Authors: slayer rock chick AND spikesslayer29590

Disclaimer: we do not own any of the Buffy universe, that is all Joss Whedons wonderful creation.

Summary: Buffy finds out some shocking news that will change her life

Chapter four: ill and achey

Buffy woke up from a restless night. She felt like she had sea sickness. She looked around her room

“Check, not at sea” she murmured. Her stomach churned and she clapped her hand over her mouth and bolted across the hall to the bathroom. She lifted up the toilet seat and emptyed the contents of her stomach. Still heaving she heard a knock at the door.

“Buffy are you okay.” Dawn’s voice drifted through the timber of the door. She was worried about her sister.

“Yeah Dawnie, Ill be fine, just give me a few minutes.” Buffy answered her headstill in the toilet bowl. “Then I really need a shower”

“Buffy this is the fifth day this week you’ve woken up and thrown up.” Dawn told her “This isn’t like you at all, are you sure you’re okay. ‘Cause I don’t know about you but I am a little worried doesn’t your slayer advantage usually prevent stomach bugs”

“I know, but it probably is just a stomach bug, you know nothing to worry about, I’ll be fine in a few days” The Slayer said getting some towels from the cupboard before brushing her teeth, Her mouth was gross.

“Buffy I don’t think that’s it can you do something for me?” the brunette asked.

“Sure anything to prove that I’m okay.” Buffy said determined to stop Dawn from worrying.

“Good,” the littlest Summers said as she walked over to a plastic bag she had thrown on her bed. She pulled out a home pregnancy test and handed it to Buffy.

“No.” Buffy said

“Come on Buffy, you said you’d do anything and I was the one who had to walk into the shop and by this thing, and I ran into Xander- bye the way next time you see him tell him to stop looking at my stomach, its freaky. “

“Okay, I get your point and I will talk to Xander about the walking worry wart that is you, but it’s completely useless. I can’t be pregnant Dawn. Theres absoulutly NO way. You see I don’t know what they teach you kids at school now days but it takes two to tango if you know what I mean.”

“Then, whats the harm of doing the test.” The former key nagged. “Come on Buffy, for me, the loving, caring sister who holds you hair back.”

“Fine , I’ll do the stupid test.” Buffy said grabbing the test and returning closing the bathroom door cursing the evil little pee stick. eww

Dawn sat on the bed and waited.

A few minutes later Buffy walked out of the bathroom, test in her hand. She didn’t look very happy but confused and sad.

“So what did it say?” Dawn asked standing up

Buffy was silent for a few minutes lowering her head before answering “Positive.”

“Oh my God how is that possible , you said it wasn’t possible, how?...who?” Dawn asked her, shocked. How come her sister hadn’t told her she was seeing someone.

“Dawnie, there’s something I have to tell you” Buffy said, walking over to where her sister was standing. She hadn’t been with anyone else so, it had to be him. Right?

“You got that right sister” Dawn told her, crossing her arms over her chest “Who’s the secret guy?”

“Spike” Buffy told her

Dawns mouth formed into a perfect ‘o’ “but how? When? How?”

“I don’t know” Buffy said “well I know when, but I don’t know how, its not supposed to be possible, he’s a vampire, he’s not supposed to be able to get me pregnant. You know rifle but no ammunition sort of deal. That’s how it has always worked in the past.”

“It’s impossible it has to be someone else.” Dawn said trying to find reason. “Spike would be great, but it doesn’t fit. It must be someone else.

‘”No, it’s Spike there’s no one else……. Unless.” Buffy looked out the window at the bright sun which had already quite high in the sky. Was it really that late.

“What?” Dawn asked, Buffy snapped back

“These tests aren’t always right, I’ll go to the doctor and he’ll tell me there’s no bun cooking in this slayers oven. Like we already know of course. I think I’m no pregnant although I’ve never been pregnant before so I really wouldn’t know”

Dawn smiled at her. “How cool would it be if you were pregnant, I’d be an auntie, you are keeping it right? If theres anything there that is.”

“Of Course I would but we don’t know if there’s anything there yet.” Buffy tried to reason with her “I don’t want you to get your hopes up Dawn, I really don’t. Plus I don’t know if I am ready for that, for motherhood. Not by myself.”

“You won’t be alone, you’ll have me. Your sister who loves you. And you’ll have the scoobies you’ll have all us. Lets make an appointment like..now” Dawn said rushing out of the room.

Buffy looked down and placed a hand on her stomach smiling.

Doctors office

Buffy sat in the small doctors office, waiting for the results of the test. The room was full f matching wood furniture and upholstered chairs with high window where the sun shined in. It actually reminded her of Giles. It was a very British looking office.

The doctor, a local general practioner, who was about ten year older than Giles with grey in his hair, walked into the room and sat on the opposite side of his desk facing her, he was holding Buffy’s test results in her hand.

“Well Miss Summers, after the test we’ve done we are happy to tell you that you are in deed pregnant.”

Buffy looked at the doctor shock in her green eyes, she knew it was Spikes, that she loved him Dawn and the baby and that everything was going to be alright but for some reason, she fainted anyway.