CHAPTER 9 --

A/N: Yes, I’m back! I feel terrible that Return To You was on a bit of hiatus. You guys were giving such fantastic reviews, but I hit writer’s block. But I find that working on another story (Back Together) cured me. So, I’m pumping out the updates on both. I hope I haven’t lost anyone!

A/N: Now I know I have this story rated R -- and that’s for chapters like this. I don’t think it gets NC-17, because I meant for it to be more innocent then that. (‘Cause remember: This is William sex, not Spike sex (we’ll get to him later)). But just a heads up.

A/N: This was meant to be just a flashback as part of another chapter, but once I got going, the scene just kept growing and growing, so I made it it’s own chapter, with the next (present day) chapter to soon follow.

A/N: (Last one, I promise) I’m not completely happy with how this chapter turned out. Their first time is extremely important, but I didn’t want it to be this long. But, even at the length it’s at I feel like I’m leaving out important reactions and such. I was going for awkward innocence. Please let me know if I am remotely successful, it would be very helpful.




Flashback . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


“Do you really love me?” Buffy asked softly.

They were sprawled out on William’s bed after finishing their English homework for Romeo and Juliet, William having helped her grasp Shakespeare by acting out the scenes with her, much to her delight.

Will straightened at her words, leaning up on one arm to better face her, “Of course. Buffy, you’re my world.” And she was. There was no reason to get up for school in the morning besides the promise of seeing her. She looked at him with that angelic face of hers. She was wearing one of those sundresses he liked. This one had light pink flowers on it.

She leaned down to kiss him and he met her halfway.

“Show me?” She reached out to caress his face, gently taking off his glasses and setting them on the nightstand next to the bed.

William’s body couldn’t help but get excited. The only time she took off his glasses was when she let him make-out with her. The last couple times they’d done this, he’d been able to put his tongue in her mouth and touch her breast through the flimsy material of her shirt. He hoped they’d do it again.

Her hands slid up to his shirt. Bunching up the material, she pulled, satisfied when William came down with an “Ooff” on top of her. Unfazed by their ungraceful movements, she yanked him down to her mouth. Not minding the somewhat rough handling, William daringly opened his mouth and slid his tongue against her lips, almost choking in surprise when she immediately complied, moving her own tongue against his.

“Please, Will,” she asked against his lips. “Show me how much you love me.”

Now just comprehending her meaning, William nearly gave himself whiplash pulling back in surprise, taking hold of the hands that were now starting down his chest. “What?” he sputtered. “You mean . . .”

Buffy lowered her head and blushed a little, nervous about saying it aloud. They were both soon to be eighteen. A bunch of kids at school had done it and it didn’t seem like there was a time when her and William weren’t together. And although she was certain she’d be with him always, she didn’t want to wait anymore. She wanted him to be her first and only.

William was still blinking at her, shocked. “But my mum and da . . .”

“Are at Parent-Teacher night and won’t be home for hours,” she injected. When he didn’t respond right away, Buffy flushed brighter, and looked away. He didn’t want her. But why? She thought they loved each other? She had overheard Cordelia Chase in the bathroom one day, saying that guys always wanted it. There must be something wrong with her.

“Buffy,” he spoke her name and waited until she looked at him. “If you’re not sure at any time, you just say the word, alright?”

She responded with a beautiful smile, nodding her head in agreement and settling herself back against the pillows, waiting for him.

She was apparently letting him take the lead for a while, having been the instigator -- a move that had him nervous. William had no idea what to do when it came to sex. But he’d read a lot of books -- both medical and the ones his mother kept on her bookshelf with pictures of pirates and scantily clad women on the covers. And he knew it wouldn’t feel good for her at first. Not as good as it would feel to him. And he was sure it would feel great. So sure he was starting to shake with the anticipation.

Slowly reaching out, careful as if he might hurt her, he played with the straps of her dress. When her doe eyes continued to look back at him innocently, he continued by taking the thin material off her shoulders and leaned down to kiss the skin there. When she sighed and tilted her head to bare her neck to him, he peppered slow, hesitant kisses all over the area.

She ran her fingers deeply through his dark hair, a caress she knew he liked. Usually when they were at her house watching tv, she’d sit behind him and do this. His eyes would drift shut and his head would fall back. And she liked the purring sound he made.

Trailing her hands down, she came to the buttons on his shirt, her little tongue sticking out the side of her mouth in concentration as she undid each one. Pushing the shirt off him, he beheld her in absolute wonder -- as if not believing this was truly happening.

He tenderly lifted his hands to her breast, peeling away the fabric of the dress. He softly saw to them with his mouth, causing her to hold him to her. He pulled back.

“Effulgent,” he whispered, a smile at the corner of his lips.

Buffy gave him her own wistful smile, “What?” Possibly her most favorite thing about him was when he was struck with bouts of inspiration. Well now, it’s that and his stomach, she thought, blushing.

“Another word for gleaming,” he replied.

“Oh,” she answered, tracing her hands to his belt, smoothly undoing it, “I think I like that one.” She lifted up her hips, shimmying out of her dress, unconsciously grinding herself against him in the process.

Will yanked his trousers off, now both completely naked. He moved back to kiss her. She froze, “Will, do you have . . .”

“Oh, yes, of course,” he answered, fumbling for the condom. “I’m sorry, Buffy, I almost forgot.”

She kissed his brow, “It’s okay, I did too.”

He touched his forehead to hers, and she gave him an almost imperceptible nod.

When he entered her she gasped, grabbing onto his arms, “It hurts, Will,” she whimpered.

“I know, sweetheart. Just hold on, please. It will be better, I promise.” But it was an empty promise because Will had no idea how long it would take. He just held still, closed his eyes, and prayed it would be soon.

But he lost control for an instant and surged his hips. He heard her gasp in shock and stiffen under him. He looked at her wide-eyed, apologies ready to fall from his lips.

And just like that she look up and graced him with her smile. “Do that again.”

Figuring he must have done something right, Will repeated the action. Getting the same response from her and loving the surprised look that crossed her face every time, he steadily built the movement’s frequency and strength.

“Will, I love you.”

He opened his mouth to respond, but found himself incapable of speech, utterly and hopelessly lost in the rhythm and feel of her. He responded instead by smashing her mouth with his, muffling the sounds of their completed pleasure.



Later, they lay next to each other in bed, hands caressing anywhere they could find, talking about anything and everything. The current topic of conversation being Parent-Teacher Night.

“I wonder what you’re mom will say to Finn and Gunn’s parents,” she giggled, picturing Jenny with the parents of the boys who so openly tortured her son. “I hope she tells them off.”

Will’s face darkened and Buffy instantly wished she hadn’t said anything.

“Oh, Will, I wish you would just ignore them.”

But he couldn’t. By their continual mean-spirited jests, they were questioning his manhood, or whatever you wanted to call it. Questioning his ability to function as a man. And it wasn’t just them. It was the whole town. The rest of them didn’t do it knowingly, but they still treated him like a little boy. The nice little Giles boy who never did anything wrong and would grow up to be a replica of his father. The community my be accepting of such a fate, but his peers were not.

And William wanted more than that.

It never bothered him before. But in the past couple years, it had. He hadn’t said anything to Buffy about it. She knew that it bothered him, but had no idea to what extent.

But just for tonight, for Buffy, he’d block it out.

“Sleep for awhile? Before you have to go home?”

Buffy nodded sleepily, burrowing her body into his and quickly drifting off to sleep.

Pushing the negative thoughts away, William reached his arm behind him, setting the alarm to go off in a half-hour. Then, turning back to his goddess, he brushed blonde locks away from her face, placing a kiss on her forehead. He whispered to her how much he loved her, before lying back onto the pillow and falling asleep himself.

TBC