Chapter Seven

The next day, they wake up smiling at each other.

“Good morning, Spike.”

“ Good morning, Buffy. How is my fiancé doing this morning?”

“ Very well, baby. Had nice dreams.”

“ Were they about me?”

“ No, they were about my other lover,” she said sarcastically. “ Of course they were about you. Who else would I dream of? So are we going to take a shower or a bath?”

“ Lets take a shower. We can take a bath tonight before we pack to leave tomorrow.”

“ Okay. I guess we should get out of bed to take that shower.” She moves closer to him.

“ I guess we should. I still have to take you girls shopping.”

“ Yeah, you do. Do you want to take Ally with us?”

“ It’s your choice, baby. Do you want Ally to come or do you just want it to be just us five on a friends day out?”

“ I want it to be just us, but I feel like she might feel left out. Lets ask her if she wants to come.”

“ Sure, hunny. Now lets shower, so that we can go shopping, then we can call the Nibblet. Wait. Why don’t we call now, so that if she wants us to get her something, we don’t have to make two trips to the mall.”

“ Yeah, we should. I think that you being human is just like you being a vampire except you can be in the sun. You are still as insightful as you were before.”

“ That’s because I changed over the years and I am the same person no matter if I am a vampire or human.”

“ Nice speech, Spike. Did you just think of it now?”

“ Actually, I did.” He kisses her. Buffy gets out of bed and grabs her jacket. She takes her cell phone out of it, then walks back to the bed. While Buffy was getting her cell, Spike sat up and leaned against the headboard. Buffy lies in his lap. She dialed Dawn’s cell. Dawn answers cheerfully.

“ Hey, Buffy. What’s up?”

“ Nothing much, Dawnie. Are you alone?”

“ Yeah, Giles went to the store. Why?”

“ Well, I have a surprise for you.”

“ What is it, Buffy?” Buffy hands the phone to Spike.

“ Hey, Nibblet.”

“ SPIKE!” Spike had to move the phone from his ear because Dawn screamed so loud. “ You're alive. I thought you died when the town was destroyed.”

“ I did, Nibblet. The Powers brought me back and made me human.”

“ You human? This is so great. Buffy must’ve been excited when she found out.”

“ Actually she was upset first, because I never told her. Then she was happy. We had a nice, long chat Monday night. We have something else to tell you. Here is your sis.” Spike hands the phone back to Buffy. She scolds at him, then puts the phone to her ear.

“ Dawn, Spike's right, we do have something to tell you.” She holds his hand.

“ What is it, Buffy?”

“ You still alone?”

“ Yeah. Just tell me already.”

“ Dawn, Spike and I are engaged.”

“ Are you serious? This is not a spell, right?”

“ Dawn, this is for real. The only thing is you can't tell anyone. Not even Giles. Especially, not Giles. Spike and I want to tell him in person. You can't even tell anyone that Spike is alive. You, Willow, Kennedy, and Angel’s gang are the only people who know. We are coming home tomorrow. Will you guys be there?”

“ Yeah, Giles says we are leaving tonight. We found the Slayer here. Her name is Erika. She is really cool.”

“ That’s great, Dawnie. Spike and I will tell everyone tomorrow. So keep it a secret. By the way, is there anything you want? Spike is taking us to the mall.”

“ No, not really. I just want you to get home. That way I can hug Spike. Plus I want to see the ring.”

“ You will, Dawn. I love you and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“ I love you, too, Buffy. Can I say goodbye to Spike?”

“ Sure, hang on.” Buffy hands the cell to Spike with a slyish smile on her face.

“ Hello, Dawn.”

“ Hey, Spike. Hey could you get me a surprise, for when I see you tomorrow?”

“ Sure, Nibblet.”

“ Hey, I can call you bro now.”

“ Do and no surprise.”

“ But Spike, it is so cool. I can't wait to see you. I love you, Spike.””

“ I love you, too, Dawn. I’ll see you tomorrow. Now I need to spend some time with your sis.”

“ Bye, Spike.” Spike hangs up and hands the cell to Buffy.

“ What was that about a surprise, Spike?”

“ It was nothing, buff. Lets take our shower now.”

“ Okay, Spike. But I will find out. You know I will.”

“ I know, but I don’t want to tell you now.” He gets up and heads for the bathroom. “ Coming?”

“ Yeah, Spike.” She gets up and follows him into the bathroom. After their shower, they head downstairs. Willow and Kennedy are hanging by the computer with Fred. Kennedy looks up as they approach.

“ Hey guys. What’s up?”

“ Not much, Kenne. We talked to Dawn and told her. We wanted to know if you and Willow wanted to go to the mall today, since we are leaving tomorrow. Spike wants to take us.”

“ I would love to go, but we need to pry Willow away from the computer. Who is going?”

“ Well, it would be Willow, Spike, you and I. I want to ask Cordelia to come. I’m not sure if I should ask Ally to come.”

“ Well, you should probably ask, so she doesn’t feel left out.”

“ Yeah, you're right. Spike and I are going to ask them. Be ready in thirty.”

“ Okay, Buffy. We’ll meet you back here.” Kennedy turns back to Willow and whispers something into her ear. Buffy and Spike walk to the stairs.

“ Buffy, luv?” she turns toward him.

“ Yeah, Spike?”

“ Why don’t you ask Cordy and Ally, while I talk to Angel real quick.”

“ Sure, why do you have to talk to Angel?”

“ Oh, you know. Guy stuff.”

“ Okay, sweetie.” She kisses him. “ See you in a few.”

“ You bet.” Spike watches her walk upstairs, then turns and heads toward Angel’s office. He looks in and sees Angel huddled over some papers. Spike lightly knocks on the door and Angel looks up at him.

“ What is it, Spike?”

“ Well, first thing is can I come in and sit down?”

“ Sorry, Spike. I'm just a little tired.”

“ S’kay. I'm taking Buffy, Willow, Kennedy and maybe Cordelia to the mall. Is there anything I can pick up for you and can we use your car?”

“ No, I don’t need anything and you can borrow my car as long as you drive.”

“ Thanks, Angel. There's something else. Are you okay with Buffy and I being engaged?”

“ Yeah, why?”

“ Well depending on what we decide on the ceremony, I would like you to be one of my grooms men.”

“ I would be glad to, Spike. Did you remember your last name?”

“ Yes, I haven’t told Buffy yet, but I am going to take her name. Instead of Buffy being ‘Mrs. Taylor’, I will just take ‘Summers’, plus I like it. What do you think of me taking her name?”

“ Spike, I have to be honest. I think that…you are going to make her really happy. Do you have your papers, so that it looks like you have been living in the states?”

“ Yeah, I do. They’re in the room. I’ll make sure I pack them tonight. Thanks for not being upset that I am with Buffy. This is going to mean so much to her.”

“ Its okay, Spike. I know you will keep her happy.”

“ That’s great to know that you support us. Now I best be going. I have a few women who need to get to the mall.” Angel tosses Spike the car keys. “ Are you sure you don’t need anything?”

“ Well, if it’s not to much trouble, could you pick me up some gel?”

“ Sure Angel. I’ll be back later.”

“ Bye, Spike.” Spike walks back to the lobby, where he is greeted by four women. Buffy kisses him, then wraps an arm around his waist. Spike wraps an arm around her as well. Cordy, Willow, Kennedy, Spike and Buffy walk to the car and climb in.

“ So where do you girls want to go first?” Cordy was the first one to speak up.

“ We’ll decide when we get to the mall. Are we splitting up or staying in a group?”

“ Staying in a group, Cordy. Spike has offered to take us, so we will stay together. Plus I have you guys to help me make him buy new clothes. So we need to think of what we need to pickup.” The next ten minutes of the trip was in silence except for the radio. When one of Buffy’s favorite songs was played, she sang along.

“I use to get lost in your eyes, And it seems that I can't live a day without you. Closing my eyes and you’ll chase my thought away. To a place where I am blinded by the light, but it’s not right.
Goodbye to you. Goodbye to every thing that I knew. You were the one I loved The one thing that I tried to hold on to.” Spike smirks as he remembers Buffy and him kissing at the Bronze to this song. He leans over and whispers into Buffy’s ear.

“ Remember our second kiss, Buff? It was to this song.”

“ I remember, hunny. I was mad at you at first. Then we made up and couldn’t stop kissing each other.”

“ We are lucky there is other people in the car right now.” Buffy giggles at Spike's comment. Spike pulls her close to him, seeing as they can't be alone. Buffy kisses his cheek, then leans against his chest. They relax for five minutes. They pull into the parking lot of the mall and climb out.

“ Okay, what do we need or want to get?”

“ I have to get Peaches some gel. I need to get new clothes as Buffy has already pointed out.”

“ Well, I want to check out some clothes. I want to get a dress that Angel will like.”

“ Kennedy and I want to check out the clothes store and the occult store. I am running low on ingredients.”

“ Okay, lets hit the clothes store first.” Everyone agrees and start walking to the store. Buffy sees if Willow can still here her thoughts.

‘Will, can you hear me?’

‘ Yeah, Buffy. What do you need.’

‘ Um, can you talk to everyone like this?’

‘ Yes, why?’

‘ I was thinking since, everyone has different agendas, we can split up and I can tell you where to meet up and you can tell the others, that way everyone one can do want they want.’

‘ That sounds good, Buffy. If that is what you want to do, it is fine with me.’

‘ Thanks, Will. Can you tell Spike and see what he think?’

‘ Sure, Buffy…Spike, just think your answers. Buffy wants to know what you think about us splitting up and that she will contact me and I will tell Cordelia, if she is not with me, where to meet up at.’

‘ I think it is a good idea.’ Spike squeezes Buffy's shoulders in reassurance.

‘Thanks, Will.’

‘ No prob, Buff.’ They all stop outside J. C. Penny’s. Buffy turns and faces everyone.

“ Okay, we can split up if we want. Willow will tell is if anything happens or where to meet up using her mind. If we are separated and you need to get in touch with one of us, contact Willow and she’ll get in touch with one of us. Spike and I will be here for a little bit. So go do what you want and we’ll catch up.”

“ Hang on, luv. Does anyone need money?”

“ Not really. I got about $100.”

“ Kennedy and I got about $100 too.”

“ Okay here. If you need more contact me.” Spike gives each of the girls $200.

“ Thanks, Spike,” they say in unison. Willow and Kennedy head toward the occult shop as Cordy enters J. C. Penny’s. Buffy talks to Spike as they enter the store.

“ Spike, how do you get all your money?” he entwines his fingers with hers.

“ I got some of it from Angel, some I had from when I was human and the rest is from hacking.”

“ What do you mean ‘hacking’?”

“ I have a program setup that changes information that money is put into accounts I have a day. I make about $150,000 a day. I've had the program setup for about ten years. So I have enough money that we can send Dawn to college, buy a house, and still have money that Dawn’s children don’t have to work. I didn’t say our children because I'm not you want any. I know that I would like to have children, but there is no pressure on you because you make the final decision. Do you want children?”

“ Eventually, I do. Maybe when Dawn’s in college or it just ends up happening. I trust that you can't be caught? If we do have kids, will you stop hacking if we have enough money, Spike?”

“ I can't be caught and I will stop when you need me too. I just want you to be happy and to have a good life. I want us to have a good life.”

“ We will, Spike. We have each other and that’s all we need. Hey what’s your last name, sweetie?”

“ Its ‘Taylor’, Buffy, but I'm not really worried about that at the moment.”

“ Okay, Spike. At the ceremony are you using ‘Spike’ or ‘William’?”

“I was thinking of using ‘William Spike Taylor.’ What do you think?”

“ I think that will be okay. I can see our announcement now. ‘The wedding of Buffy Anne Summers and William Spike Taylor.’ It is going to be great Spike.” They enter the ‘Men’s’ section.

“ I know. What kind of wedding do you want? I mean do you want a day time or night time ceremony?”

“ I'm not sure. If we had a daytime ceremony we could have it anyway, but if we had it at night we can invite Angel. I have to think about it, Spike.”

“ Its okay, baby. First we need to set a date. Buffy, there is one more thing”

“ What is it, hunny?”

“ When we get married, I don’t want you to take my name. I want to take your name. I want to be ‘Spike Summers.’ Will you allow me to be a ‘Summers,’ Buffy?” Buffy stares at him stunned. She wraps her arms around Spike and kisses him ferociously. They don’t break the kiss until they both need air. “ I’ll take that as a yes.”

“ You better, Spike.” Spike kisses her softly. He turns to the shirts.

“ So, what kind of shirts are you going to make me try on, Buffy?”

“ Well, I want you to have a couple pairs of the black outfit you like so much. Lets also try some blue and green shirts. Some white tees.”

“ I think I understand. You want some of the old me and some of the new me, right?”

“ Sort of. Its just you look so sexy in the black.”

“ Why thank you, hunny. I try my hardest.” They both chuckle at the statement. Ten minutes later they head to the pants. Spike instinctively grabs five pairs of tight, black jeans accommodate the five shirts he picked up. Buffy gets him a couple pairs of dark blue and light blue jeans and a couple pairs of slacks to go with the button down shirts they got him. Buffy wants to pick up some boxers for him. So while Spike is still looking at pants, she wonders over the pick up some black, silk and cotton boxers. When she returns to him, he is ready to go to the cashier.

“ Buffy, is there anything you want to check out?”

“ Not really, Spike. Don’t you have to pick something up for Dawn?”

“ Yeah. How about we got to the jewelry department, the pay and go eat?”

“ Sure, hunny. That sounds great.” They walk over to the jewelry, Spike looks at the necklaces. He eyes a beautiful locket.

“ What about a locket, Buffy? We can inscribe it.” He points to a locket. It is a heart with a blue topaz gem in the corner.

“ She would love it, Spike.”

“ Here, why don’t you go and pay for the clothes while I get it inscribed? If you see anything you want go ahead and get it.” Spike hands her the clothes and his wallet after he takes out his credit card.

“ Okay, Spike. I’ll see in a few minutes.” She kisses him, then walks to the front of the store. Spike turns to the clerk.

“ I would like this locket. Can you inscribe it ‘Dawn,’ on the front, and ‘You are always in our hearts. Love Buffy and Spike.’ I would also like this one.” He points to a heart locket with a diamond on it. “ Inscribe it ‘Buffy’ on the front, ‘You own my heart an so much more. Love always Spike,’ on the inside. How much will that be?”

“ $500 all together. It will take twenty minutes for me to inscribe both.” Spike hands him the credit card.

“ Okay inscribe the one with the diamond first. It is a surprise.”

“ Yes, sir.” He hands Spike back the credit card and starts to inscribe Buffy’s locket.

Meanwhile Buffy stops at the lingerie section.

‘ Hmm. What will Spike like the most.’ It takes her ten minutes, but she finally decides on a black, silk slip. She heads to the cashier to pay for the clothes. Spike is just waiting on Dawn’s locket when Buffy comes back with the bags of clothes. She hands him his wallet, then the bags.

“ Almost ready, sweetie?”

“ Just waiting on Dawn’s locket. You’re going to love the inscription, Buffy.”

“ I'm sure I will. Can you tell me what it says?”

“ I’ll show you after we eat.” The clerk hands Spike a gold box with the locket in it. He outs it in his pocket. Spike entwines his fingers with Buffy’s and they head to the food court. Buffy gets a cinnamon sugar pretzel and Spike gets nachos and cheese. They share the food with each other. “ Buffy, I want to stop at the music store before we leave. Are you sure there is nothing you want?”

“ I'm fine, Spike. I'm just happy that I can spend time with you. We can go to the music store after we finish eating.”

“ Okay. When do you want to have the wedding?”

“ I'm not sure. It’s June now. How about August, Spike?”

“ That sounds great. What about August 20th?”

“ That’s perfect. I've been thinking. I think we should have the wedding at night. We can have it outside under the stars.”

“ That sounds prefect, hunny. Would you mind if Angel is one of my groomsmen?”

“ Not at all. Should we invite my father? I mean he doesn’t know about me being a Slayer. Lorne might scare him.”

“ Well, do you want him there? Giles is going to walk you down the aisle to me. Do you want your father to watch you on one of the most happiest days of your life?”

“ Not really, but he is my father.”

“ Tell you what. We’ll send an announcement to him. If he doesn’t come, he doesn’t come. Let him decide how important his children are. Alright?”

“ Alright. So who are your groomsmen?”

“ Well, Xander is best man. And Angel and Gunn. Who are the bridesmaids?”

“ Dawn, Willow, Kennedy, Cordy, and Fred. Dawn is going to be Maid of Honor. I'm just going to have Willow and Kennedy walk together. But it sounds great.”

“ It sure does. Do you want to see Dawn’s locket now?”

“ Yes, I do.” Spike takes the box out of his pocket and hands it to her. Buffy takes out the locket and opens it. She reads the inscription and looks at Spike. “ That is so beautiful, Spike. She’ll definitely love it.” Buffy kisses him, then hands back the locket. Spike puts it away, then cleans up from their lunch. He and Buffy head off to the music store. “ So, what kind of music are you looking for, Hun?”

“ Nothing in particular. I want to pick up three portable CD players, and some CDs.”

“ Why do you want three?”

“ Well, one for you, one for Dawn and one for me. I have a boom box back at the hotel.”

“ Oh, okay. I’ll go get one for Dawn and one for me. What color do you want?”

“ Get me a black.”

“ Okay, see you in a few.” Buffy goes to the CD players. Spike moves to the romance section and picks out a CD. He moves to the Rock/Pop section. He picks up the Michelle Branch CD for Buffy. He also gets Tonic and Linkin Park. Spike continues to look at the CDs.

‘ I should make a mix CD on my laptop for Buffy. I’ll do that on the way to Cleveland. I should pick something up for Dawn to go with her CD player.’ He continues to look as Buffy comes back with a black, a purple, and a blue CD player. “ Buffy, what kind of music does Dawn like?”

“ Well, she likes Rock/Pop. She got hooked on punk because of you.”

“ What's her favorite band that she does not have the CD of?”

“ She likes Nerf Herder.” Spike pucks up the Nerf Herder CD. He walks over to Buffy with the five CDs.

“ Is there anything you want, Buffy?”

“ Yeah, I want to pick up The Calling and Avril Lavinge, hunny.”

“ Okay, go get them.” Buffy goes and gets the two CDs. Spike take the CDs from her. “ I’ll pay for these. Go contact Willow and tell her we are ready to go and ask her if anyone needs help.”

“ Sure, hunny. I’ll be outside.” She kisses him on the cheek, the goes outside. Spike takes the CDs and CD players and pays for them. He goes and stands next to Buffy.

‘ Willow. Spike and I are finished shopping. Are you guys ready or do any of you need help?’

‘ Kennedy and I are ready to leave. Let me get Cordy.’

‘ Yeah.’

‘Cordelia.’

‘ Yeah, Willow.’

‘ Are you ready to leave or need any help?’

‘ I'm ready to go. Where do we meet up?’

‘ Buffy, where do we meet?’

‘ At the food court.’

‘ Cordy, go to the food court.’

‘ Okay.’ They all meet up at the food court. They get in the car and head to the Hyperion. On the way to the hotel they discuss what they bought.

“ Buffy, I get some great deals on ingredients. The spell I am working on us going great.”

“ Cool, Will. You should see the clothes Spike got. They really bring out his eyes. We also picked up a locket for Dawn. The inscription is so sweet.”

“ I never knew Spike could be so sensitive.”

“ Well, Cordy. I don’t like to show it. I like being the Big Bad. At least I am not like I use to be, before I was turned.”

“ How’s that, Spike?”

“ I was a geek. I admit it. I was just this big geek that no one really liked. I use to write bad, bad poetry. I don’t really like to think about my past. Mainly, I think about my present and my future.” He squeezes Buffy’s hand lovingly. Buffy leans to whisper in his ear.

“ Well, you better just think about the present and future. Especially tonight, baby.” Spike smiles, then whispers back into her ear.

“ Oh, I am thinking about tonight, baby. I want it to start as soon as possible. I can wait to get you alone.” Buffy blushes and Spike smirks. Buffy leans against him. They pull up to the Hyperion, five minutes later. Spike brings in all the bags and puts them on one of the couches. They sort though the bags and they each put their stuff in their rooms. Buffy helps Spike put his clothes away. Spike pulls out Buffy’s slip. He holds it up. “ I think you go me the wrong size, luv. It’s a little to small.”

“ Spike! That’s not for you. Its for me, tonight.” He smirks at her.

“ At least I know it now, before I try it on.” Buffy giggles. Spike walks over to her and gathers her into his arms. “ Buffy, I love you. Can you tell me why I have been rewarded by being human and in love with you? With you loving me back?”

“ I can't, Spike. All I can tell you is that I am happy that it has happen. You are one of the best things to happen to me. I love you so much, William.” He stares at her mischievously.

“ You shouldn’t use ‘William’ unless you want to let out the Big Bad.”

“ And what if I do?”

“ Well, then I’ll just have to do this.” He picks her up and tosses her on the bed. He pounces on her and nibbles her neck. Buffy giggles, which turns into a full laugh as Spike continues to nuzzle her neck.

“ I give up, Spike.” He stops and rests his head on her belly. Buffy unconsciously muses up his hair. “ Hunny, we should go downstairs. Its only 3 o’clock. At five we can come up and have the night to ourselves. That way if anything happens before five, we won't be interrupted because Angel needs our help. Is that okay with you?”

“ I guess so. Just as long as I get you all to myself.”

“ You will. Now get up so that we can go downstairs.”

“ Okay.” He blows a raspberry on her stomach, then gets up. Buffy playfully smacks him upside the head. Spike gathers her into his arms and kisses her. They walk to the lobby and start talking to Fred. Fred asks if Buffy has always been attracted to Spike.

“ Yes, but I wouldn’t let myself believe it. Spike was literally unlike any vampire I know. He was different even from Angel.”

“ How so, Buffy? I mean he was soulless and evil, no offense.” Spike nodded his acceptance. “ But how was he different from other vampires?”

“ Spike has always been more human than a vampire. He was able to love without a soul. I saw it way before he fell in love with me. When I was about to stake Drusilla, he showed his love for the vampiress in a way vampires aren’t suppose to. I knew from the first time I fought him that I’d met my match in more ways than one. Eventually the feeling I got every time we faced-off grew, which made me realize that I was falling in love with him.”

“ Buffy, when was the first time you realized that you love him?”

“ It would have to be when we saved him from Glory. He was beat badly. I walked into his crypt pretending I was the robot he had made for him. Don’t ask. I asked him why he didn’t tell Glory about Dawn. He said that it would kill me if anything happened to Dawn and he was right. I kissed him and that was when he knew it was me and not the bot. My words to him before I left were the bot wasn’t real, but what he did for Dawn and me was real. I knew I love him then, but I didn’t act on my feelings like I should have.” Spike squeezes her affectionately.

“ Its okay, baby. I didn’t know I love you until the day after Riley had his heart fixed. I had a dream about you and I said I love you in it. We both found each other attractive in the beginning. Dru even told me that I love you, but I didn’t believe her. She said whenever she looked at me she saw you. I came back to Sunnydale. At first I didn’t know why, but I figured it out two years ago. I came back to Sunnydale because I came back to you. There is no doubt in my mind that I am suppose to be with you. I believe that is why I was brought back. To be with you. To be there for you in the hard times to come. I now get the chance to grow old with you instead if just watching you grow old. I have dreamed about becoming a human for a while. Sorry, Fred, for getting all lovey dovey.” He looks at Fred apologetically.

“ That’s okay, Spike. I know how it feels to be in love. It’s nice to see that you two have found each other. Soy are you happy to be going back to Cleveland tomorrow?”

“ Yes, we are. Every one else will be told and we can start planning the wedding. I have to talk to Giles when we get there. We have a lot to do, but we will do it together. Fred, will you be one of my bridesmaids?”

“ Sure, Buffy. I would be honored to be one of your bridesmaids. Who else are you asking?”

“ There’s you, my sister Dawn, Willow, Kennedy and Cordy. Dawn is going to be maid of honor. I haven’t asked the others yet so don’t tell them. We are going to have it at night on August 20th.”

“ A night wedding sounds wonderful. You guys deserve to have a perfect wedding. So, Spike, have you decided who the groomsmen are going to be?”

“ Yeah. Xander, who is best man, Angel and Gunn. Since both Willow and Kennedy are bridesmaids we decided that they could walk together. We would ask Giles, but Buffy wants him to give her away.”

“ He is my dad. He is not my real father, but he has been there for Dawn and me. He loves us like we’re his own. I know that he will be touched that I think of him as my dad and I want him and not my real father to give me away.”

“ I'm sure he will, Buffy. I got some stuff to do, so I will see you later before you leave.”

“ See you later, Fred,” they both say. Buffy turns to Spike

“ Hunny, why don’t you go and talk to the guys and ask them, while I talk to Will, Kenne and Cordy. Meet back here in fifteen minutes?”

“ Sure, baby.” He kisses her. “ I’ll see you in a few.” Spike waits til Buffy walks over to Willow and Kennedy before he talks to Angel and Gunn. “ Hey guys. What’s up?”

“ Not much, Spike. Do you need anything?”

“ As a matter of fact I do. I wanted to ask if you two would be my groomsmen? Xander is going to be best man even though he doesn’t know it yet.”

“ Sure, Spike. I’ll be a groomsman. What do you say, Angel?”

“ Spike, I’ll be a groomsman. What’s Giles going to do?”

“ He is walking Buffy down the aisle. She is going to ask him tomorrow. The wedding is at night so you don’t have to worry, Angel.”

“ Well, just as long as you two are happy. So who are the bridesmaids?”

“ Dawn is the maid of honor, Willow, Kennedy, Cordy and Fred.”

Meanwhile, Buffy is talking to Willow, Kennedy and Cordy.

“ So, do you guys want to be my bridesmaids?”

“ Sure, Buffy,” they say in unison.

“ Willow, can we talk for a few minutes?”

“ Sure, Buffy.” they walk out to the garden. “ What’s up?”

“ Dawn is going to be maid of honor. I would ask you, but I thought you would rather walk with Kennedy instead of Xander. This way everyone has an escort. Are you okay with it?”

“ Yeah, Buffy. I do think it is better this way, plus it gives dawn a high self-esteem boast.”

“ I know. Thanks for being understanding, Will.”

“ You’re welcome, Buffy. Remember you two are not my friends. You're my sisters.”

“ And Xander’s our brother.’ The both giggle. “ Thanks, Willow. I think we should get back to out lovers now.”

“ Me too.” They walk back inside. Spike is talking to the girls, telling them who the groomsmen are. Willow kisses Kennedy. Spike turns to Buffy.

“ Hi, hunny.’ He kisses her. “ Are you ready to go upstairs?”

“ Yeah, Spike.” She turns to Willow, Kennedy and Cordelia. “ See you guys later.”

“ See you later,” they all say. Buffy and Spike head for the stairs. Just as they are about to go up, Angel calls out to them.

“ Guys, wait. We are going to need your help.”

“ What’s wrong, Angel.”

Wes has found a vamp nest. There are about fifteen to twenty vamps there. I need you and Spike to back up Wes, Gunn, Fred, and I. Willow and Kennedy need to come too.”

“ Okay, Angel. You get your group ready. I’ll get Will and Kennedy up to speed and ready to go in five.”

“ Okay Buffy.” Angel goes and gets the others ready. Buffy gets Willow and Kennedy.

“ Guys, Angel wants us to go with him to a nest as backup. Kennedy, did you bring any swords with you?”

“ No, buff. I got a crossbow.”

“ Luv, I got two swords in the room.”

“ Go get them, Spike. Kennedy, go get your crossbow.” They both leave and Buffy turns to Willow. “ You think you will be okay?”

“ Yeah, Buffy. Kennedy and I have Ben monitoring my magic. I only use it when necessary. I’ll just use the skills I learned from fighting with you until you need me to use magic.”

“ Okay, Will. Just as long as you’re fine. Go over to the cabinet and get a weapon.”

“ Sure, Buffy.” Willow goes to the cabinet. Kennedy and Spike come down with their weapons. Kennedy goes to Willow. Spike glides up next to Buffy and hands her a sword.

“ Thanks, Spike.”

“ No problem, Buffy. What’s the matter?”

“ Nothing, Spike. I just want to get back to the room.”

“ I know what you mean. I promise that once we are finished I will give you the night that you desire.” He kisses her passionately. “ I love you, Buffy. Let’s go and get this over with.” They walk over to the group gathered at the door. The eight of them leave and in fifteen minutes they are at the nest. Angel tells everyone the plan. They bust in. there are fifteen vamps. Angel, Buffy, and Spike go after the biggest ones since all three of them have swords. Buffy slices the head off of one and attacks a second one. This one lashes out at Buffy with a kick at the knees. She staggers, but quickly regains her control and punches the vamp in the face. His head snaps back and Buffy takes a swing at its neck. It ducks and charges at her. She sides steps it and is finally able to decapitate him. She goes after a third.

Spike has taken three out and is on his fourth. He sees Fred and Wesley are having trouble. He cleanly slices off the fledgling’s head and rushes over to Fred’s side. The vamps are killed in no time. They all head back to the hotel. Buffy is holding Spike's hand as she talks to him.

“ You were amazing out there for being human again.”

“ Well, I am in good shape, so that was a factor.” They walk through the doors.

“ You know what I mean. You don’t have your speed or strength anymore and you still killed about six vamps. I wonder what else you are keeping from…”