Disclaimer: We do not own any of the characters of the Buffy or the Buffy universe they belong to Joss Whedon

Check out the Spuffy stories by spikes-slayer29590 they are in my faves

Chapter six: Confessions

“Yeah, uh, kinda, how did you know?

Tara smiled kindly and was not judgemental

“Your aura I could sense a change, it’s different…motherly. Who’s the father?”

“Spike…”

She was cut off by an exited voice

“Buffy’s pregnant with Spock’s offspring? Oh my God and I thought I loved star trek”

“Eww…no Spike” Dawn said before she noticed what she was saying

so much for secrets Buffy thought

“Andrew, eavesdropping is a naughty thing” Buffy scolded

“I’m sure you know all about naughty things considering the state you’re in Miss Buffy Summers” Andrew teased

Buffy just sighed and turned her attention to Tara

“So is there anything that you can tell me about the baby?”

Tara smiled again and said

“Your aura, it reads the baby is healthy, and human, anything else, ah, it’s too soon to tell when I’m not that experienced, it kinda has a Spike vibe to it though, if you get what I’m saying. How far are you along? When did you and Spike, uh, you know?”

“Three weeks tomorrow…wow…I’m pregnant, I still can’t get over that, and with Spikes child no less”

Andrew looked confused

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

“It’s a fantastic thing, I have a life growing inside of me, I’m going to be a mum” after a long pause, her eyes widened “oh, I’m going to have mum hair aren’t I?”

“Buffy I’m really happy for you, but what are you going to tell Spike?” Tara questioned her friend.

“I was hoping I won’t I have to tell him, Dawn could.”

“Buffy!”

“Fine then… Tara”

“No.”

“Andrew I’ll give you a star trek figurine.”

“Nice try Slayer, there isn’t one I don’t have.”

“A nude-y magazine then.”

“Oh alright!”

“Andrew!” Dawn and Tara yelled at the same time

“Or not’

“Guys I will do it – eventually- but you try telling a vampire who for years was your bitter enemy that you love him and are expecting his child.”

“You love him!” Dawn said excitedly with a huge smile on her face.

“Oops” Buffy turning her attention to the ground “Wasn’t supposed to let that cat outta the bag, you’re okay with it then?”

“Yes,” Dawn said jumping around on her seat “Tara? Andrew?”

Tara nodded and Andrew put on a sad face.

“So,” he said quietly “I guess you’ll be a big happy family and he’ll be moving in and the baby will grow big and be cute.”

“We are not going to kick Andrew, but when the baby gets bought back we can A) put you out in the dog kennel or B) make you be the nanny wearing the little hats and uniforms.” Buffy told him jokingly

“Or you can be both like the dog Nanna from Peter Pan.” Dawn commented and everyone looked at her. “I am so nota little kid!”

Andrew looked pensive for a moment then asked “The cartoon or the movie with Jeremy Scrumptious”

“Sumpter. Are you gay?” Dawn asked with her head tilted to the side.

“No, just observant.”

“Hey, back on the topic of me and Joan.” Buffy whined

“Joan? Andrew asked confused.

“Buffy you are soooo not naming the baby Joan full stop, end of discussion NO NO NO”

“I know but it got you’re attention didn’t it. Now about me being pregnant with Spikes baby.”

Willow chose that moment to enter the kitchen. “Buffy, you’re pregnant with Spikes baby?”
”Bloody hell” Buffy murmured and then saw Dawn was staring at her opened mouthed “What?”

“You are even talking like him now, majorly freaky”

“I have an excuse I am pregnant with his child, he’ part of me now.”

“Spikes accent is so cool I wish I pregnant with his child” Andrew chirped everyone just looked at him blankly “So, you know I could have an excuse to talk and act like him” More blank looks “Maybe I should be quiet now”

“I agree.” Dawn said with an odd look.

“Ah guys, information I need to know so I can stay sane.” Willow said awkwardly

Buffy side then told Willow the news.

“Wow,” was her best friends reply “Oh Wow it’s really true and…wow”

“Its great Willow, I’m going to be happy, but now I kind of have to tell him…. Want to do it for me?’

“Buffy!”

”Ok then, you people can tell Xander.”

“Hey Missy you got yourself into this beautiful baby shaped mess.” Dawn told her older sister.

“I think I should defiantly tell Spike first though, I mean he is the father,”

“Not Spock” Andrew added

“And too many people know before him already.”

“There’s a special doctor for babies and such, she’s Wicca with all the credentials, want me to make an appointment with her?” Tara asked helpfully

“Thanks Tara that would be great.” Buffy smiled

“When are you going to tell Spike about the baby?” Dawn asked

“No time like the present.” Buffy said getting up grabbing her jacket and heading out the door.

“Spock?” Willow asked the group, confused when the door shut.

Buffy walked through the cemetery on her way to Spikes crypt. She was really nervous.

She tried to get her mind off the task at hand by fiddling with her white shirt and straightening her denim skirt. She came to a stop in front of Spikes crypt door, rose her fist and paused. What was she going to say to him?

After a while she collected her courage and knocked.

“Come in” a British voice said from within the crypt.

She slowly pushed open the door and entered.

“Didn’t expect you to say come in”

“Well I could sense it was you, didn’t expect you to knock though, didn’t know you knew how.” He told her sitting on the sarcophagus. She sat on the other end and looked anywhere but him. Spike could see she was nervous and upset so he tried not to make her talk about her problems instead of trying to talk to her about them.

“Do you miss it?” He asked looking at her longingly.

She looked up at him “What?”

“Heaven” she was silent for a moment before she replied.

“I used to but, not anymore. I love my family, my friends, my life………and I love you.”

She met his eyes and he looked at her with love and affection and made to kiss her but she held him back.

“Spike there is something I have to tell you and it might come as a shock.” She gulped

“Trust me pet, there is nothing that can surprise me more than what you have just told me.” He said smiling as he brushed a strand of hair away from her face

“Spike, I’m pregnant.” His eyes hardened and he pulled his hand back from her face like he had been stung.

“Congratulations whose the lucky nancy bay?’

“Spike it’s you the baby it’s yours.”

Spike stood up and began to pace the room “Sodding Hell Buffy!” He yelled at the ceiling before turning to Buffy with a pleading look in his eyes. “Don’t lie anymore, please don’t I can’t stand it, can’t take it. I prefer knick the Spike anyday to telling me tall tails and white lies about loving me and having my baby, it not funny to tease me and tell me things like this.”

Buffy ducked her head to hide the tears in her eyes. She had done this wrong, she knew it. His words stung, why didn’t he understand?

“I care about Dawn so much.” He was again pacing “ and God help me I LOVE YOU BUFFY.” He yelled before leaning his forehead against the wall of the crypt.

“And then you come here, “ he choked out tears in his eyes “ get my hopes up and tell me you’re pregnant with some mans baby” his unneeded breathing had become slightly ragged.

“But Spike I never” Buffy said sadly more tears flowing down her cheeks.

“You didn’t have to say anything! I am a vampire that equals no children. God this hurts. Why does it have to hurt so much? Why do you have to hurt me so. We were together only a few weeks ago, was it before or after.” He banged his fist against the wall, still not looking at her. “Are you even pregnant? Is this just some device to teach me a lesson.”

“Get out”

“What?”

“Get out, I can’t even look at you right now”

“Oh really Spike then how do you think I feel” She choked as she bolted from the crypt.

When she had left Spike fell to the floor and hugged his knees to his chest as he let the tears flow freely, he thought she really cared for him, there had been little hints and their actions in the house but it seemed that she was just messing with him.

It was the only logical answer to him

Buffy silently cried and fastened her pace through the cemetery, her hands protectively clutched around her stomach.

Dawn was the only one home since Willow, Tara and Andrew had decided to go to the Magic Box to research.

When she entered the house, she slammed the door, ignored Dawn and went straight up to her bedroom. She closed the door and leaned against it, sliding down to the floor as the sobs racked her body.

Dawn heard her sisters cries from the other side of the door after following her upstairs, he fists clenched in rage and she stormed out of the house to yell at a certain bleached blonde vampire.

A/N written by Slayer rock chick and spikes-slayer29590

Thanks to Crazy4myspike and Buffy Fiction