AUTHORS: this story is written by slayer rock chick AND spikes-slayer29590

DISCLAIMER: we do not own any of the Buffy characters or universe, they belong to Joss Whedon, however, since we are such nice, generous people, we are willing to take Spike aka James Marsters off his hands, free of charge.

Chapter Seven - What Now?

Dawn threw open the doors of Spikes crypt and walked over to the depressed vampire who was sitting against the wall, nursing a bottle of Jack Daniels.

“What did you say to her?” she asked, trying not to let the rage overcome her.

“Told that, next time she lies she should make her story more believable.”

“Lie? What did she say?” Dawn asked carefully.

“That, she loves me and that she is impregnated with my British spawn.” He said taking a swig from the bottle.

“Spike, you’re a dope. The baby is yours and she does love you.”

“Sorry to disappoint you love, but the fact that I am a vampire, rules out the possibility of me having kids, besides how would you know if she loves me nibblet?”

“She told me that she loves you, she told Willow, Tara and Andrew as well. And the baby is your, the dates matched, there has been no one else and Tara read the aura and sensed you. The question now is – how. We are getting into research mode for that one.”

Spike stood up and walked over to Dawn, his voice low and hopeful.

“It’s really mine?” She nodded.

“Is it okay?” he asked.

“Healthy, human, boy or girl.” She replied happily. He smiled for a moment before his face became panic stricken.

“Bugger, Buffy how is she? I have to go see her.”

“She’s in her room crying, you have some major sucking up to do mister.”

Spike didn’t reply, he just grabbed a blanket and headed to the nearest sewer entrance.

When he got to the Summers residence, he headed upstairs and knocked on Buffys door.

“I’m fine Dawnie; I just want to be left alone.” She said through tears to the closed door.

“Luv, it’s me.”

“Go away; I don’t want to see you.”

Spike just ignored her, pushed open the bedroom door and walked in to see his Slayer with a tear stained face, messed up hair and a whole lot of tissues over the bed.

Spike looked at her, he was unsure if what to say, so he tried to make light of the situation

“You’re not crying over little old me are you?” he asked

“No, I’m crying over the other stupid, idiotic bleach blonde vampire that I know” she told him harshly “and didn’t I tell you to bugger off?”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, you wouldn’t get it Spock”

“Luv, I’m sorry” he told her sincerely, sitting down on the bed next to her. She got up ad walked to the door, he followed her and held her shoulders to stop her from leaving

“I’m sorry for what I said, I know you’re carrying the big bad junior” he told her softly

“What made you believe me?” she asked, her tone softening a little, although she tried to remain firm

“Well, the nibblet came and told me the story and talked some sense into me”

“Do you believe me when I tell you I love you, or did she have to convince you of that to?”

“It was so wonderful, I made her reassure me multiple times to make sure” he said with a smile, stroking her cheek softly

Fresh tears started to well up in her eyes

“Stupid hormones make me all emotional”

Spike smiled at her, he picked her up and carried her over to the bed. Laying her down gently, he lifted her shirt up and placed gentle kisses on her stomach. He began to softly caress her stomach, drawing imaginary circles on it.

He moved up the bed, lying next to Buffy, one hand still on her stomach, while the other was gently running through her hair

“I love you” he whispered in her ear “in fact, so bloody much” he added at the end

“I love you to” she told him

Spike leaned down and kissed her passionately, pulling her onto his chest, he nuzzled her neck and whispered to her to get some sleep.

“Okay” she replied, before she knew it, she had drifted off to sleep.

When Buffy awoke it was night and she felt well rested, she turned and saw Spikes face. He was sleeping peacefully and during the course of the night he had ended up spooned against her side, a possessive arm around her waist.

She smiled, and after many attempts that ended in her being dragged back, she removed herself from his embrace and slid off the bed. His eyes opened when he could no longer feel her body next to his.

“What are you doing luv.” He asked looking at her as she was searching through her wardrobe.

“Looking for some comfortable shoes, to patrol in.” she said not looking at him.

She found some, put them on and headed towards the door. She was stopped, however, when she was lifted up around the waist.

“Spike!” she yelled as he placed her on the bed.

“You’re not going to patrol.”

“What?”

“Your pregnant.”

“I am aware.” She said sarcastically.

“So that means no patrolling.’

“So what due to the fact that I am pregnant demons are gonna take an unpaid vacation for nine months?”

“I’ll kill them but, you can hang your slayer cape up for a while. I don’t want you or the baby in danger.”

“I’m always in danger.”

“Yeah but the baby will be a big weakness, pregnancy is a hard time….so I hear.”

He added thoughtfully.

“I hate it when you’re right.” She pouted

“Well get used to it, it happens often.” He said smirking “Now get back to bed, its three in the morning.”

“Okay, but if I go back to bed will you take your shirt off?” she asked excitedly.

“Can’t wait to get a peak of my, hot little body.” He asked smirking, expecting her to blush.

“I’d ask for more but I have to get up early in the morning.” She said as she started to attack the shirt in question.