Buffy was sitting behind the front desk, filing her nails, when a bunch of guys walked into the building. She raised an eyebrow, looking at the four guys standing in front of her suddenly. There was a tall, broody brunette, a good-looking black man, a brunette with glasses, and a platinum blonde.

‘Nice selection. Do I get to make my choice before everyone else?’ she thought to herself.

“Hello. What can I do for you?” she asked, looking at all of the men.

“Well, we are looking for some of your…services,” the tall brunette said, extending a hand. “I’m Angel.”

“Nice name,” she smiled. “Do you have an appointment?” He nodded. Buffy scrolled through the appointment book. “Ah yes, Angel at four for Faith. Good choice. Had her before?” He shook his head. “I hope you don’t mind scratches and bruises.” His eyes widened and a frown settled on his features. “I’ll give her a heads-up to go easy on you.” He looked at the other brunette man, afraid. “And the other three? Voyeurism a part of the package?” The one with glasses took a step forward.

“Wesley Wyndham-Pryce,” he said, extending a hand. Buffy shook it and looked at the listing.

‘I wonder if he’s mine,’ she thought. ‘I’ve always had a thing for Brits.’

“Oh, you’ve got Vi,” she smiled. “She’s a sweetheart. Very gentle, I’ve been told. You’ll like her.”

“Great,” he smiled, looking pleased. “And this is Charles Gunn.” He pointed to the black man.

“And you sir have Kennedy,” Buffy smiled. “She’s friends with Faith. I hope you like it rough, too.” He looked at Angel, frowning. “Did no one inform you of the girls?” They both shook their heads. “Well, I hope you like it nonetheless.” She looked at the blonde. “And your name?”

“Spike,” he said, smirking. “Who do I have?”

‘Another hottie with a British accent,’ she thought. Buffy smiled back at him and looked at the book, suddenly grinning.

“Apparently, that would be me,” she said, looking back up at him. He grinned, too.

“How come Spike gets the nice one?” Charles Gunn asked, crossing his arms and looking at Angel.

“Who says I’m nice?” Buffy asked coyly, standing up and grabbing Spike’s hand. “The girls will come for you. Enjoy.” She led Spike to her room, down the hallway. “So, Spike, what exactly are you looking for?”

* * *

“Well, luv, I’m looking for pretty much anything you’ll give me,” he said, watching her shut and lock the door. “What are your specialties? Do you leave bruises, too?”

“Do you want me to?” Buffy asked, slowly approaching him. His eyes lit up as he studied her.

“You’re a pretty nice choice,” he said, looking up and down her body. “How’d I land such a beauty?”

“The fates must’ve been looking out for you,” she smiled softly, lighting candles. “Who ordered your package?”

“That was Cordelia, our friend,” he said. She looked at him, intrigued. “Yes, a girl. She thought we needed time off.” Buffy stifled a giggle as she shut off the lights, the flickering candles giving off a romantic glow. “You’re laughing, aren’t you?”

“Sincerely trying not to,” she said, looking at him. He slowly walked to her and ran his hand over her cheek.

“So, you sleep with strangers for money in this nice little harem?” he asked, looking down at her lips momentarily.

“It’s just a job,” she replied. “Not like I enjoy it.” He cocked an eyebrow. “What? I need money, so this is what I do. I’ve been in the business for about two months and get by on my own. Men can be…generous.”

“Unless they give you some disease,” he said sadly, looking into her eyes. Buffy frowned.

“I’m safe,” she replied. “Just like I require every guy to be. I don’t risk chances like that.” He nodded.

“Good,” he replied, trailing his hand down to her neck. “So, luv, how do we do this?”

“Well, you pretty much call all of the shots,” she answered. “I bend to your will. You choose, I act.”

“Acting?” he asked, crossing his arms. Buffy looked at him. “You’d be acting with me?”

“I’ve been told I’m convincing,” she offered. He narrowed his gaze. “Spike, I don’t know you. I do what you ask and deal with it. You want me on the floor, fine. Against the wall, fine. Upside down, fine. I do it all and follow your orders. You live out what you want, and we all leave happy. Okay?”

“No, I’m not ‘okay’,” he said sharply. Buffy sighed, exasperated, and sat on the edge of the bed. “You live like this?”

“Yeah, what of it?” she asked, leaning back on her hands. “It’s not so bad. I’m happy and get by. And you do realize you’ve only got an hour in the first place with me, so why are you wasting time?”

“I’m wasting time now?” he asked loudly. She frowned and looked down. “Talking about this is a waste? I’m bloody sorry, pet, but something isn’t sitting right with me.” Buffy sighed. “How old are you?”

“Eighteen,” she answered, looking at him funny. “Why?” He sat down beside her, looking down at his hands.

“You’re just a young girl,” he said quietly. She looked away. “Why did you decide to do this? For the money?”

“Had to do something,” she shrugged. “Got kicked out on my birthday and fell upon the job. Here I am.”

“So you’re a runaway?” he asked. Buffy nodded. “God, pet, I’m sorry.” She looked at him. “That you resorted to this, that you’ve been screwed over at such a young age. I feel like a perverted man who shouldn’t be here.”

“Well, if it’s any consolation, you’ve been the most considerate client I’ve ever had,” she said. He frowned. “Spike, this is what I do. I get paid for this, and I’d feel really awkward if I ended up rattling on for an hour and not giving you what you came for.” He frowned. “So do you want to get to this?”

“No,” he answered. She raised an eyebrow. “I want to talk. It’s not like I paid for this in the first place.” Buffy smiled softly. “Actually, I just want to get you out of here. Can we do that?” She shook her head. “Why not?”

“I’m working,” she replied. “I can’t just leave. I have…obligations. And appointments. I can’t just go.”

“Sure you can,” he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her up. “We’re leaving.” She followed him hesitantly as he led her out of the building and to an old black convertible parked at the curb.

“What about your friends?” she asked, looking at him. He got her in the car before getting in on his side.

“They’ve got Gunn’s truck,” he replied, shrugging. “Angel can reclaim his car later. Right now, we’re going away.” Buffy nodded and took a deep breath, looking up at the building as he started the car and drove off. “You know, ducks, I don’t even know your name.” She looked at him and smiled.

“Buffy,” she said quietly. He smirked and kept on driving. “Are you mocking my name, Billy?”

“Hey!” he said loudly, looking at her for a moment before focusing on the road again. “I’m saving you right now, princess. The least you can do is be nice to me.”

“Yes, you’re absolutely right,” she agreed, giggling. “So, are you Prince Charming or something?”

“Do you want me to be?” he asked, amused. She ducked her head, blushing, and looked outside. “I saw that.”

* * *


A/N: This is my first story I've ever written on my own, so I'm a little worried. Some of you might know my work from "False Pretenses", the story I co-wrote with the lovely Ashlee. I hope you enjoy this story, and please post a review for a budding author! Thanks!