Can't Remember
By Kat J

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Joss etc. And that’s about it.
Feedback: Is very appreciated.
A/N: Can you ever get enough human AU Spuffy? I hope not. :)


“This party rocks!” Buffy exclaimed, clinking her glass with Willow’s. The pair of advertising executives had already been out to a bar to celebrate the holidays and had arrived at their office party slightly tipsy and ready to get drunk off their asses.

By their third glasses of the obviously spiked punch, Willow was giggling insanely at everything Tara, her secretary, said. Buffy had introduced herself to half a dozen potted plants and was starting with the hat racks.

“Going out for a smoke,” she told some nearby furniture, retreating to the building’s back door.

Buffy lit a cigarette with shaky hands and blurry vision, managing to bring it to her lips and inhale, exhale. “You know,” she told some fellow smokers, “I get no respect around here. I work just like you, and you,” she indicated her audience. “Damn ezecutives. Meanies,” she slurred, dropping the cigarette and going back inside.

“Cordelia!” she exclaimed, spotting her friend. “Cordeeeelia! Cordeeeeeee-”

“Buffy,” Cordy said. “How nice to see you. How have you been?”

“Good. Gooooooooo-”

“Excellent,” she replied, cutting Buffy off. “That’s great.”

“The boss is a meanie,” she sulked, failing to cross her arms and settling for stomping her foot.

“He’s not that bad,” Cordy countered.

“He’s terrible. Making us do so much work. That bastard.”

Cordy continued to smile politely but didn’t reply.

“I could do his job blindfolded!” Buffy declared. “I so could, Cordeeeeeee-”

“Um, Buff, I’m sure he has a lot to do as well,” her friend told her, looking slightly uneasy and gesturing subtly.

“He’s behind me, isn’t he?” Amusingly, Buffy was putting the emphasis on random sections of her sentences, slurring the rest of her words.

“Oh yeah.”

“Willlllllllliam,” Buffy addressed him, turning too quickly but caught by strong arms.

“Blindfolded, huh?” he asked, seeing Cordy slowly back away and fade into the crowd while he focused on the woman currently in his arms.

“Y-y-yes.” She shivered, nervous at being so close to such a fine specimen of a man.

“Care to test that theory?”

“I guess,” she replied, not quite sure what he had in mind.

“Great.” William, at thirty-one years of age, was working his way up the ladder within the business. He led Buffy, one of his younger team members, through the main party area and into the parking garage beneath the building. “Bye Larry,” he said as he passed a friend. “Sue, nice to see you.” He grabbed Buffy’s coat off what he knew to be her desk.

He opened the door for her, helping her into the passenger seat. “Shiny,” she told him, admiring his car.

Buffy’s head spun. She was in a car with her boss going back to his place. Most likely, anyway. Her plan to get drunk had clearly succeeded. Her throat was dry and her eyes were itchy as he took her up to his apartment.

“This way,” he said, not offering her a drink or even taking her coat.

Once in the bedroom, he stripped her and handcuffed her to his bed. Laid out quietly, bound and soon blindfolded, she was gorgeous. He took several polaroids, placing them carefully on his bedside table for later inspection.

“Wiiiilllllllllll…” Buff slurred, half-heartedly tugging on her restraints.

Naked himself, William caressed and licked her breasts before moving to her neck. He pulled on a condom as she whined impatiently, making sure she was ready for him before sliding inside her hot passage.

“Yes,” he moaned, thrusting perhaps a little too roughly in and out of her.

Buffy screeched as he hit her g-spot, panting harshly as he flicked her clit. The handcuffs clanged loudly against the metal headboard.

“Ooooooh,” she moaned, coming around him. The sensations continued for a minute as she caught her breath.

“Buffy,” William whispered, his orgasm shortly following hers. She passed out and he unlocked her, removing the blindfold also. Arranging the sheets around her modestly, he snapped a few more photos before curling up beside her.

~~

The next morning, Buffy woke up with a splitting headache. She could have sworn her head was going to explode. God, how much had she had to drink last night? She could hope that after arriving at the office she hadn’t done anything stupid, but it probably wasn’t true.

One look around the room confirmed her suspicions. She’d fucked her boss. Just great.

Now it was going to be awkward between them, and she probably wouldn’t be able to look him in the eye for a week. Maybe longer. Not that she could remember what they’d done the night before. Damn.

The fact was that William had never seemed interested in an office romance. With anyone. Not even Anya from reception, who practically threw herself at him every time they crossed paths.

Her boss, lying half on top of her, was clearly not interested in more than one night. To save him the trouble of kicking her out politely, she called a cab, dressed and left.

~~

“Mmm, Buffy,” William moaned, turning over to face his lover. He reached out for her but found only empty space.

Come to think of it, he’d probably imagined the majority of the night. First that ridiculous office party where he’d been drinking, but not so much that he couldn’t drive, which would explain why he was at his place now.

But coming on to Buffy? Dream-William was quite suave, with the blindfold comment, and getting her to come with him.

The pillow next to him almost looked slept on, and the sheets were rumpled, though he’d probably rolled around during the dream. He only wished he’d put her panties in his pocket or something in the dream so he could check for them now to be sure he didn’t have an awkward moment on Monday morning.

Scoffing at his pathetic wishing, William rolled over to the other side of the bed and then got up. Surprised, he noticed a lacy bra on his floor. The same one Buffy had worn in his dream. Strange.

Why was he dreaming about Buffy, anyway? She had stupid hair. There were plenty of other women to think about, like that Cordelia or perhaps Paris Hilton. Even lusting after Reese Witherspoon would be less torturous than trying to talk his way into the bed of a little blond nymph he’d have little chance with.

That was, until he found the small pile of photos on his bedside table.

~~

Willow curled up to the woman next to her in bed, eyes slowly opening. Pushing her own red hair out of her eyes, she saw Tara curled up in her arms and staring at her.

“Tara?” she asked uncertainly. “Um, hi.”

“Hi,” the shy brunette replied, smiling nervously.

“So, last night…”

“Yeah?”

“Would you go out with me?” Willow blurted out.

“You want to date?”

“Yes. Unless you don’t want to, in which case I could just leave now-”

“Stay!” Tara insisted. “Stay right here. I’ll get breakfast.”

Willow watched her new lover put on a robe before disappearing out the bedroom door. Sighing contentedly, she closed her eyes and sunk back into the bed.

~~

Buffy arrived at her apartment mid-morning, her elderly neighbour glancing at her oddly as she entered her apartment, shoes in hand.

After swallowing a couple of painkillers, she curled up in her comfy chair to call Willow. When no one answered, she realised where her friend was. “With her secretary,” Buffy laughed, then stopped abruptly as she realised they’d make a cute couple and she herself had gone home with someone she worked with.

Oh god, what he must think of her! William, her boss, was incredible. He’d wink at her when complimenting her work, and he always made her laugh. But did that with all his female employees. Although, he probably didn’t do his other employees.

He must be so relieved. She’d left to spare them the trouble of talking about the night before and figuring out that they’d both been too drunk to remember anything. Then, of course, would have come the embarrassment and possibly him firing her for her behaviour. And she really didn’t need that to ruin her holiday season.

~~

William dejectedly showered and changed for his morning run. He’d just have to deal with this on Monday, when he saw Buffy again. He only hoped she’d forgive him for what he’d concluded had happened. The pictures on his bedside table had shown his rough treatment of her.

He knew he was to blame; he was infatuated with the blonde and one of his fantasies, involving her and his handcuffs, was bound to occur if he had the occasion to take advantage of her that way. He could really only beg for her forgiveness and ask her not to report him.

~~

Buffy finally caught Willow on the phone. Her friend had returned to her apartment on Saturday night briefly to get clothes before returning to Tara’s. She didn’t have much time to talk, but told Buffy to talk to William at work. If she wanted him, there was always a chance that he wanted her back.

~~

“Miss Summers, may I see you in my office?” William asked, pausing only for a second on his way past her desk.

Faith, in the cubicle next to her, scooted her chair around so she could immediately question Buffy. “Been a naughty girl?” she asked, smirking.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Buffy replied, displaying a confidence she didn’t feel. At Faith’s surprised look, she got up and went to his office.

Knocking on the door, she entered, and sat opposite him at his gesture.

“Look, Mr Stanfield, I’m really sorry about Friday night. I won’t tell anyone, I promise. Please don’t fire me?” she finished in a small voice, terrified at his silence.

“Miss Summers, what happened was entirely my fault. I called you in here to tell you that I’d understand if you wish to transfer to another team. I’m afraid that my feelings may influence any decisions I make as your boss.”

“Your fault?” Buffy asked, looking up from her hands.

“Yes. I obviously deceived you to get you to come home with me-”

“Mr Stanfield-”

“Why are you calling me that? It’s always been William to my team members.”

“William, I was drunk. I don’t remember what happened. All I know is that I woke up the next morning next to you. I’m willing to pretend it never happened if you are.”

“You don’t remember?” he repeated, receiving a nod in answer. Should he tell her? She had a right to know how he used her. As much as her reaction would hurt him, he couldn’t just continue to work with her if he kept this from her.

“I have pictures,” he told her, reaching into his top desk drawer and handing her a dozen polaroids.

“Oh god,” Buffy gasped, flipping through them quickly. He’d handcuffed her, blindfolded her? And she couldn’t remember? Damn. It was just her luck to have hot, kinky sex with her boss and not remember it. “Wow.”

“Excuse me?”

“Uh, um. I mean, this is… I can’t believe I don’t remember it. Next year, I’m not drinking,” she said, blushing.

“You should probably destroy those pictures,” William said. “And be careful with where you put them until you do.”

“What? These are yours,” Buffy said, handing them back to him. “I’ll keep them next year.”

“Next year?” he repeated, not sure he understood what she meant. Did she just insinuate…?

“Well, I know you don’t date your employees, so I’ll just have to hope you drink enough to end up with me again next year.”

“Oh.”

“So, uh, thanks for clearing up that blank, William,” she said, standing up to leave.

“Miss Summers!” he called out as she opened the door.

“Yes?”

“Would you go out with me? Dinner, tonight?”

Buffy turned to face him. “Are you sure?” she asked.

“Afterwards we can work on some pictures for you. I have some silk scarves…”

“Sounds great.”

“I’ll pick you up at 7.”

End.