper, waiting in position at a building across from the gas station. Unbeknownst to Spike he was placing himself right where Riley wanted him.

"Take the shot as soon as the girl is out of the way, over."

"Roger, that...over." The sniper replied.

The heel of Buffy's shoe had broken off from being dragged across the concrete. She and Spike stumbled but he managed to regain his balance while Buffy fell out of his arms. She looked up at him, seeing the concern on his expressive face only to see it splattered with blood from the bullet that pierced his chest. The force of the sniper's bullet knocked him backward but he didn't fall. However, the shot set off a chain reaction of other shots from the trigger-happy cops, riddling Spike's body with angry bullets. Buffy curled up into the fetal position, screaming and crying her eyes out.

"Cease fire" Detective Finn, shouted, hearing it repeated from cop to cop as the shooting came to an end.

Spike finally fell to the ground, crawling towards Buffy to grab a lock of her hair before dieing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Years Later

Buffy parked in front of the daycare center, waiting for William to come rushing out. She couldn't wait to see her little spitfire. After several other children walked out the door, she saw him rushing pass them, almost knocking them down to get to her.

"Mommy"

"How's my little man...did you miss me?"

"Yeah"

"Did you have fun today?"

"Yeah"

Buffy smiled at the brown haired, blue-eyed boy while she helped him into the car.

"Now fasten your seat belt, William"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, I don't want you bouncing around in the back seat." Buffy replied, laughing.

Little William smiled at his mother and Buffy lost it. He looked just like his father when he smiled at her. Quickly, she turned her head away, wiping the tears from her eyes. She waited a while before driving off; she needed to get herself together. Thoughts of Spike filled her head. She could still hear the gunshots, ringing in her ears. She had trouble sleeping for months after he was killed. She had taken a semester off from school to heal and see her doctor. She was indeed pregnant and glad she took the time off to prepare herself for the pregnancy. Her mother moved down from San Francisco to be help her out. Buffy had told her everything and was surprised her mother had taken it so well. Buffy figured it had something to do with her mother becoming a grandmother.

Buffy remembered when the police questioned her over and over again, finally concluding she was held against her will by Spike. Knowing she traumatized from her ordeal, they let her go without further hassle. When Buffy got home later that night, she cried and screamed until her eyes and insides hurt. She slept with Spike's trench coat for several weeks before finding out he hid the money inside the coat. The police knew nothing about it and Buffy wanted to keep it that way. She used the money to pay for college, graduating with honors. She moved out of her apartment and into a house, using some of the money as a down payment. There rest of the money was used to pay for her medical expenses after little William was born and investments for his future.

Also, Buffy found out she had gotten the internship at the art gallery. Understanding her ordeal, they held the position for her until she was ready to take it on. She thrived in the position and after successfully completing the internship she was promoted to manager then offered a partnership. Everything in her life was going well except her love life but that wasn't important. A few months ago, she ran into Detective Finn in the local grocery store and he asked her out on a date but she turned him down. Although it had been three years since Spike's death, Buffy still wasn't ready to get involved with any one. Little William was her priority and she was going to do everything humanly possible to insure he would have a good life just like his father wanted.

The End

A/N: I hoped everyone enjoyed the story as I enjoyed writing it for you.

A/N: I'm sorry I killed Spike but I warned you in the beginning there was more than one character death. Please forgive me and review.