About three months later, Willow returned for a week to stay with the Summers women again. Spike had set up a date for her and Xander the second night she was back, and she graciously accepted. The two girls met Xander and Spike at his apartment, and the blonde couple watched as their friends went out for dinner. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” he whispered, kissing her. “Are you free tomorrow night?” She nodded. “The band’s playing.”

“You know Willow and I’ll be there,” Buffy replied. He smiled and carried her upstairs to his bed, laying her down. “What’s the count up to now? Of how many pairs of underwear you owe me?”

“Upwards of seventy,” he replied, kissing her intensely. She giggled and held him close to her. “I’ll pay you back.”

“You always do,” she said, looking into his eyes. He kissed her again and ran his hand down her side. “Always.”

“And forever, baby,” he whispered, nuzzling his face into her neck. The night ended with passionate sex, as always. They couldn’t get enough of one another, even as time passed.

Xander and Willow returned later on that night, and the two girls left for home, Buffy getting every detail of the date. Willow blushed as she announced that her and Xander had kissed.

The next night, Willow and Buffy went to the club and sat at the bar, waiting for the band to start. Dan got them their drinks, and they talked until the band began. Both of them watched the guys admiringly, in awe of them. OF their guys.

During their break, Buffy noticed Spike look past her at Dan and nod. She raised an eyebrow, and Dan handed her another Cosmopolitan. “I’m not done with this one yet.” He took it away nonetheless. She looked at the new drink and saw something at the bottom. She lifted up the glass and felt tears form immediately. Willow gasped as she fished out a platinum ring with a square diamond in the center. She looked at it, her fingers shaking.

“Will you bestow upon me the privilege of marrying you?” a familiar voice asked behind her. She turned to see Spike standing there, a scared expression on his face. She noticed his hands were shaking, too. She smiled softly and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him intensely. He kissed her back instantly. “Is that a yes?”

“Yes,” she answered, kissing him again. He slid the ring on her finger and kissed her softly before taking her hand in his and kissing the ring. “Are you serious?” He smirked. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” he said, grazing her cheek and kissing her. “Always and forever, baby.” He took one last look at her before returning to the stage and giving a thumbs-up sign to the guys, who both broke out grinning. Angel went to the mike.

“I believe congratulations are in order for our bassist and his girlfriend,” he announced. The whole bar began clapping, and she giggled, looking at Spike, both of them grinning like idiots at each other. Willow hugged her, crying.

“Congratulations,” she said, giggling. “I can’t believe it! You’re engaged!” They both looked at Buffy’s ring.

“I am,” she said, crying, too. Willow laughed and hugged her again. “I’m getting married.” Buffy looked at Spike. He winked at her, and the band continued with their set. The girls watched until the end, and everyone came over to them, hugging Buffy and expressing congratulations. Xander and Willow went out, and Spike and Buffy headed to his apartment. “Mom’s going to flip.”

“I told her,” he said. She stopped walking, looking at him. “I told her the night of the gallery party. I just wanted to wait until the perfect time.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. “I love you, Buffy.”

“I love you, too,” she whispered, reveling in the feeling of his arms holding her close to him. “I’ll always love you.”
***************************************************************************


A/N This is the 2nd to last chapter, everyone. I really appreciate all of the reviews I've gotten-it means a lot that people take time out and comment on stories. I hope people liked this chapter, and I promise to post the epilogue some time on Monday. Thanks!:)