Authors: slayer rock chick AND spikesslayer29590

Disclaimer: we do not own any of the Buffy universe, that is all Joss Whedons wonderful creation.

Summary: Buffy and Spike start talking only to be inturrupted by the trio, something happens

Chapter three: Nerd Patrol

Buffy was strolling through the cemetery. She was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, black boots and a v-neck ¾ sleeved red shirt and a stake in her hand.

She knew this was Spikes cemetery and kept trying to tell herself that she was not here to see Spike, but she was lying to herself. Two weeks was too long to go without seeing him, especially now she was so used to him being there. ‘Was I taking him for granted?’ she wondered.

She tried to get her mind off him. So she began to sing the first thing that came to her head.

“Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.”

The hospital had a tv and this was all that seemed to be on, all the time. So she knew the song, and she knew it well. She stopped when she heard something move behind her, she turned around and Spike appeared in front of her.

“Slayer, we need to talk” he said to her solemnly. He was dressed in his trademark outfit: red buttoned down shirt, left open to reveal a black t-shit, a pair of black denim jeans, doc martins and his trademark leather duster. ‘Hot’ Buffy thought “oh, Bad Buffy’

“Spike, those are not the only words in the English language, sorry to disappoint” she tried to act indifferent and held her head high.

“So, you want me to say something else then? Ok, how long have you had a secret cheers obsession?” Buffy double taked ‘Crap so not going there’

“So, what was it you wanted to talk about again?” she asked him flipping her golden hair a little

“Us” he looked her straight in the eyes and she felt his eyes boring into her soul

“Why?” she seemed a little confused

“Because I think that you are hiding your feelings”

“And I think you are trying to hide your lack of brain cells” she replied sarcastically

“I’m not hiding anything” Spike said “where as you, appear to be hiding a lot”

Buffy kept walking, trying to avoid his piercing blue gaze.

“Buffy, I…” he was cut off by a loud scream, coming from behind a nearby crypt.

They both broke off into a run, dodging headstones.

Warren was there with Jonathan and Andrew, who were cowering against a mausoleum. Warren had a gun and before Buffy or Spike could stop him, he raised it and shot Jonathan. Jonathan fell to the ground with a thud and Warren smirked insanely.

Andrew began crying “oh my God, oh my God, Oh my God”

Warren raised the silver gun to Andrew, “it’s your turn buddy” he said preparing to shot again.

But before he knew what hit him, Buffy delivered a swift kick to his side. Buffy soon had him in a head lock and he had dropped the gun on the ground.

Andrew collapsed on the ground shaking, as Spike checked Jonathans pulse

“He’s dead” Spike said grimly

“Spike, ring 911” Buffy said reaching into her back pocket with her hand, her grip n warren still remaining strong. She grabbed her cell phone and threw it to him.

“Why?” Andrew sobbed. Warren was their friend. Wasn’t he?

The police came and arrested Warren and the paramedics took Jonathans limp body away. Buffy took a shaken Andrew to the only place where she could keep a good eye on him: home.

“Dawn, you’re sweet, can I call you princess Leia?” he asked her. After she helped him to get settled.

Spike, Buffy, Dawn and him went into the lounge room and Andrew was trying to break the awkward silence

“Spike, have you seen those episodes of Dr Who yet? I have them on DVD if you’re still interested, or Buffy, you could use some quality chill time with your homies”

“Huh?” Buffy asked him confused, Dawn just smiled.

“aww, he’s so cute, can we keep him?” she pouted

“I don’t know Dawn” Buffy said

“Oh, but he’s harmless, like a cute little puppy dog”

“Yes dawn, and what do they do but chew on the furniture and soul the carpet? Plus, he’s cute now, but what about when he grows up?”

“Buffy, he has no where to stay” dawn and Andrew pouted simultaneously

“Ok, I’ve just moved into mums room because it’s bigger, you can have my old room” Buffy told him.

“Awesome” Andrew said, jumping up and down excitedly on his seat, they just looked at him “I’ll be good and pay rent”

“Good boy” Spike said reclining in the armchair smoothly. Andrew looked at him with admiration.

“Goodnight Buffy, Andrew, Spike” Dawn said, heading towards the stairs rubbing her eyes. She had stayed up late and finished all her homework. She was beat.

“Night dawn” Buffy called to her brunette sister who was too tired to answer and just waved over her shoulder.

“I’m going to go to sleep to, goodnight” Andrew said as he yawned

After a few minutes of awkward silence between Buffy and Spike, she got up and went to the video cabinet.

‘I’m not in love with him if we just watch a movie’ she thought to herself

“What do you want to watch?” she asked him “something scary, something involving teenagers with over stimulated hormones or a musical?”

“Musical?” he asked with a raised eyebrow

“Grease, the rocky horror picture show, you know, the classics”

“Something scary then love” he told her in a voice that made her shiver- in a good way.

“The ring it is then”

Buffy sat down on the opposite end of the couch and became totally engrossed in the film, but she could feel spikes eyes on her every few minutes, as If he was checking to make sure she was still there.

At the end of the movie he looked over to her, she was fast asleep. He turned the video off and pulled Buffy into his arms.

She unknowingly snuggled into his embraced and he smiled. He carried her upstairs and put her into bed before locking the house up and leaving.

A/N: the theme song used in this is from the tv show 'cheers' just FYI