Chapter Ten

When it is over she sits up and turns to look at Spike. His eyes are closed and he looks peaceful. Buffy lightly kisses him. Spike's eyes fly open and he kisses her back. The kiss deepens. Buffy ends the kiss and stares into his eyes.

“ Thank you, Spike. No one has ever done something like that for me. It was really sweet.”

“ Well, I really love you and I don’t think these three words are enough to express how I feel about you. I hope that these songs can give you some idea of how I feel.”

“ Well, I didn’t really need the cd to tell me that. I already knew how much you love me just by looking into your eyes. Even before the soul, you’ve always had love in your eyes when you would look at me. The only times I would see it was when you would look at Dawn or me. I even saw it when you would look at mom. I never figured out why you eyes did that.”

“ It is because the Summers women always held a place in my heart. Ever since the truce we made I've always felt a twinge to come back to Sunnydale. I've never doubted my love for you, but I always knew you wound never love me back. Like I told Soldierboy ‘ a fellow's got to try.’ When you were using me I thought that was your way of showing me love. I didn’t see your love until you saved me from the First. Then you showed it all the time but hid it well. You let it show when you named me your champion. Of course you slipped in that little ‘ Faith still has my room’.”

“ I remember. You said something about your pride. Well, that night you had a prophetic dream. I didn’t know vampires could have them.”

“ Nether did I and I just realized your right. Technically I did drown in footwear. Our lives are just weird.”

“ That’s what we get for living on the Hellmouth for so long. Life just gets weird. Especially for a Slayer and a former vampire.”

“ Buffy? How are we going to do this in Cleveland?”

“ What do you mean, sweetie?”

“ I mean, are we going to share a room or is it going to be setup differently?”

“ Spike, we will be in the same room. It’s just that we have to cool it on the lovemaking. With over a hundred girls, it’s kind of crowded. Especially since they are all coming back this week.”

“ Okay, but we at least need to be alone one day a week. We really need to get our own house.”

“ Hopefully, we will, eventually. But right now we need to work on finding all the Slayers.”

“ I know. Hey, how is the line going to continue? I mean, are the potentials born after Willow’s spell going to stay potentials until they are called?”

“ I don’t know. We can ask Willow later. What time is it?”

“ Its 3:00. We should be landing anytime now. I already had Kennedy use the air phone to call dawn. We told her to be there at 3”oo and wait from there. So we should be able to get the luggage and leave quickly. We also told her to tell Xander and Giles that you want to talk to them, so they are staying at the house until we get there. Who do you think will have the worst reaction?”

“ Xander!” They say in unison. Buffy giggles. Spike kisses her forehead.

“ God, you're beautiful, Buffy. Especially, when you laugh.”

“ Thank you, baby.” They kiss just as the pilot comes on the PA system and announced that they were landing. Spike gathers the cd players and they laptop and follows Buffy's lead off the plane. Dawn is waiting at the gate. When Spike gets in her vision, she runs and hugs him tightly.

“ Hey, Nibblet.” Her grip tightens.

“ Spike! I'm so glad you're alive. How does it feel to be human?”

“ Okay. Air, Nibblet.” She lets go of Spike.

“ Sorry, Spike.” Buffy comes to stand next to him

“ That’s okay, Dawn. You're just excited.”

“ Of course I'm excited. You're alive, Spike. You’ve been like a brother to me and soon it will be permanent.”

“ Dawn, lets get the bags so we can get home. Spike and I have to talk to Giles.” They head to the baggage claim.

“ Okay, Buff. Its not like you're going to ask Giles to walk you down the aisle.”

“ Actually, we are. He is like a father to both us. And you know it, Dawn. Plus I've already talked to dad and he understands.”

“ Okay, so who are the bridesmaids and groomsmen?”

“ Well, I was thinking Willow, Kennedy, Cordelia, Fred, Faith, and you.” She turns to Spike. “ Who are you going to pair with Faith? I was thinking about it on the plane and decided to add her.”

“ Well, there’s Xander, who is best man, Gunn and Angel. I can always ask Robin to be one. Since faith and Robin are dating they can be paired up.”

“ Buffy, who is maid of honor?” Buffy turns to Dawn.

“ Actually, there’s two. You and Willow, but you will be with Xander. Will has Kennedy.”

“ Okay, Buffy.” they reach the baggage claim. Spike gets all the bags off the platform and everyone grabs their own. They head to the car. After Spike has loaded the trunk, they all get in with Willow, Kennedy, and Ally in the back and Spike and Buffy join Dawn in the front. They head to the house. When they stop at a red light Spike pulls out the cd player.

“ Dawn, Buffy and I got this cd player and a cd for you.”

“ Thanks, guys. And it’s purple.”

“ We have something else for you, but we’ll have to wait till we get ho0me to give it to you. We don’t want to scare Spike with you driving, if you're too excited.”

“ Okay, Buffy. I can't wait.” The rest of the ride was spent by Spike telling everyone how he became human. When they got to the house Spike saw how bug it was, rather how small it was. He keeps the comment to himself. They all grab their bags. Dawn ran into the house to see who was there. She ran back out and stopped in front of Buffy.

“ Buffy, Giles and Xander are home. Giles is in his room, but Xander is in the living room.”

“ Okay, Dawnie. Spike are you ready to go inside?”

“ Yeah, Buff. Ready as I’ll ever be.” Buffy can see that Spike is nervous, so she walks over to him and kisses him passionately. All the tension leaves his body. Buffy breaks the kiss. Willow, Kennedy and Ally already went inside.

“ Better?”

“ Yeah, hunny. Thank you.” Buffy smiles at him.

“ Welcome. Now lets go inside and get this over with. Okay?”

“ Okay.” Dawn steps in front of them.

“ Wait, you told me you have another present for me.”

“ Dawnie!?” Buffy glares at her.

“ Nibblet, you’ll get it after we talk to Giles.”

“ Okay, Spike. I’ll show Ally around.” Dawn goes inside.

“ Well, at least she hasn’t changed much.”

“ No, not really. Are you ready to do this?”

“ Yeah. I guess it is better to get it over with quickly. At least this time I have you by my side.” She grabs his free hand and the walk inside. Xander walks by.

“ Hey, Buffy. Hey, Spike… Spike?” Xander faints.

“ Didn’t think it would be that bad of a reaction.”

“ Spike! Lets try to wake him up.” They put their bags down and kneel next to Xander. Buffy shakes his shoulder.

“ Xander, wake up.” Xander slowly opens his eyes. He focuses on Buffy.

“ Buffy, am I seeing things or did Spike just walk into the house in broad daylight?”

“ The second one. Spike is human.”

“ Are you serious?”

“ Yeah, mate. Feel for yourself.” Spike lets Xander move his fingers to his jugular.

“ How… how did this happen?”

“ Long story, Xand. There is something else. Spike and I are engaged.” Xander's mouth drops.

“ Are you kidding me?”

“ No, Xander. This is for real.”

“ Okay. Well, all I have to say is congrats.”

“ Now you're kidding us?”

“ No, Buff. You are like a sister to me. What I have seen Spike do for you over the years has really changed my opinion of him. Granted it took him getting a soul and going insane, but my opinion changed nonetheless. If I had to choose someone for you to marry there is no doubt in my mind that now I would choose Spike. You are very lucky, Spike. Not many people find love and you did it when you were a demon. You’ve also shown more love for Buffy and Dawn than any of her previous boyfriends.”

“ Thanks, mate. I have a favor to ask you.”

“ What is it, Spike?”

“ Will you be my best man?”

“ I'd be honored.” Spike pats him on the back.

“ Now that you know Spike is alive we need to talk to Giles.”

“ Okay, Buffy. You should have him walk you down the aisle.”

“ We are.” Buffy and Spike walk up the stairs. Buffy leads Spike to Giles’s room. Buffy knocks on the door. After a minute Giles opens the door.

“ Buffy, welcome back.” He looks at Spike. “ Spike, you're alive.”

“ Giles, may we come in? Spike and I need to talk to you.”

“ Sure, Buffy. Come on in.” They follow Giles inside. Buffy and Spike sit on a small loveseat while Giles sits in a chair. “ What can I help you with, Buffy?”

“ We have some news to tell you and want to ask you something.”

“ Go right ahead, Buffy.” Buffy squeezes Spike's hand for support. He squeezes back lending his strength to her.

“ Giles, you’ve been my Watcher, my mentor, and my friend. I know I do some things against your judgment, but that is all part of growing up. As you can see Spike is human.” Giles looks at him, just acquiring the fact that Spike is sitting in direct sunlight. Giles looks back to Buffy. “ A few things have happen while I was in L.A. this week. What I am trying to say is Spike and I are engaged.”

“ Well, that is… that is happy news. Congratulations. I’m glad that you finally admit your feelings for Spike. I think you two will be very happy together.”

“ Thanks, Giles. Now for the hard part. Like I said you’ve been my Watcher, my mentor, and my friend. You’ve also been a dad to me and Dawn. It’s my greatest wish that you be the one to walk me down the aisle. So will you do me the honor of walking me to my future?”

“ Buffy, I am speechless. I will be honored to walk you down the aisle. I am honored that you think of me as a dad.”

“ Well, I guess that’s it for now. I’ll see you later.” Buffy and Spike get up and leave Giles in his room. They go back downstairs and grab their bags. Buffy leads Spike to her room. She places her bags on the bed.

“ This is a nice room, baby.” She turns to Spike.

“ I know, Spike. Its your room too, now.”

“ I know. Its just that I am to being in your room truly invited.” Buffy walks over to him.

“ Spike, baby. Look at me.” She lifts his head to meet his eyes. “ I was always afraid to say it out loud, but you’ve always been invited. You know that I love you. I never want to hear or see you doubt it.” She kisses him softly. “ Now let’s unpack. I'm sure Dawn is wondering where her present is.” Fifteen minutes later they walk into the living room to find that Faith and Robin are home. Spike has his laptop bag over his shoulder as he walks in behind Buffy.

“ Hey, B. Spike! I thought you died.”

“ I did, just the Powers decided to make me human.”

“ Well, at least now Buffy can be back to her old self again.”

“ Faith! How do you know about that?”

“ Oh, come on, B. I see it in the way you act. You’ve been miserable ever since he died.”

“ I know. I told him already. By the way we are engaged.”

“ Congratulations, Buffy.”

“ Way to go, B.”

“ Thanks, guys.” Buffy looks for Dawn, then to Spike.

“ Dawn! Come here.” Dawn walks in from the kitchen with Ally and Erika behind her.

“ What is it, Spike?”

“ Sit.” Dawn sits on the couch next to him. Spike pulls out the box with Dawn’s necklace in it and gives it to her. “ This is for you.” Dawn opens the box and pulls out the locket.

“ It’s beautiful, guys.”

“ Open it, Dawnie.” Dawn opens the locket and reads the inscription out loud.

“ ‘You are always in our hearts. Love, Buffy and Spike.’ Thanks, you guys.” Spike takes the locket from her and clasps it around her neck. He sits back and puts his arm around Buffy’s shoulders.

“ Now that everyone knows we are engaged. I want to take Buffy, Dawn, Faith, Willow, Kennedy, Robin, Xander, and Giles to dinner.”

“ Spike, you don’t have to do that.”

“ I want to. It'll be to celebrate. Since its four-fifteen now, we’ll leave at about five.”

“ Okay. Well, I guess we all should get ready.”

“ Okay, Buffy. Xander, can I see you for a minute?”

“ Sure.” Everyone leaves, but Xander and Spike.

“ Xander, I need to ask you a favor. Since I don’t know my way around Cleveland, what is a fancy restaurant around here?’

“ Well, since this is to celebrate your engagement, I would try Le Chardiar. It’s a nice French restaurant.”

“ Thanks, Xander. Do you have the number?”

“ Yeah, hold on.” Xander walks over to the desk and moves things around. He grabs a small piece of paper and hands it to Spike.

“ Thanks, Xander. Tell Giles to get ready, but don’t let anyone know where we’re going. Also, can you tell everyone to dress nice?”

“ Sure, Spike.” Xander turns and walks upstairs. Spike picks up the phone and calls the restaurant. The host answers the phone.

“ Le Chardiar, John speaking.”

“ Can I make a five-thirty reservation for nine?”

“ Yes. Can I have the last name of your party, sir?”

“ Summers.”

“ Thank you. You're all set for tonight.”

“ Thank you.” Spike hangs up the phone and walks upstairs to his and Buffy's room. When he opens the door he sees Buffy in a light blue cami and matching panties.

“ Hi, hunny.”

“ Hi, Spike. So, where are you taking us?”

“ It’s a surprise, Buffy. The only requirement is you have to wear something nice.”

“ Well, then you have to help me pick it out.” She smiles at him. Spike smiles back, then goes to look through the closet. He picks out a dark green, low-cut dress.

“ How about this one, Buffy?” She looks at the dress.

“ Why that one?” she likes the dress he picked, but she wants to torture him a little.

“ Because it would look beautiful on you.”

“ Oh, so you're saying that I wear stuff that makes me look ugly?” she turns her back to him to make it look like she is pouting. She is using all of her self-control to keep herself from laughing. Spike stands behind her.

“ Now you know that’s not what I mean.” He wraps his arms around her waist. “ You look beautiful in anything.” He brings his mouth close to her ear. “ Or nothing at all.”

“ Spike!” she turns to face him. He stares at her with a smirk on his face.

“ Well, its true.”

“ I know, but can't you wait till tonight?”

“ That’s another thing I want to talk to you about. How are the sleeping arrangements set up?”

“ What do you mean, Spike.”

“ I mean, do we share a room with the Chosen Ones?”

“ Chosen Ones? Spike, hunny. No, we don’t share a room. We might have to soon. Why do you want to know?”

“ Well, I needed to know if I had to get a hotel room tonight or not.”

“ Why?”

“ Because I'm going to worship you tonight. Now get dress before we are late for our reservations.” He smirks at her, then turns toward the closet. He pulls out a pair of black slacks and a black dress-shirt. He goes to the dresser and grabs a pair of silk boxers. “ I'm going to take a quick shower. Please be dress when I get out.”

“ Okay, Spike, but we have a private bathroom, and it’s that way.” She points to a door on the other side of the bed. Spike smiles at her, then walks into the bathroom. He places his clothes on the toilet and turns on the shower. He hops in and ten minutes later he steps out and gets dress. He walks back into the bedroom to find Buffy at the vanity putting on her make-up.

“ You look exquisite, baby.”

“ Thanks, hunny. Its four-fifty. We should hurry up and get downstairs. We need to figure out how we are doing the driving arrangements.” She gets up and walks over to him.

“ Okay, sweetie. You go ahead and go downstairs. I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

“ Okay, hunny.” Buffy leave the room and goes downstairs. Spike grabs a nice jacket out of the closet and puts it on. He grabs Buffy's locket out of the laptop bag and slips it into his pocket, then meets Buffy downstairs. Everyone who is going to the restaurant in waiting in the living room.

“ Okay, Xander has to drive the first car because he knows where we are going. I’ll be driving the second car behind him with Buffy. That means you have to figure out who’s going in which car.” After five minutes of debating, Xander, Willow, Kennedy, Giles, and Dawn get into one car as Buffy, Spike, Faith, and Robin get into the second car. They head to the restaurant.

“ So, B, have you picked a date yet?”

“ Come on, Faith, they’ve only been engaged a few days.”

“ Actually, we've picked August 20th. It is also a night ceremony.”

“ B, that’s in about two months!”

“ We know, Faith. That’s why we picked it. We’re just going to have family and the girls there. We also want you and Robin to be in the wedding party.”

“ You, serious, B? I'd have to say yeah, we’ll be in it.”

“ Thanks, Faith. We really need to work on it. I just wish mom was here to see me.”

“ Buffy, luv, like I said the other day, your mom is watching over us. She is here in spirit, just like Tara. I'm sure we would have their blessings if they were here right now. You should take it as a good sign that we have Angel’s blessing.”

“ Wait, did I hear that right. You two have Angel’s blessing?”

“ Yeah, Faith. Angel is also going to be a groomsmen. Oh yeah, Cordy woke up from a coma.”

“ Cordy was in a coma?”

“ Yeah, it happened after you and Willow left.”

“ See, we miss stuff when we stop apocalypses.”

“ It’s okay, Faith. That’s what phones are for. Anyway we should have everyone up to speed soon.” They arrive at the restaurant.

“ We’re here.”