A/N Franchesca, there is another coke scene in this chapter, but since I wrote this a while ago, the idea of having to change the way Spike acts would be a complete chapter re-write, and I like the way it is. But again, I thank you for your review about drug info (you might've inspired me to write another story with drugs LOL).
***************************************************************************

About three weeks passed, and Joyce was almost halfway done with setting up the exhibit for Spike’s father’s paintings. On the night of the couple’s two-month anniversary of first meeting, Buffy decided to go to his apartment and surprise him. He opened the door, and she instantly knew that something was off. His eyes were a little bloodshot and glazed, not truly focusing on hers. He grinned upon seeing her and went to graze her cheek, but she took a step back. “You did coke, didn't you?”

“What?” he asked, dismissing it with a wave of his hand. She noticed that his nose was a little red.

“You’ve been snorting cocaine,” she said quietly, shaking her head slightly. “You told me you wouldn’t.”

“Baby, it’s okay,” he said, coming forward to hug her to him, but she took another step back. “Buffy, I-“

“You told me you wouldn’t do drugs anymore,” she said, feeling a tear escape her eye. “We made a deal.” She took another step back. “I trusted you. Your word.” Another retreating step followed. “It’s over, Spike.” She walked away, leaving the building. He caught up to her outside, grabbing her arm and turning her around.

“Buffy, please don’t do this,” he said sadly, looking into her eyes. “I screwed up. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-“

“To do coke?” she cut in, angry. He looked down. “You were doing so well, Spike. And you chose to change that. I’m sorry, but I told you I’d be out if you messed up. And you did. It’s over.” She turned again, but he pulled her back to him. Both of them were crying at that point. She looked down, not willing to see the hurt swirling in his eyes.

“Baby, please don’t leave me,” he pleaded, getting down on his knees in front of her. “I need you, Buffy. Please.”

“You should’ve thought about that before,” she said, taking another step back. “You knew the consequences. I’m sorry…William.” He looked at her, tears streaming down his cheeks as she turned her back on him and walked down the street, not looking back.

‘He knew how I felt about it. And he still did it,’ she thought, wiping off her cheeks and walking home, going up to her room and curling up on her bed. Joyce checked in on her, but Buffy didn’t tell her what happened. She couldn’t.

* * * * *

The next night, Joyce came home from the gallery and went up to Buffy’s room, sitting on her bed’s edge.

“William came by today,” she said. Buffy frowned. “He looked like a wreck. He said that you broke up with him.”

“I did,” she said, looking down. Joyce ran her hand over her daughter’s hair. “You’ll still do the exhibit though, right?” She nodded. “Good.” Joyce tilted Buffy’s chin up to look at her. “I still care about him.”

“I know you do, honey,” Joyce said, kissing her forehead. “He’s here, downstairs.” Buffy raised an eyebrow. “I told him you’re not home. Said you were out shopping. If you want to see him, you can, but if you don’t want to, stay up here. We have some business technicalities to look over.” Buffy nodded, and her mother left the room. Buffy pulled her hair into a messy bun and looked at her outfit- black pajama pants and a red lace camisole. She frowned and took off her pants to put on jeans.

‘Ha- no longer his two favorite colors.’ She quietly walked down the stairs and smelled chocolate. She peeked around a corner and saw Joyce and Spike drinking hot chocolates at the island in the kitchen, Spike looking down at his sadly. Buffy felt herself feeling even more guilty.

“It’s just…she’s everything to me,” she heard him say.

‘Business technicalities, eh? Liar,’ Buffy thought, frowning.

“She’s seen me at my worst, Joyce. And she still stayed by my side. Took care of me, helped me, understood me. And I know you’re not wild about the fact that your 16 year old was dating a 25 year old, but age never seemed to be a problem for us. We were on the same level, you know?” She nodded, and he sighed. “She saved me from the horrible world I was in, and I let myself be sucked back into it. I lost her, Joyce.” She put her hand on his and smiled softly.

“You didn’t lose her, Spike,” she said, looking at Buffy in the doorway. He turned around and looked at her. His eyes focused on hers, and she could see tears there. “I’ll let you two talk.” Joyce walked past her daughter and up the stairs.

“Hey,” Buffy said, leaning on the doorframe, crossing her arms. He stood up, facing her, looking insecure.

“Hey,” he replied quietly. She approached him slowly and kissed him softly. He looked at her, surprised. “Why?”

“Because I care about you,” she answered, grazing his cheek. “And you didn’t lose me.”

“But you told me it was over,” he said sadly. “I broke my word to you, luv. I still did coke last night. I don’t know why…it just happened, and I felt so weak. I can’t do it anymore, Buffy. Please. Make me not do it anymore.”

“I can only help you so much,” she replied quietly. “I want to save you, Spike. But you have to want to save yourself.”

“I want to,” he said, taking her hands in his. “I want to be a better man for you. I want to do the right thing.”

“I know you can,” she said. “You’re a good man. You’ve always been a good man.” He looked down. “We all make mistakes, Spike.” He looked back at her. “One last chance. That’s all. After that, it’s over. Definitely.” He hugged her to him and buried his face in her neck, breaking down. She held him close and ran her hand through his hair and over his back.

“I’m so sorry, baby,” he said quietly, his voice muffled by her skin. “I’m so sorry.” She shut her eyes, trying not to cry.

“I know,” she replied. “It’s okay. We’ll work through it. I promise.” He looked at her, and she wiped off his cheeks. “Okay?”

“You’ll help me?” he asked. She nodded, looking into his eyes. “Thank you, pet.” He kissed her softly. “Thank you.”
***************************************************************************


Since I had mixed reviews of people both wanting angst and them making up, I combined it into one chapter. I hope you like it, keep the reviews coming, and have a great night!:)