Vicki showered and looked at her reflection in the mirror as she put on her blue jeans and green T-shirt. "He will be mine. After tonight, she will be gone, out of his life completely, and no longer in my way."



The phone rang as she finished tying her tennis shoes, causing her to smile when she recognized the number on the caller ID. "Hello. I take it it's a go?"



"Yes, we will get her over to the warehouse right at dusk, and then she will be history," the man's voice said. "The money will be placed into your account, and can I say it has been a pleasure doing business with you and look forward to future dealings."



"As long as you realize I choose my assignments, I will have a different life after tonight," she stated firmly, letting the man know she was in control of her life, not him or his bosses.



"I cannot make any promises, you know that." His voice became suddenly tense. "You will understand that you work for US now, and we have full control. If we say jump, your only question will be how high and where too. Is that understood, or do I need to give you a reminder as to who we are and the power we have over you?"



Vicki felt her throat tighten up. "No, sir. You don't have to show me. I think I understand what you are saying."



"You are a very smart girl," Travers told her right before he hung up, thinking to himself, 'If I didn't have a need for her in the future, she would be joining the Slayer tonight in meeting her death.'



For the first time since accepting the job from The Watcher's Council, she felt she had made a mistake in her decision to help them. Even if she gets her vamp in the end, she ends up losing her freedom and possibly loosing him if the wrong people found out about all of it. 'The Slayer's friends will kill me for helping in facilitating her death, and her now new bosses if her planned relationship with Spike develops as she plans. Well, I can work on Travers and his bunch later, maybe put myself in a position to assist them. But now, I have to get rid of her before I can do that.'



She finished getting ready and headed out to the warehouse district so she could put her plan in motion. There was a lot she had to do to get ready to make sure that the Slayer was the only one to show up, and it was going to take everything in her to make that happen.



~~~~~~~



"Buffy, it's for you," Dawn called from upstairs. "It's Willow."



Buffy had been looking through her clothes, trying to figure out what she should wear when she went to talk with Spike. 'I don't want to look like a ho looking for some action, but not too much like a cold fish either.'



"Tell her I will be right down," Buffy yelled as she decided to wear Spike's favorite black leather pants with a simple red T-shirt. 'His colors- maybe he will notice,' she thought as she quickly dressed and pulled on her short black boots to finish the outfit. 'Alright, bitch, whoever you are, be prepared to be knocked right on your ass if you even think about getting in my way.'



The blonde Slayer hurried down to answer the phone. "Hey, Wills, what's up?"



"Buffy, Giles called and needs you to go to this address. Seems there is a large nest of the fangy type. He needs you to check it out, thinks they are a part of some ritual or something that is due."



"Okay, got an address?" Buffy asked, feeling like something just was not right about this. "Is there a reason you are calling me and not Giles?"



"He called here first, thinking you'd be here training. He's busy working on this prophecy he found that involves Dawn and the key and asked if I'd call you. I could meet you there, if you'd like?"



Buffy instantly became worried about her sister and let that overcome her feeling of something wasn't right. "No, that's okay. Would you mind helping Giles? Give him a call back with the reach stuff, and when I'm finished at the warehouse, I will stop by, and you can fill me in on the 411."



"Are you sure, Buffy? I can call Anya and she can come help, or I could call Xander and see if he can come help?"



"Nah, if I need help I will call. Could be just a couple of the blood-breath evildoers, and I can handle that. I promise to call for back-up if I think there's too many or I will need some help," Buffy quickly reassured her friend. "I'm outta here and will see you after, okay?"



"Sure, Buffy, if that's how you want to handle it. I will call Giles and hopefully have some answers when you get here. Be careful, okay?"



"Betcha, talk to you soon." Buffy hung up, feeling frustrated that she couldn't stop and pick up Spike on the way, but there was still too much daylight, and time was wasting if she wanted to catch the vamps before dusk and feeding time.



Dawn had hung up after Buffy, glad her sister had not realized she had been on the line, listening. 'I'm going to get Spike- I don't care if she gets mad at me.'



The younger Summers waited until she heard the front door close after her sister had called out that she was leaving and would be home after patrol and stopping to see Giles at the Magic Shop. She ran over to her sister's weapons chest and pulled out a couple stakes and a crossbow right before she left to go and find her best friend.



Vicki hung up the phone and smiled to herself. "That was so easy-she is so stupid. Just how the hell did she stay the Slayer for so long and not be killed? She's so incompetent.'



She found it was easier to produce Willow's voice than Giles', and forget even trying Xander's. 'She wouldn't have believed Xander as much as Willow calling a message from Giles, anyway."



Vicki looked over at the gentlemen dressed in black, looking like the secret military type, and said, "She is on her way."



"Good work. Now, it is time for you to leave and stay as far away from here as possible," the taller of the two men instructed her. His tone of voice told her it was an order she was not to ignore.



"Right, me out of here. Not a problem at all." She nodded her head as she turned to leave out of the warehouse, now rigged with explosives that were to go off when a certain someone entered.



She never looked back to notice the other men as they entered from the side, and they did not notice her. Vicki turned to go visit a loose end that needed taking care of before he could tell someone about what she had paid him to do last night. 'Can't have that happening.' She smiled as she pulled out the little vial of poison she had concocted that late afternoon.



~~~~~~~



Spike walked into his crypt as soon as Clem said the coast was clear. The wrinkle-skinned demon had went in first to make sure the woman the blonde vampire had woken up next to was indeed gone. "No strange women here. It's safe to come into your own home now."



"Right funny you are there, mate." Spike rolled his eyes, as he made sure to keep an eye on the front door. "Well, let's get on with it, shall we?"



Clem watched his friend move over to the far wall to pull a stone out of the way to get to the stash of money hidden there. The demon community did not have a need for money, but when they had to go among the humans, it was a necessity. "We had best be going, Spike. Sun is going to be down soon."



No sooner as Spike put the stone back, the door to his crypt was forced open, causing it to almost hit him. "What the bloody hell?" he yelled.



"Spike, it's me. You have to go and help Buffy," Dawn started talking a mile a minute. "YouseeWillowcalledaboutanestandprophecy."



"Nibblet, you need to slow down. What is this about big sis and her needin' help?" Spike moved quickly to grab the young girl's upper arms to try and get her to calm down. "Breathe and take it from the top again."



Dawn's eyes were huge when she looked up at his, and she wished Buffy could see how much the vampire was in love with her. "Willow called about a nest of vamps down at 1103 Bray Street. Willow is helping Giles research about a prophecy about me being the key, so my sister, being the stupid blonde, told Willow she would go alone. You have to go and make sure she doesn't get killed. I can't lose her again. Not again, Spike. Please make sure she doesn't, okay?"



Spike pulled the young girl into his arms and hugged her as tightly as he could without hurting her. "You know I will make sure she is okay, pet. Now, you get on home and let the Big Bad go and piss off the Slayer." He chuckled when he heard the soft giggle come from her body.



"She will be pissed, and not only at you, but at me," she whispered. "She didn't tell me. I listened in on the phone without her knowing."



"Ah, little bit doing some spying on big sis." Spike pulled back to look down into her brown eyes. "Don't worry, pet, I will make it look like I was doing my usual tag along, okay?"



Dawn smiled as she nodded her head yes. "I hope one day she opens her eyes and sees what a good boyfriend you would make."



Spike closed his eyes as he thought about the last words his Slayer had said to him, causing a sad look to appear on his face. "Nibblet, that is a fantasy you need to get out of your pretty little head," he said as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Now, get on home so when she storms in they're all pissed off and what not, you'll be there and act all innocent and such."



"That is a fantasy I will have until the day I die- you and my sister being together and us being a family." Dawn smiled as she stood up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek quickly before turning around and running out of the crypt, towards home.



"Well, Clem looks like I have somewhere to go." Spike looked back at his friend to see the worried look on his face.



"I'm coming with you." Clem looked at him with determination on his face. "I know that warehouse, Spike, and there's no vampire nest there."



Spike's face took on a look of anger. "Do you know anything that would be helpful?"



"Only that some suspicious-looking people have been seen around there, but of the human kind," Clem told his friend what he had heard last night during a friendly game of kitty poker. "So I'm going with you because we know the limits you have with dealing with humans, and if you need something done to one to protect your girl, then I'm going to be needed."



"Clem," Spike smiled softy. "You’re a good friend."



"Well, yeah. Should we call the Scoobies and have them meet us?" Clem asked.



"Yeah, I guess we should." Spike worried that taking the time to call them would keep him from getting to his Slayer on time. 'Buffy, Luv, please be careful. I don't want to break a promise to our girl.'



Spike grabbed a blanket and the keys to his car. "Let's ride, shall we? Faster than going through the sewers, and we can stop at the Magic Box on the way."



"Sounds like a plan," Clem said as he moved ahead of the vampire. "I'll go first so I can open the door, and you can just jump right in."



"Great idea, mate, glad to have you covering my back." Spike sighed, the worry getting stronger, and his fear for his girl getting worse. "Clem, I feel something bad is going to happen."



"Don't think about it. Let's just do what we have to do." Clem smiled as he remembered the cell phone he had in his jacket pocket that he won last night from the silly man who had decided to play. "Forgot, I have one of those mobile phones I won last night."



Spike's smile grew as he pushed the demon toward the door. "Come on then. You can dial and talk while I drive to the warehouse."



Both demons ran for the car, one wrapped in a blanket, looking like the hounds from hell were chasing them. All thoughts of going to the Bronze and talking to Matt were forgotten for the moment. The Slayer's safety was taking precedence over Spike's worry that someone had drugged him last night.



~~~~~~~



Willow sat and listened to Anya go on and on about wedding plans, how she wanted this and that and Vogue said this and Bridle something said that. 'Goddess, can it just be over so we can stop being tortured so painfully?' she thought as she kept her ever-patent Willow smile on her face.



"Willow, I wish you'd be one of my bridesmaids, but I understand that Xander has to have a best person stand up for him. Just wished he had a male friend to be his best man like it says in the magazines," Anya rambled on, interested in only one thing- her need to have her wedding be as normal as possible. 'Even if my side will consist of my demon friends.'



Xander looked at the box of cookies that Willow had brought with her to the Magic Box and wished he could reach in and grab one, two, or three of them. 'The bride-to-be from hell would kill me. Says if I keep eating the way I have been, I won't fit in my tux.'



"I wonder where Buffy is? She was supposed to meet us here with Dawn so we could go and get the final fittings for the dresses," Anya sighed as she looked at the shop's door and then back at the clock.



"I'm sure she will be here soon." Willow smiled as she felt her lover take her hand and squeeze it gently.



Tara looked over at Willow and could feel the tension in her body. Ever since they'd found out that Buffy had been in Heaven and not the Hell dimension they had thought, Willow had been holding her hurt, anger, and guilt deep inside. 'You need to talk about it before it destroys you.'



The room became quiet as each person became lost in their thoughts. It went on for a while when the silence was broken with the shrill sound of the store's phone ringing, causing Anya to jump and run for the phone and the others to look around and try to think of something to say.



"Thank you for…" Anya never got to finish before an obnoxious vampire interrupted her.



"Look, pet, let me talk to one of the witches. Prefer Glenda now," Spike practically yelled.



"How rude," Anya snorted as she looked over at the others. "Tara, it's Spike for you."



The ex-demon suddenly smiled as she spoke into the phone. "Did you have many orgasms last night, Spike?"



"What are you... never mind, don’t have time for that," Spike growled. 'Damn, how does the demon girl know?'



"Hmmm, looked like you were in a hurry last night," Anya snorted before handing the phone over to Tara.



"Yes," the soft-spoken of the two softly answered.



"Glenda, get the Scoobies together and get to 1103 Bray on the double. Buffy could be in trouble," Spike said firmly. "Got a bad feelin' about this one, so don't waste time. Just get them there. Me and Clem are almost there now."



"Okay, not far from here." Tara looked over at the others and motioned for them to come closer. "We will meet you there."



The others looked at the blonde witch with questionable looks on their faces. Xander was the first ask, "What did dead boy Jr. want, and why should we do it?"



Tara cringed at the hostility in the other man's voice. "He...said..." Tara looked over at Willow for some support.



"It's okay, honey. Xander, stop being a poophead," she glared at her oldest best friend.



"Just don't know why we should do anything to help the undead, neutered boy flounder is all," Xander shrugged.



"Not…helping Spike…Buffy," Tara managed to say.



"Buffy," Xander stood attention. "He had better not have hurt her."



"He can't. Chipped, remember?" Anya snorted as she felt the jealousy burn inside her over Xander's concern over the alive, but dead inside, Slayer.



"He gave an address, 1103 Bray and…told us...to get…there fast," Tara sighed. "Said he and…Clem was on their way."



"That’s just two blocks from here. A lot of warehouses there," Xander informed them as he moved toward the door leading to the training room. "Let's grab some weapons and beat it over there, pronto."



The others silently followed him, grabbing various weapons that they could use in a fight. No one said anything as they moved quickly out of the Magic Shop with the intent to help their friend take out the bad guys.



*******