The next night, Buffy went over to Spike’s with Willow. When they got there, Spike opened the door and grinned. “Hey.”

“We having a threesome?” he asked, looking at Willow, who started blushing deep crimson. “Well, now I know why I can keep calling you Red.” He extended a hand, and she shook it. “We’ve never actually met. I’m Spike.”

“Willow,” she squeaked out. He chuckled and let them in before shutting the door. He looked at the girls.

“I can call over Xander,” he offered. “He has a thing for redheads.” Willow blushed even more. “And he’s single. And an American.” Buffy smiled. “Sound good?” Buffy nodded for her. “Be right back.” He picked up the phone and dialed a number while Willow and Buffy went to sit on a couch. Willow looked at her friend, worried.

“He’s inviting a guy over here for me?” she asked quietly. Buffy nodded. “I’ve never been with a guy before.”

“He’s not going to jump you, Will,” Buffy smirked. “Xander is probably the best guy from the band for you. He’s clean.”

“Good,” she said, sitting back. “But still, I don’t know how to act around guys. I’m quiet. Quiet Willow.”

“Yes, I know you are, honey,” Buffy smiled. “But it’ll be fine. I’m here for you- it’ll be like a mini-gathering.”

“Or an orgy,” Spike chuckled, walking over to them. Buffy shot him a look playfully. “Ouch! If looks could kill, baby.” He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. “So, your mum let you come over?” She blushed.

“Not exactly,” she replied. “We told her we were hitting the club. She’ll call my cell if she needs me.”

“Ahh, so she doesn’t know about me?” he asked. She shook her head, and he frowned. “I don’t have your number. House or cell. I don’t even know your address.” Buffy sighed. He got up and grabbed paper and a pen, and she jotted it all down. “Finally, Summers. Almost as if you don’t want me to be in your world.” She giggled. “Hey!” The doorbell rang, and he got up to open the door. Xander came in, and she saw Willow stare at him, smiling. Buffy patted her hand. “Ladies, this is Xander Harris. Xander, this is Buffy, and that’s her friend Willow.” He shook their hands and sat beside Spike on an adjacent couch.

“I’ve heard a lot about you, Buffy,” he smiled. “Spike can’t stop talking about you.” She laughed.

“Must be a pretty boring conversation then,” she said, smiling. Spike shot her a look. “What?”

“Can I talk to you for a minute, luv?” he asked. She nodded and stood up, following him out the apartment door. Buffy looked at him, worried. “I wasn’t kidding before about it seeming like you don’t want me to see how you live, how you are.”

“It’s not like that,” she replied. “But my mom isn’t going to be okay with you and I. She’s not that happy as it is with me going out nightly and coming home after my curfew. I’m easing her into the fact that I’m not some little kid anymore. And I’m not keeping you out of my life- I’m just getting acclimated to yours.”

“But I want to be a part of yours,” he said, putting his hands in his pockets. “I don’t know a whole lot about you, and I want to. I want to see your house, meet your mum, and try being a better guy. One who deserves you.” She smiled softly.

“You do deserve me,” Buffy whispered, leaning up to kiss him. He kissed her gently and grazed her cheek.

“Will you let me meet your mum sometime?” he asked, looking into her eyes. She sighed. “Please, Buffy?”

“Yeah,” she answered. He grinned. “But if she freaks out and keeps me from you, I’m blaming you.”

“I won’t let her keep you from me,” he said. “You’re my bloody salvation.” She grinned.

“You can be poetic?” she asked jokingly. He growled and pulled her back into the apartment. Willow and Xander were talking, and she smiled up at Spike before leaning to his ear. “Thank you for doing this.”

“Anything for you, kitten,” he replied, kissing her cheek. They went towards the couches. “So, what shall we do?”

“How ‘bout poker?” Xander asked. Willow and Buffy looked at each other. “I didn’t mean strip, if that’s what you’re thinking.” Spike chuckled. “Unless you girls want to. Mr. Exhibitionist over there doesn’t care, I’m sure.”

“I’m in,” Buffy replied, shrugging. Spike raised an eyebrow. “What? Afraid that Xander’s going to see me naked?”

“Yes,” he answered. “I veto that idea, mate. No one gets to see the goods besides me.” She laughed.

“Apparently Mr. Possessive does care,” she said. He scowled playfully at her. “Poker’s cool with me.”

“Good,” Xander said. “Go grab your cards, Spike. It’s going to be a competitive night.”
***************************************************************************




A/N Chapter 6 will be posted within the next two hours because it's the poker game itself. Enjoy this chapter, and reviews are greatly appreciated!