A month later…

“Mom?” Buffy yelled downstairs. “I can’t find my earrings!” Joyce came upstairs and looked at her frantic daughter.

“You’re not dressed yet?” she asked. Buffy shook her head, still curling her hair. Joyce laughed and went through her jewelry box. “They’re not in here, honey. Are you sure you brought them when we moved?” She paused and shook her head defeatedly. “I think I’ve got something that’ll work.” Joyce left and returned with her pair of diamond stud earrings that Buffy’s father had given her on their tenth wedding anniversary. “Will these do?” Buffy gave her an appreciative smile and put them in quickly. “Now get dressed.” She went back down to the kitchen, and Buffy double-checked her make-up before grabbing her dress. It was a black silk spaghetti-strapped dress that cut low into her cleavage and was backless. It reached the floor and had a slight train to it. She slid on black stiletto heels and a silver necklace with a small diamond pendant dangling from it, also dipping into her cleavage. She smiled and walked down the stairs, looking at Joyce, who smiled warmly. “Absolutely beautiful.” Buffy smiled back at her, and they got in their car, heading to the gallery. Joyce let them in, and several people were already convened. She walked away to start mingling, and Buffy grabbed a champagne flute from a passing waitress.

She walked around the building a little, studying the works that were scattered about. She suddenly heard the band start in the main room, a classical quartet that sounded beautiful. She headed in that direction and watched them admiringly. She felt eyes on her, so she turned and felt her breathing hitch. Spike was on the other side of the room, watching her with a smile on his face. He was in a black suit with a white shirt and a crimson tie. She looked at him and smiled, too, deciding that he was by far the most gorgeous man she had ever known. He slowly approached her, their eyes locked the whole time. He stood in front of her and leaned down to kiss her gently. She kissed him back before he backed off slightly and grazed her cheek.

“You are absolutely stunning,” he whispered, gently rubbing his nose against hers in an Eskimo kiss. She grinned.

“You’re perfect,” she said quietly, wrapping her arms around his neck. Joyce came to stand beside them.

“You two make an absolutely beautiful couple,” she smiled, looking at the couple. Spike smiled back at her. “Hello, William.”

“Hello, Joyce,” he said, taking her hand in his and kissing the top of it. Buffy couldn’t help but smile at the display. “Thank you for this.”

“Thank you for letting me use these paintings,” she said, motioning around at the walls. “And for taking care of her.” He looked back at Buffy and kissed her temple softly. Joyce patted his shoulder and went to go talk to someone. Buffy looked up at him as he took one of her hands in his. He slowly led her out to the makeshift dance-floor where several other couples were dancing. He held her close, and she rested her head on his shoulder. He ran a hand slowly down her bare back.

“Trollop,” he whispered. She giggled and looked at him. He smiled softly and kissed her. “I love you.” She felt tears start forming in her eyes. He kissed her again and held her closer.

“I love you, too, William,” she said quietly, looking into his eyes. He smiled and kissed her forehead before she rested her head on his shoulder again.

‘This feels right. So absolutely right,’ she thought, sighing contently.

“Can I take you home tonight?” he asked. She looked at him. “I want to make love to you.” She smiled softly.

“I think I’d like that,” Buffy replied. He kissed her, and she kissed him back, not wanting the dream to end. “Spike?” He tilted her chin up to look at her. “You saved me, too.” He raised an eyebrow. “What you said that one night, about me making bad decisions- you were right. And you didn’t have to say it, but it meant a lot. So thank you.” He kissed her again.

“I can’t even list how many ways you saved me, baby,” he said, looking into her eyes. “I can’t thank you enough.” She nodded and buried her face in his neck. “I love you, Buffy.”
***************************************************************************


A/N I hope people still like this story...it's winding down fairly quickly. There are only two more sweet chapters left to go. I should have chapter 11 up in an hour, and chapter 12/epilogue will be up tomorrow afternoon. Reviews are still very welcome:)