A/N: Thought I'd add something to help the continuation and raise some interest...

---

SUNNYDALE CRATER-DAY

(Close in on the ground as a hand breaks through. There’s a moment where the hand seems to search around before a second hand punches through. A hole forms, dirt collapsing inside and there’s the sound of coughing. A very male body climbs out, clad in nothing but a torn pair of jeans and an equally torn shirt. It’s SPIKE. Dirt smudges his face and his hair sticks up uncharacteristically. He looks around as if trying to recognize where he is.)

(Cut to his p.o.v. as he spots something green in the mass of nothing that was Sunnydale. He stumbles to his feet and slowly staggers over to the object, still not noticing that the sun beams down on him.)

(Close up on the green object. It’s the WELCOME TO SUNNYDALE sign. Cut back to Spike’s p.o.v. as he finally reaches his destination. Switch to the reaction on his face as the words register.)

(He looks around a bit as if expecting something, spinning in a circle and only seeing the complete emptiness that had once been Sunnydale. The light of the sun hitting the amulet that still hangs around his neck glints and he pauses. He glances at eh amulet and then squints back at the sun.)

(It’s another moment before he looks back at the sign.)

SPIKE: Well, I’ll be damned.

---

SCHOOL BUS-DAY

(Front of bus. Willow and Xander sit talking. Just across from them, Faith sits with wood’s head on her lap. Giles drives the bus. There’s the sudden sound of harsh sobbing. Dawn sits up behind Willow and Xander. Everyone turns to the back.)

(Cut to Buffy, sobbing and staring at the ring. Everyone is watching as she slides out of her seat and reaches down with trembling hands.)

DAWN O.S.:Buffy?

(Cut to Dawn staring at Buffy’s back. Buffy noticeably freezes. Cut to her face as she wipes the tears from her eyes and snatches the box up. She easily slips it into the duster pocket and stands tall. She pastes a cheerful smile on her face and turns to face her sister.)

BUFFY: Hey, Dawnie…

DAWN: (seeing her cover) Buffy, not today. Can’t you just-

(Buffy seems to know where Dawn’s going. She interrupts.)

BUFFY: Yes, today. And tomorrow. And the day after. We survived.

DAWN: (quietly) Spike didn’t.

(Buffy pauses, her smile dimming, but she recovers quickly.)

BUFFY: (quietly) He saved the world. That’s it.

(Pan down to show Buffy gripping the pocket she dropped the ring in. Dawn lets her past as she moves to the front of the bus. Everyone turns around and begins extremely loud conversations. She stops by Giles.)

BUFFY: Where are we going?

GILES: (thoughtful) Los Angeles.

SPIKE V.O.: So…where’s tall, dark, and forehead?

BUFFY: (whisper) No.

BUFFY V.O.: Let me guess. You can smell him.

SPIKE V.O.: Yeah, that and I also used my enhanced vampire eyeballs to watch you kissing him.

GILES: (surprised; looks at Buffy for a second) I only assumed-

BUFFY V.O.: It was…a hello.

SPIKE V.O.: Most people don’t use their tongues to say hello. Or I guess they do, but-

BUFFY: (firm) Wrong. We’re going anywhere but there.

BUFFY V.O.: There were no tongues. Besides, he’s gone.

WILLOW: (confused as everyone else) But, Buffy, Angel can help-

BUFFY: I know! (everyone flinches. Buffy takes a deep breath) Sorry, Will. I just-it’s complicated, okay? Very-

---

DESERTED HIGHWAY-DAY

(The crater is visible from this point. A convertible is parked on the side of the road. A female sits in the drivers’ seat, holding a pair of sunglasses in her hand. Spike runs a hand through his hair as she continues to stare at him dubiously.)

SPIKE: Very, very complicated.

WOMAN: Yeah. You keep saying that.

SPIKE: (sighs) I noticed. (A bit pleadingly) It can’t be that hard to give me a ride to L.A.

WOMAN: Probably not. (shrugs) I’ll just warn you; I’ve got pepper spray, and also holy water, crosses and stakes, just in case you have a few nocturnal friends.

SPIKE: Not especially.

WOMAN: (eyeing him suspiciously. Then she smiles.) Okay. Get in.

(Spike gets in the car as she sips the sunglasses on her face. The car seems to growl as she steps on the gas and it roars into the afternoon. Follow it down the highway, staying on a hospital parking lot with a yellow school bus pulling inside.)