Chapter Eleven

Buffy looks up to see which restaurant it is.

“ Oh my god, Spike. You do know that this is an expansive restaurant, right?”

“ Yeah, and I thought it would be nice to celebrate in style.” Buffy kisses him passionately, but quickly and gets out of the car. She walks up to stand next to Dawn and Willow. Buffy turns to Willow.

“ Will, can you believe Spike is doing this?”

“ Aren't you worried that he will use up all his money?”

“ Not really, according to his bank statements and his computer program, he has a couple million in different accounts around the world. I made him promise that if we have kids that he will stop.”

“ You mean I'm going to have a millionaire brother? That’s going to be so cool.”

“ Hey, before you start envisioning stuff and drooling, I don’t want you asking him for money unless you really need it. And I mean only for food.” Spike walks up and wraps his arms around her waist and rests his chin on her shoulder.

“ What are you lovely ladies talking about?”

“ You, hunny. Just how sweet it is that you are doing this.”

“ Oh, I am flattered that you would male me the topic of your discussion. Now, if I'm not mistaken, we have reservations.” They all enter the restaurant. Spike walked up to the host and said that they had a reservation. They are showed to their table. They sit and order their dinner.

“ Boys, we are going to go freshen up. Will you guys be alright for a few minutes?”

“ Yeah, luv. Just hurry back so that we can really celebrate.”

“ Okay, Spike.” The women leave to go to the restroom.

“ So, Spike. Do we need to give you the ‘hurt her and you’ll be sorry’ speech?”

“ No, Xander. I just have a few questions to ask you guys.”

“ Shoot.”

“ Okay. I want to know where I can buy some land?”

“ How much land do you want to buy?”

“ About a hundred acres. Since we are at a new Hellmouth I figure we will be here awhile and the three of us know that the house is not going to be able to hold more that a few more new Slayers. I want the land to build a five bedroom house for Buffy, Dawn and I and about a two hundred room house for you guys and the new Slayers.”

“ But, Spike, that going to cost a lot of money.”

“ Don’t worry, Giles, I have more than enough. I want Buffy and I to have our own house, but also for her to be close to the new Slayers. The houses will be connected by a long hallway, but only Buffy, Dawn and I will be in the small house. I figure two hundred rooms will be enough. One hundred ninety-five for the girls and the other five for you guys and Willow and Kennedy. I want it to be a wedding present for Buffy. The rest of the big house will be designed with your help. Giles and Robin, I especially want your opinions. As for Xander, not being mean, you can help a little, but over all I will decide. You guys can't let anyone know”

“ We won't, Spike. We will help, but we should get started tomorrow.”

“ Okay. Now lets talk about something else so that the ladies don’t get suspicious.”


Meanwhile in the restroom Buffy is talking to the others about Spike.

“ Something is up.”

“ Buffy, what do you mean?”

“ I mean Spike has something planned. He takes us out to one of the most expansive restaurants in Cleveland. He wanted to know the sleeping arrangements. He is definitely up to something.”

“ Buffy, he is just being a regular boyfriend. Don’t worry about it. If he pulls something its because he loves you.”

“ Yeah, B. you guys are getting married. He will try to pull things. Spike would want to surprise you. Its in their nature as guys.”

“ Thanks, Faith. I know I am a little paranoid, but it is an feeling in my gut that is telling me he is up to something.”

“ Buffy, don’t get yourself worked up on this. If I've learned anything from being your sister, it is that life is too short to worry about everything. Your job is to guard the Hellmouth. Since Willow’s spell you’ve been given a choice to live a normal life. You chose that and chose to teach the mew girls. Just let Spike surprise you once in a while.”

“ Okay, Dawnie. When did you turn into mom?”

“ When the battle started.” They all giggle at that.

“ I think it would be wise if we return to the boys. We don’t want them to kill each other.” They leave the restroom and return to the table. To their surprise the men where having a polite conversation. Buffy kisses Spike as she sits down and faith kisses Robin.

“ So, I see you guys didn’t kill my fiancé. I take it as a good sign.”

“ Well, luv, they wouldn’t want to cause you pain so the let me live.”

“ Good, cause I would beat them if they harm you.” The waiter comes over with their dinners.

“ Ah, here comes our dinner.” They all eat and discuss what is new in their lives. They finish and order dessert. Buffy turns and talks to Willow. Spike takes the locket out of his pocket and places it in front of her. When she turns back she sees the box.

“ What's this?”

“ Open it and find out.” She opens the box and pulls out the locket. She looks at the diamond, then opens it. She reads the inscription to herself. She turns and kisses Spike.

“ Thank you, hunny.”

“ You're welcome, Buffy.” He kisses her.

“ Buffy, what's it say?”

“ It says, ‘You own my heart and so much more. Love always, Spike.’ Help me put it on?” Spike takes the locket and clasps it around her neck.

“ That’s so sweet.”

“ Thanks, Red.” They eat dessert, then leave. They all head back to the house. When they get there, Buffy and Spike head to their room. Buffy undresses and slips into one of Spike's t-shirts. Spike takes off his shirt and sits in the edge if the bed. Buffy drapes her arms over his shoulders.

“ Sweetie, what's wrong?”

“ Nothing, just thinking. Do you really want kids?”

“ Someday I do. Why?”

“ Well, I was thinking about the past week. We kind of didn’t use any protection.”

“ Oh. I'm sorry.” Buffy starts to cry.

“ Buffy, don’t cry. That’s not what I meant. I meant that if we don’t use any protection we could have a child anytime and I am not sure when exactly you would want one.” Buffy wipes her eyes.

“ I'm sorry, Spike. I don’t know when I want to have a child. I guess when it happens it happens. I just want us to be happy. When do you want a child?”

“ I don’t care when, just as long as it’s yours and mine. You are who I fell in love with and plan to spend the rest of my life with.”

“ And I, you. Spike?”

“ Yeah, sweetheart?”

“ Why did you say ‘No you don’t,’ when I first said I love you?”

“ Because I wanted you to be able to move on. I knew that I was not going to makes and that you love me. Part of the reason I did it was because I love you, so I couldn’t let you feel guilty for my death. I wanted you to finally have a ‘normal life.’”

“ But my life will never be normal. For me normal is fighting evil and loving a vampire turned human. Since I fell in love with you I started to accept that what I thought was normal just wasn’t normal for me.”

“ Anyway you're extraordinary for me and I love you Buffy Anne Summers.”

“ I love you too, William Taylor. What is your real middle name?”

“ It is Brian. William Brian Taylor. Soon to be William Brian Summers.”

“ Well I love you, William Brian Taylor.”

“ I hope you do. It would be bad if we got married and didn’t love each other.”

“ Hey, play nice.”

“ I never play nice.” He grabs her arms and pulls her into his lap. “And that’s what you love about me.”

“ One of many things.” She kisses him. He tickles her side. She giggles as she breaks the kiss. “Stop It.”

“ Make me.”

“ Déjà vu.”

“ Huh?”

“ The day after we first slept together I told you to stop it cause I wanted to go but you wouldn’t let me and said make me. So déjà vu.”

“ Ah. Now I remember. That was the day I let my mouth run. Kind of funny now.” Buffy giggles. “I love when you giggle and laugh. Haven’t seen you laughing or being truly happy in a while.”

“ Now I have a good reason to be. Just like you do.” She rests her head on his chest while he wraps his arms around her. “ Promise you won't leave me again.”

“ Buffy, I promise that if it is in my power I will not leave you. I promise that I will protect you and our children in any and every way I can. You are to be my wife. To me that is one of the greatest honors you could bestow on me. That and letting me be the father of your children, while accepting my love.”

“ Spike, you are going to be my husband and I can't ask for more. You're all I want and need. If I was asked to choose between the life I have or a normal life without you I would say they can shove that normal life up their arses.”

“ Arses? You’ve been hanging around me too long.”

“ Yeah, but I wouldn’t trade it for any thing. Our children will be lucky to have you as a father.”

“ And you as a mother. Never doubt yourself. I can't think of any one better to bare children.”

“ Thank you, hunny.”

“ You're welcome, sweetheart. Now lets get to bed.”

“ I thought you were going to worship me?” Buffy gives him a mischievous smile. Spike turns and drops her on the bed, covering her body with his.

“ Who said anything about sleeping?” Before she can answer him, Spike crushes his lips to hers. He slowly takes off the t-shirt she is wearing. Spike takes thirty minutes to kiss every inch of her body. He moves back to her mound and flicks her clit with his tongues. He moves down to her folds and inserts his tongue and sucks her juices. Buffy's hands curl into his hair. Buffy feels her muscles clench.

“ Spike... I need... inside... now.” Spike moves back up her body.

“ Anything for you, baby.” Spike gently enters Buffy. On the first thrust she comes biting her lip to keep from screaming out. As Spike moves inside her, the fire rebuilds. A few minutes later they both come with the whisper of each other’s name. Three hours later they collapse, exhausted. Spike spoons against Buffy's back.

“ I love you, Spike.”

“ I love you too, Buffy. Now get some rest.” They both fall asleep in a matter of minutes.