Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy it.
Chapter 5

“Spike?” Spike is looking at Brian holding on to his finger.

“Hmm?” He looks up to Buffy.

“Are you happy to be back?”

“Of course. I get to have a second chance to be with you. I have a son that now I get to help raise. I never thought that I would have any of this.”

“Well now you do.” Buffy rests a hand on his arm.

“I have almost everything I ever wanted. I only thing that is missing is you being my wife. I have the love of my life, our child, and my little sister. Nothing could make me happier.”

“Yes, William.”

"Yes, what,luv?"

“Yes, I’ll marry you. I love you and I want to be your wife. Plus might as well make it official because that is how the world will see you. I’ll have Giles get you an identity when we get home.”

“Okay, but it has to be under William Nathan Hollowell.”

“Why?”

“ Because that is my real name. And I want my family to have my name. Also I know it will make our mums happy. I also have a few bank accounts under that name.”

“ You have bank accounts?”

“Of course. Did you think I lived over a hundred years without money?”

“Oh. Its just that you always tried to get money out of us.”

“ That was for easy money. Don’t you remember me saying I could get you money?”

“Yeah, but I thought you would end up stealing the money. I didn’t know you actually had money.”

“ Well, know you do. I don’t hold it against you or anything, pet. You just never asked.” Buffy thinks for a few moments before speaking again.

“He looks a lot like you.”

“ Yeah notice that when you told me he was mine. I can’t believe I missed so much. I wish I could have been there.”

“ I wish you could have been there too. Maybe we can have another one in the future. For now lets focus on raising Brian together.” She kisses him softly. The kiss starts to deepen but is interrupted by the giggles coming from Brian as Buffy’s hair sweeping across his face. Buffy gently runs her fingers across his cheek. Spike smiles at the sight of his fiancé and his son. When Buffy lifts her head, she sees the look of love and adoration on Spike’s face. “ I really missed you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what.”

“For leaving you. Causing you hurt and sadness. For not being there through your pregnancy.”

“Spike, its okay. You did what you had to do. I’m thankful for what you did and that you came back. If you didn’t die Brian wouldn’t have been born because there would be no world left for him. I did keep wondering how I was going to answer the question, ‘Mommy, where’s Daddy?’ but now I don’t have to. I would have told him the truth anyways. You are the best thing in Brian’s, Dawn’s and my life. We all love you and will never stop.”

“But what if it’s not a miracle that I came back. What if I came back to hurt you guys?”

“You would never hurt us. It’s not in you. You will always protect us in the best way that you can. If it’s a prophecy, well figure it out and make sure you stay here.”

“Guys we’re here.” Dawn shuts the car off and hops out. Buffy and Spike climb out and Spike takes Brian out of his seat. Buffy grabs the diaper back while Dawn grabs the carrier for them to lay Brian down in later. Buffy and Spike clasp hands as they follow Dawn to the building’s door. When they enter the lobby, Jackie, a new slayer, stops them.

“Hey Buffy, Dawn.”

“Hey, Jackie. Can you have Willow, Xander, Faith, Robin and Kennedy meet me in my office?”

“Sure.” As they walk to the elevator Jackie stops Dawn. “Dawn, who is that hunk that is holding Brian? Buffy rarely lets anyone hold him.”

“That’s Spike. He’s Brian’s father.” Jackie’s mouth drops.

“I thought they said he died last year. The day Sunnydale was destroyed.”

“He did. Living on the Hellmouth, you’re used to people coming back from the dead. He’s one of the lucky ones.”

“Oh. I guess he is the reason Buffy called that little meeting.”

“Yeah. Well I better catch up with them. I’ll see you Thursday.” Dawn turns and rushes to catch up with her family. Jackie watches as the doors close before calling everyone t Buffy’s office.

++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++XX++X

When they get to Buffy’s office, she takes Brian from Spike and sits on her sofa with him. Spike watches as Buffy unbuttons the top two buttons of her blouse and brings Brian to her breast.

“I thought he drank from bottles.”

“That’s for when he is with the one of the others or if we’re in public. It’s mostly for when we leave the house. He does drink a lot.”

“So it’s your milk in the bottles?”

“Yeah, sweetie. Rather have him get the nutrients from me then have him on formula.” Spike sits next them. When Brian is done Buffy passes him to Spike. “Can you burp him?”
Spike nods as he puts Brian over his shoulder as Buffy buttons up her shirt. After Brian lets out two little burps he falls asleep on his father’s shoulder. Spike gently moves Brian so that he is lying in Spike’s arms cradle to his chest. Buffy places a light kiss on Brian’s forehead as her friends walk in.

“Hey….Spike?” Willow started to say hi to Buffy, but became confused at the sight of Spike holding a sleeping Brian.

“Hello, Red, Whelp, Faith, Robin, Kennedy.” He nods to each person as he says their name or knickname. Xander and Willow pass out when Spike talks.

To be continued….

A/n Sorry for the long wait. I’ve been busy with school and other personal problems. I should be start to post more chapters faster now that school is almost over and I get more free time. Please leave me a review of what you think of the story so far. I will try to write this story around what you think but I do have a plot line that I want to follow.
spikeakawilliam.