Chapter 2-
After Buffy had wrapped the gifts, she placed them under the tree, and watched a movie while she had her dinner. A half hour into the movie, Buffy couldn’t stop thinking about what Santa had said to her.

“Could I be honest with him?” She asked herself.

Shaking her head at that thought, Buffy took the dishes into the kitchen, and pushed the idea out of her mind.

“Oh great,” Buffy said as she noticed the dirty dishes. “Couldn’t they do their own dishes before they left?” She asked, standing by the sink.

“Guess not,” She said, picking up a dirty dish. “Ewww” She groaned at the thought of doing these dishes. After she washed the dishes, she left them in the strainer to dry. Someone else could put them away in the morning.

She then headed upstairs to her bedroom, changed into her pj’s, and laid down in bed and fell fast asleep. Santa had invaded her dreams that night. He told her to trust in Spike’s love and be honest with him. The last thing Santa had said to Buffy was, “Communication is most important in any relationship. Now don’t for get that little girl.”

At that instant, Buffy woke up, realizing Santa was right. “He was right. Santa was right.” She pushed the blanket off of her, and rose out of bed. “I owe Spike a Christmas present.”

Spike loved her so much; he endured whatever punishment Buffy gave out, only because she couldn’t handle facing the truth. The truth was, Buffy always felt something deep down for Spike, but was too scared to admit to it, fearing he’d leave her like Angel did. She couldn’t open herself up for that much pain again. Spike was always patient and understanding. He knew where the pain came from. After all, he was with Dru for a century.

Rising out of bed, Buffy quickly dressed into her jeans and blouse she had on before, and headed off to Spike’s crypt. In her heart, she knew it was the right thing to do. This was what she really and truly wanted for Christmas.

When she arrived at the crypt, Buffy hadn’t sensed him anywhere near, but went in anyway. She couldn’t run now because this was something she needed to do, not only for him, but for herself as well.

Buffy called out to him several times, but there was no answer. She climbed down the latter to the lower level. The room was lit in a soft glow from the candle light. It had a romantic feeling to it. Spike couldn’t have known Buffy was going to visit him tonight, could he?

Looking around the bed chamber, Buffy noticed something lying on the bed. It was red, white and fury. Curiously, she moved closer to the bed to get a better look. She realized what it was. Things were starting to make a little sense now. She could have saved herself this moment of stupidity.

“How can I be so stupid?” She asked herself and turned to leave.

Spike came from the sewers just in time to see her go up the ladder. He looked at the suit he’d left on the bed and put two and two together.

“Ah, bloody hell!” He rolled his eyes. “Buffy, wait…”

Hurrying up the ladder, Spike stopped Buffy from leaving by grabbing her arm and pulling her close to his body.

“What?” She turned, looking at him, hurt and anger evident in her voice.

With her other hand, she reached for stashed stake in the back of her jeans. If he pissed her off to much, she may just end her torment right here by staking him.

“Where are you going, slayer?”

“Home! Not let me go.” She tried wrenching her arm away.

“Let me explain!”

“There’s no need to explain. Not let me go!” She finally wrenched her arm away and headed for the door.

“Give me 5 minutes to explain.”

Buffy stopped, whipping around, glaring at him. “Explain what? You lied to me.” She snapped out. First, Buffy didn’t care, and now she’s jealous.

“Women,” Spike ground out as he rolled his eyes. “Just let me explain and then you’ll understand my reasons.”

What the hell is her problem?

“Alright 5 minutes, and when your 5 minutes are up, I’m going home.” she crossed her arms of her chest, waiting.

Pacing back and forth Spike thought carefully as to what he was going to say to her.

“I needed a job…”

“You work…” she laughed sarcastically. “I find that hard to believe.”

Cocking his head to one side, Spike raised his scarred eyebrow at her. That look did it to her every time. She was putty in his hand and he knew it. “I didn’t want to tell you like this. I wanted to give you something special for Christmas.”

He got me something anyway? After everything I’ve done to him?

“OH hell, I’ll just show you why I needed the god damn job. It was to pay for this…” He pulled something out of his pocket, and handed it to her He was a little flustered since she found out his secret.

Buffy’s eyes went wide starring at the present. Only one thought had crossed her mind even that scared her more than telling him the truth.

TBC