Summary: William or ‘Spike’ Giles falls head over heels with his classmate, Buffy Summers, who corresponds his love. After dating for three years and dealing with the ups and downs, Buffy breaks some news to Spike that might change his life forever and he runs away from it. After three years of being away from Sunnydale, he comes back and reunites himself with Buffy and someone he knew that would open his heart, but Buffy doesn’t know if she could accept him again. Will Spike be able to conquer Buffy’s heart? Read and review! (I know it’s been done, but I thought I could give it a go!)

Chapter One

1998

“First day of school, guys!” a voice squealed behind seventeen-year-old Buffy Summers. The blonde turned to find her best friend Willow Rosenbeurg in hand with her guitarist boyfriend Daniel Osbourne or much preferred to be known as Oz. Buffy smiled at the redhead and hugged her.

“It’s been a long time, Willow!” Buffy exclaimed as she let go of her friend. As she did, she felt a strong pair of arms swiftly wrapping around her waist. “Parker!”

Parker Abrams kissed Buffy’s cheek lightly and let his girlfriend go. Buffy smiled warmly at him before taking his hand and walking into the school.

~*~*~*~

“Are you going to get out, William, or are we going to go back home and have the lecture again?” Rupert Giles sternly stated as he watched his seventeen-year-old son sigh heavily next to him. They sat in the student drop-off of the Sunnydale High campus, where most of the students were excited to start and get on with the year.

“I don’t know, Dad… And it’s Spike for the fifth time,” the boy murmured as he grabbed his jacket from the back seat and opened the passenger door. “I’m not the one that wanted to move here.”

“Son, it was for the best,” Rupert admitted as he watched his son climb out promptly and stare back with the ‘I-don’t-bloody-care’ look. Rupert sighed and shooed his son into the campus. “Get into class. You best go and get an education.”

“Awe, dad, didn’t know you cared,” Spike exaggerated and turned around without looking back. He wanted to go back to London and stay with his grandmother, but he would do that when he turned eighteen.

William Giles never thought he would leave the small vicinity he lived in back in England, and he thanked his father everyday for taking him away from what he loved the most. He never got the chance to live his life the way he wanted to. Walking into an American high school was never on his to-do list.

“This is going to be bloody interesting,” Spike mumbled as he entered the premises, his eyes searching for something that would put him in a bad temper, but something caught his eye. About a few feet away stood a beautiful blonde girl, giggling with her redheaded friend and a punk boy, but she didn’t look punk at all. Her blonde hair rested on her shoulders and her smile was as delicate as a rose. Shivers ran down Spike’s back as she watched the girl walk toward him with her friends.

~*~*~*~

“I’ll talk to you later, sweetheart,” Parker whispered into Buffy’s ear before walking away to his clique of friends in the opposite side of the school. She smiled and turned to her friends.

“Buffy, how about we go to the Bronze tonight, for old times’ sake?” Willow asked as they continued to walk through the halls. Buffy shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t see why not. I’ll be there around sevenish?” Buffy agreed and smiled at Willow as the redhead to her boyfriend’s hands in hers. She watched them walk away and as she turned, she bumped into someone, causing her to fall back with a large thud. Her temper rose exceedingly when she sat up to look at the guilty party. Her heart suddenly fluttered when she saw a bleached blonde on the floor across from her with the same expression on his face. He quickly stood up and gave her his hand in apology. Without even thinking, Buffy accepted his hand and stood up. She stared into his eyes; they were as blue as the sea and his blonde curls were gelled back slickly.

“I’m so sorry, love. I didn’t mean to bump into you,” the boy spoke in a British accent, causing shivers to run down Buffy’s spine. She was still amazed with his sea-blue eyes.

~*~*~*~

Spike had forgotten the reason he wanted to have a bad temper. As he watched the girl, he felt his stomach turn upside down when a smile formed on her lips… especially since he was still holding her hand. He quickly let go of it, and merely blushed.

“It’s okay. This happens all the time around here,” she stated and shrugged her shoulders. Spike couldn’t get any words out after that; he needed to for he had forgotten to introduce himself.

“Where are my manners? I’m William Giles but I prefer to be called Spike,” he greeted himself as he held out his hand to shake it with hers. She had stared at it for a moment before returning the greeting.

“Hi Spike. I’m Buffy Summers,” Buffy stated and took his hand. When she did, an electric shock bounced through the two, causing them both to jump at the sting. Buffy glanced up at Spike, her emerald eyes widened in alarm. Spike felt as if they were the only two in the whole campus. Everything had stopped around them in their minds, keeping them from absorbing any outside information.

“What the bloody hell was that?” Spike murmured as he stepped closer to Buffy. She gasped as she felt the same shock go through when he squeezed her hand once more.

“I don’t know… you feel it too?” she sighed, noticing the amount of space that was diminishing. The two were in a trance, as if they were put under a spell. For Buffy, Parker was forgotten and everything else never existed. For Spike, London was a figment of his imagination and he was beginning to like Sunnydale, California. The trance was interrupted by the ringing of the class bell ringing to get into class.

“Do want to go to the Bronze tonight?” Buffy asked without giving second thought. Spike smiled, his eyes warming to a cool blue.

“Sure…”

“Sevenish?” Spike chuckled at her use of words. Buffy raised an eyebrow but smiled anyways.

“Sure.” He watched her walk away, disregarding the thought that he ever had class. He just stood in the hallway, watching her turn around to look at him before turning in the corner and disappeared.

~*~*~*~

Present Day 2004

The breeze lightly entered through the window, swiftly curling Buffy’s hair into her face. She stirred lightly, slowly opened her eyes to find herself on her bed in her room. She looked around the room for an explanation for what happened but then she suddenly realized what occurred.

Callie… toys… surprise… Spike is back… She suddenly lifted herself up from her bed, her eyes widening to the size of two large marbles. There was a glass of water with a note next to it. She picked it up and opened it carefully.

Don’t worry… Callie is downstairs with me and I’m going to make you dinner. Whenever you feel up to coming down, I’ll be glad to see you. I miss you.

Spike


Buffy closed her eyes for a moment and opened them again. She needed to work up the guts to talk to him. She wanted to crawl back into his arms but she wouldn’t do that. The pain was too much for Buffy. She smelled the kitchen aroma sneaking into her room, causing Buffy’s stomach to growl with passion. She stood up from the bed and went to open the door, but her hand just rested on the doorknob. She wanted to talk to him so badly but she didn’t know if she could take the heat. Her thought whirled with thoughts, but the main thought that came to mind was her daughter, her real reason for living.

“Callie loves her daddy…” Buffy whispered as she leaned on the door. “I love him, too.”

~*~*~*~

A/N: What do you think? A lot of people love it! Thanks for the reviews! Anyone want to give suggestions on what to write next? Open for suggestions!!

-Jess