The Teen Dream
Chapter 4 - We're all here

Dru was really, truly proud of herself. She’d created the perfect little pet all while getting rid of Cordy, accidentally or not. It really didn’t matter. She’d made sure that everyone would believe their rape story and it’d been a pleasure to say the least. Now, all she needed to do was keep her darling Buffy away from that trash Spike Giles and life would be good. Sinfully good.

“Drusilla Shayne?” her algebra teacher called out from the front of the class, snapping her out of her thoughts. She looked up at him and he continued, “You have a pass to go down to the office now.”

Partly confused, partly curious, Dru grabbed her things, marched up to the teacher, snatched the pass and sashayed out of the classroom.

~+~+~+~
Darla would never admit it to anyone but she had her doubts that Dru’s plan was going to work. Sure Cordy and her had never truly been bestest friends forever but she’d never want her to die. She really didn’t know where these thoughts were coming from. Drusilla never let her down and no matter what her father, or anyone else said, she wasn’t a follower. Mmhm.

“Darla, they need to see you in the office,” her health teacher sighed, “Go now.”

Something tightened in the pit of her stomach as she nodded, accepted the pass and headed out of the room only to find Dru heading out of the office, a smirk on her face. Something was about to happen for sure.

~+~+~+~
Dru sat down preparing for Lilah Morgan to talk to her.

"Nice to meet you Drusilla, I'm Detective Morgan you can call me Lilah."

"Hello, Lilah."

"You were Cordy's best friend, right?"

"Yes."

"Did you go to school that day?"

"Of course." Dru said in the most innocent way she knew.

"Did you call her?"

"No."

"If your best friend is not at school she should be."

"Depends." Dru knowing exactly what she was saying.

"Let me ask you something. Did you call in Sic for Cordelia?

~Darla's interrogation~

"Did I what?"

"Did you call in sick for Cordy?"

"Of course not!"

~Dru's~

"Did it shock you?" Lilah asked Dru.

"What?"

"Her Death."

~Darla~

"Not personally." Darla said in complete honesty.

"What? Trying to get used to the idea?"

~Dru~

"Well yeah, I guess you could say that"

~Darla~

"Do you know who was with Cordy last night?

~Dru~

"Come on. Who was the lucky guy?"

"What do you mean?" Asked Drusilla.

"Who was she fucking?!"

~Darla~

"No one!"

Lilah reached into a paper bag and pulled out a jawbreaker.

"Do you know what this is?"

"No."

~Dru~

"Yes."

"Takes a lot of lick to get this down. Wanna whirl?"

"No thank you."

"It's hard. Like a rock." She said before slamming it onto the table.

"Jawbreaker. The names says it all, it'll break your jaw. Pretty fucked up anme for candy, don't ya think?"

~ End of Dru's and Darla's interrogation ~

Buffy marched into school with a smile on her face. She was officially one of the most popular girls in school. She walked up to her locked before being bombarded by two girls.

"You're Buffy? Right?"

"Yes."

"I heard you were the last one to see Cordelia Chase alive." One said then the other.

"That is soooo cool!"

They then ran off before giggling before Buffy headed to class.

~+~+~+~
Buffy sat doodling a butterfly on the side of her notebook, not really paying attention to her English Lit teacher go on and on about something or another.


She tilted her head slightly to look at her drawing and scrunched her eyebrows together. It was kinda funny about how symbolic it was to her. She’d gone from the ugly caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly, as completely cliché as it sounded. Hell, the whole thing was cliché. The ugly duckling becomes the swan, even though nobody ever gets killed in those stories of course. They sure as hell do in this one. She let out a soft sigh and was about to advert her attention back to the teacher when a pass was set down on her desk. She picked it up, examined it slightly and looked up at Mrs. Owens with questioning eyes.


“It says to go now,” she nodded at the door, “I don’t know what it’s about.”

Buffy nodded slightly before gathering her things and heading out of class. ANYTHING was better then Mrs. Owens almost insane ramblings about tragedy and despair.
Or so she thought.

~+~+~+~
~Buffy interrogation ~

"It's really hard to track you down Lizzie." Lilah said as Buffy sat down

"Buffy."

"What?"

"Lizzie is a childhood name and now I'm a senior Buffy sounds more appropriate. Can we keep that between us?"

"Of course. Now, Mr. Giles said that you took Cordelia’s homework home for her. Can you tell me about that?"

"Cordy and I never officially met. Well we kind of met. I had this term paper due and I was late for class."



Darla, Dru and Cordelia were walking down the hall when Lizzie came running in with an arm full of papers. Before she knew what happened she tripped. The only one of the girls to stop was Cordelia. While the other girls walked Cordy knelt down to help Lizzie pick up her papers.



"Nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."

"So you two became friends right?"

"No. But we id have a class together. Algebra. I really looked up to her."

"So Cordelia was like a hero to you? Wouldn't it bother you to lose such a close friend?"

Buffy rolled her eyes. "This is high school Detective Morgan what is a friend anyways?"

"A friend is someone who tells the truth no matter what. A true friend never tells lies."

"Look! Cordelia was sweet I did her a favor. Now can I leave?"

"Of course."

She left with guilt eating her away.
~+~+~+~
Buffy stumbled out of the office, regret, guilt sadness and fear all swirling through her body at the same time leaving her with a definitely unpleasant sinking feeling. ‘This is high school detective Morgan, what is a friend anyways?’ repeated in her head over and over. It was the truth. What was a friend in high school?

She clenched her eyes shut and grabbed her stomach. She felt like someone had grabbed onto something in there and was now currently twisting everything into knots. She let out a loud sigh and fell against a few lockers, finally opening her eyes. When she did, she immediately saw Spike giving her a questioning look.

“Are you like stalking me?” she sighed. She really didn’t need to talk to anyone in general a the moment.

He smirked at her, “Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.”

“Could you just go away? I kinda want to be alone right now.”

His eyes softened and there was a moment of silence before he said, “Come on luv, I got somewhere to show you.” He then offered her his hand.

Buffy hesitated a moment, staring at his hand before nodding and taking it. At that moment, something clicked inside them both. Buffy for some reason felt slightly better just by holding the guy she was supposed to avoid at all costs according to Dru. The dark haired brunette flashed in her mind for a brief second before she shook it off and followed Spike out of the high school.

~+~+~+~
“It’s amazing up here,” Buffy let out a small happy sigh, leaning against Spike.

He turned and smiled at her, not smirked, “I come up here when I want to be alone.” He paused before saying, “I don’t mind sharing with you though luv.”

Buffy smiled back at him, not replying. She’d been reluctant when he’d taken her to the old, rundown drive-in movie theater and even more reluctant when he’d wanted her to climb up to sit on a platform, level with the huge screen. Now, that she was up here, ever thing felt right, even if just for a moment. A moment was all she needed anyways.

AN: so here’s another chapter for you all to review *hint-hint* hope it wasn’t to confusing with the switching from interrogation to interrogation and we hope y’all enjoyed!