Chapter Two

When Buffy wakes up, Spike is still asleep. It is morning so she gets dress and goes downstairs. Everyone but Angel is surprised to see her. They all say ‘hi’ to her.

“ Where’s Cordelia?”

“ Buffy, Cordelia is in a coma. It’s kind of a long story.”

“ Guys, just give me the short version.” Spike comes down stairs. He stands next to Buffy.

“ Well, Buffy, you know that Cordy became part demon because her visions were killing her, right?”

“ Yeah, I know that.”

“ Cordy became a higher being about a year ago. A couple of months ago Cordy came back. She didn’t remember who she was when she came back. She became mystically pregnant. She actually gave birth to a bug demon, which used a lot of Cordy’s life energy to be born. Cordy has been in a coma ever since.”

“ I’d hate to hear the long story. Angel I will see if Willow can do anything to help.”

“ Thanks, Buffy. Hey, when are you leaving?”

“ Late tonight or early tomorrow. Depends on what happens today. Why, need help on anything?”

“ No, just wanted to know. Do you want something to eat?”

“ Sure, Angel.” Buffy follows Angel into the kitchen.“ So, Buffy, did you and Spike have a nice talk?”

“ Do you really need to ask or are you just trying to be nice, Angel?”

“ Well Buffy, I am a vampire. Just being nice, I guess.”

“ Its okay, Angel. Besides you can't tell me that in five years you haven’t fallen in love with someone.” She smiles at him.

“ Well, Buffy, I am actually in love with Cordy.”

“ See, I knew you couldn’t let me down, Angel.” They both laugh. “ Wes has sure changed since he was in Sunnydale, hasn’t he?”

“ Yes he has, Buffy. We all have. One part left out of the short version was that Connor was born so that Cordy could become pregnant. Hard to see me being a father, isn’t it?”

“ Yes and no, Angel. You being a vampire and having a human child is hard to see but you are good, Angel. You know what is right. I don’t think Connor could have a better father than you. Were is he anyway?”

“ Wolfram & Hart gave him a family, but thanks, Buffy. That is very insightful.”

“ Well, what can I say? When you’ve been through what I have, what else is there?”

“ Buffy, do you think I have a chance with Cordelia?”

“ Angel, you love her. I think you have more then a chance. The question is if she is in love with you. And why wouldn’t she be, you are a great guy and I am speaking from experience.”

“ If she ever wakes up, I will have to tell her my feelings and hope she feels the same.”

“ She probably does, Angel. I am sure if she were here now she would tell you the same thing. You just need to have some faith. When she wakes up and she will wake up, take the risk, you will feel better with your feelings out in the open than if you kept them inside. Angel, have confidence in your self. We all will get through this. I promise. Remember I still have to talk to Willow. I promise that I will call you with her answer.” She looks at him sternly.

“ Buffy, thank you, not just for you going to ask Willow, but thanks for just being here. You helped me as much as I helped you last night.” Angel looks at Buffy graciously. Lorne comes into the kitchen excited.

“ Angel, she’s awake. Cordy is awake. She is asking for you.”

“ Go, Angel. Tell her what you told me.” He looks at her deeply. “ Good luck, Angel.”

“ Thanks, Buffy.” Angel and Lorne leave the kitchen. Two minutes later Spike comes into the kitchen.

“ So, Buffy, are you glad you came to L.A.?” He stands behind her and wraps his arms around her waist.

“ Actually, I am. Angel helped me by taking me to you and I helped him by talking to him. I’d say this is one of the best visits to L.A. I have had.” Buffy turns around and wraps her arms around Spike's neck. She gazes into his eyes.

“ So, what did you and Angel talk about?”

“ We talked about how everyone here in L.A. is doing. We talked about how Wesley, Cordelia, and he have changed over the years. How he is doing as a father. Oh and that he is in love with Cordelia.” Spike looks at her shockingly.

“ You mean he has actually fallen in love with someone besides you, Buffy. That is a big surprise.” Buffy lightly hits Spike for his remark.

“ Be nice, Spike. I told him that when she wakes up he should tell her how he feels about her. She probably feels the same way about him. I said that he needs to take a risk and get his feelings for her out in the open so that she knows how he feels and she can tell him how she feels about him. I just hope that he doesn’t get hurt.”

“ Well, that can sometimes happen. Lets see how many times I told you I’m in love with you and got hurt.”

“ Spike, I am serious. Angel isn’t really public with his emotions. How long did you hide your love for? You don’t know how long Angel has been hiding his feelings.”

“ I know, Buffy. It is just that Angel is hard to picture not getting hurt. No one knows how Cordy feels about him. I mean that when she was pregnant she did not have control over her body and she has been in a coma for months. I hope he doesn’t get hurt, but it is a possibility.”

“ I know, Spike. But if she can be in love with Xander, she could be in love with Angel. Its just that I’ve known Angel and Cordy so long that I can see them together.”

“ Well, I guess they should be together if you can see them together.”

“ Hey, how come you are being so affectionate in here and you weren’t in the lobby?”

“ Well, Buffy, I wasn’t sure if you wanted me to. Wasn’t sure if you wanted the others to know. I didn’t want to upset you.”

“ Well, thanks, Spike.” Buffy kisses him passionately. Fred comes into the kitchen while they are kissing.

“ Oh sorry. I didn’t mean to walk in on you guys.” Buffy and Spike laugh lightly, not to hurt Fred’s feelings.

“ That’s okay, Fred, Spike and I were just kissing.” Buffy sits up on the counter. Spike stands next to her. “ Fred, if we wanted some privacy, we would've went up to Spike's room. So, how are you doing?”

“ Oh, I fine, Buffy. Just doing what I normally do. Things have been kinda slow since Jasmine. Everyone is happy that Cordelia is out of a coma.”

“ It’s good that she is awake. She can start to get her life back in order. If there is no real complications, you don’t have to talk to Willow, Buffy.”

“ Lets hope there are no complications. Cordy should not have to go through this. None of you should, but you d and Angel is so lucky to have you guys as friends. You guys are his family.”

“ I know what you mean, Buffy. Over the years we all have grown close to each other. We care about each other so much. It would be hard if we lost someone. Well, this has been a nice chat, but I have some work to do. I will see you guys later.” Fred leaves the kitchen and goes in to the lobby. Spike steps in front of Buffy. She grabs the waistband of his jeans and pulls him close to her. Spike places his hands on Buffy’s face and kisses her.

“ Buffy, why don’t we go for a walk in the garden?”

“ Sure Spike, that sounds great.” She jumps down off the counter and holds Spike’s hand. Spike leads her to the garden. “ I’m still not use to you being able to be in the Sun.”

“ I know, Buffy.”

“ So, Spike. Did you mean what you said in the kitchen?”

“ Which part?”

“ All of it, Spike.”

“ Yes, Buffy, I did. Every word of it. Why?”

“ I was just wondering because you kinda have bad feelings toward Angel.”

“ Well, Buffy. We are working through them. If I stay here I am forced to get along with Angel. He can kick me out.”

“ Hey, did you stop smoking?”

“ No, just cut back, Buffy. Why?”

“Well, it is a nasty thing to do. I wish you would quit.”

“ Buffy, do you really want me to quit, because I will.”

“ Yes, Spike. I want you to quit.”

“ Okay, I quit. No more cigarettes for me, Buffy.” Spike smiles at her, then he kisses her. “ So, Buffy, how is the ‘Slayer Hunt’ going?”

“ It’s going fine. Faith and Robin took some of the girls and went to Europe and Asia to locate Slayers there. Willow and Kennedy are in South America with some of the other girls. Xander and Andrew are in Cleveland keeping contact with everyone. Sort of our HQ at the moment. The rest are scattered over the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Dawn is with Giles. I needed a break to mourn over you. I also wanted to ask Angel and the others to keep an eye out for Slayers here in L.A. We have found about fifty Slayers so far.”

“ That’s good, Buffy. Hopefully you will be able to gather all of them. How is Dawn?”

“ Dawn’s fine. I have been training her, so that she can fight with us. I have put it off for so long. It is time to treat her as an adult. She is a lot like me. I hope I am doing the right thing, Spike.”

“ You are, Buffy. Dawn is lucky to have you as a sister. She is involved in this if you want her to or not. It is her choice and she chose to stand by you and fight.”

“ I know, Spike.” Buffy leans her head against Spike's arm. “ Its just that I feel a little too protective of her. I know that she can take care of herself. I guess it is just my being a big sister that makes me feel this way.”

“ Well, you’ll probably are always going to feel this way. It is a family thing. You just got to remember, you can't protect her forever, Buffy.”

“ I know. Lets talk about something else.”

“ What do you want to talk about, Buffy?”

“ Lets talk about us, Spike. Do you want me to tell everyone that you’re alive and human?”

“ It’s your choice, Buffy. I don’t really care. If it makes you happy, tell who ever you want.”

“ Thanks, Spike.” They sit down on a bench. Buffy sits sideways and rests against Spike's chest. “ Being with you makes me happy, Spike. If I tell them you’re alive, I should probably tell them that I am in love with you, shouldn’t I.”

“ Yeah, probably, Buffy. That way they’re not confused when I visit you. Plus, you should take you own advice and get your feelings out in the open.” He grins at her.

“ Maybe you’re right, Spike. But if I don’t tell them, you could show up and shock the hell out of them.”

“ That’s true. So, I guess you’re not going to tell them.”

“ No, lets keep it a surprise. Besides, I would love to see their faces.”

“ So, when do you want to surprise them, Buffy?” She gazes into his blue eyes.

“ In a week everyone should be back for a regroup and rest. When I get back there, I’ll call you and tell you when to come.”

“ That will be fine. I can hardly wait. Have any idea on hoe they should see me?”

“ Well, I was thinking I could have them all go out to dinner and when they come back you would be on the couch with me.”

“ I'm liking the sound of this already. What will we be doing on the couch?”

“ I don’t know. Whatever happens in the time that we will there. Why, any suggestions?”

“ Two come to mind, but one would be better in private. The other is good anywhere.”

“ And what would they be?” Buffy smiles at Spike because she knows what the two things are.

“ One would be kissing each other like this.” Spike kisses Buffy so passionately, that she practically fell back when he kissed her.

“ That would be good, Spike. I’d hate to hear what the other one is if you can't show me.”

“ I can show you, but we would have to go upstairs first, Buffy.”

“ Lead the way, sweetie.” Buffy gets up and Spike follows. He takes her hand in his and pulls her close to him. He kisses her quickly, then leads her inside. They are at the first step when Wesley stops them.

“ Buffy, I think I might have found a Slayer. Do you want to check it out?”

“ Yeah, I was going to ask you guys later to keep an eye out for me. Do you have the address?”

“ Yeah, its right here.” Wes hands her a piece of paper with the name and address on it. “ Buffy, do you want me to come with you?”

“ No, Wes. I’ll take Spike. Tell Angel about this and if we’re not back when night falls, tell him to find us.”

“ Sure, Buffy. I’ll tell him when he comes down.” Buffy looks at the stairs, then back at Wesley.

“ Thanks, Wes.” She turns to Spike. “ You ready?”

“ Whenever you are, Buffy.”

“ Lets go then. See you guys in a little bit.” When they are alone on the street, Spike talks to Buffy as they walk.

“ Guess I will have to wait to sow you my second suggestion until later, Buffy. What a shame.” He smiles at her.

“ That’s okay, Spike. Besides I think I know what it is and if we have to wait, then it will be better for us.” She glances at him.

“ So where do we find this girl, Buffy?”

“ The address Wes gave me is ‘820 Lauren St.’ know where that is?”

“ Yeah. Its this way, Buffy.” They head east. It is a long walk. “ So, Buffy, what do you think Angel and Cordelia are talking about?”

“ Well, since it has been more then two hours since he has gone up there, I’d say what they are going to do about their feelings or if they are going to tell everyone. Why, Spike?”

“ I was just wondering what you thought. I’d say that she feels the same about him, since he has been up there so long. I am happy for him.”

“ Wait a minute, buster. Are you saying that you are happy that Angel, the Angel that was my boyfriend for three years, is in love Cordy and you’re serious?”

“ Yes, I am, Buffy. Is there a problem with that?”

“ No, it’s just that you are being a normal guy toward Angel, who you admitted you still have bad feelings toward. I am very proud of you. You put your feelings aside and looked at the big picture.” She stops and kisses him, then she holds his hand and starts walking again. Ten minutes later they reach the house. They knock on the door and a fifteen year old girl answers.

“ Are you Ally?”